E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-22-2013, 12:14 PM   #41
jony787

My Ride: 318ti M52tu SWAP
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_f. View Post
share what you have so far and if its better then hakenttīs xdf files i will share virginized ms43 dumps
You know what. People like you are the reason I havent posted anything yet you want all the info available for your own benefits. If you want at least the RPM limiter post your ms43 dumps so i can see your interest and trust me i will start helping you out. If not, well the info is out there, figure it out!!!!!!
jony787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:23 PM   #42
Iceman00

My Ride: E90 6MT
I don't understand what's going on here...
Old 05-22-2013, 12:34 PM   #43
jony787

I have WINOLS full. It came from my HDD lol!!!! And i have every single damos for every single version. I start this post with the best intentions of posting my research. But there are some guys here that have been trying to do the same without any luck and now they are jealous, others found everything apparently 5 years ago and think he is a god or something. Anyway, Thanks for the ones who support this. And HATERS. Keep playing with winkfp.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:47 PM   #44
smooth1

My Ride: BMW FTW
WinKFP? I'll release BMWFlash for MS43 so they don't need winOLS and will simply be able to edit whatever they want in whatever software they want. Someone start a comprehensive MS43 thread like the MSS54 thread they have on m3forum and we'll get this going...
smooth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:00 PM   #45
TerraPhantm

My Ride: 2005 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by jony787 View Post
Keep playing with winkfp.
You know you can use WinKFP to flash a custom file right? Not that hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smooth1 View Post
WinKFP? I'll release BMWFlash for MS43 so they don't need winOLS and will simply be able to edit whatever they want in whatever software they want. Someone start a comprehensive MS43 thread like the MSS54 thread they have on m3forum and we'll get this going...
Would be very helpful for the non-M crowd, especially if it corrects checksums like the MSS54 version (though my understanding is that the MS43 checksum is somewhat complicated...)
TerraPhantm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:18 PM   #46
HakenTT
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 323i with S54
Quote:
I have WINOLS full. It came from my HDD lol!!!! And i have every single damos for every single version. I start this post with the best intentions of posting my research. But there are some guys here that have been trying to do the same without any luck and now they are jealous, others found everything apparently 5 years ago and think he is a god or something. Anyway, Thanks for the ones who support this. And HATERS. Keep playing with winkfp.
Your title of the thread is : MS43 breakthrough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what breakthrough did you reach? other than just using winols with MS43 damos that is available on internet sense 7 years ago.
HakenTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:26 PM   #47
jony787

Quote:
Originally Posted by HakenTT View Post
Your title of the thread is : MS43 breakthrough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what breakthrough did you reach? other than just using winols with MS43 damos that is available on internet sense 7 years ago.
Dont be afraid!!! Im not posting anything yet. Apparently you need the cash!! Hahaha then people say that im selfish yeah right.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:58 PM   #48
new//M3fan

My Ride: 77' 924 87' E30
Quote:
Im not here to argue with you. If you dont have any important coments just leave the forum. I went to the dyno and tune using my judgement and its posted how I did it. Tuning its not hard. Keep working on your M3 and let us the non-M owners have fun in here.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:19 AM   #49
Iceman00

Quote:
Dont be afraid!!! Im not posting anything yet. Apparently you need the cash!! Hahaha then people say that im selfish yeah right.
I like what you are doing, but question - doesn't the ecu have a limit on the amount of times it can be flashed?
Old 05-23-2013, 07:07 AM   #50
jony787

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman00 View Post
I like what you are doing, but question - doesn't the ecu have a limit on the amount of times it can be flashed?
If you program with winkfp you can disable UIF and this counter will stop. Updating with winkfp DO NOT reset flash counter. If you're playing a lot with winkfp even with disabled UIF you WILL get ECU lock. Flashing with winkfp is not needed unless you have a reason for it. Any other questions feel free to ask.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:24 AM   #51
TerraPhantm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman00 View Post
Mss52/4 has a limit (not sure if it's deliberate or a bug in the flashing code). Not aware of such a limit in the MS43, assuming you don't use up the AIF slots
Old 05-24-2013, 05:54 AM   #52
daniel_f.

My Ride: 330iCA
Quote:
You know what. People like you are the reason I havent posted anything yet you want all the info available for your own benefits. If you want at least the RPM limiter post your ms43 dumps so i can see your interest and trust me i will start helping you out. If not, well the info is out there, figure it out!!!!!!

Sorry, i can adjust many things myself (Big Thanks to HakenTT )

I am in the nice situation to have any kind of softwareversion virginized so you can remove the 29F400, flash a brandnew software (which version ever you want), plug it right into the socket, align EWS and so it works with the xdf files flying around and also with the damos files.

