E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-19-2013, 02:49 PM   #21
intelone

My Ride: e46 M3
I can understand if this was opened sourced, collaborative, a group discovery type endeavor and most importantly not theft. You're not even being casual about it, its your arrogance and bluntness about it that surprises me. Mortgage payment? Sounds like a business venture to me, really a bad way to approach it if you're asking for tunes from others. If mods let this thread go, then I'll just sit on the sideline and watch. Anyways, good luck to you. And if you do get big, you'll be know as the guy who ripped other peoples work blatantly.

intelone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:03 PM   #22
jony787

My Ride: 318ti M52tu SWAP
Quote:
Originally Posted by intelone View Post
I can understand if this was opened sourced, collaborative, a group discovery type endeavor and most importantly not theft. You're not even being casual about it, its your arrogance and bluntness about it that surprises me. Mortgage payment? Sounds like a business venture to me, really a bad way to approach it if you're asking for tunes from others. If mods let this thread go, then I'll just sit on the sideline and watch. Anyways, good luck to you. And if you do get big, you'll be know as the guy who ripped other peoples work blatantly.
My plan is not to get big. This is my hobby. I have no plans to make money from this. That is the reason Im not posting all the info because a dont want other people with bad intensions take advantage of this.
jony787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:30 AM   #23
phubar

My Ride: 335is, HD
Don't get ur panties in a bunch people. Back when I was looking to transfer my AA kit from my old 323 to my 330 I looked into tuning the ms43 myself and I found a LOT of modified bins in the ecu and coding forums. People just post them for anybody to use with no copyright infringement disclaimers or anything... U freak out now but if u visit the Russian BMW coding forums, you'll have a stroke...
phubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:31 AM   #24
phubar

Op did u try using the difinition file for the ms43 floating around on the ecutuning forum? Most of the legwork is done with that file.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:40 AM   #25
daniel_f.

My Ride: 330iCA
so if ist cracked, where do i find the map for the exhaust flap system? i would like to take an euro2 software from a 330ci and convert the exhaust flap opening to the 330xi style (closed even at standing still).

iīve compared 330i software with 330xi software (both 430066) and there was a huge number of different maps and values, and i really donīt like to compare a third software with them

Last edited by daniel_f.; 05-21-2013 at 01:42 AM.
daniel_f. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:42 AM   #26
jony787

Quote:
Originally Posted by phubar View Post
Op did u try using the difinition file for the ms43 floating around on the ecutuning forum? Most of the legwork is done with that file.
That xdf has most of the important map locations for 1 version. Its good but it has most of the correction factors missing. You need some type of hex editor or winols. Im able to port the maps from one version to the other. The m54b30 has the same map values in all the versions. Im not using that xdf but im able to make a new xdf with the right map locations and most of the correction factors. But that depends on the map if is 8 or 16 bit.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:52 AM   #27
jony787

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_f. View Post
so if ist cracked, where do i find the map for the exhaust flap system? i would like to take an euro2 software from a 330ci and convert the exhaust flap opening to the 330xi style (closed even at standing still).

iīve compared 330i software with 330xi software (both 430066) and there was a huge number of different maps and values, and i really donīt like to compare a third software with them
It can be done, but i dont see why. My exhaust flap was removed by the past owner so, to be honest i like it that way. I dont think that you use the right maps to compare. If they are from 330i or xi and the same version they should be almost identical. I have a 330xi with euro2 tune, post cat o2 and SAP off, rev limit at 7000rpm and throttle response optimized after 3500rpm and a bunch of other stuff, fuel vanos spark etc plus speed limit at 158mph.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:00 AM   #28
daniel_f.

Congratulations for having such "interesting" things... eu2 tune can easily be done with winkfp, so no big deal. rpm and speed limits arenīt complicated, too. so whats the purpose of your thread, other then sticking out your tongue?

and to be honest, i donīt really care if your flap is removed or not, I WANT the actuation like the allroad version. take yourself a look into different software versions and you will see that there are much differencies (sadly).

Old 05-21-2013, 08:17 AM   #29
jony787

Quote:
Congratulations for having such "interesting" things... eu2 tune can easily be done with winkfp, so no big deal. rpm and speed limits arenīt complicated, too. so whats the purpose of your thread, other then sticking out your tongue?

and to be honest, i donīt really care if your flap is removed or not, I WANT the actuation like the allroad version. take yourself a look into different software versions and you will see that there are much differencies (sadly).
If you know how different they are just go ahead copy the values from one map to the one on your car. The versions are Have differet map locstions. If you compare them side by side they will look different but when you offset you will see what im talking about. Btw you dont have to be mean. If you want help just ask in a nice way.

Last edited by jony787; 05-21-2013 at 08:19 AM.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:29 AM   #30
daniel_f.

as i stated earlier, BOTH have softwareversion 430066! ;-) There are, i guess, ~100 (+/-20) differencies just in those two 64kb files.

and to be honest, i guess i asked almost nice, didnīt i?

