E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-21-2015, 07:26 PM   #1
ben_32

My Ride: Bmw E46 320ci
My 320ci from Croatia

Hello,

Couple of years ago I decided to upgrade my E30 with something a little more modern. Being a BMW nut, no other car brand would do so I started looking and saving to get something more up to date. Having always liked the E46 ever since it was first introduced in 98 my choice was to get a coupe and six cylinder at that. Taxation is pretty high in Croatia and after buying the car they tend to bury you with taxes and fees to put the car on the road. Of course the more powerful the car is the more you pay. But I said screw it, you only live once and I set my sights on getting a 330i or at least 325i. Having searched for about six months and becoming frustrated with the state of the cars that were being sold I stumbled upon an 320ci being advertised for sale in Split. The engine wasn't right but pretty much everything else was good. It was a first owner car with clear and documented service history and only 38000 miles, so mechanically it was like a brand new car. I live in Zagreb so after contacting the seller I traveled to Split to see the car and after inspecting it in a BMW dealership I bought it for about 8000 dollars. When it was new it cost about 50 thousand so it was a good price.

Here are some pictures from the original add.

This is the information on how it left the factory.

Model description: 320CI
Market: Europa
Type: BN11
E-Code: E46 (2)
Chassis: Coupé
Steering: links
Doors: 2
Engine: M54 - 2,20l (125kW)
Drive: Heckantrieb
Transmission: manuell
Body Color: Titansilber Metallic (354)
Upholstery: Stoff Tex 2000/anthrazit (J1AT)
Production date: 22.01.2003
Assembled in: Regensburg

Standard Equipment
Fog lights
Kilometer-calibrated speedometer
On-board computer
Battery in luggage compartment
Language version German

Optional Equipment
EU3 exhaust emissions standard
BMW light-alloy wheel star spokes 44
Alarm system
Warning triangle and first aid kit
Smoker package
Armrest front
Sports seat
Headlight cleaning system
Park Distance Control (PDC)
Xenon Light
Automatic air conditioning
Radio BMW Business (C43)
BMW 6-CD changer I-bus
M leather steering wheel
White direction indicator lights
Data record without EOBD
Retailer Directory Europe
On-board vehicle literature German
Spare wheel

As I sad the car was basically new and except changing the spark plugs, filters and fluids no other mechanical work was needed. That left me with some cash to spend on some other things...
I had no plans on modding the car but I wanted to make it right for me in a way if I had walked in a dealership and ordered the car from the factory.

First I bought BMW ipod connector and connected my 160 GB ipod instead of the cd changer, then I started on the interior and replaced the A and C pillars which weren't in the best of shape after ten years in the Mediterranean sun. Then I installed alu black cube trim, replaced the center console and ashtray. They had some scratches, and I`m pretty fussy so they just had to go. Replaced the cassette player with an Alpine CD unit, changed the gear shift knob, installed chrome rings on the speedometer, m footrest, changed all the cabin lights to led and added new OE velour floor mats.

Having sorted the interior I started with the exterior.

First I installed facelift inner boot lights.

Added OE exhaust chrome tips.

Changed the side indicators as they were a bit faded from the sun.

Cleaned the engine bay.

Having bought the car with 17" style 65 replica wheels I wanted to change them as soon as possible but couldn't decide what wheels to get. I finally decided on style 359 WSP Italy replicas. They are 18" wheels 7,5J ET47 front and 8,5J ET52 rear. Tires are Michelin Pilot Sport PS3, 225/40/18 front, and 255/35/18 rear. I decided to stick with stock factory numbers as the car is a daily driver and the roads where I live aren't that good.

This is how the car looks now.

Future plans are to sort the parking dents on the sides, install harman kardon OE sound system and add M tech 2 body kit.

