E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-14-2013, 11:45 PM   #21
l0e3o7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 45 min from LA
Posts: 159
My Ride: isn't important
Send a message via AIM to l0e3o7
more develpments

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...tml?1368562774
__________________

Wake up America


(\OO\ (||)(||) /OO/)

Last edited by l0e3o7; 05-14-2013 at 11:50 PM.
l0e3o7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:08 AM   #22
l0e3o7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 45 min from LA
Posts: 159
My Ride: isn't important
Send a message via AIM to l0e3o7
you know.. It really is kind of amusing how Obama and everyone in the white house finds out about these things when we do!
__________________

Wake up America


(\OO\ (||)(||) /OO/)
l0e3o7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:40 AM   #23
MDydinanM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: East Coast
Posts: 754
My Ride: is a ///M
Obama Administration seizing journalists' telephone records without explanation

Quote:
Originally Posted by l0e3o7 View Post
you know.. It really is kind of amusing how Obama and everyone in the white house finds out about these things when we do!
If that's the case, that should tell you something. Either he's uniformed, playing dumb, or had no part of it.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Last edited by MDydinanM; 05-15-2013 at 05:55 AM.
MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:56 AM   #24
MDydinanM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: East Coast
Posts: 754
My Ride: is a ///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
This. Meanwhile, the drones throw their head in the sand.
That's funny coming from you, ironic even. You being the poster child for the Republican party and droning along with your antics.
MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:02 AM   #25
MDydinanM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: East Coast
Posts: 754
My Ride: is a ///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsesq View Post
I am with the ACLU that this is abusing power, at least without some type of explanation.

However, they have subpoenas, that is all the reason they need.

There is no constitutional provision to protect sources. This is why some journalists have gone to jail on contempt charges for failing to reveal their sources.

However, if they can't come up with a damn good, national security reason why they needed these records...truly independent investigation of this needs to happen.
If you recall from the article, and assuming that's the only thing going on, the acquiring of phone records was in regards to determining the source who prematurely leaked the foiled bomb plot from the Middle East. It has serious implications. Not only does it put the Saudi informant at great risk, but it also undermines our credibility, future intelligence sharing partnerships, and potentially our ability to conduct future operations since we can't keep things a secret.

Plausible scenario here in regards to getting those phone records:

A National Security Letter (NSL) could have been issued by the DOJ/FBI. If so, I don't think the government has to say anything, and the organization providing the records is bound by secrecy (gag order).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_security_letter

just a thought and an assumption - and assuming NSLs are still used. Not sure if they are.

Last edited by MDydinanM; 05-15-2013 at 06:07 AM.
MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:10 AM   #26
Lair
Modded ///Member
 
Lair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sea level
Posts: 321
My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
Lawl at the rustling.


I've neve seen so many republicans in such a tizzy. Bless their little black hearts.
__________________

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:58 PM   #27
l0e3o7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 45 min from LA
Posts: 159
My Ride: isn't important
Send a message via AIM to l0e3o7
To be honest I'm amazed, even skeptical in a sense, that this is all a ploy.
__________________

Wake up America


(\OO\ (||)(||) /OO/)
l0e3o7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:58 AM   #28
MDydinanM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: East Coast
Posts: 754
My Ride: is a ///M
Obama Administration seizing journalists' telephone records without explanation

No matter what this administration does, in the eyes of conservatives, it will never be good enough.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:36 AM   #29
casino is no lie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: CDT
Posts: 76
My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDydinanM View Post
No matter what this administration does, in the eyes of conservatives, it will never be good enough.
If only they held Obama to the same standards as their presidential candidates in the past two elections (i.e., low).
__________________
casino is no lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:48 AM   #30
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
seized the phone records of 5 fox reporters too

