E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-28-2013, 09:10 PM   #61
jony787

My Ride: 318ti M52tu SWAP
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickG View Post
Now that's classy!! Asking people to send you software developed by a company so you can copy it. FYI, that's called THEFT.

I know you've contacted my customers for their turbo tunes, as they've already told me. Let me give you a news flash, what you're doing is a prosecutable offense, and myself and other hard working companies don't take it lightly. You want to figure out MS43 and do your own tunes, be my guest and have lots of fun with it. But the instant you copy somebody else's hard work just to 'get ahead' makes you a thief. And if my work is involved in it, you won't like where you'll end up.

I suggest anybody working with the OP rethink their position if they really want to be associated with somebody like him (and the ramafications of it).
I can contact who ever i want. If your work is involved is not because of me. Im not making any copy of other tuners work. Dont get scared. Let me give you a news flash, In the US it is a Federal offense to remove or modifying any part of the emissions system! If you are caught, you could face as much as $10,000 in fines. You offer a service of DME tuning,you are not the owner of whatever is inside that DME, actually BMW is. Im not wasting my time with you. Stop THREATING people. Gentlemen that is your SUPER tuner right there. You know what. you just motivate me............................
BTW your tune is useless with the right MAF and the right harness with the right resistor with the right maf transfer function. Am I right????. Man this was a matter of time. Not today, not know but soon someone will post modified tunes and there is nothing you can do about it and you know it. IT WILL HAPPEN but it will not be me........

Last edited by jony787; 05-28-2013 at 09:56 PM.
jony787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:06 AM   #62
HakenTT

My Ride: 323i with S54
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickG View Post
. Let me give you a news flash, what you're doing is a prosecutable offense, and myself and other hard working companies don't take it lightly. ).
NickG committed software theft. This means that he uses BMW software and makes his own calibrations and then sells this software for high profit. NickG actually fed his family ripping BMW copyrighted software.

Last edited by HakenTT; 05-29-2013 at 02:09 AM.
HakenTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:58 PM   #63
jony787

Map Pack created for S/W 430066. There is more from where that came from. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pm for details

Last edited by jony787; 06-02-2013 at 02:05 PM.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:11 AM   #64
daniel_f.

My Ride: 330iCA
Thank you, Sir.

So in addition to your response, this thread could have started so much better , i will do something good and upload a few tuned files i collected in the last days

daniel_f. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:37 AM   #65
new//M3fan

My Ride: 78' 924 87' E30
Quote:
Originally Posted by jony787 View Post
Finally after months of research i got all that i need to tune any MS43 dme. Two days ago I went tho the dyno to tune a 325i. This car has no modifications. The car enter to the dyno with 168whp and left with 182whp. If anyone is interested please let me know. My plan is to help all those enthusiasts and give something back to the forum. I'm able to adjust....
RPM Limits,Injector size,Speed limit,Throttle Response!!!!!!,Fuel maps,Ignition maps,VANOS intake and exhaust and more.
Looking at your dyno graph you car seems to be misfiring and or the VANOS may be lazy on your car.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:05 PM   #66
redbull 325is

My Ride: 325xit/6
Send a message via AIM to redbull 325is
OP,
Depending how far you are from charlotte, I might need your help when I complete my b30 swap in my 325xi. I already have several tuned 330i files and a donor 330i ecu. Let me know!
Old 06-09-2013, 06:47 PM   #67
always-there

My Ride: 2002 BMW 330I
MS43 breakthrough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
I can contact who ever i want. If your work is involved is not because of me. Im not making any copy of other tuners work. Dont get scared. Let me give you a news flash, In the US it is a Federal offense to remove or modifying any part of the emissions system! If you are caught, you could face as much as $10,000 in fines. You offer a service of DME tuning,you are not the owner of whatever is inside that DME, actually BMW is. Im not wasting my time with you. Stop THREATING people. Gentlemen that is your SUPER tuner right there. You know what. you just motivate me............................
BTW your tune is useless with the right MAF and the right harness with the right resistor with the right maf transfer function. Am I right????. Man this was a matter of time. Not today, not know but soon someone will post modified tunes and there is nothing you can do about it and you know it. IT WILL HAPPEN but it will not be me........
Pinky and the brain

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
always-there is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:05 PM   #68
jony787

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull 325is View Post
OP,
Depending how far you are from charlotte, I might need your help when I complete my b30 swap in my 325xi. I already have several tuned 330i files and a donor 330i ecu. Let me know!
Im on jacksonville!!!! Oorah!!!! Pm me

