E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-17-2013, 03:18 PM   #1
Moosecakes

My Ride: 02' SMG M3
Tiag ///M3 SMG build

Hey everyone, I finally got a chance to buy my dream car! Picked her up yesterday and already put 200 miles on her! I got the car for a great deal, it's Tiag silver, dove grey interior, 107k miles and clean titled. There are tons of little extras here and there, but I seem to lack a cd changer.... It's a 2002 for **** sakes lol. Did I miss something?

Anyway I love the car and I love the SMG trans! It's so fun, rev matched downshifts mmmm. So on to some pics. This is gonna be a slow build as I am a full time college student and have my wife to buy **** for too haha. Thanks for checking it out.

I also thing the car has some sort of aftermarket suspension on it, be it springs or coils im not sure but it rides amazing and handles like it's on coils. I'm going to check underneath more tomorrow. I'm going to get some more pics of everything else tomorrow too.

Finding small random nice surprises, tri stitch steering wheel, OEM roadside assist tire pump, and a couple of other things I can't remember right away..

Hope you guys like it. I will be picking up a CSL one piece lip rep here soon and take care of that gnarly scuffed corner.
Moosecakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:07 PM   #2
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
congrats!
i'm not sure if it has coil-overs but it does have an aftermarket exhaust. from those dual oval tips it's looks a lot like the Supersprint.

as for the front bumper damage it may need a replacement side bumper bracket. it appears to be way off in it's fitment now, that's often a sign the plastic bracket broke.
the one piece CSL front bumper lips don't wrap that far around. so you may still have some of that damage show.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:11 PM   #3
Moosecakes

Yea I have to look, it's definitely not stock height I'm sure of that, and cool! I was thinking it was an old borla model, if it's an SS that's sweet!

and yea, I noticed the bumper too, i'll order a new bracket here when I recover for the purchase lol. Going to get a SPAL fan and loose the stock fan clutch unit since I have a broken blade it seems. Thanks for the heads up on the lip too, I'll just repair it then and shave the little screw holes left by the front plate that was on there for some god awful reason lol.

I'll report on what I find as far as little extras and if there is some sort of suspension.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:15 PM   #4
eson

My Ride: E46 M3, Porsche 911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex323Ci View Post
but it does have an aftermarket exhaust. from those dual oval tips it's looks a lot like the Supersprint.
Does not look like SuperSprint. Looks like AC Schnitzer.
eson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:32 PM   #5
BringsMeWomen

My Ride: 2001 330ci
Tiag ///M3 SMG build

Yup its looks forsure like an AC Schnitzer. Thats a pretty sweet exhaust and cant wait to see the progress of the ///M

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
BringsMeWomen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:57 PM   #6
Moosecakes

Thanks for the info guys! It sounds okay... not loud enough for me though. I just looked at pics, my exhaust tips do not have the area inside filled with the two straight exits. Mine is 100% oval and open.. If it is ACS What are they worth??

I'll keep it updated as I go along!

Edit: I think i have a borla by looking at this pic..

versus the ACS tips

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-15...oval-tips.aspx
so $1120 retail, sweet. I want something louder!

Last edited by Moosecakes; 05-17-2013 at 07:03 PM.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:24 PM   #7
djnekkon

My Ride: MB3ci & z33 HR
congrats

djnekkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:04 PM   #8
Moosecakes

Thank you! I've wanted one for so long it's exciting to finally have it!
Old 05-17-2013, 11:15 PM   #9
BBBoy323i
All show no go!

My Ride: 2000 323i Black/Gray
Congrats, check out my college thread got some nice rides in there
Old 05-17-2013, 11:35 PM   #10
Moosecakes

Thanks man I'll check it out for sure
Old 05-18-2013, 04:15 PM   #11
Alex323Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by eson View Post
Does not look like SuperSprint. Looks like AC Schnitzer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringsMeWomen View Post
Yup its looks forsure like an AC Schnitzer. Thats a pretty sweet exhaust and cant wait to see the progress of the ///M
ACS for the E46 uses their "Infinity 8" type of tips.

and here is the Supersprint dual Oval tips, notice the slanted face of the oval tips
Old 05-18-2013, 05:07 PM   #12
Moosecakes

Well, I am positive it isnt an SS setup, im 99.9% sure it's the borla I posted up. But thanks for all the help guys! I definitely want to trade it or change the tips... I need something louder haha.

anyway, here are a couple inside pics I snapped today. Not a fan of the grey but EVERYONE who has seen it loves it, I just cant figure out why lol... It'll eventually be dyed to a good color and the front seats will go in place of recaro or status buckets! Enjoy

I'm always amazed at how good my iphone 5 camera is lol.

Wooo Tri-stitched wheel!! Going to take a magic eraser to it and clean it up, and wrap the lower trim in carbon vinyl

factory nav Need to update to v32 and figure out a way to not pay 200$ for a damn map cd lol. Also don't worry that trim will get fixed soon. I haven't quite decided what I want to do.. I may spray it matte black and let my sister do some marker art on them. (Think sharpie lambo)

Alum. SMG extended paddles are also coming as soon as I recover lol.. But I love the car, the SMG is just way to much fun, s5 downshifts

thanks for looking and helping me identify parts!

Also if anyone has a tip for "cheapest" way l can go about doing an Aux hookup. I did some searching and found a few things about it but nothing definitive. I really wish I just had a damn 6 disk changer lol..

