E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:12 AM   #381
e46ams

My Ride: 325i
Just experienced my first crash today. Happened while switching from Nav (IGo Primo 2.4) to Radio.
e46ams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:22 AM   #382
Scooby24

My Ride: '03 330i ZHP Sedan
The nav board is using entirely different hardware from what I understand so I can see why crashing would be a problem switching.. I haven't had a crash since the first day I got the unit, but I've also been fairly careful and trying to switch out of nav. I pretty much set my source and music and then go into NAV and leave it until ready to exit it.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:36 AM   #383
eljay

My Ride: ///M
No issues here using iGO Primo 2.4, but I always let it load fully before switching back.

Occasionally, I do get a weird error when playing music from SD card. The error is: "Warning: do not watch to master!"

LOL
No idea why it happens, but I think it has something to do with the fact that I left album artwork in the folders when I copied them to the SD card, so when I'm switching folders, I sometimes accidentally touch the jpg file and it crashes. Simple press of Home button and then SD again solves this, btw.
eljay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:42 AM   #384
Scooby24

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljay View Post
No issues here using iGO Primo 2.4, but I always let it load fully before switching back.

Occasionally, I do get a weird error when playing music from SD card. The error is: "Warning: do not watch to master!"

LOL
No idea why it happens, but I think it has something to do with the fact that I left album artwork in the folders when I copied them to the SD card, so when I'm switching folders, I sometimes accidentally touch the jpg file and it crashes. Simple press of Home button and then SD again solves this, btw.
That's the same error you get if you try to watch DVD's without disabling the brake setting.

Try disabling that, bet that problem will go away.
Old 07-24-2013, 02:49 PM   #385
tiffer

My Ride: E46 320d Touring
Re: Just ordered a Eonon D5150! (New version of Eonon D5113/Enco B146)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby24 View Post
That's the same error you get if you try to watch DVD's without disabling the brake setting.

Try disabling that, bet that problem will go away.
Yeah. That will work. It seems that if it finds any image files or certain music file formats it thinks you are trying to show a video.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
tiffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:52 PM   #386
tiffer

Anyone having problems with the gps sd card slot ?

Mine has stopped working and will not recognise any cards.

I am going to try the reset button and see if that sorts it.

Old 07-24-2013, 03:55 PM   #387
tiffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffer View Post
Anyone having problems with the gps sd card slot ?

Mine has stopped working and will not recognise any cards.

I am going to try the reset button and see if that sorts it.

Nope. That didn't work. The reset button disappeared inside the unit.

Plan B now.

Try eonon support and see what they say.

Wish me luck

Old 07-24-2013, 09:40 PM   #388
Scooby24

I got the cheap eBay backup camera installed tonight. It did require trimming and removal of the black plastic in the license plate housing as well as some trimming of the camera housing itself but its sitting in there good and snug now. I've only tested the function and still need to fish the video cable through the car but it seems to work well. Quality is pretty good and the function is perfect. Reverse triggers the camera and reverse light powers it.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:01 AM   #389
eljay

My Ride: ///M
Quote:
I got the cheap eBay backup camera installed tonight. It did require trimming and removal of the black plastic in the license plate housing as well as some trimming of the camera housing itself but its sitting in there good and snug now. I've only tested the function and still need to fish the video cable through the car but it seems to work well. Quality is pretty good and the function is perfect. Reverse triggers the camera and reverse light powers it.
Can you please share how you wired it? Does it require the canbus box to be connected?
I don't have canbus, so I'm hoping to wire it directly, but want to make sure the unit turns to the reverse camera input when in reverse etc.
Thanks!
eljay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:35 PM   #390
martin010

My Ride: 316ti
Bad radio reception

Hi All,

I just installed a DS5150 in my 316ti (12-2002), and ran into some problems..
First of all, it doesn't fit. The antenna and iPod cables are to big, so the unit doesn't slide in. I decided not to use the iPad cable, and removed the rubber protection from the antenna, and now the unit barely fits..

Besides that, the reception is really crap.. I browsed thru all forums, tried all options (with/without the blue ANT cable).. No joy.

Strange thing is, when I was playing with the adapter, sometimes the reception went to crystal clear, but that lasted for a few seconds..

Put it all back, and said to say, really crap radio reception.

Anyone have an idea what to do, its driving me nuts..

