E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-16-2013, 06:27 PM   #21
Saad @ Saad Racing
Sponsor

My Ride: S600
That is correct, we use Bosch 044, and they are not in line they run in parallel. So you get the maximum flow. HPF may have told you they could not get our fuel system, but that was not true. I have them on the shelf. Let me know if we can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imapimp View Post
Might not be I think his uses the bosch 044 pumps. Not sure because when it was at HPF I was under impression it was because they were waiting on SAAD to get that to me for weeks. But it doesn't look like Tom's.

Yeah man. There is that airstrip race on June 2nd highly doubt I will make it but we will see what we can pull together.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Saad-...ref=ts&fref=ts

If you can't run with the big Dawgs, stay on the porch!
Saad @ Saad Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:40 PM   #22
MarcusLSB

My Ride: BMW's
I could have sworn you had the Saad fuel system imapimp, maybe I'm thinking of Ray's car?

youtube.com/marcuslsb -- Check out photography by Gheybe!

New Build by Lab22

MarcusLSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:42 PM   #23
Commanderwiggin

My Ride: 900rwhp Turbo M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusLSB View Post
I could have sworn you had the Saad fuel system imapimp, maybe I'm thinking of Ray's car?
Rays car and Imapimp apparently have the same setup...just going by a the quote of a retard who used to own hpf though...probably wrong.

Regardless...a picture will solve all of this squabble.

Imapimp pics please!
Old 05-16-2013, 08:15 PM   #24
imapimp

My Ride: 2002.5 AV6 6MT 04M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
Rays car and Imapimp apparently have the same setup...just going by a the quote of a retard who used to own hpf though...probably wrong.

Regardless...a picture will solve all of this squabble.

Imapimp pics please!
Here are the only two pics I have on phone...have tons more but these should do.

imapimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:28 PM   #25
Commanderwiggin

Not a Saad setup that's for sure.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:39 PM   #26
imapimp

yep, but a retard told me it was Saad too....I should have listed all the **** I went through on the forums. But tried to keep quiet to work something out but impossible with a person that has no integrity and obsessed about himself.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:39 PM   #27
James @ Saad Racing
Sponsor

That is HPF kit for sure, and you were correct, they are inline. Get that off your car or you will lose another engine.

Quote:
Here are the only two pics I have on phone...have tons more but these should do.

James @ Saad Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:44 PM   #28
MarcusLSB

Nevermind. I was wrong.

New Build by Lab22

Last edited by MarcusLSB; 05-16-2013 at 08:52 PM.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:45 PM   #29
Commanderwiggin

Quote:
yep, but a retard told me it was Saad too....I should have listed all the **** I went through on the forums. But tried to keep quiet to work something out but impossible with a person that has no integrity and obsessed about himself.
Yup sucks Tony...I'll post some pics of my fuel system next week when I get back to my car...I would highly recommend it over the Saad setup.

James nice seeing you in this thread...Tony I'm sure James has more of a focus on helping you solve your issue he is a great guy.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:54 PM   #30
dan avoN7

My Ride: A car
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusLSB View Post
That looks like a red fuel lab filter up front and a bosch in the middle.. I swear the walboro's are not that fat. I could be wrong though.
It's definitely a Walbro pump, an external one though. The one you posted a picture of with the Bosch 044 is the internal Walbro pump. Also the red piece looks like an Aeromotive fuel filter to me, don't think I see any electrical leads/wires going to it.

Last edited by dan avoN7; 05-16-2013 at 08:54 PM.
dan avoN7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:55 PM   #31
MarcusLSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan avoN7 View Post
It's definitely a Walbro pump, an external one though. The one you posted a picture of with the Bosch 044 is the internal Walbro pump. Also the red piece looks like an Aeromotive fuel filter to me, don't think I see any electrical leads/wires going to it.
You were right, I looked closer and edited my original post.

New Build by Lab22

Old 05-20-2013, 08:41 PM   #32
thesull

My Ride: e46
My car is somewhat doing the same thing. It seems like it is getting starved for fuel in high RPMs. I can daily it and drive it all I want but 6k it sputters at times.
thesull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:04 AM   #33
Providence

My Ride: HPF Stage 3 m3
Send a message via MSN to Providence
Walbros tend to die in a few years Also the engine starting late is also due to hpf fuel system I am runin 2x044 with radium fst atm and all is fine. Will post some pics of my setup soon.
Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:17 AM   #34
Rockyminator