Old 05-21-2013, 03:39 PM   #31
phubar

I don't think anybody has asked u the right questions OP or the right way all I see its lot of negative attitude in this thread. I too struggled for months trying to figure out all the info available online and how to manipulate my dme dumps so I definitely understand what u have accomplished and congrats to you, keep up the good work/attitude and ignore the haters.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:51 PM   #32
SK330ci

My Ride: 02 330ci w/ 3 Pedals
Quote:
Originally Posted by phubar View Post
I don't think anybody has asked u the right questions OP or the right way all I see its lot of negative attitude in this thread. I too struggled for months trying to figure out all the info available online and how to manipulate my dme dumps so I definitely understand what u have accomplished and congrats to you, keep up the good work/attitude and ignore the haters.

True, A Lot of Negativity in this thread.

I say let this play out, there may just be a pot of gold (ECU Tuning) at the end of this rainbow.

BIMMERS FOR EVER !
SK330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:17 PM   #33
HakenTT
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 323i with S54
Quote:
Originally Posted by jony787 View Post
Finally after months of research i got all that i need to tune any MS43 dme..
Good morning Columbus. I've done that 5 years ago and posted some posts on this forum. When it comes to MS42 and MS43 I am the master.
HakenTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:39 PM   #34
jony787

Quote:
Originally Posted by HakenTT View Post
Good morning Columbus. I've done that 5 years ago and posted some posts on this forum. When it comes to MS42 and MS43 I am the master.
Good for you. But the difference is that you decide charge for your tunes. Then you were or are affaid to post your findings. Btw your xdf is incomplete so is worthless. Anyhow if you think that you are the master good for you. I can do the same so is not rocket science. You post some incomplete xdf please. Keep charging for your copy and paste. 5 years ago. Like i said before. If you are not cooperating..... Dont post. But if you feel like you have something go ahead.

Last edited by jony787; 05-21-2013 at 06:43 PM.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:46 PM   #35
jony787

Ahh btw i did in 2 months what you did in 5 years. But you said it. You are the master hahaha.
ANY QUESTIONS!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MS43.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	506863  

Last edited by jony787; 05-21-2013 at 07:20 PM.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:30 AM   #36
daniel_f.

Quote:
Ahh btw i did in 2 months what you did in 5 years. But you said it. You are the master hahaha.
ANY QUESTIONS!!!!!!!
So if you donīt charge us, and you donīt tell us your "secrets" (maybe "inspired" from hakentt? who knows...), whats the purpose of this thread?

so far its just

Old 05-22-2013, 09:44 AM   #37
phubar

Quote:
So if you donīt charge us, and you donīt tell us your "secrets" (maybe "inspired" from hakentt? who knows...), whats the purpose of this thread?

so far its just
It takes so much reading and trial and error when u r trying to figure out how to modify bin dumps with no help and from scratch, and u just want it spoon fed to u? If I was the OP i would ignore u just the same or tell u to not be a lazy bum and do some research on your own. OP doesn't have to hold ur hand and tell u exactly what to do step by step, if u had any clue u would know what he has done and u would know what to do to take advantage of what he has to offer...

OP darn u for not figuring it out sooner before I sold my e46! I'm unsubbing from this thread now, too many judgemental whiny little B... good luck to u all.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:18 AM   #38
smooth1

My Ride: BMW FTW
Quote:
ANY QUESTIONS!!!!!!!
That's immature. He said he did it 5 years ago, not that it took him 5 years.

A lot of us have WinOLS, so you're not special. The question is do you actually OWN a copy of WinOLS or do you have a pirated version?
smooth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:24 AM   #39
daniel_f.

what exactly is he offering? canīt find any useful information or anything else. maybe you found it, congratulations

the secrets of ms43 are revealed from hakentt (at least the most important maps are found and if you take the correct softwareversion his xdf is working properly). other then that theres just in this thread.

lastly iīve been told i havenīt asked nicely? come on

Quote:
yeah, is was really impolite

this thread is, by now, bullshit. get yourself the right damos and softwareversion and hooray you find 3x00 maps. nothing else has been showed so far.

and your right, iīm absolutely to lazy to copy each map and value from one to the other and have a ride just to find the exhaustflap map iīd rather program a little attiny to do it for me, but if someone proclames himself to have found everything, it should be almost to easy to tell, shouldnīt it?

Old 05-22-2013, 10:46 AM   #40
phubar

Quote:
Originally Posted by smooth1 View Post
That's immature. He said he did it 5 years ago, not that it took him 5 years.

A lot of us have WinOLS, so you're not special. The question is do you actually OWN a copy of WinOLS or do you have a pirated version?
I don't. I downloaded several pirated copies. Who gives a F?