E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 26 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:52 AM   #141
tnhl1989

My Ride: 02 330xi(RIP),03 ZHP
Send a message via Skype™ to tnhl1989
Just ordered a Eonon D5150! (New version of Eonon D5113/Enco B146)

Search igo wince and it would be one of the first few links. It works great btw. I'm still testing the unit.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
tnhl1989 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:03 PM   #142
haurelio

My Ride: 2001 bmw 325i
To those who have this version.

Can you still view/see the navigation while using the phone?

Also can code your car
haurelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:07 PM   #143
shahbaz99

My Ride: Clean 330ci
Hey just wanted to post some pics of my install and final product. I have been using it for about a week now and overall i must say this thing is freakin amazing. Sorry for taking so long but ive been really busy with school. Look for my full in depth video review shortly.

CUSTOM WALLPAPER!

Last edited by shahbaz99; 06-19-2013 at 02:07 PM.
shahbaz99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:28 PM   #144
tnhl1989

Nice install. I can't get mine to look flush. There is too much stuff in the rear of device on the left side. How did you end up installing it?
Old 06-19-2013, 03:19 PM   #145
valenti

My Ride: Rated M
Quote:
Originally Posted by haurelio View Post

yes

also, to other people, look up how to install iGo/tomtom on google. There wont be any threads/posts on this forum regarding how to obtain the software.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:35 PM   #146
esberelias

My Ride: '03 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by haurelio View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by valenti View Post
yes
You can see your Navi screen if you're only streaming MUSIC from bluetooth/phone... but if you're on a phone call, it blocks all other screens with the bluetooth screen... Just like the D5113

Unless I'm missing something...

Check out my ride

Last edited by esberelias; 06-19-2013 at 03:38 PM.
esberelias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:47 PM   #147
valenti

Quote:
Originally Posted by esberelias View Post
You can see your Navi screen if you're only streaming MUSIC from bluetooth/phone... but if you're on a phone call, it blocks all other screens with the bluetooth screen... Just like the D5113

Unless I'm missing something...
hmm really ? i swear the last time i got a call in, i picked up, and just clicked back into navi mode. I'll retest it later =P
Old 06-19-2013, 03:51 PM   #148
valenti

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnhl1989 View Post
Nice install. I can't get mine to look flush. There is too much stuff in the rear of device on the left side. How did you end up installing it?
it took a lot of tender love and care.. and baby oil jokes aside, it took me a while to get it sit fit flush, especially with the antenna adapter in place. Routing the main harness/canbus on top of the unit/under the vents, and having the extra RCA cables go under the unit helped me get it in flush. It just took a lot of pushing and repositioning. Definitely spent the most time on that part of the installation.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:20 PM   #149
tnhl1989

Alright I plan on reworking my install and taking apart the unit to see what I can do in regards to the wiring. As of now I don't need it but it would be nice to move it out.

Old 06-19-2013, 04:55 PM   #150
bcw448

My Ride: 2000 BMW 323ci coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by valenti View Post
yes

also, to other people, look up how to install iGo/tomtom on google. There wont be any threads/posts on this forum regarding how to obtain the software.
Regarding Maps, I have a gift for all Fanatics on another thread, take a look if you are interested.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...=968355&page=6

Hope this help and enjoy!
bcw448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:06 PM   #151
valenti

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcw448 View Post
Regarding Maps, I have a gift for all Fanatics on another thread, take a look if you are interested.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...=968355&page=6

Hope this help and enjoy!
don't know if we're allowed to post those links here LOL
Old 06-20-2013, 04:33 AM   #152
asdetail

My Ride: 2002 325ci coupe
it still has the "random boot" problem,or at least my unit does, also has anyone noticed that the "picture in picture" feature the d5113 had is missing,no internal cooling fan like the d5113 had, I hope this does not turn out to be an issue in the warmer months,however most things are an improvement on the d5113,to my ears it actually sounds better too,the internal firmware seems to be a bit unstable at times when the nav is running, and last but not least,eonons customer support sucks big time,they have yet to come up with an intelligent response when I emailed them about the random boot problem.
asdetail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:00 AM   #153
eljay

My Ride: ///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdetail View Post
it still has the "random boot" problem,or at least my unit does, also has anyone noticed that the "picture in picture" feature the d5113 had is missing,no internal cooling fan like the d5113 had, I hope this does not turn out to be an issue in the warmer months,however most things are an improvement on the d5113,to my ears it actually sounds better too,the internal firmware seems to be a bit unstable at times when the nav is running, and last but not least,eonons customer support sucks big time,they have yet to come up with an intelligent response when I emailed them about the random boot problem.
They have forwarded your problem to their tech and their engineers are looking into it.

I'm not sure that they even have a BMW to put it in. They obviously have the expertise to fix it, but it seems that their techs' time is invested in getting the most units out into the profitable revenue stream rather than in customer support.
I'm glad that I'm not using the canbus as it would drive me nuts.
I wish they'd realize that if they invested some time into this, they would ship many more units at this price point.
Back to our regular programming now...
eljay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:44 PM   #154
esberelias

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdetail View Post
also has anyone noticed that the "picture in picture" feature the d5113 had is missing,no internal cooling fan like the d5113 had, I hope this does not turn out to be an issue in the warmer months
yeah the PIP is gone... in the specs on the site it says PIP = NO

The cooling system on the D5113 didn't even do anything except make noise lol It failed on me and it started making a REALLY loud noise.... couldn't even use my BT because that's all the caller heard was a humming noise.

I actually took out the fan and used it for a few months on hot days on 9+ hour trips..

No Issues. I was glad the D5150 didn't have the fan.. or I would of took it out right from the get go

Check out my ride

Last edited by esberelias; 06-20-2013 at 03:44 PM.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:22 PM   #155
shahbaz99

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnhl1989 View Post
Its the ipod cable thats getting in the way. As soon as i would unplug it, the unit would fit in nicely. What i ended up doing was cutting the little rubber rings off the ipod connector to allow the cable to bend a bit more. Be careful to not cut too deep or else youll expose the inside of the cable. If you do cut too deep, make sure to put some electrical tape around it. my unit is still slightly further out on the left side but its SO minor now. Maybe 1/16th of an inch. Before i cut the ipod cable it was like a quarter of an inch. I also left the screws lose and pressed the unit side to side until every side was nice and even and then tightened. The final product looks very clean.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:27 PM   #156
shahbaz99

Guys for the maps, i using iGo primo. Works great! tells you speed limits, and if you are speeding, tells you if your coming up to a pedestrian crossing or school zone, tells you the next exit on the highway well before, high res maps, auto day/night mode and so much more. I torrented igo for windows ce and in my torrent folder there was a note doc with a website that has all maps, voices packs and POI packs. Straight forward install. the website is www.navitotal.com. Once you have igo running with the default test map and you know your antenna is working, everything else you need will be on navitotal.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:20 AM   #157
freaked

My Ride: BMW E46 330i

Has anyone else had problems with the radio pumping out sound but none of the other sources not putting out sound? (cd, Bluetooth, sd card etc)

-1993 E36 318i
freaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:39 AM   #158
Mightymorff

My Ride: E46 316
Does the original BMW CD changer work with this unit?
Mightymorff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:53 AM   #159
valenti

Quote:
Originally Posted by freaked View Post
Has anyone else had problems with the radio pumping out sound but none of the other sources not putting out sound? (cd, Bluetooth, sd card etc)

read the thread lol
Old 06-21-2013, 12:19 PM   #160
esberelias

Quote:
Originally Posted by freaked View Post

there is video and a full written review in this thread... get to read'n

Check out my ride