E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-05-2013, 04:59 AM   #21
Moosecakes

My Ride: 02' SMG M3
Thanks man, been a dream car for like 3 years now, found this deal and couldn't pass it up!
Old 06-05-2013, 02:18 PM   #22
kwlaznkid

My Ride: 335i/M3/CLK500
Send a message via AIM to kwlaznkid Send a message via Yahoo to kwlaznkid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosecakes View Post
Thanks man! haha I'm not to concerned at this point with the muffler, I'm just curious at this point it's value to me in a trade or to sell and replace with something else. ideas?

I had borla on my m3, sounded good but too quiet, then I got an agency power , AMAZING had it on my car for 3 years then sold the car with it, honestly one of the main things I miss about my m3 is that muffler. it's loud with barley any rasp

edit

I meant drone, not rasp, there is rasp which I love

Need angel eyes or any lighting stuff installed in OC? PM me, cheapest around, I promise
BMW E92 328I BMW E46 M3 Mercedes Benz CLK500
BMW E92 335I (SOLD)
Porsche 996 911 C2 (SOLD)
BMW E46 325Ci (TOTALED)

Last edited by kwlaznkid; 06-13-2013 at 11:57 AM.
kwlaznkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:37 PM   #23
Moosecakes

The borla sounds good I agree, It just isn't the sound I imagine when I smash the throttle down lol. I actually LOVE the rasp of these motors and don't want to affect it in anyway.

My exhaust setup I'm thinking of is headers, no cats, resonators and that's it, I'll custom build most of it once I get more settled with school and **** starting up and catching up on some bills. If it sounds like crap I'll probably put an ar20 in somewhere since that seems to be the most popular addition to loud exhaust in quieting them down a bit. If anyone has suggestions let me know for sure!
Old 06-06-2013, 11:03 PM   #24
Moosecakes

Blah, I hate stop and go traffic and 90* weather.. smg cog came on today nearing home, no issues wasn't dropping gear or shifting badly, I'll do the 3.3k ohm resistor trick when I swap out my o2 sensor here soon.

Is the OEM fluid the choice of SMG owners or has another fluid come to light that's better, for some reason I remember reading that the Ch11 or whatever it was isn't favored... but I could be mistaken
Old 06-09-2013, 02:02 AM   #25
Moosecakes

Well, driving home tonight my CEL's went away. So that's cool I guess? Still going to replace my SMG relay at the very least and do the resistor mod, cog flashed at me again today sitting in 80* traffic, bleh.

And I also just got new rear tires put on, and my DSC kicks on super irrationally just driving around a corner normal.. ideas?
Old 06-09-2013, 03:05 PM   #26
Moosecakes

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=446165

stumbled upon this guy, nexus 7 tablet as a media hub. I happen to have a 7" galaxy tab 2.0 and they are cheap enough I will buy a replacement for this one later on. But I decided I'm going to order my new alpine speakers, rca cables, speaker wire and bezel. Going to install my tab and load up the 32gb music card! I also think I will splice in a secondary female usb connector and route it to my center console area under the little pad and add a hardwired usb charger for my phone, or other electronics I happen to have with me.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:48 AM   #27
Moosecakes

Got my tablet unrooted today, and everything setup for going into the car, music, navigation, date and time and of course a nice M logo for the background, the other pages have all my other apps and what not nice and cleanly put away so it's a smooth clean interface once it's in the car.

I also ordered my speakers, and all the necessary bits for installing the new system. HK system now available to part out!

Here is a quick screen shot of my homescreen

Edit:
Just ordered 4 of these little guys https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...-mcd/252/1179/ going to do interior/exterior lighted door handles.

inspiration here: http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=180908

Decided that since i'll have my door panels and **** off to do my audio upgrade I might as well do these at the same time. I will run them off the footwell lighting circuit for power. I also think before installing the exterior ones I may do a very very light smoke spray over them just to dim them a little bit and not be so "ZOMG WTFBBQ LIGHTS!?!?!" ya know?

Last edited by Moosecakes; 06-13-2013 at 01:51 AM.
Moosecakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 05:52 PM   #28
Moosecakes

Wooo Christmas today, My speakers, USB, and headphone to RCA cable showed up just now! Now I'm just waiting on the stinger 4g power cables and my dual din bezel!

Will update again once I get more shiz for the install!
Old 06-16-2013, 03:16 PM   #29
Moosecakes

Rest of my stereo stuff came in yesterday while I was out of town of course. Bezel, 3' of stinger Pro 4g wire, some 680k ohm resistors for the SMG temp fix, 4 LED's for lighted interior door handle pockets, and MAYBE outside ones.. I haven't decided yet..

Here is pics of everything! Will be installing soon I hope!

Bezel is from Amazon, the finish is OEM quality, and the entire piece looks amazing for $85 shipped

bezel, tab, wiring, resistors and LED's. The Bezel will take a bit of modifying for a good fit, the DIY i'm going off of used a nexus 7, my tab is about .22" wider

10 pack of resistors and the 4 led's was like 7$ shipped if anyone needs a resistor for their SMG car PM me and i'll help you out, I don't need 10 lol..

anyway that's updates for now until I get the install underway.

Thanks for looking

Last edited by Moosecakes; 06-16-2013 at 03:17 PM.
Old 06-16-2013, 03:26 PM   #30
Moosecakes

God damnit... those are the wrong resistors.. I wanted 680 ohm not 680k... oh well, waste of 85 cents lol.

crisis averted, ordered the proper resistors... good thing I caught that before sticking that in my SMG temp wire lol..