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journal...-Phone-Records
Quote:
The Obama Justice Department has seized the phone records of numbers that are associated with White House staffers and, apparently, with Fox News reporters, according to a document filed on October 13, 2011, in the case of Stephen Jin-Woo Kim, a former State Department contractor accused of violating the Espionage Act for allegedly leaking classified information to James Rosen, a Fox News reporter. Ronald C. Machen, Jr., the U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia, who is prosecuting the case, has seized records associated with two phone numbers at the White House, at least five numbers associated with Fox News, and one that has the same area code and exchange as Rosen's personal-cell-phone number (the last four numbers are redacted).
http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/...ed-164456.html

Quote:
Sharyl Attkisson, the Emmy-award winning CBS News investigative reporter, says that her personal and work computers have been compromised and are under investigation.

"I can confirm that an intrusion of my computers has been under some investigation on my end for some months but I'm not prepared to make an allegation against a specific entity today as I've been patient and methodical about this matter," Attkisson told POLITICO on Tuesday. "I need to check with my attorney and CBS to get their recommendations on info we make public."
Remember, she was the one asking too many questions about Benghazi and CBS has the brother link in the white house.

Hey what do you know, the US attorney involved donated to Obama

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...ig-Obama-Donor
Quote:
The US Attorney for the District of Columbia, Ronald C. Machen - the man responsible for the aggressive surveillance and phone record scrutiny at Fox News - is also a big donor to the Obama Campaigns. At the time of his appointment, the Washington Post wrote a profile on Machen including this tidbit:

Over the years, he has donated $4,350 to Obama's campaigns. He gave $250 to Obama's U.S. Senate campaign in 2003, a year before Obama, then an Illinois state senator, emerged on the nation's political radar, according to campaign finance records.

Furthermore, in June of 2012, Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX) questioned Attorney General Eric Holder about the appointment of Mr. Machen to head-up the leaks investigation. During the questioning Sen. Cornyn revealed that not only was Machen a donor to the Obama campaign, he was also a volunteer for Obama for America. Cornyn called into question whether he could conduct the leaks investigation in a fair and non-partisan way.
Soooooo corrupt.
__________________
Gold Medal Recipient: Jimmy Rustling (2014)

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin

Last edited by Act of God; 05-22-2013 at 07:50 AM.
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:26 AM   #31
Lair
Modded ///Member
 
Lair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sea level
Posts: 321
My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
When are you going to stop quoting Breitbart? Nobody with a brain believes anything that comes from that pos website.
__________________

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:38 AM   #32
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
When are you going to stop quoting Breitbart? Nobody with a brain believes anything that comes from that pos website.
are you saying that the facts in those articles are untrue? proof?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...041803651.html
Quote:
Machen has long admired Obama -- since his days at Harvard Law School, where Obama already was a "legend," Machen said. In 2003, Machen was one of the first people to donate to Obama's U.S. Senate campaign, long before he emerged on the national political stage.
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/cri...hen-to-be.html
Quote:
Over the years, he has donated $4,350 to Obama's campaigns. He gave $250 to Obama's U.S. Senate campaign in 2003, a year before Obama, then an Illinois state senator, emerged on the nation's political radar, according to campaign finance records.
http://www.newyorker.com/online/blog...e-records.html
Quote:
The Obama Justice Department has seized the phone records of numbers that are associated with White House staffers and, apparently, with Fox News reporters, according to a document filed in the case of Stephen Jin-Woo Kim, on October 13, 2011. Kim is a former State Department contractor accused of violating the Espionage Act for allegedly leaking classified information to James Rosen, a Fox News reporter. Ronald C. Machen, Jr., the U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia, who is prosecuting the case, has seized records associated with two phone numbers at the White House, at least five numbers associated with Fox News, and one that has the same area code and exchange as Rosen’s personal-cell-phone number (the last four numbers are redacted).
so yeah
__________________
Gold Medal Recipient: Jimmy Rustling (2014)

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:44 AM   #33
Lair
Modded ///Member
 
Lair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sea level
Posts: 321
My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
Im saying Breitbart is a pos website whose rightwing fanatic founder died of a cocaine od.

