E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-17-2013, 10:10 PM   #1
fugarza

My Ride: 330i, R6
Raised my testosterone through vegetable juicing

I did my blood work and I was sitting at 371 for the T level. I was going to go the TRT route but I didn't want to just yet so I bought a veggie juicer. Well after two months on it I raised my t-levels up to 521. I might actually be a bit higher now since the lab work is about a month old.

Nothing about my eating or workouts have changed. Just the juice. I've noticed I feel much more energetic and my recovery is a lot better.
For you guys on the lower end of the T-level spectrum this is a good way to boost it up.

I drink veggie juice 1-2x a day with each serving consisting of about 24oz.

What I put in there:

Lemon
Swiss Chard
Celery
Cucumber
A little honey dew to sweeten it up
Handful of carrots
Sometimes I'll throw in some beets which help sweeten it up as well
Old 05-18-2013, 12:02 PM   #2
s3th

My Ride: 05 330Ci ZHP
Not wanking it also raises T.

500px
s3th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:44 PM   #3
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!

My Ride: ...a stairclimber!
Interesting. I want to have my T-levels checked. I'm curious about where I stand versus the average guy.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:49 PM   #4
Danl4560

My Ride: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugarza View Post
I did my blood work and I was sitting at 371 for the T level. I was going to go the TRT route but I didn't want to just yet so I bought a veggie juicer. Well after two months on it I raised my t-levels up to 521. I might actually be a bit higher now since the lab work is about a month old.

Nothing about my eating or workouts have changed. Just the juice. I've noticed I feel much more energetic and my recovery is a lot better.
For you guys on the lower end of the T-level spectrum this is a good way to boost it up.

I drink veggie juice 1-2x a day with each serving consisting of about 24oz.

What I put in there:

Lemon
Swiss Chard
Celery
Cucumber
A little honey dew to sweeten it up
Handful of carrots
Sometimes I'll throw in some beets which help sweeten it up as well
How old are you?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
Danl4560 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:15 PM   #5
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Any science to this? Never heard of it but would love to get more veggies in me and if it does work it would be awesome.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:30 PM   #6
blazedxjan

My Ride: 01 325ci
Re: Raised my testosterone through vegetable juicing

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3th View Post
Hmmm. I think I'll take the carrot juice instead.

Thanks for the tip OP.

89' 240sx Coupe - Sold ): 98' 328is - RIP 91' Turbo MR2 - Sold 01' 325ci - Current
I like my Christmas hat; wanna fight about it?
blazedxjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 02:04 PM   #7
M3Inline6

A good read:

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2013/0...one-naturally/

I guess my heavy consumption of bacon and eggs is doing me some good.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 05-18-2013 at 02:09 PM.
Old 05-18-2013, 02:25 PM   #8
z00

My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
Just to confirm the points highlighted in M3inline link. Especially, eggs, nuts (dabears do you hear me? lol ), cold showers, more sex and sleep. Make all the difference. Me personally like lamb for a fatty meat cut.

That was a good read. I always wondered about 2min vs 5min rest between sets, from studies in the link, rest period has no difference on muscle hypertrophy. Interesting.
z00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 05:21 PM   #9
BMW_Matt

My Ride: Has AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by s3th View Post
Negative ghost rider.
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 05:59 PM   #10
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by z00 View Post
Just to confirm the points highlighted in M3inline link. Especially, eggs, nuts (dabears do you hear me? lol ), cold showers, more sex and sleep. Make all the difference. Me personally like lamb for a fatty meat cut.

That was a good read. I always wondered about 2min vs 5min rest between sets, from studies in the link, rest period has no difference on muscle hypertrophy. Interesting.
Huh? Nuts are really good for you? I've only said they are really high in calories and there are much better alternatives if you are eating a ton of them as a staple. Too much of a fat imbalance.

I would think rest periods would mostly relate to heart rate, but also keep in mind that if you are lifting with high intensity and not resting enough for your next set it will effect hypertrophy since you aren't prepared enough to lift weight you otherwise could
Old 05-18-2013, 08:10 PM   #11
fugarza

I'm 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danl4560 View Post
How old are you?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
Old 05-18-2013, 08:55 PM   #12
dwass325

My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
Interesting. I want to have my T-levels checked. I'm curious about where I stand versus the average guy.
This is the equivalent of getting tests run to see if you have high levels of melanin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:19 AM   #13
z00

My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
What are the better alternatives?

