E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.40 average. Display Modes
Old 12-31-2013, 04:44 PM   #201
330i ZHP

My Ride: have 5 doors and FI
Send a message via AIM to 330i ZHP Send a message via Yahoo to 330i ZHP
amazing that the ess tune was good "right out of the box"...even with my bastardized TS3 in an MS45.1 car (something they had never done) the car ran great, AFR was nearly spot on...no CELs
Old 12-31-2013, 04:46 PM   #202
330i ZHP

GL Chase - you are in good hands with RRT...albeit potentially pricey in parts and labor (even discounted)
Old 01-02-2014, 06:38 PM   #203
MalibuMafiaV

My Ride: SCed E46 & E60 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob43 View Post
This.

I've had several back & forth Emails with owners about the fact that their VF #VFK 17-01 kit / software for the M54B30 is able to "adapt" to things like a pulley change to get more psi & water meth injection. After these changes had been implemented, their AFR numbers were still perfect.
Yup it seems to be reported as a great tune. Honestly I was very surprised with how well it was doing when all was said and done. It just goes to show when real tuners give the time and effort to do it right like VF with this tune. That they really do it right.
Maserati 2004 M128 GT - HREs/tint/straight piped SOLD
BMW 2006 M3 - stock - SOLD
MalibuMafiaV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:51 AM   #204
Viral@ActiveAutowerke
Sponsor

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
As I read this,.......I just keep SHAKING MY HEAD.

All I'll say is you're far to diplomatic about all of this, but I understand why. In a sense (A Very Real Sense) AA has you by the balls (not trying to be mean) because you're still looking for them to "fix" your tuning issues.

This of course means you can't afford to "burn that bridge" with AA, at least not yet. Someday you'll sell your Bimmer or sell off that supercharger, then you'll REALLY be able to speak your mind on all of this.

To AA, your customer support is Very lacking, these tuning issues should have been fixed within the first 30 days.

...........this is me being VERY DIPLOMATIC.
For a person who is being "Very Diplomatic" you seem to start controversy, I am straight forward person so I am going to reply to your post by first saying we are not holding anyone by the "balls". We do our very best to help our clients get the most performance out of their vehicles within safe parameters that is why we have a dedicated engineering department to diagnose these issues and help point our customers in the right direction.

You can call Active Autowerke and I can assure you will always a get a representative during business hours and if not you can leave a message and someone will always get back to you within a timely matter.

Quote:
This.

I've had several back & forth Emails with owners about the fact that their VF #VFK 17-01 kit / software for the M54B30 is able to "adapt" to things like a pulley change to get more psi & water meth injection. After these changes had been implemented, their AFR numbers were still perfect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuMafiaV View Post
Yup it seems to be reported as a great tune. Honestly I was very surprised with how well it was doing when all was said and done. It just goes to show when real tuners give the time and effort to do it right like VF with this tune. That they really do it right.
It's quite amazing how you guys quickly forget the good old days from VF...

Phone: 305.233.9300 Ext. 232 | Fax: 305-253-8921

Last edited by Viral@ActiveAutowerke; 02-03-2014 at 08:59 AM.
Viral@ActiveAutowerke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:26 AM   #205
JohnBlaze

My Ride: Black Sunshine
Viral, why hasn't AA fixed Chase's tune yet? Yes he could go to Frank Smith and get a custom tune but that will cost a great deal more money, if that is AA's fix to the problem then AA should foot the bill for that custom tune.

You said AA has the ability to data log? Why hasn't this been done for Chase's car? You send him your tool/utility to datalog when he drives around and then modify the tune to make it more safe? This should have been arranged within days of him finding how lean his car is running up top on the dyno.

You sit hear and type this and that about engineering and R&D at AA, yet the tune running Chase's car still does not build confidence and is straight up dangerous. If his motor blows will AA cover it? No they won't.

Chase has actually dropped off the forums ever since this debacle unfolded. Anyone can call AA and AA will get back to them in a timely fashion, well how about fixing my mans tune so he's not worried about damaging his engine whenever he feels like taking it out for a drive?

Do the right thing AA, work out a deal with Frank Smith and pay for Chases car to get tuned properly.

