E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-15-2013, 03:20 PM   #1
jony787

My Ride: 318ti M52tu SWAP
MS43 breakthrough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally after months of research i got all that i need to tune any MS43 dme. Two days ago I went tho the dyno to tune a 325i. This car has no modifications. The car enter to the dyno with 168whp and left with 182whp. If anyone is interested please let me know. My plan is to help all those enthusiasts and give something back to the forum. I'm able to adjust....
RPM Limits,Injector size,Speed limit,Throttle Response!!!!!!,Fuel maps,Ignition maps,VANOS intake and exhaust and more.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	axel 325i.jpg
Views:	744
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	505714  

Last edited by jony787; 05-16-2013 at 03:01 PM.
jony787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:32 PM   #2
Hornung418

My Ride: '04 MB ZHP
No reason not to share. Those are nice numbers, but that huge dip in the middle needs some serious adjusting.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:34 PM   #3
jony787

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
No reason not to share. Those are nice numbers, but that huge dip in the middle needs some serious adjusting.
this tune is at 7200rpm. that is the reason. but thanks for the tip!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by jony787; 05-15-2013 at 03:36 PM.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:03 AM   #4
t651

My Ride: BMW
Heya,

How did you calculate the checksum?
I've got most of the basic maps defined, but have struggled to determine the checksum algorithm.

Cheers
t651 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:48 AM   #5
SoloII///M

My Ride: Many
I'd like to see that re-plotted showing the correction factors applied to both traces. It looks fishy.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:14 PM   #6
Steven747

My Ride: 05 330ci
breakthrough spelled wrong?
Old 05-16-2013, 03:13 PM   #7
jony787

Quote:
Originally Posted by t651 View Post
Heya,

I've got most of the basic maps defined, but have struggled to determine the checksum algorithm.

Cheers
Send me your files ill correct them for you!!!!
Old 05-18-2013, 10:00 AM   #8
jony787

People complain about expensive tunes, not having the right information about tuning e46. You know what, know i know why. Keep paying!!!! Cheers!!!!
Old 05-18-2013, 12:48 PM   #9
Hornung418

My Ride: '04 MB ZHP
Re: MS43 breakthrough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a waste of a resource. Share the dyno and give no details regarding the tuning or equipment used. You're a selfish individual.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Last edited by Hornung418; 05-18-2013 at 12:49 PM.
Hornung418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 02:23 PM   #10
TerraPhantm

My Ride: 2005 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by t651 View Post
Heya,

Cheers
There are 12 checksums IIRC, and if I'm not mistaken the calculation requires a full dump. That algorithm is going to be a tough one to crack. OP is probably using a pirated copy of WinOLS

Last edited by TerraPhantm; 05-18-2013 at 02:24 PM.
TerraPhantm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:50 PM   #11
jony787

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
What a waste of a resource. Share the dyno and give no details regarding the tuning or equipment used. You're a selfish individual.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Details:
Engine ms54b25
Spark angle: plus 5 degrees across the hole map.
Fuel increased almost 10% to compensate the fuel demand.
No gains from exhaust cam.
Most of the gains came from intake cam advance. After that increase fuel and you will see hp gains.
Cable: galletto 1260
I think you guys know already what software im using for checksums but any questions please pm me. I have all the maps locations for the ms43. But like i said. Im willing to share my information, im not asking for money. I just need more data to complete my research. For example. I found a tuned bin from a 330i and saw where the tuners adjust. Because i have the map locations but not all the factors. RPM is in almost 5 different places. There is 2 ignition maps and 4 fuel maps not all the maps need to be touched but like i said, if you guys want to turbo or supercharger your cars im willing to help but for that i need the bin from a tuned car. Everyone want the info but nobody want cooperate. I have tuned files for 330i and 325i. If someone wants to be my guinea pig LOL and test one of my tunes. The only requirement is the galetto 1260 cable. My email is jcr787@gmail.com. Send me your file details about your car and i will do my best to put a smile on your face!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by jony787; 05-18-2013 at 09:51 PM.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:08 PM   #12
TerraPhantm

If you truly want to "crack open" the MS43, then follow the example of the MSS54 tuning efforts. Post whatever info you've got out in the open and encourage others to join in. I think I have a DAMOS for an MS43... not sure which version. I imagine you might have the same one.

