E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 26 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:42 PM   #221
tiffer

My Ride: E46 320d Touring
Re: Just ordered a Eonon D5150! (New version of Eonon D5113/Enco B146)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnhl1989 View Post
Check the antenna wire itself. My pin was bent and didn't go into the antenna connector correctly which cause static popping. The wires should be fine though. I'll pull my unit out tonight to make a full DIY and add a relay to the canbus.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Can someone post a picture of how the antenna connector is wired.

Would be much appreciated as my radio reception is rubbish.

My pin was also bent when it arrived.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
tiffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:57 PM   #222
Scooby24

My Ride: '03 330i ZHP Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightymorff View Post
I've checked the voltages of the blue "remote turn on" wires pin4 and pin14 both go +12v when the unit is turned on, but when I connect the blue wire on the antenna adapter to any of the other two blue wires it makes no difference to the radio reception, I have an '02 car that has the self powered antenna booster in the c pillar.
When you say your reception, is it bad now?

I've noticed the reception on the D5150 isn't as good as it was on the old unit, but I'm still able to pick up the same stations I was able to previously...just get a bit more static every now and then at the usual signal loss areas (bridges, low valleys, etc) than I was getting on the old unit.

edit: Just saw this on Dynavin's site...assuming that the blue wire on the adapter isn't needed since I have an 03.

Quote:
10: I have an early E46 with the "powered" antenna, Will my radio work?

Some E46s before early 2002 have an antenna that is powered by the factory head unit, when you remove the oem head unit, you remove the power source resulting in sub par radio reception. The fix is to buy a Metra 40-VW53 antenna adapter, connect the blue power wire on it to the red wire in the dynaivn harness. This restores power to the antenna and will improve reception.

Last edited by Scooby24; 06-26-2013 at 04:09 PM.
Scooby24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:14 PM   #223
Mightymorff

My Ride: E46 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby24 View Post
When you say your reception, is it bad now?
Compared to the factory unit, it now only finds the very strong radio signals.
Mightymorff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:21 PM   #224
Scooby24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightymorff View Post
Compared to the factory unit, it now only finds the very strong radio signals.
Interesting...that's not at all the case for mine. Like mentioned, I'm able to get every radio station I was able to before and most come through fine except for the occasional static that I don't remember hearing before...but that might just be a signal loss going through an adapter.

When I was having trouble getting my HU into the dash, I test fitted without the antenna and then I had similarly poor reception, obviously. Only super strong signals could come through.

When you were getting it fitted in, could you have somehow damaged the adapter or kinked the adapter in a way that it wasn't going into the HU straight on?

I cut mine down to the point it wasn't hitting the rear anymore, so it's secured in there straight on with no kinks.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:26 PM   #225
Mightymorff

That is something I will have to check tomorrow, I also have to attach a wire to the dimmer.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:35 PM   #226
Scooby24

I'm really confused on why your all's LCD dimmer isn't working without an additional wire. My 03 doesn't have the auto headlights, have to manually turn them on, and doing so dim's the LCD into night mode without me having added any extra wires or pins. Weird...
Old 06-26-2013, 04:49 PM   #227
Mightymorff

The BMW end of the wiring harness has one wire that doesn't meet with a wire on Eonons plug, when headlights are off it is 0v and when headlights are on it goes +6v.
The wire labelled DIMMER on eonons plug goes to the CANBUS adapter.

out of interest does anyone know what the green wire from the CANBUS to BMW harness is for?
Old 06-27-2013, 03:35 AM   #228
asdetail

My Ride: 2002 325ci coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby24 View Post
I just got this e-mail from EONON to attempt to address the CANBUS issue of randomly switching inputs after turning off. Not sure how this could impact it...but I'll give it a try.

Thanks a lot for your email and kind patience.
Please do not worry, about your this issue, please kindly check it by this way:

1, Turn off your car's ignition switch, then please pull out the DVD
unit's power cable, don't connect the unit.
Then turn on your car's ignition switch, after several minutes, please
connect the DVD unit for checking.

2, Turn off your car's ignition switch and pull out the CAN BUS box,
and just connect the DVD
unit and turn on your car's ignition switch and turn on the unit,
after several minutes,
please connect the CAN BUS box for checking.

Kindly have a check now and tell us the result, so that we can help you better.

