E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-24-2013, 03:06 PM   #1
z00

My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
Pics of your grocery shopping cart thread

Will be good to know what each person buys. I go grocery shopping every week. I'll post the pic later after work.
z00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:13 PM   #2
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!

My Ride: M4 and Range Rover S
This is just a mid-week replenishment cart (...whole oats, chicken, bacon, bbq sauce, eggs, water, etc.):

Attachment 507357

Last edited by M3Inline6; 05-24-2013 at 03:14 PM.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:17 PM   #3
z00

^ that bacon. I used to eat turkey bacon, after I learned how it's processed, I stopped. I only eat non-processed meats now.

In the back of the cart; What's in the plastic bags? What are those sauce bottles?
Old 05-24-2013, 03:21 PM   #4
M3Inline6

Quote:
Originally Posted by z00 View Post
^ that bacon. I used to eat turkey bacon, after I learned how it's processed, I stopped. I only eat non-processed meats now.

In the back of the cart; What's in the plastic bags? What are those sauce bottles?

I go through AT LEAST two packs of bacon a week. It's just as much a staple in my diet as eggs and chicken. One of the bags has whole oats and the other has almonds. I use BBQ sauce for my chicken. It keeps me from becoming bored of it.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:28 PM   #5
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
lol I dunno if I'll snap pics or not but these are weekly staples:

meats: (From local butcher except for tuna)
eggs
ribeye
beef tenderloin
ground beef
brisket
pork shoulder
back bacon
chicken thighs
chicken breast
wild salmon fillet
artic char
tuna
beef jerky

produce
cucumber
yellow/sweet/red/green onion
kale
spinach
cabbage
avocado
red/green/orange/yellow pepper
bananas
raspberries/blueberries/strawberries/blackberries
royal gala / fiji apples
celery
fresh herbs (parsley, dill, basil, chives)
crimini/portabello/white mushrooms
brocolli/cauliflower
carrots
snap peas
sweet potatoes
occassional butternut/spaghetti squash
kalamata olives

dairy
mozzarella
feta
goat cheese
medium/sharp cheddar
campbells cream stock
olympic sour cream
almond "milk"
butter

oils
avocado oil
coconut oil
olive oil

spices/seasonings
coriander
cumin
ground peppercorn
sea salt
garlic powder
chili powder
chipotle powder
sage
onion powder
allspice
thyme
oregano
smoked paprika
cinnamon
cayenne pepper
red pepper chili flakes
medium curry powder
garlic salt

reductions / cooking flavors
chicken stock
beef stock
marsala wine
white wine
dry red wine
apple cider vinegar
white wine vinegar
balsamic vinegar
honey
lemon juice
lime juice

got a bit carried away here
Old 05-24-2013, 04:02 PM   #6
z00

How much sugar is in BBQ sauce? I used to eat it with my chicken and then realized how much sugar it has. Now I marinade 3.5lbs of chicken breasts in basil, lemon, garlic, Soyaki sauce, olive oil, and it tastes great. Never get sick of it, minus the sugar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
I go through AT LEAST two packs of bacon a week. It's just as much a staple in my diet as eggs and chicken. One of the bags has whole oats and the other has almonds. I use BBQ sauce for my chicken. It keeps me from becoming bored of it.
Old 05-24-2013, 04:06 PM   #7
dabears

Quote:
How much sugar is in BBQ sauce? I used to eat it with my chicken and then realized how much sugar it has. Now I marinade 3.5lbs of chicken breasts in basil, lemon, garlic, Soyaki sauce, olive oil, and it tastes great. Never get sick of it, minus the sugar.
all the calories will almost certainly be directly from sugar, depends on the bbq sauce

i make my own
Old 05-24-2013, 04:10 PM   #8
z00

dabears,

We have a very similar taste in food. Don't you have IBS and lactose intolerance like me? How do you consume all of this dairy? I cannot eat legumes, greens (except for few ones), mayo, and many other things. My stomach is a one sensitive b!tch.

What do you use avocado oil for?
Old 05-24-2013, 04:11 PM   #9
z00

Is it healthy (low sugar), if so, recipe bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
all the calories will almost certainly be directly from sugar, depends on the bbq sauce

i make my own
Old 05-24-2013, 04:19 PM   #10
dabears

Quote:
dabears,

We have a very similar taste in food. Don't you have IBS and lactose intolerance like me? How do you consume all of this dairy? I cannot eat legumes, greens (except for few ones), mayo, and many other things. My stomach is a one sensitive b!tch.

What do you use avocado oil for?
I don't have IBS (well I could, don't really know the symptoms) but I've been lactose intolerant my whole life. Also deathly allergic to peanuts. I get slightly upset stomach from cheese / cream (milk or whey is the worst) but I just deal with it since it is an occassional treat, not a staple. I cut whey out recently

what do you mean by greens?

mayo gives you trouble I bet because store bought is typically made from soybean oil (even ones labeled as olive oil only have 30% or less EVOO). homemade mayo is made from eggs + vegetable oil, aioli from eggs + olive oil.

avocado oil has one of the highest smoke points for a healthy oil, I use it to sear meat like steak etc... coconut oil is too low + don't like coconut taste for meat besides shrimp.