I apologize for the crappy pictures, I'm working on getting a real camera so I can do the car justice with some quality photos and I will update the thread soon with something that will be more suitable for viewing.._a_

Last edited by ben_32; 04-22-2015 at 04:14 PM.
ben_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-22-2015, 04:20 AM   #2
modjo

My Ride: 330XI
These replicas look good. How good are in reality, you will see after some time only.
modjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 09:23 AM   #3
ben_32

I only bought them a couple of weeks ago, but for now I'm really satisfied.
Haven't heard of anyone having problems with WSP wheels in everyday driving.
Possibly if you take the car on the track there might be some, but since I'm not planning to do that, I think I'll be fine.
Old 04-22-2015, 11:20 AM   #4
jllphan

My Ride: is getting there
Send a message via AIM to jllphan
Looks awesome, much better than when you purchased it! I hope your enjoying the car! I have an e30 and e46 coupe... while they're two COMPLETELY different driving experiences, i still like each one the same for completely different reasons. Would love to see a few more shots of the interior, in particular those seats, they look like cloth sport seats, which I've never seen an a non-M e46.
Old 04-22-2015, 11:51 AM   #5
ben_32

I agree E30 is a great car, mine was only a 4 cylinder 318i, 115 PS, but it was a great car to drive. It didn't have any of the modern luxuries, cause back then everything besides seats and steering wheel was optional. That was the main reason for upgrading to a newer car. Unfortunately I had to sell the old car because I park in the public garage and could get only one parking space.

Here is a picture of my old ride, right before I sold it, basic and stock but still great...

Here are some pictures of the interior.

I still need to get alu black cube door handles but they are crazy expensive..

Last edited by ben_32; 04-22-2015 at 04:28 PM.
Old 04-22-2015, 11:58 AM   #6
ben_32

better exterior pics

Old 08-16-2016, 03:50 AM   #7
ben_32

Here are a couple of new pics.
Reupholstered the steering wheel in nappa leather to go with hand rest and shifter, didn't like the original gloss leather that was on it. it was in pretty good condition but it just didn't fit in the interior. and installed m tech 2 body kit.

Thinking about adding wheel spacers. Wheels are 7,5J ET 47 225/40/18 front and 8,5J ET52 255/35/18 back, how much would be possible to add so the wheels still have enough clearance and don't rub the fenders? Would also like to avoid the tyres sticking outside the fenders.

Last edited by ben_32; 08-16-2016 at 04:51 AM.
Old 08-17-2016, 02:55 AM   #8
BE46N

My Ride: E46 M Sport Coupe
You could go at least 10mm but I wouldn't bother unless you lower her. A wide stance on standard height suspension doesn't look great.
BE46N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 12:47 AM   #9
tuscan1205

My Ride: 325CI
That steering wheel looks great!

'02 Orient Blue 325Ci
tuscan1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 01:09 AM   #10
rexbull44

My Ride: 320 ci
Pozdrav, jako ohladiti E46
rexbull44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 03:53 AM   #11
ben_32

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuscan1205 View Post
That steering wheel looks great!
Thanks, upholsterer did a great job.., and now it complements the interior perfectly.
Old 08-18-2016, 03:59 AM   #12
ben_32

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexbull44 View Post
Pozdrav, jako ohladiti E46
Thank you,

I presume you used google to translate very cool to Croatian.

We use a lot of English phrases in Croatia, and common term is "jako cool" for describing something you like...
Old 08-24-2016, 03:28 PM   #13
///Mostarac

My Ride: 370z & Cbr600rr
Super brate, samo nastavi

Eurowerkz | East Coast
-Benny
///Mostarac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 12:10 PM   #14
ben_32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mostarac View Post
Super brate, samo nastavi

hvala..
Old Yesterday, 05:24 AM   #15
ArchizLV

My Ride: 320Ci
I like how the car looks now, nice!

P.S. BMW doesn't make gloss steering wheels or seats, all factory leather is matt. Over time leather becomes glossy from constant use-body oils/clothes/dirt. If you use some leather cleaners on your leather it will become matt again even steering wheel.