E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:35 PM   #61
Ballen02xi

My Ride: 02 325xi
I have sound !! Take that dynavin +$300 in my pocket!

I owe @esberelias a lot with his wisdom i was able to fix the audio problem ....Eonon was not smart enough to color code their wire so the have 2 blue ones and basically they switched pin 3( Power amplifier control ) with pin 14( Auto antenna power) labled:"ANT". just cut and swap the wires and you have audio !!! i will continue 2 test this product. I basically owe esberelias a review vid ...if i have time i will make video.

bring on the questions!
Ballen02xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:30 AM   #62
tiffer

My Ride: E46 320d Touring
Re: Just ordered a Eonon D5150! (New version of Eonon D5113/Enco B146)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetLif3 View Post
What exactly do you need in order to do this install? I have a 2005 325Ci without nav.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
All you need is the correct ac relocation panel, a philips screw driver, a quick search on YouTube for an install video and some time a patience.

Make sure you get the correct ac relocation panel though.

See this link http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/...fitted-t13389/

Hope this helps

tiffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:10 AM   #63
tiffer

My Ride: E46 320d Touring
Re: Just ordered a Eonon D5150! (New version of Eonon D5113/Enco B146)

Quick tip thanks to the guys at mazda3forums

http://www.mazda3forums.com/showthread.php?t=454521

Summary.
Get a 2GB micro sd card and format.
DO NOT USE YOUR SATNAV MEMORY CARD !!!
Create a directory called wallpaper on the newly formatted micro sd card
Get you favourite image and save as a png file with a resolution of 800x480. (I used a program called irfanview to do this)
Copy the file into the wallpaper directory on the micro sd card.
Head out to your car and take out your satnav micro sd card from the slot.
Put the card with the wallpaper directory on it into the gps card slot.
Power Up the unit.
Go to settings and then backgrounds.
The picture you saved will now be at the end of the list of available backgrounds.

Not useful but cool.
Chris

Last edited by tiffer; 06-11-2013 at 07:19 AM.
tiffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:20 AM   #64
Barthanes

My Ride: BMW
Hi guys,

I recently purchased the Eonon D5150e and so far it has been working perfectly fine for me (minus a few issues but this will be explained shorly).

The Satnav Kudos comes with it and its look alright, but I stuck with iGO Primo and this is a much smoother experience compared to the Dynavin D95 V5 unit I had before. My signal locks on a lot quicker and the interface is a lot smoother with no stuttering.

One of the things that annoyed me about the Dynavin D95 was that you couldn't listen to music via bluetooth at the same time the sat nav was on as this would just cut out and go to radio automatically and the steering wheel controls would default to the radio but the Eonon solves this and i am now able to listen to music via bluetooth and control it with the steering wheel when the sat nav is running.

Aux port works as it should, nothing to report there except that I'm going to try and get an RCA cable so I can output my iPod.

USB works fine, it read my 64gb USB3 stick (formatted to FAT32) fine, took a few minutes to load up fully though but it displayed my music in the correct folders (Artist -> Album) the one thing was that I couldn't seem to go up and down via the steering wheel though? not sure whether this was due to having the USB select folder view rather than music view.

I haven't tried the SD card slot yet, will try it at some point though.

iPod - this part isn't working for me, but i think this is due to using the original dynavin cable and an extention cable on top of it, i am going to connect the original ipod cable at some point without the extenstion and see how i get on.

Radio works fine with good signal strength.

No random start up issues either.

If there is anything else you want to know just let me know!

Cheers

Last edited by Barthanes; 06-11-2013 at 04:21 AM.
Barthanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:57 AM   #65
esberelias

My Ride: '03 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballen02xi View Post
I owe @esberelias a lot with his wisdom i was able to fix the audio problem ....Eonon was not smart enough to color code their wire so the have 2 blue ones and basically they switched pin 3( Power amplifier control ) with pin 14( Auto antenna power) labled:"ANT". just cut and swap the wires and you have audio !!! i will continue 2 test this product. I basically owe esberelias a review vid ...if i have time i will make video.

bring on the questions!

