E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-25-2013, 03:46 PM   #21
z00

My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
The meal looks good Steve, I'm making a similar one for dinner tonight mins the bacon and BBQ sauce lol
z00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:03 PM   #22
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!

My Ride: M4 and RRS (sold!)
Pics of your grocery shopping cart thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by z00 View Post
The meal looks good Steve, I'm making a similar one for dinner tonight mins the bacon and BBQ sauce lol
Haha! Thanks! I couldn't imagine my diet without bacon and BBQ sauce. For awhile I was eating my chicken plain, but after a month of that I just couldn't do it anymore. I tried teriyaki......way too salty for me. I tried Caribbean Jerk Sauce.....I threw up in about an hour and I'll never buy it again. Lemon Pepper seasoning got boring real fast too.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 05:59 PM   #23
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by z00 View Post
Ok, I have tested this, for 2 weeks, I ate 200g of carbs a day. Some from white carbs and othes from sugar. I can see the difference in the mirror. I stopped it, weeks later, things looked different. Things add up easily, 2tsb from BBW, 2tsb from honey, 2tsb from Maple syrup, you get the idea.
lol well yeah, but what kind of meals are you eating that require a 2+ tbsp of a sugar based sauce to make it add up? we are talking like 2g of sugar per tbsp here... its nothing trust me. pure honey and syrup is a bit different, but still negligible

if you can stomach the food.. by all means. Just remember, it is all about consistency over time, each to their own
Old 05-25-2013, 06:08 PM   #24
z00

I went through the same exact phase until I settled on my basil marinade I mentioned on the first page of this thread. Never looked back.

I threw away Jerk sauce as well, and another one made of mango and red peppers. Some horrible sauces out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
Haha! Thanks! I couldn't imagine my diet without bacon and BBQ sauce. For awhile I was eating my chicken plain, but after a month of that I just couldn't do it anymore. I tried teriyaki......way too salty for me. I tried Caribbean Jerk Sauce.....I threw up in about an hour and I'll never buy it again. Lemon Pepper seasoning got boring real fast too.

Look at your BBQ sauce, molases is all sugar. Most of BBQ sauces you buy will have at least 13g in a serving (2tbs). At some point I was just dipping chicken pieces in honey, but that got boring really fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
lol well yeah, but what kind of meals are you eating that require a 2+ tbsp of a sugar based sauce to make it add up? we are talking like 2g of sugar per tbsp here... its nothing trust me. pure honey and syrup is a bit different, but still negligible

if you can stomach the food.. by all means. Just remember, it is all about consistency over time, each to their own
Old 05-25-2013, 06:11 PM   #25
dabears

Everything in moderation, I wouldn't use a sauce every single time... but its great on a steak, chicken, etc from time to time as well I happen to like grilled with dry rub anyways, and more fattier cuts of meat for flavor.

Chicken breast is probably my least favorite food, and I know how to make it pretty damn delicious. BBQ'd split chicken is much juicier and more options
Old 05-25-2013, 06:24 PM   #26
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!

My Ride: M4 and RRS (sold!)

Yeah, you're right z00. I just checked one of my unopened bottles and it's 14g of sugar per 2 Tbsp. There must be a point - in grams - in which sugar goes from having a negligible effect to having a significant effect on the body.

I look at it this way....

....I'm able to stay lean and keep a nicely defined 6 pack/physique 12 months a year (...no "summer body" nonsense here ) without much of a fuss. I must be doing something right, especially when others with more specific dietary habits have yet to achieve that.

M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 06:29 PM   #27
bgsmith

My Ride: No longer an e46
Send a message via AIM to bgsmith
Quote:
Yeah, you're right z00. I just checked one of my unopened bottles and it's 14g of sugar per 2 Tbsp. There must be a point - in grams - in which sugar goes from having a negligible effect to having a significant effect on the body.

....I'm able to stay lean and keep a nicely defined 6 pack/physique 12 months a year (...no "summer body" nonsense here ) without much of a fuss. I must be doing something right, especially when others with more specific dietary habits have yet to achieve that.

Yeah dude, you are a freak, and I mean that in a good way.

I'm jealous.
Old 05-25-2013, 06:41 PM   #28
z00

I think you said the golden keywords before which is what allows you to have a lean body all year around. Calories in, calories out, with intense high volume workouts. You get enough cardio from martial arts and your line of work.

Since I listened to your advice, and I increased my workouts volume, I have been seeing great progress in numbers and in mirror in only 5 months. But damn sugar and carbs add up quickly especially with a sedentary desk job like mine.

