E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Southeast

Southeast
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
AR AL GA FL KY LA MS NC SC TN

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-28-2013, 09:49 PM   #41
choxor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 4,426
My Ride: JDM
This isn't rocket surgery.

You plead not guilty if you're not guilty. "I am not guilty because (insert truth or extenuating circumstance here)". You, however, are guilty as charged. So what you'd be doing is lying. That why you're having such a hard time trying to decide what to tell the judge.

So you can lie and plead not guilty and hope the cop doesn't show up and if he does show up (and he will, you were doing OVER 90 IN A 55), you'll have to switch tactics and feed the judge some BS story. I'm sure he'll love that especially since you have a prior offense in what I can only assume is a very short driving career.

You need to get an attorney or you need to man up and take your punishment. Either way you're going to pay.
__________________

Last edited by choxor; 05-28-2013 at 09:50 PM.
choxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:01 PM   #42
jayinsaney
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 118
My Ride: '02 325i topsaublu
Quote:
Originally Posted by choxor View Post
This isn't rocket surgery.

You plead not guilty if you're not guilty. "I am not guilty because (insert truth or extenuating circumstance here)". You, however, are guilty as charged. So what you'd be doing is lying. That why you're having such a hard time trying to decide what to tell the judge.

So you can lie and plead not guilty and hope the cop doesn't show up and if he does show up (and he will, you were doing OVER 90 IN A 55), you'll have to switch tactics and feed the judge some BS story. I'm sure he'll love that especially since you have a prior offense in what I can only assume is a very short driving career.

You need to get an attorney or you need to man up and take your punishment. Either way you're going to pay.
This is a very good point. Pleading guilty is the right thing to do.
__________________
'02 325i, Auto, Topaz Blue, 144k.
jayinsaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:04 PM   #43
IrunBimmer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Acton
Posts: 364
My Ride: 323i
Super speeding....not sure where to put this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Shooter View Post
Step 1. Get radar detector
Step 2. Slow down
Step 3. ????
Step 4. Profit
1. Radar detector
2. Laser jammers
3. Big ass brakes


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
IrunBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:07 PM   #44
IrunBimmer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Acton
Posts: 364
My Ride: 323i
Super speeding....not sure where to put this.

You shouldn't be worried about the fine; but your insurance the points add up and don't go away for a while. You need to decide pay a ton for insurance or keep speeding and face a possible suspension


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
IrunBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:10 PM   #45
bschillberg710
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: CT, USA
Posts: 90
My Ride: 2002 BMW 325i
I've pleaded not guilty to tickets I've gotten, and each time only had to explain the situation to a prosecutor who was going through a stack of folders of cases. And they instantly offered me a lower fine/dropped it entirely merely for showing up. No police or judge involved whatsoever. Then again that was motor vehicle court, speeding in excess like you were might warrant criminal charges. I'm no lawyer that's just my experience with moving violations.
__________________
2002 325i - Jet Black - 77k mi - Auto
bschillberg710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:31 PM   #46
BobbyC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hartford CT
Posts: 262
My Ride: 2000 328I
You guys are hilarious. Traffic violations are in place to generate revenue for the city/state. It has very little to do with safety. There are many ways to beat it, just search. Let me drop you a bone, speed limits are NOT laws.
BobbyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:31 PM   #47
choxor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 4,426
My Ride: JDM
OP, are you under 21.
__________________
choxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:33 PM   #48
jayinsaney
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 118
My Ride: '02 325i topsaublu
I am over 21, but barely.
__________________
'02 325i, Auto, Topaz Blue, 144k.
jayinsaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:42 PM   #49
choxor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 4,426
My Ride: JDM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayinsaney View Post
I am over 21, but barely.
Well, consider yourself lucky in that respect. If you were under the age of 21 you'd be facing suspension of your license. This is going to be worth 6 points against your license. GA treats it about the same as reckless/aggressive driving. Your best bet is to lawyer up.
__________________

Last edited by choxor; 05-28-2013 at 10:45 PM.
choxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:51 PM   #50
jayinsaney
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 118
My Ride: '02 325i topsaublu
Quote:
Originally Posted by choxor View Post
Well, consider yourself lucky in that respect. If you were under the age of 21 you'd be facing suspension of your license. This is going to be worth 6 points against your license. GA treats it about the same as reckless/aggressive driving. Your best bet is to lawyer up.
Yes, I was just reading about the point system on the DDS website. If I'm not mistaken, one can receive 15 points in 24 months before their license is suspended/revoked? But I'm still worried. 6 points is a considerable amount.
__________________
'02 325i, Auto, Topaz Blue, 144k.

Last edited by jayinsaney; 05-28-2013 at 10:51 PM.
jayinsaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:58 PM   #51
choxor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 4,426
My Ride: JDM
http://www.georgiacourts.org/courts/...e_schedule.php

It says "court only", but I don't know if that's only if you're under 21. Either way, looking at the other fines, I'd assume you'll be paying around $750 or more when you include the super speeder fine, court fees, etc...