Thanks!
martin010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:57 PM   #391
Scooby24

The reception issues are most likely just bad adapters.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:31 PM   #392
Scooby24

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljay View Post
Can you please share how you wired it? Does it require the canbus box to be connected?
I don't have canbus, so I'm hoping to wire it directly, but want to make sure the unit turns to the reverse camera input when in reverse etc.
Thanks!
Wiring is pretty simple actually. LED light has Red going to gray wires, black going to orange. Those wires are chain so you'll connect the two gray to the red and the two orange to the black and you're good.

The camera wires to the reverse light. Red goes to wire with blue strip, can't forget the color for ground.

Two hurdles to overcome is trimming the camera and housing and then the A/V cable.

I did that this morning and it was quite time consuming. Pulling off the trim to fish the wire down the side of the car was pretty straight forward but then fishing the wire up through the rubber loom was not fun. VERY stiff and working with a wire coat hanger isn't easy when you're trying to pull and it's wrapped around your hand. The harder you pull the more it crushes your hand. You have to slowly massage then pull.

I took my time though and really wrapped the cable good to prevent damage, as well as hooking a loop through the wire coat hanger and tieing it to the base of the connector as well as at the top. so when you pulled, it pulled on the base of the connector and didn't lose grip. I just used twine, then wrapped it all in electrical tape. I used petroleum jelly to help squeeze it through but honestly it didn't do much I'm sure.

There's a maybe 1 to 2 second delay when switching to reverse before the camera displays which is a little annoying since by that time I've already started reversing usually, but overall, it's a great addition that will help me ensure I know where my rear bumper is. Since I'm fairly low, it will help me back up to curbs without worrying about busting my exhaust or bumper on it.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:38 AM   #393
martin010

My Ride: 316ti
Quote:
The reception issues are most likely just bad adapters.
So would this mean that the supplied adapter by EONON is just not working, or faulty?

I found this on ebay, would that be an option? because I noticed the adapter that came with the unit seems to have some 'box' in between..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PC5-100-BMW-...item19d86cf291
martin010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:03 PM   #394
e46ams

My Ride: 325i
I'm having issue with the sorting of the phonebook. Does anybody have any suggestion? I have an iPhone5
e46ams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:41 PM   #395
Scooby24

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin010 View Post
So would this mean that the supplied adapter by EONON is just not working, or faulty?

I found this on ebay, would that be an option? because I noticed the adapter that came with the unit seems to have some 'box' in between..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PC5-100-BMW-...item19d86cf291
The adapter that came with ours has a power lead which is only necessary on 01 and older models. 02 and newer have self powered antenna amps and only need an adapter. I just ordered a metra 40-eu10 adapter to see if reception improves with it. I will report back.
Old 07-28-2013, 02:33 PM   #396
beasted86

My Ride: '02 BMW 325i
Can anybody here give updates on resolving these known issues:

1) Random start-up modes / Steering wheel CAN bus
2) Night/Day Illumination
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:37 AM   #397
E46AUS

My Ride: 2004 325Ci
For those with Sat Nav or a screen in the dash that did this install and had to run a FAKRA or other cable from the trunk to the unit, what did you use for an antenna extension? I bought my extension cable from eBay (this one: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/171041575...84.m1497.l2649 ) but it does not seem to have the antenna extension too. I have a 2004 325Ci. Any ideas team?
E46AUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:59 AM   #398
Scooby24

Wow.

E-mail I just got back from EONON on my request for update on the CAN bus fix:

Quote:
Hi Greg, you need to buy a new CAN BUS box, then it will solve it.

Thanks a lot.
Susan
Nice. So...sell us a CAN bus that's defective and then tell us to buy a new one to fix the issue. Classy. Real classy.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:35 PM   #399
Mightymorff

My Ride: E46 316
Quote:
Wow.

Nice. So...sell us a CAN bus that's defective and then tell us to buy a new one to fix the issue. Classy. Real classy.
is that not an admission that there product is faulty?
Mightymorff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:52 PM   #400
tnhl1989

My Ride: 02 330xi(RIP),03 ZHP
Send a message via Skype™ to tnhl1989
Quote:
Wow.

After talking to Susan this is what I got from her about your situation -
Hi Greg, yes, we can replace it for you. But you need to return it back to us first by yourself, then can we replace it for you. But at the same time, it will take a long time for you to wait for it.
So this why we arrange you to buy a new one.

If you agree to return it back to us by yourself, we will provide the return address for you soon.

Thanks a lot.
Susan
tnhl1989 is offline   Reply With Quote