Quote:

yes, but things add up quickly before you know it. So if I can find a sauce that will make my chicken tastes better without the extra carbs, I'll take it.
I like lamb/fillet mignon the most, but they're not as healthy as chicken/turkey. I have a balanced intake of all natural protein sources (salmon, chicken, lamb, turkey).

Quote:
Everything in moderation, I wouldn't use a sauce every single time... but its great on a steak, chicken, etc from time to time as well I happen to like grilled with dry rub anyways, and more fattier cuts of meat for flavor.

Chicken breast is probably my least favorite food, and I know how to make it pretty damn delicious. BBQ'd split chicken is much juicier and more options
Old 05-26-2013, 11:28 PM   #29
z00

I figured the easiest way to share our grocery lists is to post the receipt. I go grocery shopping every week, my list is pretty much the below, sometimes I change up few things but that's about it.

Old 06-01-2013, 05:49 PM   #30
domcreates
Banned User

My Ride: Jet Black 1999 323i
Here's my list for 2 weeks worth of food

2 Week

4 x Giant 100% Egg Whites Liquid Cholesterol Free Fat Free $17.96

1 x Giant White Rice Long Grain $4.79

2 x Giant Chicken Breasts Boneless Skinless Value Pack All Natural Fresh $34.32

2 x Giant Pasta Rigatoni $2

1 x Ragu Pasta Sauce $2.39

1 x Giant Oats Rolled Old Fashion $3.79

2 x Oscar Meyer Turkey White Oven Roasted 95% Fat Free Sliced $6.98

2 x Giant Vegetables Mixed All Natural $5

Total: $77.23
domcreates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 06:15 PM   #31
MorganFreeman

My Ride: bacon
Seriously, without pics of your shopping cart, this thread will be just like Solly's other thread.

Sent from Heaven.
MorganFreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:19 PM   #32
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
After my week long cruise ill be hitting up the grocery store tomorrow. I ate like such a fat American.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:32 AM   #33
Marshmallow
Yacht Club Libertarian

My Ride: E46, E30, Quattro

I eat out a lot (trying to stop) but at home I consume mainly soybeans, chicken pot pies, S. Pellegrino waters, Chef Boyardee, Easy Mac, and about 3 dozen eggs a week. Oh yeah and homemade Caesar salad. And I'm trying to cut down on the Coke.

2003 BMW 325xiT "Audrey"
1987 BMW 325i "Lydia"
1990 Audi 90 Quattro Sport 20v "Chloe"

Last edited by Marshmallow; 06-03-2013 at 12:34 AM.
Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:20 AM   #34
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmallow View Post
I eat out a lot (trying to stop) but at home I consume mainly soybeans, chicken pot pies, S. Pellegrino waters, Chef Boyardee, Easy Mac, and about 3 dozen eggs a week. Oh yeah and homemade Caesar salad. And I'm trying to cut down on the Coke.
That is a very bad diet
Old 06-03-2013, 06:24 AM   #35
Marshmallow
Yacht Club Libertarian

I know but I'm 5'8" and 135. Trying to change my diet though, have started by limiting fast food to 2x a week.

2003 BMW 325xiT "Audrey"
1987 BMW 325i "Lydia"

Old 06-03-2013, 06:53 AM   #36
DylloS

Quote:
I know but I'm 5'8" and 135. Trying to change my diet though, have started by limiting fast food to 2x a week.
What you're eating is pretty much as bad as fast food.

Eat real foods man
Old 06-03-2013, 09:13 AM   #37
dabears

Quote:
no offense, but how old are you? this sounds like the diet of a lazy teenager
Old 06-03-2013, 09:46 AM   #38
Marshmallow
Yacht Club Libertarian

Quote:
no offense, but how old are you? this sounds like the diet of a lazy teenager
You are basically right. But I used to be, I'm now starting to work out now and change my diet.

2003 BMW 325xiT "Audrey"
1987 BMW 325i "Lydia"

Old 06-03-2013, 09:51 AM   #39
dabears

Quote:
You are basically right. But I used to be, I'm now starting to work out now and change my diet.
good, if you are serious about it and want to, make a progress thread and post all your questions / diet & workout plans in there. I wouldn't be close to where I am without mine (and I still have lots of work left)

it holds you accountable if you keep it up, and eventually serves as motivation later on when you can look back and see the changes. this isn't easy, especially at first... it takes a long time to fix bad habits
Old 06-03-2013, 12:03 PM   #40
Marshmallow
Yacht Club Libertarian

That sounds like a good idea. I have (in the past few months) tried to cut out most of this so my diet mainly consists of eggs and lean meats. I don't ingest nearly as much dairy or processed food as I used to either.

2003 BMW 325xiT "Audrey"
1987 BMW 325i "Lydia"