When are you going to stop quoting it?
__________________

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:49 AM   #34
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
Im saying Breitbart is a pos website whose rightwing fanatic founder died of a cocaine od.

When are you going to stop quoting it?
Reported facts are facts, regardless of the source. You can't prove otherwise, and what's so bad about doing cocaine? Our last two presidents did it. Unless you can show me where they intentionally reported false facts your argument is useless.

Oh I got one, remember when Breitbart made up that story about Anthony Weiner exposing himself on twitter? What a hoax! Remember when Jon Stewart said that can't be Weiner because he went to camp with him and saw his dong? Oh man Brietbart totally made that up!

Oh wait...
__________________
Gold Medal Recipient: Jimmy Rustling (2014)

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:52 AM   #35
Lair
Modded ///Member
 
Lair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sea level
Posts: 321
My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
Are you back on the juice?
__________________

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:59 AM   #36
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
Are you back on the juice?
No.
__________________
Gold Medal Recipient: Jimmy Rustling (2014)

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:13 PM   #37
rdsesq
ouroboros autorotica
 
rdsesq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Cali...the only state that matters
Posts: 1,452
My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Soooooo corrupt.
$4,350 since 2003. If that is all the dough it takes to buy ones way into the post of US Attorney for the District of Columbia we are talking about rampant deflation.

You are seriously going to say $4,350 in campaign contributions even makes the radar for a campaign that raised 750M in 2008 and 1Billion in 2012.

Even you don't believe that...JonJon maybe.
__________________
"The existence of life is a highly overrated phenomenon."
-- Dr Manhattan

quis custodiet ipsos custodes
rdsesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:06 PM   #38
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsesq View Post
$4,350 since 2003. If that is all the dough it takes to buy ones way into the post of US Attorney for the District of Columbia we are talking about rampant deflation.

You are seriously going to say $4,350 in campaign contributions even makes the radar for a campaign that raised 750M in 2008 and 1Billion in 2012.

Even you don't believe that...JonJon maybe.
Sorry, forgot to add also black guy who went to Harvard law and referred to Obama as a "legend". How much money have you personally given Obama? I'd guess no where near 4,000+
__________________
Gold Medal Recipient: Jimmy Rustling (2014)

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:31 PM   #39
rdsesq
ouroboros autorotica
 
rdsesq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Cali...the only state that matters
Posts: 1,452
My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Sorry, forgot to add also black guy who went to Harvard law and referred to Obama as a "legend". How much money have you personally given Obama? I'd guess no where near 4,000+
I have given him exactly $0.00. Which according to the reports you referenced, he didn't give Obama a dime either. He gave it to Obama's campaign. That makes it tax deductible, ask the IRS.

Face it AofG, four grand ain't gonna buy the post of US Attorney for the District of Columbia.

As for this person being a "black guy who went to Harvard law and referred to Obama as a "legend"" That hardly qualifies as corruption. Or would a "white guy who went to Arizona State law and referred to Obama as a "windbag"" be OK, even if he had donated a total of $4K over two presidential elections to Obama's campaign.

This one is the best you can come up with to cry "corruption!!".
__________________
"The existence of life is a highly overrated phenomenon."
-- Dr Manhattan

quis custodiet ipsos custodes
rdsesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:56 PM   #40
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
HOLDER GAVE THE OK to search Fox News reporters, wow!

http://openchannel.nbcnews.com/_news...cial-says?lite
Quote:
Attorney General Eric Holder signed off on a controversial search warrant that identified Fox News reporter James Rosen as a "possible co-conspirator" in violations of the Espionage Act and authorized seizure of his private emails, a law enforcement official told NBC News on Thursday.
This POS needs to go. No pension, no reassignment, probably prison!
__________________
Gold Medal Recipient: Jimmy Rustling (2014)

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin

Last edited by Act of God; 05-23-2013 at 06:56 PM.
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use