E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-05-2013, 07:47 AM   #21
Greycoopers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: The netherlands
Posts: 76
My Ride: E46 330ci
The first few pics i was like...oh nooo

After that..pure love!
__________________
330 | Individual | Sepang Bronze | Full Mtech II | CSL Trunk | Shadow-Line | BBS CH | Cobra Coils | Xenon | Ambers | JDM Fogs | Afe CAI | US Lights | Studs-Nuts | Full De-chrome
Greycoopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:03 AM   #22
UNFORGIVEN
OEM ///Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: QUEENS, NY
Posts: 332
My Ride: Bagged Stang, 330CI
Nice Tony. I have to follow your lead and make a build thread too.

Nice thing about the splatter effect on the trim and racks is that it cannot be exactly copied no matter how hard someone tries.

How come you didn't throw in a touch of Tan on the trim to match the seats?
__________________
...is rocking a new look!

Special thanks to Mr. AWD for the new sig...
UNFORGIVEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:03 AM   #23
domcreates
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sacramento CA & Washington DC
Posts: 2,073
My Ride: Jet Black 1999 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbaros View Post
yeah man, it was a pain in the butt so i skipped a lot of stuff lol



DDM tuning. Like i said i would not recommend it if you are gonna about the fitment and try to contact and blame the vendor. But it is possible, i think that's all the pictures i have, you have to lean it against the bumper and see where it touches and causes a gap... then shave those with dremel. No matter how much you shave this thing, you still have to push the f out of it against the bumper and drill/screw it at the bottom of the bumper. I think i am gonna go dual catback with an M3 rear bumper. Because i'm gonna do the motor swap soon and don't want to have to redo the exhaust setup.

Push the F out of it as in make it bend to match the curve of the bumper?
domcreates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:06 AM   #24
domcreates
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sacramento CA & Washington DC
Posts: 2,073
My Ride: Jet Black 1999 323i
domcreates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:07 AM   #25
\\\WINGMAN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: illinois
Posts: 187
My Ride: 2004 325i
finally a build thread on here!
i love the splattered rack!
\\\WINGMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:36 AM   #26
Press22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 436
My Ride: 01 325ci
Need moar low.
Press22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 01:33 PM   #27
KillaaCort
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 65
My Ride: 325i aka Bella (:
please, let me have your car . IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL

I ENVY YOU WITH EVERY FIBER OF MY BEING.
__________________


Iz─bella :*
KillaaCort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:18 PM   #28
Barbaros
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 1,519
My Ride: 02 TIAG M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greycoopers View Post
The first few pics i was like...oh nooo

After that..pure love!
I know lol i made mistakes, i was a rokie


Quote:
Originally Posted by UNFORGIVEN View Post
Nice Tony. I have to follow your lead and make a build thread too.

Nice thing about the splatter effect on the trim and racks is that it cannot be exactly copied no matter how hard someone tries.

How come you didn't throw in a touch of Tan on the trim to match the seats?
Hey!! What's up man! You should really do that too! I just like the idea that these build threads help people a lot! In my case, they learn from my mistakes lol I will change the interior color so i am not f ing with tan anymore


Quote:
Originally Posted by domcreates View Post
Push the F out of it as in make it bend to match the curve of the bumper?
Yes sir. It doesn't bend nicely since it's not plastic, that's why you need to shave it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by \\\WINGMAN View Post
finally a build thread on here!
i love the splattered rack!
yup finally! Thanks man! PMed btw


Quote:
Originally Posted by Press22 View Post
Need moar low.
shut up man!



Quote:
Originally Posted by KillaaCort View Post
please, let me have your car . IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL

I ENVY YOU WITH EVERY FIBER OF MY BEING.
well thank you! it's yours
__________________
Barbaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:42 PM   #29
AfghanScarface
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Moreno Valley CA
Posts: 2,349
My Ride: Debadged M3
Send a message via AIM to AfghanScarface
I really do love the expressionist M-colored splatters!
__________________



Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer4Lyfe View Post
Either pursue her and risk getting Mono, or don't pursue her,...stay home and use your Mano.

It's either Mono or Mano .... You decide
AfghanScarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:11 PM   #30
Press22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 436
My Ride: 01 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbaros View Post
shut up man!
Press22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:25 PM   #31
KillaaCort
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 65
My Ride: 325i aka Bella (:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbaros View Post
I know lol i made mistakes, i was a rokie




Hey!! What's up man! You should really do that too! I just like the idea that these build threads help people a lot! In my case, they learn from my mistakes lol I will change the interior color so i am not f ing with tan anymore




Yes sir. It doesn't bend nicely since it's not plastic, that's why you need to shave it.




yup finally! Thanks man! PMed btw




shut up man!





well thank you! it's yours



thankyou lol you are a true gentlemen.
__________________


Iz─bella :*
KillaaCort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:27 PM   #32
aahmed2016
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Jonesboro, GA, USA
Posts: 759
My Ride: 2003 330i ZSP/CP/PP
You should take it to the PO and be like, "Remember this?!"
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercForHire View Post
Spends $2000 on car DVD + stereo -> Running 25000 mile oil changes and 87 gas with blown shocks
aahmed2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:09 PM   #33
Barbaros
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 1,519
My Ride: 02 TIAG M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfghanScarface View Post
I really do love the expressionist M-colored splatters!
me too


Quote:
Originally Posted by KillaaCort View Post
thankyou lol you are a true gentlemen.