Sweeeeeet!!! Glad I could help! when I read your post it rang soo many bells from my teenage days when I used to install aftermarket HU and subs and made that mistake like 3 of 4 times with the blue wire LOL just sad that Eonon got that wrong

and YES please make a video I wouldn't mind seeing that puppy in action until i'm able to get mine put in next couple of weeks

Check out my ride

Last edited by esberelias; 06-11-2013 at 07:59 AM.
esberelias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:57 AM   #66
eljay

My Ride: ///M
It's hard to tell from the above pictures, but it seems that the backlighting matches the interior orange lights. Can you guys post some pictures of how the home screen looks with the headlights turned on? I seem to think that it's too blue for the rest of the interior. Can the font and menu color be changed to an orange theme?
eljay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:59 AM   #67
esberelias

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljay View Post
It's hard to tell from the above pictures, but it seems that the backlighting matches the interior orange lights. Can you guys post some pictures of how the home screen looks with the headlights turned on? I seem to think that it's too blue for the rest of the interior. Can the font and menu color be changed to an orange theme?
couple posts up it tells you how to change the wallpaper...

just put a BMW logo or something orangy to match everything else

Check out my ride
Old 06-11-2013, 08:03 AM   #68
esberelias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barthanes View Post
Hi guys,

I recently purchased the Eonon D5150e and so far it has been working perfectly fine for me (minus a few issues but this will be explained shorly).

The Satnav Kudos comes with it and its look alright, but I stuck with iGO Primo and this is a much smoother experience compared to the Dynavin D95 V5 unit I had before. My signal locks on a lot quicker and the interface is a lot smoother with no stuttering.

One of the things that annoyed me about the Dynavin D95 was that you couldn't listen to music via bluetooth at the same time the sat nav was on as this would just cut out and go to radio automatically and the steering wheel controls would default to the radio but the Eonon solves this and i am now able to listen to music via bluetooth and control it with the steering wheel when the sat nav is running.

Aux port works as it should, nothing to report there except that I'm going to try and get an RCA cable so I can output my iPod.

USB works fine, it read my 64gb USB3 stick (formatted to FAT32) fine, took a few minutes to load up fully though but it displayed my music in the correct folders (Artist -> Album) the one thing was that I couldn't seem to go up and down via the steering wheel though? not sure whether this was due to having the USB select folder view rather than music view.

I haven't tried the SD card slot yet, will try it at some point though.

iPod - this part isn't working for me, but i think this is due to using the original dynavin cable and an extention cable on top of it, i am going to connect the original ipod cable at some point without the extenstion and see how i get on.

Radio works fine with good signal strength.

No random start up issues either.

If there is anything else you want to know just let me know!

Cheers
that sounds awesome! yeah I would say the iPod issue is because of the cable... use the one that came with the deck and you'll be fine... as far as the 64GB thumb drive.... Well that's just great! even on the website it says only up to 16GB will work.... How are the load times on the 64GB??

Check out my ride
Old 06-11-2013, 08:25 AM   #69
Barthanes

Quote:
Originally Posted by esberelias View Post
that sounds awesome! yeah I would say the iPod issue is because of the cable... use the one that came with the deck and you'll be fine... as far as the 64GB thumb drive.... Well that's just great! even on the website it says only up to 16GB will work.... How are the load times on the 64GB??

The load times are around 2-3 minutes (it felt that long at least, i never actually timed it) this is with around 30gb of music on the stick as well.

One thing I cannot get to work is in settings -> steering wheel

You are meant to be able to map what keys where manually, i tried to map a key (it asks you to long press the button) but it doesn't seem to pick up key even though i know the button works as it changes the equalizer for the music.

That's the only main issue so far.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:28 AM   #70
esberelias

Quote:
The load times are around 2-3 minutes (it felt that long at least, i never actually timed it) this is with around 30gb of music on the stick as well.

