E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:01 PM   #401
Scooby24

My Ride: '03 330i ZHP Sedan
Yeah I just got that email. So they have a new canbus that fixes the issue and we have two choices....pay for a new one or wait forever while I ship back my defective one first and then wait for the new one to arrive.

I guess if the new one is cheap enough ill buy it, but I'm reading now that they had a fixed canbus available when they were selling the 5113. Why did that fix not make it into the 5150 units?
Old 07-30-2013, 10:29 AM   #402
MathewM3

My Ride: BMW M3 E46
I think I have just made my mind up with buying a Dynavin D99+. Seems to be a bit to much hassle with this retailer.
MathewM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:43 AM   #403
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
This thread makes me sad (sort of....)

MathewM3 makes me happy

(couldn't resist...)

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 07-30-2013 at 02:17 PM.
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:36 PM   #404
beasted86

My Ride: '02 BMW 325i
Re: Just ordered a Eonon D5150! (New version of Eonon D5113/Enco B146)

As soon as somebody finds a fix for the CAN bus and illumination and they lower the price back to $350, I might be tempted to buy one of these. Neither this nor the Dynavin have what I want (Sirius integration) but at that price I might be willing to put up with using it with a universal Sirius RDS adapter add on (DICE UNI200 ~$100). At the Dynavin price point I rather just go OEM and get what I'm really looking for.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Last edited by beasted86; 07-30-2013 at 12:38 PM.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:53 PM   #405
Scooby24

I don't want to jump the gun just yet but my Metra 40-eu10 antenna adapter came today and it's MUCH higher quality than the one eonon provides. It's a thicker cable and it needs no modification to get the head unit back in the housing. Just plug in, bend the cable to the left with all the aux cables and attach to the OEM connector.

Only initially tested but stations that were a bit spotty with the eonon adapter were coming through loud and clear with the car in the garage with the metra. No fading in and out of signal like they were doing previously

For 10 dollars, it's worth giving it a shot for you guys with signal issues.

http://www.amazon.com/Metra-40-EU10-...=metra+40-eu10

Last edited by Scooby24; 07-30-2013 at 12:54 PM.
Scooby24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:05 PM   #406
limpiabota809

My Ride: 330 XI
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb325@DynavinSystems View Post

MathewM3 makes me happy
Lol
Old 07-30-2013, 07:45 PM   #407
WOLFN8TR
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 05 330CI ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
As soon as somebody finds a fix for the CAN bus and illumination and they lower the price back to $350, I might be tempted to buy one of these.
For $350 I can live with these two issues. I offered $350 on Eonon's ebay store a week ago when it was listed for $999 and the accepted. Ships next week.

Last edited by WOLFN8TR; 07-30-2013 at 07:46 PM.
WOLFN8TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:19 AM   #408
Bimmersoul

My Ride: 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb325@DynavinSystems View Post

MathewM3 makes me happy

(couldn't resist...)

Well, I would like to mention (for the ones feeling discouraged) that for $300+, this is an awesome device!

Regardless of shortcomings... none are neglecting the awesome sound and still we can enjoy (wireless or wired) streaming Pandora, SD/MP3 music, make/receive calls and use the navigation...

Yes, there are better devices out there; in fact, my son has a Pioneer that has much-much more great features and the software is more eye candy but... none fit in our dashboard as OEM-like.

This thread should not make any one sad.. hahaha... or discouraged. Only jeffb325@DynavinSystems gets sad because the more that we post; perhaps EONON will attempt to upgrade more. This device cannot be compared with the Dynavin... not fair since they both are not on the same league. This device allow us to have lots of great features at a low price... we get what we pay for AND... the shortcomings... everyone here has stated that we can live with that; in fact, must of us bought it even though we read all those shortcomings!

FYI, I installed on a 2001 330i production date 8/2001.
Installed my D5150 (with EONON's supplied navigation-KUDOS), used an eBay antenna Euro-USA converter, switched the blue wires and works well.
I have been using it for little over a month with not a single freeze or problem... but... I do have, as expected, the not dimming issue, and the startup issue of not turning on at the last device used; however, mine is a little different like most posted here. Upon start up, it shows the "Input" option for a brief one or two seconds and then goes in to the radio. Since I do use the radio frequently, it does not bother me... always starts on radio and at the last radio station used...
Bimmersoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:21 AM   #409
Scooby24

new can bus is 57 shipped via fedex. I'm not happy about that, but compared to the alternative of having the source change on me all the time or wait for ridiculously slow shipping to and from for RMA of the old can bus....I'll pay the money.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:22 PM   #410
WOLFN8TR
OEM ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby24 View Post
new can bus is 57 shipped via fedex. I'm not happy about that.
New and improved Can Bus or New same as before? I wonder if they are addressing this issue currently. Maybe this is the reason there is No stock until next week. Hmmm....

