E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 25 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:42 PM   #1201
girlsc0utcookies

My Ride: '99 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLFN8TR View Post
Yes I did and it's a nice upgrade, system sounds much better.

That is the firmware I'm running an NO Launch.exe errors.

"Firmware updates"
There are two different ones to choose from:

This is the one my GM5150 is running, the firmware it came with.
BMW_APP_TW_4049-405F-0709-L146-131209

This is the latest firmware Carlos sent me to address the Launch.exe error.
BMW_APP_TW_4049-405F-0709-L146-140219
Hey Wolf,

I just went through all the steps you provided on how to update the firmware/get rid of the launch.exe error and the unit successfully went through the update process and calibration, but as soon as it went from the calibration menu to the radio menu, the error popped up again. Since I couldn't proceed to change the language in settings since the error prevents you from using the unit, I went to the next step and reset the unit. After resetting it, the error is still there.

Any ideas on how to fix this??? I'd really like to be able to use my stereo again after a week of having this error.
girlsc0utcookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:42 PM   #1202
girlsc0utcookies

Quote:
Yes I did and it's a nice upgrade, system sounds much better.

That is the firmware I'm running an NO Launch.exe errors.

"Firmware updates"
There are two different ones to choose from:

This is the one my GM5150 is running, the firmware it came with.
BMW_APP_TW_4049-405F-0709-L146-131209

This is the latest firmware Carlos sent me to address the Launch.exe error.
BMW_APP_TW_4049-405F-0709-L146-140219
Hey Wolf,

I just went through all the steps you provided on how to update the firmware/get rid of the launch.exe error and the unit successfully went through the update process and calibration, but as soon as it went from the calibration menu to the radio menu, the error popped up again. Since I couldn't proceed to change the language in settings since the error prevents you from using the unit, I went to the next step and reset the unit. After resetting it, the error is still there.

Any ideas on how to fix this??? I'd really like to be able to use my stereo again after a week of having this error.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:55 PM   #1203
WOLFN8TR
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 05 330CI ZHP
You should be able to close the error message. When mine did this it took several times trying to close it. I do believe I just hit "OK". If that doesn't work send Carlos a PM from Eonon.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpos...postcount=1198
WOLFN8TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 10:15 AM   #1204
girlsc0utcookies

Quote:
You should be able to close the error message. When mine did this it took several times trying to close it. I do believe I just hit "OK". If that doesn't work send Carlos a PM from Eonon.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpos...postcount=1198
Tried this with no success. I've tried everything resetting, clicking "OK" on the error message, disconnecting my car battery for 10-15 minutes, installing the update (following the instructions to the letter), and nothing has worked. :/

Still waiting on a reply from Eonon
Old 04-04-2014, 12:44 PM   #1205
daki_bmw

My Ride: 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsc0utcookies View Post
Tried this with no success. I've tried everything resetting, clicking "OK" on the error message, disconnecting my car battery for 10-15 minutes, installing the update (following the instructions to the letter), and nothing has worked. :/

Still waiting on a reply from Eonon
Do you have "initialize" option (settings -> system -> scroll to the bottom, should be there)? I know it's a long shot, and presuming launch.exe doesn't get in the way. Maybe worth a try, if managable...
Old 04-04-2014, 01:36 PM   #1206
girlsc0utcookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by daki_bmw View Post
Do you have "initialize" option (settings -> system -> scroll to the bottom, should be there)? I know it's a long shot, and presuming launch.exe doesn't get in the way. Maybe worth a try, if managable...
I would try this, but the launch.exe error prevents me from using the unit at all, aside from powering it on/off and clicking "OK" on the error message (which crashes the unit and restarts it only to get the same error message again).
Old 04-04-2014, 06:38 PM   #1207
trentcdrums

My Ride: BMW 323i Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsc0utcookies View Post
I would try this, but the launch.exe error prevents me from using the unit at all, aside from powering it on/off and clicking "OK" on the error message (which crashes the unit and restarts it only to get the same error message again).