Tires are priority number 1 though, going to snag some 265/35's and replace my scary bald rears asap. It tracks SOOOO BAD lol..

Last edited by Moosecakes; 05-18-2013 at 05:10 PM.
Old 05-18-2013, 05:16 PM   #13
Moosecakes

oh also, I checked and the springs look OEM??? I can't see the rear spring that well but it looks much "blacker" than the front. I know for a fact the struts are not aftermarket.. I'm confused. My car definitely sits lower than a stock M.. ideas?
Old 05-19-2013, 06:00 PM   #14
Alex323Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosecakes View Post
looking at it from this angle it doesn't look low to me.

be careful with MagicEraser, it removes the top layer of leather and it's sealer. may look good at first but it's known to cause more damage later.

surprised to hear you find the Borla muffler not loud enough. it's one of the louder ones on the market. but their are louder ones for sure out there.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:10 PM   #15
Moosecakes

My wife and I were sitting in the parking lot this morning debating if it was lowered or not lmao. Idk, it feels and rides absolutely amazing like no stock suspension i've ever felt, I guess BMW wasn't fking around when they said "the ultimate driving machine"

Ohh yikes, thank you for the heads up on the steering wheel, what would you suggest for cleaning it? I'm pretty competent at detailing but leather has only been in this car and my old 330ci and I do not know much about it other than the basics of how to take care of it.

You know, it is pretty loud, and has a great sound especially up top past 4k It's just not quite the sound I have in mind. I'm going to get some headers though, and see how that sounds before I go changing mufflers and 1/2 sections.

Thank you guys for all the tips and support, I like it here better than M3f lol.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:42 PM   #16
Moosecakes

New rear tires ordered, going a size up to 265/35's. Nothing fancy just federals for now since I'm dead broke and driving on chords is not cool.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:46 PM   #17
kwlaznkid

My Ride: 335i/M3/CLK500
Send a message via AIM to kwlaznkid Send a message via Yahoo to kwlaznkid
stock suspension, looks like acs muffler to me but if you're sure it's borla it probably is lol, congrats on the new ride

Need angel eyes or any lighting stuff installed in OC? PM me, cheapest around, I promise
BMW E92 328I BMW E46 M3 Mercedes Benz CLK500
BMW E92 335I (SOLD)
Porsche 996 911 C2 (SOLD)
BMW E46 325Ci (TOTALED)
kwlaznkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:08 PM   #18
Moosecakes

Thanks man! haha I'm not to concerned at this point with the muffler, I'm just curious at this point it's value to me in a trade or to sell and replace with something else. ideas?
Old 06-04-2013, 09:18 PM   #19
Moosecakes

Updates, well not really but pics and yada yada.

Finally got my new tires, 265/35's in the back, fronts are still the ones that came on the car. Get them all taken care of, and trying to figure out a battery drain.. pretty sure I have a **** battery. But I threw 2 codes, secondary bank secondary o2 fault, and p1717 smg code. Car runs just fine though, shifts are normal, mpg is normal so I am thinking my battery's dead cell is causing low voltage on startup and pissing sensors off.

Regardless I will order a bosch o2 sensor and 2 SMG relays, one to replace and one to keep as a spare since that causes a lot of issues with the SMG cars it seems. I have also put together my "next 100k maint list" to start putting some money aside for and have the car in tip top mechanical shape by the end of the year, or before next years M Fest.

Maintenance
- Valve Adjustment Kit (valve cover gasket set)
- Mann oil filter
- Liquid Moli 10w60 oil
- ECS Magnetic drain plug
- Bosch O2 sensor
- SMG relay x2
- Vanos Filter change kit
- Besian vanos plate
- Aux Fan Switch
- Conti. AC belt
- Conti. Alt/PS belt
- Mann Air Filter
- Expansion Tank
- CPV
- Crank case vent hose
- Mann Fuel Filter
- ECS Ignition service
- OEM Thermostat
- Thermostat oring
- Temp. Sender
- Water Pump
- Water Pump Oring x5

The previous owner had some maint. already completed, new alternator, starter, primary o2's, and I believe the timing tensioner setup.. I may replace this but I'm not sure yet.

If anyone can please add to my list of things you think should be addressed that I missed that would be great!

I'll be addressing all mechanical and maint. (bushings are considered mods for me, all bushings will be upgraded to solid and delrin) before moving to any sort of mods with the exception of upgrading my HK and nav unit to a dual din touch screen, amp and speakers setup.

Anyway, when I was down visiting my parents and having my dad help my weird battery issue I also had him pinstrip my front grill with the M stripe colors, I know the middle is purple, didn't have a dark blue but I have seen it with purple before in the tri stitch wheels so chose that instead. I really like it! and it's free lol. I also gave the car a quick wash and basic wax. Unfortunately I did not have time to do a full detail and I'm out of a few products.

Here are a couple pics from this afternoon.

And it is lowered! I knew it was haha, there are eibach springs up under there I found when I was checking my subframe while the tires we're being mounted. and these cars should have had 265's from the factory in the back, looks much better! Please forgive the scuffed and slouching bumper, I didn't do it
Old 06-05-2013, 04:55 AM   #20
3SERBMW

My Ride: 3 SERIES
Congrats. Love the M3!
3SERBMW is offline   Reply With Quote