I'm not comfortable with using tuned files as basis for public efforts though. While it's legally okay, it's unethical IMO to rip off someone else's work. And since tuning companies tend to have a lot of power over forums via sponsoring dollars, it's best not to go there.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:53 PM   #13
jony787

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraPhantm View Post
If you truly want to "crack open" the MS43, then follow the example of the MSS54 tuning efforts. Post whatever info you've got out in the open and encourage others to join in. I think I have a DAMOS for an MS43... not sure which version. I imagine you might have the same one.

I'm not comfortable with using tuned files as basis for public efforts though. While it's legally okay, it's unethical IMO to rip off someone else's work. And since tuning companies tend to have a lot of power over forums via sponsoring dollars, it's best not to go there.
I already cracked open the MS43 to US and EURO Version. But people are afraid of i dont know who. You know how people tune or even start their cars on megasquirt???? With other peoples maps. How bmw tuners became bmw tuners??? Doing the same thing i did or paying big bucks for the map locations and the right software, and testing. So to be honest. Its not unethical IMO to use a file in a DME if the owner agrees because the OWNER pay for that service. If I build an engine, sell it and later on the owner decides to open it up to see whats inside it take measurents whatever the case, there is nothing i can do about it. Like i said, there is nothing wrong to open a file, see where they usually change, do your OWN changes and test. That is called reverse engineering LOL.
Old 05-19-2013, 02:45 AM   #14
TerraPhantm

Look, either keep your knowledge to yourself, or post it publicly. There's no reason to make a bunch of vague claims and then not post any real information.

I know damn well what reverse engineering is -- but I also don't like ripping off other people's work. And fact of the matter is various tuning companies do sponsor forums such as this one -- if their maps get blatantly ripped off, they'll threaten to pull their dollars, and the administration will shut the discussions down. That's not helpful.

And yes I know how people tune. Some people are lazy and just rip off the work of others. Some people actually get their car on a dyno, slowly adjust timings, etc... and make the appropriate calculations to correct torque maps. And people who are truly skilled will actually disassemble the DMEs to get full control over it (admittedly most tuning companies don't even do that... NickG being an exception from the looks of it)

Last edited by TerraPhantm; 05-19-2013 at 02:46 AM.
Old 05-19-2013, 03:07 AM   #15
T0mi

My Ride: E46ci Facelift
I don't know if my friends 318 has ms43 but if you willing to tell how to get the file out of there I can send it to you to play with it.
It has a n42b20 engine valvetronik.
Thanks in advance.

Greek Maf
T0mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 05:40 AM   #16
t651

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
There are 12 checksums IIRC, and if I'm not mistaken the calculation requires a full dump.
Interesting. I got a generic remap done on my e39 530i.
I only sent the tuner a copy of a galletto flash dump (64k only).

They managed to recalc the checksum based on that.
They sent back the file, I uploaded it and the car started immediately.

Not sure what that means really...
t651 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:54 AM   #17
jony787

Quote:
Look, either keep your knowledge to yourself, or post it publicly. There's no reason to make a bunch of vague claims and then not post any real information.

I know damn well what reverse engineering is -- but I also don't like ripping off other people's work. And fact of the matter is various tuning companies do sponsor forums such as this one -- if their maps get blatantly ripped off, they'll threaten to pull their dollars, and the administration will shut the discussions down. That's not helpful.

And yes I know how people tune. Some people are lazy and just rip off the work of others. Some people actually get their car on a dyno, slowly adjust timings, etc... and make the appropriate calculations to correct torque maps. And people who are truly skilled will actually disassemble the DMEs to get full control over it (admittedly most tuning companies don't even do that... NickG being an exception from the looks of it)
Im not here to argue with you. If you dont have any important coments just leave the forum. I went to the dyno and tune using my judgement and its posted how I did it. Tuning its not hard. Keep working on your M3 and let us the non-M owners have fun in here.
Old 05-19-2013, 12:05 PM   #18
jony787

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0mi View Post
I don't know if my friends 318 has ms43 but if you willing to tell how to get the file out of there I can send it to you to play with it.
It has a n42b20 engine valvetronik.
Thanks in advance.
Thanks but for now im working in ms43
Old 05-19-2013, 02:16 PM   #19
intelone

My Ride: e46 M3
Yes, finally massive collaboration like the MSS54/hp finally. Oh wait, ripping other people's tune. I see this going really well. lol

intelone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:37 PM   #20
jony787

Quote:
Originally Posted by intelone View Post
Yes, finally massive collaboration like the MSS54/hp finally. Oh wait, ripping other people's tune. I see this going really well. lol
I still dont see how we are ripping other people tunes but whatever. The main goal is increase your cars hp and still be able to pay the mortgage. Like i said before. If you have nothing positive dont post it