Last edited by JohnBlaze; 02-03-2014 at 09:26 AM.
JohnBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:39 AM   #206
Viral@ActiveAutowerke
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBlaze View Post
Viral, why hasn't AA fixed Chase's tune yet? Yes he could go to Frank Smith and get a custom tune but that will cost a great deal more money, if that is AA's fix to the problem then AA should foot the bill for that custom tune.

You said AA has the ability to data log? Why hasn't this been done for Chase's car? You send him your tool/utility to datalog when he drives around and then modify the tune to make it more safe? This should have been arranged within days of him finding how lean his car is running up top on the dyno.

You sit hear and type this and that about engineering and R&D at AA, yet the tune running Chase's car still does not build confidence and is straight up dangerous. If his motor blows will AA cover it? No they won't.

Chase has actually dropped off the forums ever since this debacle unfolded. Anyone can call AA and AA will get back to them in a timely fashion, well how about fixing my mans tune so he's not worried about damaging his engine whenever he feels like taking it out for a drive?

Do the right thing AA, work out a deal with Frank Smith and pay for Chases car to get tuned properly.
As for Chase fixing his tune yet it's just him trying to find the time to balance his work schedule and getting the car to the shop I really can't force him to get it done right now. It's his car when he has the down time he can take the car to shop and from there we can gather information and get the car tuned properly. Please stop speculating his car is going to blow up an create panic for no reason. We work with Frank Smith and have no issues getting his car running he just needs to find time.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:40 AM   #207
MalibuMafiaV

My Ride: SCed E46 & E60 M5
Viral.... when I did the custom intercooler, 100 octane and added a smaller pulley to get 10psi instead of 6psi on what the kit comes with... the automatic tune from VF was giving me 11.4-12.2 AFR at full throttle. To me... that's pretty damn impressive. Idle was around 14.7 but that doesn't really matter..... My point is that the VF tune did perform well. It gave me no issues like Chase is having. I'm not saying your work is bad and I'm not putting anyone down.... I'm simply stating my experience with the VF tune.
Maserati 2004 M128 GT - HREs/tint/straight piped SOLD
BMW 2006 M3 - stock - SOLD
MalibuMafiaV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:02 PM   #208
nleksan

My Ride: 328Ci, 325i, 740i
Send a message via AIM to nleksan
I have no issues, history, or anything against AA, I am just surprised that the issues have not been resolved. I understand that it takes both parties to work together, but I guess it's the issues in thef irst place that surprise me. Then again, I may have just gotten lucky or had a very experienced tuner (both probably), as I am not running any "out of the box" setup or even parts of setups, yet it was only two 2hr dyno sessions to have my car completely sorted *shrug*

- DPE - Apex - BBS - PFC 6/4 2pc BBK - KW Clubsport - PowerFlex -
- M-Tech - Rogue Engineering - Ground Control - Odyssey -
- Hotchkis - AFE - UUC - AKG - Dinan - VAC - TC Kline -
- TMS - OS Giken - SuperSprint - Vorsteiner - Recaro - Samco - Fluidyne - MORE! -
GARAGE:
- 2000 328Ci Topaz 6MT-Swap ZSP/ZPP/ZCW/HID/HK (Street/Track)
- 2001 325i TiAg 5MT/ZSP/ZCW (Street)
- 2006 M3 ZCP AW/IR 6MT/ZCP/HID (Street)
nleksan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:52 PM   #209
BMW_Knight

My Ride: STG2 ZHP,E70 X5(DD)
Send a message via ICQ to BMW_Knight Send a message via AIM to BMW_Knight
Frank Smith got mine worked out.

It's hard with these cars. It could be a number of things that add up to Chase's issues.

Chase,

Feel free to call me and maybe I can help you since I had some issues early on with my setup.

And yep, I sold out and got an M3, The guy that bought my stage 2 setup got tuned by frank and so far he isn't having any issues, daily driven. MS45 setup too.

