E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:05 AM   #81
valenti

My Ride: Rated M
Quote:
Originally Posted by limpiabota809 View Post
you checked your fuses?
dont think its a fuse issue, as when i plug in the OEM head unit, the subs start to fire again.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:28 PM   #82
shahbaz99

My Ride: Clean 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by valenti View Post
dont think its a fuse issue, as when i plug in the OEM head unit, the subs start to fire again.
theres a "Sub Out" line on the unit. maybe that needs to be connected to something. Or maybe you just need to go through some settings and turn on the sub or turn up the sub volume. Have you msged Eonon? If I have the same issue then ill definitely get them involved.

Last edited by shahbaz99; 06-12-2013 at 12:29 PM.
shahbaz99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:37 PM   #83
valenti

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahbaz99 View Post
theres a "Sub Out" line on the unit. maybe that needs to be connected to something. Or maybe you just need to go through some settings and turn on the sub or turn up the sub volume. Have you msged Eonon? If I have the same issue then ill definitely get them involved.
I've messaged eonon and they have yet to reply. Its kinda weird because you'd think as long as there's front left, front right, rear left, rear right sound, then the subs should work as the signal is just coming from those. The amp is working, and the signals are getting to the amp.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:50 PM   #84
valenti

update: upon further inspection, it does seem like the subs are firing. It seems like it may be due to the fact that the bass is crisper, that I felt like the subs were not firing. I found it much more pleasing to the ear to move the bias to the rear by 2, and now it sounds perfect, with crisp bass. I will most likely put in a small 10inch for a bit more oomph, but for now it sounds great.

so heres a list of the problems i've had so far.

1. The antenna adapter supplied doesn't fit my car, seems like it is for the 02+
2. The audio wasn't working with USB/DVD but was working with Radio/Bluetooth. The fix was to swap the blue wire in the harness with the blue wire that wasn't going anywhere, labelled ANT1.
3. Bluetooth phone book seems to be in a random order. This may be due to the fact that I have no contacts on my phone, and have Google Sync setup, most likely due to the headunit reading the hashed ID of the contact rather than sorting by the name.

edit:

4. This was not their fault but, there is a little gap between the microSD card reader and where the card slides in. I bought the included maps which i hear were crap, and when i put in the microSD, i accidentally wedged it in above the reader and it got stuck there. Had to use a pair of needle nose pliers to pull it out and in the process, i broke it lol. I went to walmart and bought a sandisk 4gb sd card for $6 and loaded iGo and everything is butter smooth.

Last edited by valenti; 06-12-2013 at 01:15 PM.
valenti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:41 PM   #85
limpiabota809

My Ride: 330 XI
Quote:
update: upon further inspection, it does seem like the subs are firing. It seems like it may be due to the fact that the bass is crisper, that I felt like the subs were not firing. I found it much more pleasing to the ear to move the bias to the rear by 2, and now it sounds perfect, with crisp bass. I will most likely put in a small 10inch for a bit more oomph, but for now it sounds great.

so heres a list of the problems i've had so far.

1. The antenna adapter supplied doesn't fit my car, seems like it is for the 02+
2. The audio wasn't working with USB/DVD but was working with Radio/Bluetooth. The fix was to swap the blue wire in the harness with the blue wire that wasn't going anywhere, labelled ANT1.
3. Bluetooth phone book seems to be in a random order. This may be due to the fact that I have no contacts on my phone, and have Google Sync setup, most likely due to the headunit reading the hashed ID of the contact rather than sorting by the name.

edit:

4. This was not their fault but, there is a little gap between the microSD card reader and where the card slides in. I bought the included maps which i hear were crap, and when i put in the microSD, i accidentally wedged it in above the reader and it got stuck there. Had to use a pair of needle nose pliers to pull it out and in the process, i broke it lol. I went to walmart and bought a sandisk 4gb sd card for $6 and loaded iGo and everything is butter smooth.
Glad to hear everything worked our dude 6$ for a 4gb ad card is good stuff
Old 06-12-2013, 03:44 PM   #86
bcw448

My Ride: 2000 BMW 323ci coupe
Quote:
1. The antenna adapter supplied doesn't fit my car, seems like it is for the 02+ ........................................
What you need is an antenna adapter like this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290906068999...84.m1439.l2649

Don't need to buy the expensive $40.00+ OEM BMW adapter, the above $5.00 adapter works great for me.
bcw448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:55 PM   #87
valenti

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcw448 View Post
What you need is an antenna adapter like this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290906068999...84.m1439.l2649

Don't need to buy the expensive $40.00+ OEM BMW adapter, the above $5.00 adapter works great for me.
yepp, used that on a previous aftermarket stereo i had.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:21 PM   #88
Kenbobo

My Ride: e46
Can somebody please upload a video while using the unit?
Kenbobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:35 PM   #89
tiffer

My Ride: E46 320d Touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barthanes View Post
Hi guys,

I recently purchased the Eonon D5150e and so far it has been working perfectly fine for me (minus a few issues but this will be explained shorly).

The Satnav Kudos comes with it and its look alright, but I stuck with iGO Primo and this is a much smoother experience compared to the Dynavin D95 V5 unit I had before. My signal locks on a lot quicker and the interface is a lot smoother with no stuttering.

One of the things that annoyed me about the Dynavin D95 was that you couldn't listen to music via bluetooth at the same time the sat nav was on as this would just cut out and go to radio automatically and the steering wheel controls would default to the radio but the Eonon solves this and i am now able to listen to music via bluetooth and control it with the steering wheel when the sat nav is running.

Aux port works as it should, nothing to report there except that I'm going to try and get an RCA cable so I can output my iPod.