Old 06-16-2013, 03:32 AM   #69
daniel_f.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_f. View Post
so if ist cracked, where do i find the map for the exhaust flap system? i would like to take an euro2 software from a 330ci and convert the exhaust flap opening to the 330xi style (closed even at standing still).

iīve compared 330i software with 330xi software (both 430066) and there was a huge number of different maps and values, and i really donīt like to compare a third software with them
still gathering around with the MIL lamp and i took the lazy manīs way:

i simlpy converted the EU4 Software from a 330Xi to EU2

Exhaustflap is still working at standing still and the MIL is deactivated, perfect for my deleted second-lambdas

Old 06-21-2013, 03:01 PM   #70
indoafro

My Ride: 325ci
i really interesting with this..anyone can direct me to do this ?
indoafro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:14 PM   #71
daniel_f.

any progress? iīve been told that it should be possible to use an elm327 and tunerpro rt to live-read data from the dme. so iīll convert one of my spare dmeīs to 430055 and try hakenttīs xdf for it. if it really works, we should build a good xdf for 430066

Old 07-29-2013, 02:42 PM   #72
NumbaOneNewb

My Ride: 2001 bmw 330ci
Jesus bmw Christ guys. So this is how this thread ends? Another dead end. Why do people keep teasing us ms43 folks?
Portland Metro: ECU updates, Euro tune, euro corner delete, air bag light, DSC light, cluster and any led color change, soldering work, transponders for keys, and all custom work related to computer or electronics.DIY AK90 A walk through on coding your mcu and transponders EWS3 How to make your own key (ak90 review)
NumbaOneNewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:53 PM   #73
willsbma

My Ride: 99 323i
Totally illegal for anyone to touch a bmw tune/file. Strictly copyrighted and certified for road-use by the EPA. Tuners are the first to break the law, we try and they cry foul? Good job. If they keep playing hardball we can always inform the authorities that copyrighted work has be infringed. Maybe then they won't come here and break our balls. This thread is pissing me off just listening to the drivel

I have P.A. Soft and a 20-pin adapter. Only used it a few times but pm me if you need anything coded!
willsbma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:06 PM   #74
TerraPhantm

My Ride: 2005 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by willsbma View Post
Totally illegal for anyone to touch a bmw tune/file. Strictly copyrighted and certified for road-use by the EPA. Tuners are the first to break the law, we try and they cry foul? Good job. If they keep playing hardball we can always inform the authorities that copyrighted work has be infringed. Maybe then they won't come here and break our balls. This thread is pissing me off just listening to the drivel
Assuming the stock software is actually copyrighted (have not come across any copyright symbols anywhere on the DME, and you don't have to sign any license agreement when buying the car), I don't think modifying it is illegal from a copyright point of view. If you don't have to break through any DRM schemes, it is legal to dump tunes for backup puposes. And I think modifying your own ECU is legal; it's redistribution that's the problem (and most if not all tunes modify the existing software on an ECU).

As far as the EPA is concerned, I'm pretty sure it's okay to modify tunes if the emissions stuff remains intact. California rules are different.

Nonetheless, it's nowhere near is black and white as you say. If it was, there would be a lot of companies out of business right now. It's far too common to not have received any attention from the EPA
Old 08-02-2013, 10:27 PM   #75
jony787

Back to business. Anyone know about a known good 29f400 programmer.????? I have something in mind!!!!!!!!!! You guys will like it.

Old 08-02-2013, 10:53 PM   #76
TerraPhantm

Quote:
Back to business. Anyone know about a known good 29f400 programmer.????? I have something in mind!!!!!!!!!! You guys will like it.

http://www.mcumall.com/comersus/stor...idProduct=4545
Old 08-03-2013, 12:54 AM   #77
daniel_f.

https://www.sivava.com/buynow.php?pd=A051

Just need the correct adapter:

https://www.sivava.com/buynow.php?pd=B15

Old 08-03-2013, 01:42 AM   #78
TerraPhantm

Eh, for the extra 60 bux, I think it's worth getting a USB programmer that doesn't require messing around with jumper and DIP switches. Faster too
Old 08-03-2013, 07:14 AM   #79
daniel_f.

maybe.

iīm using the willem without any problems

Old 08-03-2013, 02:22 PM   #80
HakenTT

My Ride: 323i with S54
what is a good china flash tool for MS45.1?
HakenTT is offline   Reply With Quote