Same here.. I ended up hitting the mode button and it finally reset itself and let me use it

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

trentcdrums is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 07:16 PM   #1208
girlsc0utcookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentcdrums View Post
Same here.. I ended up hitting the mode button and it finally reset itself and let me use it

Just tried this as well, no luck :/ Eonon is suggesting I send in my unit for an exchange. However, I'm not too keen on paying $30-$50 to ship it back and receive a replacement for the exact same unit that stopped working after only five days of being installed... Not sure whether I should just keep tinkering with it or look into a different unit (maybe Android if that's more reliable).

Does anyone know of any good, reliable units around ~$500 (or less, preferably)? Dynavin and ///AVIN are a little out of my price range.

EDIT: I uploaded a video to YouTube of me going through all the steps to try and fix this problem, I can't get the link to work, but the name of the video is "Eonon D5150 "Launch.exe" Error" Should be relatively easy to find.

Last edited by girlsc0utcookies; 04-05-2014 at 10:35 PM.
Old 04-09-2014, 03:28 PM   #1209
Ionkontrol

My Ride: 318CI SE Coupe
I listen to a lot of DJ mixes and cannot seem to skip through audio, is it possible?
None of the forward and backward buttons seem to do this.
Ionkontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:29 PM   #1210
spudorange

My Ride: 318ci coupe
Hi

Thanks too all who have contributed to this thread.
I have learnt a lot over the last few day's but having read almost 2 years of the thread my head is spinning.

a heck of a lot of what I have learnt is really useful but some, is maybe not relevant due to where I live (being right hand drive for example)

I am as you can see in the UK therefore I have noticed that some issues regarding fitting (ipod adapter affecting fascia not seating) may not apply.

I think I have got 80% of it but am unclear on some things still.

My motor is 2001 (I think, 17 pin will check, lol) 318 ci coupe with oem sat nav & cd in boot

after this post I will ask questions such as can i splice 17 pin connector and extend because a far as I can see there is very little difference between supplied one and 35 five metre cable apart from price.

Antenna wise do I need 40-VW12 or 40-VW10

Do I need a 5 metre antenna for instance, to connect to the above (as in, does the antenna bit also come from the boot area?

In post 682 for example (no one, as far as I know replied) becks! asks the same question that I would and links to a pic "http://postimg.org/image/hwbmeccj7/"

That is showing what I expect to see once I have dug behind my sat nav unit in boot

Will post a more concise request of my needs tomorrow as I have had a very nice liquid evening meal.

thanks again

Last edited by spudorange; 05-06-2014 at 07:33 PM.
spudorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 05:57 AM   #1211
asdetail

My Ride: 2002 325ci coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by spudorange View Post
Hi

Thanks too all who have contributed to this thread.
I have learnt a lot over the last few day's but having read almost 2 years of the thread my head is spinning.

a heck of a lot of what I have learnt is really useful but some, is maybe not relevant due to where I live (being right hand drive for example)

I am as you can see in the UK therefore I have noticed that some issues regarding fitting (ipod adapter affecting fascia not seating) may not apply.

I think I have got 80% of it but am unclear on some things still.

My motor is 2001 (I think, 17 pin will check, lol) 318 ci coupe with oem sat nav & cd in boot

Quote:
after this post I will ask questions such as can i splice 17 pin connector and extend because a far as I can see there is very little difference between supplied one and 35 five metre cable apart from price.
yes you can,a bit of work but i did just that.

Antenna wise do I need 40-VW12 or 40-VW10

Quote:
Do I need a 5 metre antenna for instance, to connect to the above (as in, does the antenna bit also come from the boot area?
yes it does

In post 682 for example (no one, as far as I know replied) becks! asks the same question that I would and links to a pic "http://postimg.org/image/hwbmeccj7/"

That is showing what I expect to see once I have dug behind my sat nav unit in boot

Will post a more concise request of my needs tomorrow as I have had a very nice liquid evening meal.

thanks again
i had no idea bmw made a 4 cyl coupe,all of ours have six cyl motors.
asdetail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:20 AM   #1212
DEADF15H

My Ride: DD is a 2001 325i
Just a side note to help those in the US, when spudorange refers to the "boot" we call it the trunk. A "motor" = car and for future reference a "bonnet" is a hood.