My Ride: HPF Stage 2.5 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesull View Post
My car is somewhat doing the same thing. It seems like it is getting starved for fuel in high RPMs. I can daily it and drive it all I want but 6k it sputters at times.
My car recently started having this same exact problem. Is the fuel pressure dropping due to faulty fuel system and hpf failsafe kicking in? Would my car be running lean if the fuel pressure drops? It sputters past 6k just like the above post sometimes.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:28 AM   #35
Providence

My Ride: HPF Stage 3 m3
Send a message via MSN to Providence
Hpf fuel system is useless once u r @ 1/2 of the tank .
Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:01 AM   #36
Saad @ Saad Racing
Sponsor

The HPF fuel system has many things wrong with it.
1. The pickup in the tank is a -3 made of plastic and it can move! We use mandrel bent stainless steel and it -8!

2. HPF uses rubber fuel lines that are not compatible with E85 and 90 degree fitting that will not flow for heavy use. Again we use mandrel bent stainless steel and teflon braided steel lines for compatibility with all fuels. NO 90 degree fitting, all smooth radias turns for maximum flow.

3. They use a regular filter, we use a E85 glass filter.

4. There pumps are inline, ours run in parallel for more flow.

5. The wire to the HPF pumps are very fine and can not maintan good current supply. Ours are much heavier.

6. Walbro pumps do not perform well under high PSI, we use Bosch 044, they have very little flow drop at high PSI.

I can keep going but you are getting the picture, you get what you pay for, this is the best fuel system you can put on a M3. Not because its mine, but because we built it sparing no expense and to be the best.

Last point I would like to make. For the people considering putting a "surge tank" fuel system in a street car, don't do it. You are removing fuel from your fuel tank and placing it in a tank in your car, how much sense does that make, if you get into an accident and the tank or line ruptures you could be burned alive. Buile the fuel system right and leave the fuel where it belongs, in the fuel tank

Old 05-21-2013, 11:14 AM   #37
FragNasty

My Ride: Car
I'm no expert but the idea of putting multiple pumps in series says, "We added another pump to fix a fuel pressure problem". A trial and error, fix it so it works approach.

When you design a system from the ground up, you know what the specs of your project are and engineer a solution with an appropriate margin. A parallel pump layout is a good indication that an engineering approach has been take, the capacity of each unit is added provides until final specifications are met.

Obviously if care is taken to optimise aspect of the system, like mandrel bends, corrosion resistance, as well as a properly designed electrical circuits you have a system build to more demanding specification.

There is no reason why a "surge tank" cannot be part of the final design, even in a street car. It's absurd to suggest it shouldn't be done.
FragNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:37 AM   #38
Saad @ Saad Racing
Sponsor

In my opinion its always safety first. To put a surge tank full of gasoline in your trunk, in the M3 that would put it in the passenger compartment, is not safe in a street car. If you are rear ended and the tank or line ruptures the fuel is now in the car with you. In the factory set up, if it ruptures, its outside of the car. This could be the difference of you getting out or not. Not worth it to me for a street car. Everyone can make there own decision. Plus you loose storage space

Quote:
Originally Posted by FragNasty View Post
I'm no expert but the idea of putting multiple pumps in series says, "We added another pump to fix a fuel pressure problem". A trial and error, fix it so it works approach.

When you design a system from the ground up, you know what the specs of your project are and engineer a solution with an appropriate margin. A parallel pump layout is a good indication that an engineering approach has been take, the capacity of each unit is added provides until final specifications are met.

Obviously if care is taken to optimise aspect of the system, like mandrel bends, corrosion resistance, as well as a properly designed electrical circuits you have a system build to more demanding specification.

There is no reason why a "surge tank" cannot be part of the final design, even in a street car. It's absurd to suggest it shouldn't be done.

Old 05-21-2013, 12:11 PM   #39
imapimp

This may be obvious but under the plastic under tray/whatever its called...there is another walbro 255lph inline pump. So wouldn't that be a parallel set-up?

What are the factors that make a parallel set-up if this is not?

The lines don't look like rubber either. This fuel system is different then a normal HPF fuel system.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:32 PM   #40
Saad @ Saad Racing
Sponsor

No, that is a HPF fuel system. When you see the braided line it has a rubber liner, that is why I said rubber line. Notice all the 90 degree fittings. Where I said it has a -3 pickup, that is the size of a drinking straw.

Quote:

This may be obvious but under the plastic under tray/whatever its called...there is another walbro 255lph inline pump. So wouldn't that be a parallel set-up?

What are the factors that make a parallel set-up if this is not?

The lines don't look like rubber either. This fuel system is different then a normal HPF fuel system.