Last edited by WOLFN8TR; 07-31-2013 at 01:29 PM.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:28 PM   #411
Scooby24

[QUOTE=WOLFN8TR;15610181]
Quote:
new can bus is 57 shipped via fedex. I'm not happy about that./QUOTE]

New and improved Can Bus or New same as before? I wonder if they are addressing this issue currently. Maybe this is the reason there is No stock until next week. Hmmm....
new and improved can bus. Though in reading some other forums, this 'new and improved' can bus was actually available months ago for folks who complained with the D5113. Guys were reporting getting a new can bus that fixed the random input issue....

Sounds like they continued to provide the old can bus with the 5150 units and either took too much time to restock the new can bus units or intentionally withheld them to sell them after the fact for additional revenue.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:45 PM   #412
WOLFN8TR
OEM ///Member

Interesting. Sounds like another way to make some money. Hopefully my 5150 comes with the "New" one.
Old 08-01-2013, 12:35 PM   #413
WOLFN8TR
OEM ///Member

Dear eonon,

Hello,

Can you tell me when the Eonon D5150 comes back in stock will it have the "Newer" Can Bus installed? Apparently after reading several BMW forums several people are complaining about the random start ups. Thanks...

Here's a quote from one of the Eonon D5150 owners on a BMW forum.

( There is a New and Improved Can Bus available from Eonon for $57 shipped. Though in reading some other forums, this "New and Improved" Can Bus was actually available months ago for folks who complained with the D5113. Guys were reporting getting a new Can Bus that fixed the random start up input issue.
Sounds like they continued to provide the old Can Bus with the D5150 units and either took too much time to restock the new Can Bus units or intentionally withheld them to sell them after the fact for additional revenue. )

- wolfn8tr

Response:

Dear wolfn8tr,

Thank you for your email.

The unit will be available in the August 8th.
Will come back to you with the tracking NO. it with the new can bus box.

Hope you have a nice day

Sincerely,
Teddy

Last edited by WOLFN8TR; 08-02-2013 at 06:58 PM.
Old 08-02-2013, 04:19 AM   #414
Scooby24

Holy bait and switch. And for a can bus that doesn't fix the issue! No thanks.
Quote:
Hi Greg, one of our customer has bought the a new CAN BUS box, but it
does not solved the problem.
In fact, they also need to exchange the power cable too.
So the price of the power cable and the can bus box is 60USD.
So you still need to send us the difference is 23USD.
Could you please send the 23USD to us? So that we can book the new can
bus box and the power cable for you together soon.

Your kind understanding will be very appreciated.

Thanks a lot.
Susan

Last edited by Scooby24; 08-02-2013 at 04:19 AM.
Scooby24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:01 AM   #415
eljay

My Ride: ///M
Quote:
I don't want to jump the gun just yet but my Metra 40-eu10 antenna adapter came today and it's MUCH higher quality than the one eonon provides. It's a thicker cable and it needs no modification to get the head unit back in the housing. Just plug in, bend the cable to the left with all the aux cables and attach to the OEM connector.

Only initially tested but stations that were a bit spotty with the eonon adapter were coming through loud and clear with the car in the garage with the metra. No fading in and out of signal like they were doing previously

For 10 dollars, it's worth giving it a shot for you guys with signal issues.

http://www.amazon.com/Metra-40-EU10-...=metra+40-eu10
That's great news!
Can you confirm the improvement outside in daily driving? If it works, I'll get one too and perhaps throw in a backup camera while I have the unit out.
eljay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:28 PM   #416
Scooby24

Eh...improvement is minor if at all. Seems reception quality is a fault with the unit.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:35 PM   #417
javanutsy

My Ride: 04 330Ci 6SP ZSP ZPP
Quote:
Eh...improvement is minor if at all. Seems reception quality is a fault with the unit.
But might be worth it just so that it is easier to get unit to sit flush with dash? I think i tried pushing in the receiver so hard, the whole antenna receptacle is now skewed to the right...
Old 08-02-2013, 06:39 PM   #418
asdetail

My Ride: 2002 325ci coupe
radio reception is definitely inferior to the d5113, looks like they fixed some problems and added some new ones with the upgrade,however overall,considering the price,it was worth the upgrade.

I am betting that an external antenna on the vehicle would fix the reception problems,i don't have a lot of faith in the internal rear glass antenna,but I guess there wouldn't be too many forum members prepared to commit such sacrilege on their beloved bmw's,i know I would not!.
The clearance issues that many are experiencing behind the head unit with the connectors must be a LHD drive issue because I have had no such problems with my RHD coupe.

Last edited by asdetail; 08-02-2013 at 06:48 PM.
asdetail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:03 PM   #419
asdetail

My Ride: 2002 325ci coupe
I am going to order one of these http://www.ryda.com.au/Aerpro-AP3421...r-p/ap3421.htm I think I will help the radio reception issues hopefully.
asdetail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 06:03 AM   #420
alibusoul

My Ride: TiAg e46 Vert
I tried offering $350 about a week ago and never got a reply.. trying again! **fingers crossed** To me, just the appearance of the unit is worth the $350 lol