Thanks to: www.getbmwparts.com www.aatuning.com www.toyotires.com
Eurowerkz Mid-Atlantic Regional Director
Join the Eurowerkz Facebook Fan Site : Click Here
Need your car coded with Euro Options? (Remote Windows up, Corner delete, DRL off, etc.) PM Me
BMW_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 02:51 PM   #210
Viral@ActiveAutowerke
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuMafiaV View Post
Viral.... when I did the custom intercooler, 100 octane and added a smaller pulley to get 10psi instead of 6psi on what the kit comes with... the automatic tune from VF was giving me 11.4-12.2 AFR at full throttle. To me... that's pretty damn impressive. Idle was around 14.7 but that doesn't really matter..... My point is that the VF tune did perform well. It gave me no issues like Chase is having. I'm not saying your work is bad and I'm not putting anyone down.... I'm simply stating my experience with the VF tune.
I am glad that you are happy with your kit and customized to have it running properly with VF. It's just news to me that you have a off the shelf tune running with 100 Octane & a smaller pulley and custom Intercooler at 10 PSI with perfect AFR. Chase's issue is fixable and not a permanent issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nleksan View Post
I have no issues, history, or anything against AA, I am just surprised that the issues have not been resolved. I understand that it takes both parties to work together, but I guess it's the issues in thef irst place that surprise me. Then again, I may have just gotten lucky or had a very experienced tuner (both probably), as I am not running any "out of the box" setup or even parts of setups, yet it was only two 2hr dyno sessions to have my car completely sorted *shrug*
Trust me I wish we can have this issue resolved sooner but I am not going to hold a gun to his head and tell him to fix it now. Everyone has their priorities but I can assure you we stand by our kit and most importantly our customer to resolve any issues they have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Knight View Post
Frank Smith got mine worked out.

It's hard with these cars. It could be a number of things that add up to Chase's issues.

Chase,

Feel free to call me and maybe I can help you since I had some issues early on with my setup.

And yep, I sold out and got an M3, The guy that bought my stage 2 setup got tuned by frank and so far he isn't having any issues, daily driven. MS45 setup too.
Exactly some hardware issues could throw a tune off as simple as a MAF. Can't wait see what plans you have for the M3. First mod should be a baby recaro seat

Last edited by Viral@ActiveAutowerke; 02-03-2014 at 02:53 PM.
Old 02-03-2014, 05:33 PM   #211
BMW_Knight

My Ride: STG2 ZHP,E70 X5(DD)
Send a message via ICQ to BMW_Knight Send a message via AIM to BMW_Knight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral@ActiveAutowerke View Post

Exactly some hardware issues could throw a tune off as simple as a MAF. Can't wait see what plans you have for the M3. First mod should be a baby recaro seat

Haha, you know me so well.

It's a girl so I have to get it in Active Autowerke Purple.

Thanks to: www.getbmwparts.com www.aatuning.com www.toyotires.com
Eurowerkz Mid-Atlantic Regional Director
Join the Eurowerkz Facebook Fan Site : Click Here
Need your car coded with Euro Options? (Remote Windows up, Corner delete, DRL off, etc.) PM Me
BMW_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 05:43 PM   #212
330i ZHP

it sucks to have to pay more money (and time/effort) to have the car "fixed" after spending all that money on the kit. I would hope that Viral refunds any costs for these "fixes" - hell, at this point Chase would get a free SC
Old 02-03-2014, 08:59 PM   #213
JohnBlaze

My Ride: Black Sunshine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral@ActiveAutowerke View Post
As for Chase fixing his tune yet it's just him trying to find the time to balance his work schedule and getting the car to the shop I really can't force him to get it done right now. It's his car when he has the down time he can take the car to shop and from there we can gather information and get the car tuned properly. Please stop speculating his car is going to blow up an create panic for no reason. We work with Frank Smith and have no issues getting his car running he just needs to find time.
so you're saying running lean like he is, is no problem? If anyone drove that car hard for any length of time the outcome would not be pretty
Old 02-03-2014, 11:48 PM   #214
STORMER

My Ride: AA SC 98 M3
Just to chime in with my personal experience. Regardless of Chases situation Active Autowerkes offers the best off the shelf setups on the market for supercharging. I know of a number of local members that went vf and have had issues since day 1. And have a real hard time to get the follow up service.

I have had nothing but good customer service with AA and quality hardware. It sounds more like mentioned that Chase needs to prioritize his efforts and get it sorted. Sometimes easier said that done. Regardless I'm sure AA has been doing their job. I can vouche at least from my experience. All things said I hope he gets it sorted soon. Have been a fan of his car since joining years ago

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

360+rwhp

AA Stage 2, Arp2000, Underdrive Pulley, M50 Manifold, Cat Delete, Supersprint Exhaust, M5 Clutch w/ Lightweight Flywheel, Euro Fan, FK Coilovers, AEM Boost Gauge, Zhp Knob, Stoptech Brakes, R1 Rotors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetness View Post
You sir, just thread jacked the sh!t out of OP.
STORMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:58 PM   #215
330i ZHP

I cannot comment on the VF products - but to put AA before ESS is ludicrous
Old 02-04-2014, 05:46 AM   #216
PEI330Ci
58mm of Bliss

My Ride: 330i, 330Ci
The issue is between Chase and AA.