DEADF15H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 10:04 AM   #1213
spudorange

My Ride: 318ci coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdetail View Post
i had no idea bmw made a 4 cyl coupe,all of ours have six cyl motors.
thanks for your help

yes 3.18ci petrol is actually 2.0 litre (don't ask)

as well as the metre antenna cable do I need a separate 40-vw12 please

thanks also to deadfi5h for clarification boot = trunk etc
spudorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 07:16 AM   #1214
arvinny

My Ride: 2003 330i sport pkge
Just ordered a Eonon D5150! (New version of Eonon D5113/Enco B146)

Quote:
Originally Posted by timb551 View Post
I have now read the entire thread, took a while

I cannot see any confirmed mention of the install with the Harmon Karden option.

does it make a difference?

regards

tim

Hey Tim. Installed d5150u in my
330i with Harmon kardon setup and it works beautifully. Sounds much better than the business cd.

Sent from iphone 5s

Last edited by arvinny; 05-12-2014 at 07:19 AM.
arvinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:59 PM   #1215
DavesE46

My Ride: E46 328i
Selling my eonon5150

I am selling my eonon 5150 any takers $275obo no longer have my ride contact me I accept paypal and will ship with box does need new gps ant. Everything else included it has orange light works great and still has face protector on it
DavesE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 02:43 PM   #1216
Quadrant5

My Ride: 2000 323i
Question Bluetooth issue

First, thanks to everybody who has shared their knowledge on this thread. I am happy with my unit thanks to everyones help. One issue I would like clarification on I do not believe has been addressed.

When I start my unit up, it starts wherever I left off. However, within a second of starting it switches to bluetooth mode as it connects to my phone. I want it to autoconnect, but I would like the screen and audio to stay where I left off last time. There was a mention of something earlier in the thread about bluetooth, but I don't think it was this specific problem. Any help is appreciated.

Quadrant5
Quadrant5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 02:56 PM   #1217
Quadrant5

My Ride: 2000 323i
Question Please clarify

Quote:
Originally Posted by daki_bmw View Post
Have you got this:

or this:
daki_bmw,

Could you please clarify the difference between these two GUIs? I have the second one. What does that mean? It seems a thought was developing in the thread that got dropped or lost in the shuffle. Thanks for your reply.

Quadrant5
Quadrant5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 05:51 PM   #1218
daki_bmw

My Ride: 330Ci
Uhmmm, I'll try to remember it from the top of my head, but I haven't been around Eonon threads for some time...

Older "bubble" style (upper pic):
-Layout of the buttons (home screen) as per picture
-changable wallpapers (I use some random amber one - looks great)
-big "buttons" (bubbles) - GREAT thing while driving (I can barely hit those "buttons" even though they are huge....I really can't understand android guys, how do they use android units while driving is beyond me...)
-no launch.exe problem
-no "go to bluetooth streaming as soon as BT connection is established" problem

Newer style UI (lower pic):
-more BMW (OEM) look
-no wallpapers, only changable colors (none of them is amber/orange, as you already know)
-launch.exe problem without applied fix (some people reported problem even after applying fix)
-bluetooth on startup problem (if I remember correctly, there is fix for this also...somenone correct me if I'm wrong)
-screen mirroring is only available on GM units, which only has this kind of UI

Hope that helps a bit...

Last edited by daki_bmw; 05-27-2014 at 05:53 PM.
daki_bmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 03:59 AM   #1219
asdetail

My Ride: 2002 325ci coupe
yes you are right, there is an updated firmware that fixes the bluetooth problem.
asdetail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 07:44 AM   #1220
DEADF15H

My Ride: DD is a 2001 325i
Nice job on the comparison daki_bmw

DEADF15H is offline   Reply With Quote