Last edited by Moosecakes; 06-16-2013 at 03:39 PM.
Old 06-24-2013, 02:21 AM   #31
Moosecakes

Saturday should be the stereo install day and a good vacuuming lol.

I'm also planning on ripping out the "floating" sound deadening material and the rear insert foamy insulation and get all the un-necessary weight out of the car that's free to be lost anyway haha.

I'll have pics and an updated DIY on the stereo install asap! Summer term starts tomorrow morning lol. Can't wait...
Old 07-02-2013, 12:14 AM   #32
Moosecakes

Got my audio upgrade done!! WOO I love it sounds so good, and I've already sold all my OEM HK and nav stuff minus my amp!

Here's a link to my DIY: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=992010
Old 07-05-2013, 10:29 PM   #33
Moosecakes

2 pics from today unloading groceries

Next weekend I'll be fixing my front speakers, mounting my tablet 100% in, fixing my ****ing weird ass key issue and washing and waxing the car!

Last edited by Moosecakes; 07-05-2013 at 10:29 PM.
Old 07-06-2013, 05:52 PM   #34
Moosecakes

UPDATE!!!!

Here is a couple of quick pics with the tablet mocked up with all the trim, and a pic of how my amp is setup!

excuse my finger, I had to hold it in place since the bezel is not bolted down and my trim is not set in all the way, but you get the idea of the look.
As far as the amp area goes, I'm going to work on cleaning that up in 2 weeks when I'm down in eugene again and have access to my dads shop and tools. I will take non blurry fingerless pics once I get it all fixed up nice!

Also just ordered new left and right OEM bumper guides and 2 SMG relays from pelican parts, will be replacing both guides since my passenger side is broken and my driver side is still original I'm sure so I figured for an extra $4.75 I'll make it perfect again, and i'll be replacing my SMG relay and keeping one in the car as a spare

Next up will be an oil change and a new fan blade!
Old 07-23-2013, 02:54 AM   #35
Moosecakes

Well.. a small update, was down in eugene this weekend and had my dad help me with fixing my exhaust hanger. He patched it up better than before, I didn't snap any pics since it took him all of 2 seconds with the TIG lol. No more thump thump thump... I didn't get a chance to do my bumper guides since I apparently have a late enough production 02' that I got kevlar reinforcements and I don't know how to take it off lol.. the aluminum carrier which I thought I had is what I planned and researched for.. not so much. So that'll happen next time.

I also did the SMG resistor mod finally which I did snap a pic of. and it so far has been great, and idk if it's a placebo but my shifts feel crisper under hard acceleration. Maybe because the pump electronics thing it's running cooler or probably just my head, but hey i'll take it!

Here's a quick pic for all those who are interested and I also have a ton of the proper 680ohm resistors PM me if you need one!

Obviously shrink wrap it when you're done, I did just didn't get any pics..

Next weekend I hope to accomplish the front bumper guides and my hardwire project finally! I noticed today that I need a new pass. side rear guide as well it seems to be sagging a bit.

Thanks for lookin!
Old 07-26-2013, 09:09 PM   #36
Moosecakes

Got this little guy to sync with the Torque app on my tablet! Hell yes for $10 obd2 monitoring

I'll give it a try tomorrow!

Last edited by Moosecakes; 07-26-2013 at 09:10 PM.
Old 07-28-2013, 01:17 AM   #37
Moosecakes

Lol I feel like I'm talking to myself at this point, but the obd2 bluetooth plug in works great!! I need to buy the full version of torque so I can get it all setup how I want. But for $10 can't beat it! I also got my LED plate lights thrown in after a quick bath. They fit great and no error lights, another $10 best!

I'm coming due for an oil change around the 1st of the month or so, so when my financial aid finally comes in I'm going to order an OEM oil change kit, RE RTABS and send my oil off to blackstone. I want to get a baseline since my car was a rod bearing recall car and idk how it has been treated.

If any presence of high lead is found that is concerning to Blackstone, I'm dropping the bottom out and doing the bearings right away. I'm not in a position to have a motor failure right now, small or large. So I'm meeting everything I can head on and especially a day's job and $200 to ensure it's in good condition it's worth it in every way.

After that I'll be ordering the full besian kit + solenoid and new pump disk along with a valve shim kit and a TT Hub to lockdown my top end solid. That will be a spendy day, but 100% worth it. Oh and I'll be buying all the tools needed for the job since I plan on keeping this car forever.

Thanks for listening to my rambles

Last edited by Moosecakes; 07-28-2013 at 01:18 AM.
Old 07-28-2013, 04:31 AM   #38
Moosecakes

More rambling, decided to snag the sensor and harness for an IAT relocate kit and a new pass. side rear bumper guide since mine seems saggy and I don't like it...

So yea.. got everything for super cheap with a couple of coupons I found hidden on the interwebs! I am going to see what my current intake temps are based from the maf with my torque app, then compare with the IAT relocate and post back!
Old 08-05-2013, 04:29 PM   #39
Moosecakes

Got my IAT harness today from UPS man! Going to install in in 2 weeks next time I'm down in eugene as well as change my oil! woo!!

pics! and some of the car, yea I know my bumpers ugly will get fixed soon. I have new guides and what not..

Camaro is my mom's and the big house looking building is my dads shop

Thanks for lookin!
Old 08-05-2013, 07:10 PM   #40
98bimmer

My Ride: E90 330i, E36 328i
Great progress!