All the rest of this dialog has been for individual poster's personal enjoyment. Whether that's attacking either party for the current situation, or being seen as "helpful" for their own ego.

There are better topics to pursue than trying to instigate a conflict here.
PEI330Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:29 AM   #217
FI330FI

My Ride: FI330
Brady, Anthony, Chase all had the same problem. Clearly, these cars weren't maintained properly. Viral, post some E46 shop cars dynos with no smoothing and afrs.

Last edited by FI330FI; 02-04-2014 at 08:30 AM.
FI330FI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:42 AM   #218
Viral@ActiveAutowerke
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Knight View Post
Haha, you know me so well.

It's a girl so I have to get it in Active Autowerke Purple.
You got it brotha I will see what I can get for the new member for the Active Family

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330i ZHP View Post
it sucks to have to pay more money (and time/effort) to have the car "fixed" after spending all that money on the kit. I would hope that Viral refunds any costs for these "fixes" - hell, at this point Chase would get a free SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBlaze View Post
so you're saying running lean like he is, is no problem? If anyone drove that car hard for any length of time the outcome would not be pretty
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330i ZHP View Post
I cannot comment on the VF products - but to put AA before ESS is ludicrous
You 2 are just going in circles over and over and are intentionally trying to bash AA but yet Promote ESS at the same time...

We are fixing Chase's issue for free but should I charge you for reading your ludacris posts you make. (BTW that was a joke hopefully you got it )

Quote:
Originally Posted by STORMER View Post
Just to chime in with my personal experience. Regardless of Chases situation Active Autowerkes offers the best off the shelf setups on the market for supercharging. I know of a number of local members that went vf and have had issues since day 1. And have a real hard time to get the follow up service.

I have had nothing but good customer service with AA and quality hardware. It sounds more like mentioned that Chase needs to prioritize his efforts and get it sorted. Sometimes easier said that done. Regardless I'm sure AA has been doing their job. I can vouche at least from my experience. All things said I hope he gets it sorted soon. Have been a fan of his car since joining years ago

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Thank you for sharing your experience with our forum members and understand personally priorities. Glad to hear you had great experience our Active Autowerke Performance Products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEI330Ci View Post
The issue is between Chase and AA.

All the rest of this dialog has been for individual poster's personal enjoyment. Whether that's attacking either party for the current situation, or being seen as "helpful" for their own ego.

There are better topics to pursue than trying to instigate a conflict here.
Could not have said it better.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:01 AM   #219
FI330FI

My Ride: FI330
Anthony's thread is identical to this mess. The poor guy replaced everything bought parts over and over. Car never ran right, not even a video. He had a huge for sale thread, brand new parts for about 8 different set ups. I've never seen a dyno from AA that makes the full advertised power. I know the response, we have no idea what condition said car was in when it was dyno'd. Ask yourself, hardware? lack of maintenance? weak engines? anything and everything but software? Make your own decision, the facts are out there. Everything i've said is merely my opinion on AA's ability to tune non M e46s.

Last edited by FI330FI; 02-04-2014 at 09:02 AM.
FI330FI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:14 AM   #220
Viral@ActiveAutowerke
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FI330FI View Post
Anthony's thread is identical to this mess. The poor guy replaced everything bought parts over and over. Car never ran right, not even a video. He had a huge for sale thread, brand new parts for about 8 different set ups. I've never seen a dyno from AA that makes the full advertised power. I know the response, we have no idea what condition said car was in when it was dyno'd. Ask yourself, hardware? lack of maintenance? weak engines? anything and everything but software? Make your own decision, the facts are out there. Everything i've said is merely my opinion on AA's ability to tune non M e46s.
Your lack of posts and New Member status just seems you came in to add to the fire. I know Anthony Personally and I can assure you Zak did his very best to help him out with his Kit. Well we do know the conditions of each car dyno'ed they have it saved with the Dyno Run File.

Last edited by Viral@ActiveAutowerke; 02-04-2014 at 09:15 AM.