Never cook with olive oil, it turns rancid and puts free radicals (cancer causing) particles in the body

Quote:
Is it healthy (low sugar), if so, recipe bro.
BBQ Sauce
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 onion, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp. chili powder
1/4 cup brewed espresso or strong coffee
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup chili sauce
1/2 cup molasses
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup cider vinegar
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste

theres no such thing as bbq sauce without sugar lol. just eat it after your workouts, your body needs the insulin spike
Old 05-24-2013, 04:31 PM   #11
z00

Last year some foods that I ate regularly started causing bloating and discomfort. Beans, lentils, asparagus, snow peas, broccoli. So I removed them from my diet. I still have bloating and trying to figure what else bothers my stomach. I would have made better progress if I can eat more things and my stomach was not a PITA.

Not just mayo, but also mustard bothers my stomach. I'm a pain in the ass to go out with as there are only few things that I can eat in a restaurant. I don't think I'm allergic to anything as I tool the allergy test 4 years ago and was negative. I would pay some money to figure out this bloating issue.

Your BBQ seems yummy. I'll tweak my marinade to add some ingredients from your recipe. I really don't need the extra BBQ sugar post workout. I get enough already lol. I love eating tahini sauce with honey PW.
Old 05-24-2013, 04:40 PM   #12
dabears

Quote:
Last year some foods that I ate regularly started causing bloating and discomfort. Beans, lentils, asparagus, snow peas, broccoli. So I removed them from my diet. I still have bloating and trying to figure what else bothers my stomach. I would have made better progress if I can eat more things and my stomach was not a PITA.

Not just mayo, but also mustard bothers my stomach. I'm a pain in the ass to go out with as there are only few things that I can eat in a restaurant. I don't think I'm allergic to anything as I tool the allergy test 4 years ago and was negative. I would pay some money to figure out this bloating issue.

Your BBQ seems yummy. I'll tweak my marinade to add some ingredients from your recipe. I really don't need the extra BBQ sugar post workout. I get enough already lol. I love eating tahini sauce with honey PW.
ever tried whole 30?

http://whole9life.com/category/whole-30/

it is a great way to determine what can be causing your bloating, you don't have to pay just google for more info if you are interested

edit: someone blogged doing it and has a good list of what you can't eat

http://nomnompaleo.com/post/29823842...-1-31-12-hey-i

Last edited by dabears; 05-24-2013 at 04:43 PM.
dabears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:12 PM   #13
M3Inline6

Quote:
Honestly, I don't look and I don't really care. It's not enough to make a difference in my diet, and it's not enough to affect my ability to lean out significantly. In fact, the minimal amount of sugar that I might get in a serving of BBQ chicken is nothing in comparison to eating a half gallon of ice cream over the span of less than 36 hours (..or my fascination with gummy bears, a useless sugary edible treat that has zero nutritional value, and that I eat on a regular basis). At the end of the day it's calories in, calories out! Carbs have much more of an effect on me than the sugar does, and even then..........I STILL don't really care that much about how many grams of carbs any given item has either.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 05-24-2013 at 05:16 PM.
Old 05-24-2013, 05:39 PM   #14
dabears

unless you are using cups of bbq sauce it doesnt matter lol
Old 05-24-2013, 05:57 PM   #15
M3Inline6

Quote:
Agreed!!!! I actually only cook it in the BBQ sauce. I end up dumping most of it down the drain once all of the chicken is gone.

On that note.....I'm getting another cream cheese pie tonight after I perform 200 reps on the front squat using 135 lbs. That is going to be KILLER, and my wang is hard just thinking about it.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 05-24-2013 at 05:58 PM.
Old 05-25-2013, 03:34 PM   #16
z00

My body tends to love carbs, so with sugar and simple carbs I notice my body composition changes. I try to minimize carbs as much as I can unless it's pre or post workout.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
Agreed!!!! I actually only cook it in the BBQ sauce. I end up dumping most of it down the drain once all of the chicken is gone.

On that note.....I'm getting another cream cheese pie tonight after I perform 200 reps on the front squat using 135 lbs. That is going to be KILLER, and my wang is hard just thinking about it.
Old 05-25-2013, 03:36 PM   #17
dabears

Quote:
My body tends to love carbs, so with sugar and simple carbs I notice my body composition changes. I try to minimize carbs as much as I can unless it's pre or post workout.
there is no way you have body composition changes using a tbsp or two of BBQ sauce with your workout volume dude, it has to be in your head or from other sources (bloated that day etc)
Old 05-25-2013, 03:39 PM   #18
M3Inline6

Pics of your grocery shopping cart thread

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1369514276.214578.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	507492

The "just because" meal: 5 oz. of BBQ chicken, 3 pieces of bacon, 4 eggs, spinach, bell pepper and half a grapefruit. Yum!!!

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 05-25-2013, 03:39 PM   #19
z00

My diet is already pretty much similar to whole 30 program. I think I have GI issues. Most foods tend to give me bloating. I'm gonna go see a GI doc.

Sometimes I fast and try foods one at a time to isolate which ones bother me, even just simple grilled salmon with avocado give me issues. My stomach is just happy when it's empty. Literally only water and green tea that don't bother me. It's so annoying, I wonder what's causing this. Just started about 8 months ago.
Old 05-25-2013, 03:45 PM   #20
z00

Ok, I have tested this, for 2 weeks, I ate 200g of carbs a day. Some from white carbs and othes from sugar. I can see the difference in the mirror. I stopped it, weeks later, things looked different. Things add up easily, 2tsb from BBW, 2tsb from honey, 2tsb from Maple syrup, you get the idea.

Quote:
there is no way you have body composition changes using a tbsp or two of BBQ sauce with your workout volume dude, it has to be in your head or from other sources (bloated that day etc)