Thanks&Best regards
Susan from eonon
got exactly the same response
asdetail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:00 AM   #229
knightrider5000

My Ride: 1999 BMW 323i 4 door
Send a message via Yahoo to knightrider5000
Has ANYONE put a back up camera On the 5051 unit yet, I tried today and the green rca cable does not work the camera when I put it in reverse. I have the hot from the cam going to the reverse signal at the light and the negative to the same cable from the light but it only works if I plug the rca from the camera to the yellow video rca in the back of the unit then when I put my car in reverse the cam works in AUX setting only. The yellow rca is the video in.
Also the wire to use the headlight dimmer, works but you can not adjust the screen brightness setting when the lights are on, so its almost not worth doing if you ever need a brighter screen with lights on. So I may disconnect mine. You can however blacken the whole screen while the headlights are on.
knightrider5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:05 AM   #230
asdetail

My Ride: 2002 325ci coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightrider5000 View Post
Has ANYONE put a back up camera On the 5051 unit yet, I tried today and the green rca cable does not work the camera when I put it in reverse. I have the hot from the cam going to the reverse signal at the light and the negative to the same cable from the light but it only works if I plug the rca from the camera to the yellow video rca in the back of the unit then when I put my car in reverse the cam works in AUX setting only. The yellow rca is the video in.
Also the wire to use the headlight dimmer, works but you can not adjust the screen brightness setting when the lights are on, so its almost not worth doing if you ever need a brighter screen with lights on. So I may disconnect mine. You can however blacken the whole screen while the headlights are on.
have you enabled reverse camera in settings?,mine works ok.
also does anyone know what the "parking boot" setting does?

Last edited by asdetail; 06-27-2013 at 04:07 AM.
asdetail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:17 AM   #231
knightrider5000

yes I think so, Its under setting from home, then camera right? I turned it on but still does not detect my camera when hooked up to the green cable.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:45 AM   #232
limpiabota809

My Ride: 330 XI
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdetail View Post
have you enabled reverse camera in settings?,mine works ok.
also does anyone know what the "parking boot" setting does?
I believe the parking boot is so that you would be able to play DVDs while driving, most people turn that off. If you enable it then you might be required to ground a wire to the handbrake and can only watch DVDs while you're stopped and the handbrake is up

Last edited by limpiabota809; 06-27-2013 at 09:46 AM.
limpiabota809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:38 PM   #233
knightrider5000

Asdetail so your backup cam works when reverse is engaged with the rca plugged into the green rca in the unit? Did you run the 12 v power and ground to the reverse light wires?
Old 06-27-2013, 10:07 PM   #234
knightrider5000

Has Anyone noticed that there cruise control function is GONE NOW? Mine worked before the install and now no function while on the freeway or at all after the 5051 installed. Maybe the controls for the cruisecontrol are wires up to the radio to? I love the unit works good, other than the rear view camera not working other then in aux mode and the cruise control not working, and some errors with the nav running IGO primo. When I get the error I removed the sd card and it went away then put it back in after boot up.

But please guys check your cruise control functions to see if they work as mine do not on my 99 bmw 323i.

Last edited by knightrider5000; 06-27-2013 at 10:08 PM.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:39 PM   #235
tnhl1989

My Ride: 02 330xi(RIP),03 ZHP
Send a message via Skype™ to tnhl1989
Nope mine is working fine. I would say try to unplug the canbus and see if it works again.
tnhl1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:03 AM   #236
knightrider5000

But your car is a 2002 so its different setup then my 99 on the steering wheel Im sure. Ya I will have to try to disconnect the canbus but damn it I just put it all back together for like the 10th time, lol.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:44 AM   #237
tnhl1989

My Ride: 02 330xi(RIP),03 ZHP
Send a message via Skype™ to tnhl1989
Tbd

Last edited by tnhl1989; 06-28-2013 at 07:53 AM.
tnhl1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:39 AM   #238
knightrider5000

Does the Reverse Camera have a wire you need to hook it to on the deck for it to work other than the rca hookup? I got my cam in and it has a red wire on both ends of the rca for what tho? I noticed the radio says on it rearview control wire? Is this have to be powered to the unit for the rear cam to actuate? Would explain the red wires on the rca line, I guess that should be hooked up to the rear reverse light and the radio unit too? Am I right, uugh I hope so I put it back together an dnow need to remove it again fun fun. Also the dimmer can be bypassed to stay on if you scroll the dimmer on the car dimmer toggle down, or in the home/settings don't have headlight detect on. I don't really like it dim even at night so. Also the car does start with aux sometimes dvd and sometimes radio but its not a big deal really for me, alls you have to do is just push radio or the nav button again and it resums from where u left off in memory most the time anyway. Not a big deal, but I still may try the timmer thing wish someone made a video of this unit with that timmer module hooked up to see whats the improvement before I try it.

Last edited by knightrider5000; 06-28-2013 at 05:45 AM.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:54 AM   #239
knightrider5000

When eonon says they will have the techs look into something somehow why do I think they are coming here or other forums for the fixes...
Old 06-28-2013, 07:08 AM   #240
knightrider5000

Can someone here post a video of there unit working with a back up camera? I am on the tech line and they are telling me I need to push aux manually to work the rear camera when its pluged into cable 17 which is Back Sight video input. I can only get the back up camera working in video in cable in the back of the unit the cable 17 green does not work at all.