Quote:
Originally Posted by aahmed2016 View Post
You should take it to the PO and be like, "Remember this?!"
lol yeah i thought about that, i wanna him!
__________________
Barbaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:48 PM   #34
BBBoy323i
All show no go!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 2,459
My Ride: 2000 323i Black/Gray
///Barbaros' Official Build Thread... late but fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbaros View Post
lol thanks! That's an unfinished project with my shifter actually, i have cut the PRND on the base and turned it into a manual looking shifter I couldn't fit the boot properly so i ordered a manual shift boot. I will update that mod soon
Nice, I was gonna do that but Alec, the member with the seafoam green modded preface lift sedan convinced me to put a steptronic plate in, my interior is in the process, I almost have all the parts except for the cf wrap and the auto shifter. Also I would love to do some artsy work on the trim but cf wrap is expensive so I don't wanna f it up LOL



Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
 photo 01bea680-7313-4e36-9aab-9072b1a50daf_zps5308f8f8.jpg

Last edited by BBBoy323i; 06-05-2013 at 05:50 PM.
BBBoy323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:08 PM   #35
Fergo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: GA
Posts: 521
My Ride: still a gay 135i
yeah bro, your car so is sick!
__________________

^c***s
2 easy 2 make hp turbos
Fergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:22 PM   #36
XKR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 573
My Ride: 2001 M3 Convertible
whoa such a change lol. at least I'm not the only one who had their share of bad modifications. Can't wait until I can put real money into my car and make a build thread. I hate having to get rid of a mod that I thought would look awesome but in reality it sucks and then I have to get rid of it and wasting money KILLS ME. I'm so fed up with all my paint imperfections so I really just want to paint my whole car. Anyways good luck with it and swap it out for a manual hahaha
XKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:01 PM   #37
hi its me alec
Registered User
 
hi its me alec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 15,119
My Ride: BMWs + 1988 Pathy
Send a message via AIM to hi its me alec Send a message via MSN to hi its me alec
Sweet progress. Looks like a good repaint too. Although they did paint the ever-loving sh!t out of your spare tire well. hehe

I say you should remove the entire helper spring. If you're dropped all the way down, it's pretty likely that the helper spring is fully compressed no matter what the situation is. It must be more dangerous to run them cut than removing them entirely. If you need to raise it up, you still have the collars. But it's such a weak spring in the first place, and sits on the top of the strut, so it would be dangerous if it slipped off the perch and punctured a tire or whatever. Also more likely to break over bumps because the load is being put on the middle of the spring, not one of the formed bases
__________________
WTB: Complete e46 M3 rear end

hi its me alec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:11 PM   #38
Marshmallow
Yacht Club Libertarian
 
Marshmallow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: South Joisey, Mid MI
Posts: 2,004
My Ride: E46, E30, Quattro
I've already read your build thread on Bimmerfest but I wanted to read it again because I love it so much!
__________________


2003 BMW 325xiT "Audrey"
1987 BMW 325i "Lydia"
1990 Audi 90 Quattro Sport 20v "Chloe"

Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:52 PM   #39
Barbaros
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 1,519
My Ride: 02 TIAG M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBoy323i View Post
Nice, I was gonna do that but Alec, the member with the seafoam green modded preface lift sedan convinced me to put a steptronic plate in, my interior is in the process, I almost have all the parts except for the cf wrap and the auto shifter. Also I would love to do some artsy work on the trim but cf wrap is expensive so I don't wanna f it up LOL


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
lol well i normally don't give an f when i do mods, so you just gotta go ahead and try..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergo_the_mule View Post
yeah bro, your car so is sick!
Thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKR View Post
whoa such a change lol. at least I'm not the only one who had their share of bad modifications. Can't wait until I can put real money into my car and make a build thread. I hate having to get rid of a mod that I thought would look awesome but in reality it sucks and then I have to get rid of it and wasting money KILLS ME. I'm so fed up with all my paint imperfections so I really just want to paint my whole car. Anyways good luck with it and swap it out for a manual hahaha
i know how it feels man. but when you f up, you gotta pay and sometimes learn the hard way lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi its me alec View Post
Sweet progress. Looks like a good repaint too. Although they did paint the ever-loving sh!t out of your spare tire well. hehe

I say you should remove the entire helper spring. If you're dropped all the way down, it's pretty likely that the helper spring is fully compressed no matter what the situation is. It must be more dangerous to run them cut than removing them entirely. If you need to raise it up, you still have the collars. But it's such a weak spring in the first place, and sits on the top of the strut, so it would be dangerous if it slipped off the perch and punctured a tire or whatever. Also more likely to break over bumps because the load is being put on the middle of the spring, not one of the formed bases
thank you! and thanks for the advise, to be honest i actually tried to get them all out but i was stuck at removing the strut mounts so i just cut a little


Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmallow View Post
I've already read your build thread on Bimmerfest but I wanted to read it again because I love it so much!
well thank you sir!
__________________
Barbaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:51 PM   #40
domcreates
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sacramento CA & Washington DC
Posts: 2,073
My Ride: Jet Black 1999 323i
You're selling it???
domcreates is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
328i, build thread, lsb, showroom, stance

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use