For the rest period, I agree. But I was surprised from the study results. I rest 3min on my heavy sets, 1-2min on regular sits. It seems that resting even an extra 1min won't affect strength gains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
Huh? Nuts are really good for you? I've only said they are really high in calories and there are much better alternatives if you are eating a ton of them as a staple. Too much of a fat imbalance.

I would think rest periods would mostly relate to heart rate, but also keep in mind that if you are lifting with high intensity and not resting enough for your next set it will effect hypertrophy since you aren't prepared enough to lift weight you otherwise could
z00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:49 AM   #14
BWOODM3

My Ride: 2002 M3 convertible
Raised my testosterone through vegetable juicing

Lol

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
BWOODM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:02 AM   #15
M3Inline6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post
This is the equivalent of getting tests run to see if you have high levels of melanin.

Funny guy!
Old 05-19-2013, 10:27 AM   #16
wasp9166
ima touching member

My Ride: 04 330i jet black
Send a message via Yahoo to wasp9166
lol, veg juice twice a day doesn't raise test

what does/

more rest

harder workouts

less body fat

diet

"if polarity comes from protons, does morality come from morons?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330 View Post
"Mommy and Daddy are getting a divorce now because wasp9166 had to piitb with Mom."

Last edited by wasp9166; 05-19-2013 at 10:27 AM.
wasp9166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:45 AM   #17
fugarza

You cannot be more contradictory in your reply.

You state that veggie juice cannot raise test but diet can. What do you think veggie juice is exactly? Is it not just a ton vitamins in a highly concentrated form that is easily digestible? Would that not be considered diet?
I don't get how you think that an abundance of vitamins could not increase ones overall health and vitality?

More rest? If veggie juice is giving my body the vitamins it needs to recover from my workouts would that not be in fact improving my rest? Then by improving my rest wouldn't my testosterone be raised? Or since it doesn't come in some huge tub you buy at GNC it doesn't work?

I'm not going all bro on you and saying I feel like it's raised. I have verified lab work that proves without a doubt that my testosterone went up.

Or are you going to tell me lab work is all bro science? I think it's absurd that you think that someone eating a lot of vegetables is not going to find their health improved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasp9166 View Post
lol, veg juice twice a day doesn't raise test

what does/

more rest

harder workouts

less body fat

diet

Last edited by fugarza; 05-19-2013 at 11:47 AM.
fugarza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:44 PM   #18
wasp9166
ima touching member

My Ride: 04 330i jet black
Send a message via Yahoo to wasp9166
Quote:

You state that veggie juice cannot raise test but diet can. What do you think veggie juice is exactly? Is it not just a ton vitamins in a highly concentrated form that is easily digestible? Would that not be considered diet?
I don't get how you think that an abundance of vitamins could not increase ones overall health and vitality?

More rest? If veggie juice is giving my body the vitamins it needs to recover from my workouts would that not be in fact improving my rest? Then by improving my rest wouldn't my testosterone be raised? Or since it doesn't come in some huge tub you buy at GNC it doesn't work?

I'm not going all bro on you and saying I feel like it's raised. I have verified lab work that proves without a doubt that my testosterone went up.

Or are you going to tell me lab work is all bro science? I think it's absurd that you think that someone eating a lot of vegetables is not going to find their health improved.

your test influenced diet wise will be dependent on your healthy fat intake, hence my diet statement

vitamins in and of themselves do not raise test , anyone that takes a multi knows this is a ridiculous thought

health and vitality or not the same as raised test

have you lost weight on the juice ? decreasing bodyfat will increase test

do you feel better? decreasing stress will increase test

i'm not doubting your test levels , i think you may be confused on how you got them

"if polarity comes from protons, does morality come from morons?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330 View Post
"Mommy and Daddy are getting a divorce now because wasp9166 had to piitb with Mom."

Last edited by wasp9166; 05-19-2013 at 02:49 PM.
wasp9166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 05:56 PM   #19
BMW_Matt

My Ride: Has AWD
Quote:

Take a seat boys, ship's about to sail.
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:16 PM   #20
fugarza

I think we are just going to disagree on this. No biggie.

As long as you're getting the results you want then I think you should keep at what you got going. Personally I'm happy that I got such a bump in my t levels and didn't have to resort to a lifetime of TRT.

I'm going to give it another month or two and retest. Hopefully I'll be sitting at 700-800.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasp9166 View Post

i'm not doubting your test levels , i think you may be confused on how you got them