USB works fine, it read my 64gb USB3 stick (formatted to FAT32) fine, took a few minutes to load up fully though but it displayed my music in the correct folders (Artist -> Album) the one thing was that I couldn't seem to go up and down via the steering wheel though? not sure whether this was due to having the USB select folder view rather than music view.

I haven't tried the SD card slot yet, will try it at some point though.

iPod - this part isn't working for me, but i think this is due to using the original dynavin cable and an extention cable on top of it, i am going to connect the original ipod cable at some point without the extenstion and see how i get on.

Radio works fine with good signal strength.

No random start up issues either.

If there is anything else you want to know just let me know!

Cheers
As you asked
I have an issue with the radio signal strength on my unit.

I plugged in the BMW end (fakra?) and then the DIN end to the Eonon unit. There is also a blue wire on the aerial adapter supplied with the unit and I have no idea where to put it or what it is for although it does have ANT on the label.

Should I be connecting this to anything or is it for a power aeriel or something like that.

I have a 2005 320d touring and there seems to be a aerial signal amplifier in the back of the car.

Any help (and pictures of the correct connections at the back of the unit) would be more than helpful as the unit is spot on apart from the radio reception.

Thanks
Chris

UPDATED
Through the power of Google I know realise that I have to put the blue wire in pin a5 on the wiring harness.
Thought I would share.
Hope that's right.

Last edited by tiffer; 06-13-2013 at 03:44 PM.
tiffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:36 PM   #90
esberelias

My Ride: '03 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenbobo View Post
Can somebody please upload a video while using the unit?
I will make one tonight and i'll upload it when I do

Check out my ride
esberelias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:52 PM   #91
ccates21

My Ride: 2002 M3 Convertible
ok, sorry, but i'm confused. I have an 02 M3 vert with HK and oem nav... I want to get this eonon 5150, but i think I need the fakra cable kit that jeff sells for the dynavin. is this correct?

if so, do I need all of the included cables in the kit? does anyone have them cheaper than his $55? I've done dozens of 'tough' installs, and was MECP certified when I was younger, but these e46 installs seem ridiculous! good thing i reeeeeaaaalllly like my new car... haha
ccates21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:18 AM   #92
esberelias

Installed the unit tonight... Looks great!

I too had the trigger wire issue with the deck lol looks like they are all going to have this issue than (hook up the ANT blue cable to the blue cable in the harness)

my can bus seems to be messed up?! any of you guys that got theirs install have that issue? (watch the video to see what i mean) P.S when i UNPLUG the can bus (Red box) this issue goes away! but I lose my steering wheel functions which I'd rather keep! (I'm talking to live chat eonon right now about that)

Check out my ride

Last edited by esberelias; 06-13-2013 at 01:30 AM.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:46 AM   #93
asdetail

My Ride: 2002 325ci coupe
I think the problem is not so much the eonon canbus unit, it is, from what I have been able to find out,in fact the r/t button on the steering wheel,it sends a signal through the bus system to check for a connected phone when the key is turned to "acc" and as you know,that button defaults to the "mode" button on the deck hence the random screen on startup.
I am not really sure what they can do to work around this issue which seems to be peculiar to bmw's but going on eonon's past record if they do fix it it will be in a new model so us test pilots will have to shell out more money yet again
asdetail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:00 AM   #94
Kenbobo

My Ride: e46
This unit can learn what the buttons on the steering wheel should do.
You can try to assign to R/T button the Play/Pause function or so, and maybe that way it won't change from radio/sd/etc anymore, but it will just pause/play.

Last edited by Kenbobo; 06-13-2013 at 04:04 AM.
Kenbobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:42 AM   #95
esberelias

I thought about that too after the fact.. That maybe it has something to with the r/t button... I could care less about that button, the only thing I use is volume and next/prev track. If I snip the r/t button wire that might solve my problem... I'll look into it further... Eonon told me to. Are a video and maybe they can software fix it for me... We'll see what happens

Check out my ride
Old 06-13-2013, 11:04 AM   #96
valenti

Quote:
Originally Posted by esberelias View Post
I thought about that too after the fact.. That maybe it has something to with the r/t button... I could care less about that button, the only thing I use is volume and next/prev track. If I snip the r/t button wire that might solve my problem... I'll look into it further... Eonon told me to. Are a video and maybe they can software fix it for me... We'll see what happens
do you get a random screen when u start ? Mine seems to always go to aux.. even if it starts in DVD/USB/SD/Radio, it will just pop and go back to aux

edit. nvm just watched your video.. im having that same issue going into aux each time

Last edited by valenti; 06-13-2013 at 12:53 PM.
valenti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:40 PM   #97
valenti

Old 06-13-2013, 01:48 PM   #98
esberelias

Quote:
do you get a random screen when u start ? Mine seems to always go to aux.. even if it starts in DVD/USB/SD/Radio, it will just pop and go back to aux

edit. nvm just watched your video.. im having that same issue going into aux each time
Yeah dude.. it's annoying... When the Can Bus is unplugged (red box) it doesn't happen... but as stated above in a reply... it may be the R/T button its self

Check out my ride
Old 06-13-2013, 01:51 PM   #99
valenti

Quote:
Originally Posted by esberelias View Post
Yeah dude.. it's annoying... When the Can Bus is unplugged (red box) it doesn't happen... but as stated above in a reply... it may be the R/T button its self
have you had any luck trying to reprogram the steering wheel controls ? Mine doesn't seem to work. I'm fine with the controls, but it would be nice to be able to reprogram the R/T button.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:06 PM   #100
esberelias

Quote:
have you had any luck trying to reprogram the steering wheel controls ? Mine doesn't seem to work. I'm fine with the controls, but it would be nice to be able to reprogram the R/T button.

Nope I haven't...

Check out my ride