Like I said, lawyer up. You may be able get the fine reduced or get points reduced. It's going to cost you either way, but it'll more than likely go a lot better if you have a good lawyer.
__________________

Last edited by choxor; 05-28-2013 at 11:07 PM.
choxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:09 PM   #52
jayinsaney
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 118
My Ride: '02 325i topsaublu
Quote:
Originally Posted by choxor View Post
http://www.georgiacourts.org/courts/...e_schedule.php

It says "court only", but I don't know if that's only if you're under 21. Either way, looking at the other fines, I'd assume you'll be paying around $750 or more when you include the super speeder fine, court fees, etc...


Like I said, lawyer up. You may be able get the fine reduced or get points reduced. It's going to cost you either way, but it'll more than likely go a lot better if you have a good lawyer.
I'm so angry at myself right now. Thank you for the information, though. A lawyer will definitely help, I bet, more than me doing it myself.
__________________
'02 325i, Auto, Topaz Blue, 144k.
jayinsaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:29 PM   #53
Properstyle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: augusta
Posts: 332
My Ride: 2002 SMG M3
I was testing 2013 model Greddy profec on my z32 on a road new my house and did a 3rd gear pull. Completely missed the cop sitting on the service road, took him about 1 1/2 to finally get to my car when I stopped. Got a 85 in a 55 which I still have to pay when I get home but the ticket it self was 450 dollars befor the super speeder fine. My buddy is a state trooper. and he said his CO siad there is no way they could reduce it. becuase it was 30 Over, So to be honest you better get a lawyer, I am lucky my driverlicense is for COLORADO and GA doesn't report to them but you wil be looking at a huge increase in insurance if you don't get a good lawyer.
__________________
My Build..............................................AGT Diffuser group buy
Prince-B

Last edited by Properstyle; 05-28-2013 at 11:32 PM.
Properstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:40 PM   #54
Sven330ci
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Summerfield, Fl
Posts: 108
My Ride: 06 330ci
Re: Super speeding....not sure where to put this.

Recently got a speeding ticket for 16 over in Florida. Paid the fine and took a class online so I wouldn't get points against my license and my insurance didn't go up.
Sven330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:57 AM   #55
jayinsaney
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 118
My Ride: '02 325i topsaublu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Properstyle View Post
I was testing 2013 model Greddy profec on my z32 on a road new my house and did a 3rd gear pull. Completely missed the cop sitting on the service road, took him about 1 1/2 to finally get to my car when I stopped. Got a 85 in a 55 which I still have to pay when I get home but the ticket it self was 450 dollars befor the super speeder fine. My buddy is a state trooper. and he said his CO siad there is no way they could reduce it. becuase it was 30 Over, So to be honest you better get a lawyer, I am lucky my driverlicense is for COLORADO and GA doesn't report to them but you wil be looking at a huge increase in insurance if you don't get a good lawyer.
Oh, wow. I really don't think they will reduce mine either. At this point I am just hoping I don't get charged with reckless driving, etc. I'll call some lawyers later today but any idea on what they typically charge?
__________________
'02 325i, Auto, Topaz Blue, 144k.
jayinsaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:15 AM   #56
Properstyle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: augusta
Posts: 332
My Ride: 2002 SMG M3
a buddy in the Z atl group said all said an done he paid 750 plus the super speeder so I guess you can say 300 dollars is a starting point.
__________________
My Build..............................................AGT Diffuser group buy
Prince-B
Properstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:18 AM   #57
jayinsaney
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 118
My Ride: '02 325i topsaublu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Properstyle View Post
a buddy in the Z atl group said all said an done he paid 750 plus the super speeder so I guess you can say 300 dollars is a starting point.
OH. So $750 for the attorney +$200 for the super speeder= $950. He paid around $950 and that was the end of it? Or is it $750 for the local ticket + $200 super speeder + attorney fees?
__________________
'02 325i, Auto, Topaz Blue, 144k.
jayinsaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:27 AM   #58
Properstyle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: augusta
Posts: 332
My Ride: 2002 SMG M3
300 was the lawyer fee, 420 was the ticket and then he had the super speeder fine and i think lawyer fees, hope thats gives you an idea. these things are cheap. you'd been fine if it wasn't 40+ thats reckless terriory/
__________________
My Build..............................................AGT Diffuser group buy
Prince-B
Properstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:46 AM   #59
jayinsaney
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 118
My Ride: '02 325i topsaublu
Super speeding....not sure where to put this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Properstyle View Post
300 was the lawyer fee, 420 was the ticket and then he had the super speeder fine and i think lawyer fees, hope thats gives you an idea. these things are cheap. you'd been fine if it wasn't 40+ thats reckless terriory/
Ah, shoot.
All these fees aren't due on the court date mentioned on the ticket, correct?


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
'02 325i, Auto, Topaz Blue, 144k.
jayinsaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:22 AM   #60
Properstyle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: augusta
Posts: 332
My Ride: 2002 SMG M3
the super speed fee comes in the mail after you are charged.
__________________
My Build..............................................AGT Diffuser group buy
Prince-B
Properstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use