One thing I cannot get to work is in settings -> steering wheel

You are meant to be able to map what keys where manually, i tried to map a key (it asks you to long press the button) but it doesn't seem to pick up key even though i know the button works as it changes the equalizer for the music.

That's the only main issue so far.
yeahh that sounds about right... I had a 16GB with about 8GB of music and it would take like 45 seconds...

can you change tracks at all with the keys? or nothing works?

change the EQ thru the steering wheel?

Check out my ride
Old 06-11-2013, 08:33 AM   #71
Barthanes

Quote:
yeahh that sounds about right... I had a 16GB with about 8GB of music and it would take like 45 seconds...

can you change tracks at all with the keys? or nothing works?

change the EQ thru the steering wheel?

You can change tracks using the steering wheel and put the volume up and down (the track changing has only been tested with the radio station and bluetooth music so far) I've yet to test the ipod, but imagine it'll be fine.

I didn't try changing tracks through the steering wheel when connected via usb, i was too busy focused on trying to change the folder via steering wheel but that never worked. I imagine volume changing is fine though.

On the steering wheel you have the button that has a face talking, this appears to be mapped to changing the audio equalizer and i wanted to change it to mute instead but i failed to do this.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:43 AM   #72
eljay

Quote:
couple posts up it tells you how to change the wallpaper...

just put a BMW logo or something orangy to match everything else
Ah, I see now!
Looking at all the screenshots on their website made it look like only the home screen's background can be changed, but now I see that the same background is there for all modes (behind radio, BT, iPod etc.). That's great!
I just installed a used Enco B146, but I think I'll switch to this unit.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:38 AM   #73
bcw448

My Ride: 2000 BMW 323ci coupe
Quote:
Hi guys,

Are there any USB ports at the back of the unit like the one on the D5113? Thx.
bcw448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:18 PM   #74
esberelias

Quote:
Ah, I see now!
Looking at all the screenshots on their website made it look like only the home screen's background can be changed, but now I see that the same background is there for all modes (behind radio, BT, iPod etc.). That's great!
I just installed a used Enco B146, but I think I'll switch to this unit.
yeep.. I have the D5113u which is basicly the Enco B146 and my new 5150 should be in tomorrow hope I'm home in time for delivery!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcw448 View Post
Are there any USB ports at the back of the unit like the one on the D5113? Thx.
on Eonon's website it shows that there is one USB port in the back.... Hmm.. the only one had 2... one for the GPS side

Check out my ride

Last edited by esberelias; 06-11-2013 at 02:23 PM.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:42 AM   #75
valenti

My Ride: Rated M
mine arrived today.. i'll make some videos when i get around trouble shooting all the little quirks.. everything is working fine as of now, except that its not firing my stock HK subs. The sound quality of the main speakers is improved over stock, but for some reason the HK subs in the trunk dont work now. Any ideas ? Previously i had a pioneer deck installed and it would fire the HK subs no problem.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:02 AM   #76
eljay

Quote:
Originally Posted by valenti View Post
mine arrived today.. i'll make some videos when i get around trouble shooting all the little quirks.. everything is working fine as of now, except that its not firing my stock HK subs. The sound quality of the main speakers is improved over stock, but for some reason the HK subs in the trunk dont work now. Any ideas ? Previously i had a pioneer deck installed and it would fire the HK subs no problem.
Try the solution mentioned above. I seems the amp trigger wire is not where it's supposed to be.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:41 AM   #77
esberelias

Quote:
Try the solution mentioned above. I seems the amp trigger wire is not where it's supposed to be.
It's only the subs not working..

the trigger wire is fine if the rest of the speakers are working... the whole car is amped.

Check out my ride
Old 06-12-2013, 09:30 AM   #78
limpiabota809

My Ride: 330 XI
If its aftermarket subs check your RCA cables
Old 06-12-2013, 10:45 AM   #79
valenti

My Ride: Rated M
yeah its oem HK subs.. not after market
Old 06-12-2013, 10:52 AM   #80
limpiabota809