Last edited by daniel_f.; 05-24-2013 at 05:55 AM.
daniel_f. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:10 AM   #53
TerraPhantm

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_f. View Post

Sorry, i can adjust many things myself (Big Thanks to HakenTT )

I am in the nice situation to have any kind of softwareversion virginized so you can remove the 29F400, flash a brandnew software (which version ever you want), plug it right into the socket, align EWS and so it works with the xdf files flying around and also with the damos files.
To virginize all you have to do is clear the ISN and AIF data, no? I don't remember the exact locations off the top of my head, but I believe it starts somewhere around 3d00 or so
Old 05-24-2013, 10:23 AM   #54
TerraPhantm

Here's a link to the A2L and corresponding dump that I have. I'm sure it's the same one that others here have. But hopefully should be a nice starting point to those of you who want to start tuning yourselves

http://sharesend.com/v58359pb
Old 05-25-2013, 08:21 AM   #55
NickG

My Ride: 2001 330ci turbo
Quote:
Anyone with a supercharger or turbo tune that colaborates with the treat will have free tunes and tune adjustments. Also you will receive stock tune in case you wanna ho back to factory. Like i said, if you want to try one of my tunes let me know. I have dynoed tune for m54b25. My 330xi is tuned but there is no awd dyno near me. If you want to cooperate send me your .bin. I will modify it and send it to you. Try it and post your opinion here. If there is something that you think needs more or less adjustment i will correct it. Also you will have a stock bin in the case you want to go stock in the future.
Now that's classy!! Asking people to send you software developed by a company so you can copy it. FYI, that's called THEFT.

I know you've contacted my customers for their turbo tunes, as they've already told me. Let me give you a news flash, what you're doing is a prosecutable offense, and myself and other hard working companies don't take it lightly. You want to figure out MS43 and do your own tunes, be my guest and have lots of fun with it. But the instant you copy somebody else's hard work just to 'get ahead' makes you a thief. And if my work is involved in it, you won't like where you'll end up.

I suggest anybody working with the OP rethink their position if they really want to be associated with somebody like him (and the ramafications of it).

Last edited by NickG; 05-25-2013 at 08:22 AM.
NickG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:59 AM   #56
Iceman00

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickG View Post
Now that's classy!! Asking people to send you software developed by a company so you can copy it. FYI, that's called THEFT.

I know you've contacted my customers for their turbo tunes, as they've already told me. Let me give you a news flash, what you're doing is a prosecutable offense, and myself and other hard working companies don't take it lightly. You want to figure out MS43 and do your own tunes, be my guest and have lots of fun with it. But the instant you copy somebody else's hard work just to 'get ahead' makes you a thief. And if my work is involved in it, you won't like where you'll end up.

I suggest anybody working with the OP rethink their position if they really want to be associated with somebody like him (and the ramafications of it).
So is he stealing Tunes and reworking them? I'm sorry, I don't understand what's going on here - I thought this was open source tuning?
Old 05-25-2013, 12:17 PM   #57
TerraPhantm

My understanding is that OP "figured out" a few locations and did some basic tuning. But wants other tuned files as a basis for advancing his knowledge. On top of that, he's refusing to share any of his information in the thread.

Last edited by TerraPhantm; 05-25-2013 at 12:39 PM.
Old 05-25-2013, 03:52 PM   #58
phubar

My Ride: 335is, HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickG View Post

STFU I paid $800 for my tuned file from AA and I'll do whatever I want with it. I didn't sign one piece of paper or agree to any disclaimers regarding my ability to distribute it as I see fit, as far as I'm concerned that file is mine.

Because of people like you every community effort on any of the e46 dme's always gets nowhere, you people always swoop in and start accusing and/or attacking anybody that dares come close to making tuning the e46 easy. Same reason why sharkedit was never released, the profits are just too good. You people are the thieves charging $800 to change a couple of bites in a file...

I can't blame the OP for not sharing anything, he was attacked from the get go, at this point anybody that wants to collaborate with the OP is probably doing it so via PMs and staying out of this high school drama.
phubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 03:56 PM   #59
daniel_f.

My Ride: 330iCA

Last edited by daniel_f.; 05-25-2013 at 04:03 PM. Reason: found it
daniel_f. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:59 PM   #60
TerraPhantm

Quote:
Originally Posted by phubar View Post
STFU I paid $800 for my tuned file from AA and I'll do whatever I want with it. I didn't sign one piece of paper or agree to any disclaimers regarding my ability to distribute it as I see fit, as far as I'm concerned that file is mine.

Because of people like you every community effort on any of the e46 dme's always gets nowhere, you people always swoop in and start accusing and/or attacking anybody that dares come close to making tuning the e46 easy. Same reason why sharkedit was never released, the profits are just too good. You people are the thieves charging $800 to change a couple of bites in a file...

I can't blame the OP for not sharing anything, he was attacked from the get go, at this point anybody that wants to collaborate with the OP is probably doing it so via PMs and staying out of this high school drama.
NickG's software likely goes beyond a "few bytes" based on what he does on stock DMEs. I wouldn't be surprised if he changes enough code to secure legal protection.

With other tuners, yeah, perhaps there isn't anything they can legally do. But what will you accomplish by sharing your AA tune? Simply having the files doesn't bring you any closer to understanding the tune yourself.

The only thing holding back the community at this point is the community itself. It's not that hard to dump your software. At least one DAMOS exists for the MS43. That should be enough to at least get your feet wet