E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-08-2013, 04:36 AM   #21
kushy

My Ride: automatic m3
lesson of this thread

eat bear meat and tren hard
kushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:54 AM   #22
Trashcan

My Ride: 2002 330ci
Re: Am i a freak or am i just working harder than most?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DILLA View Post
I wasn't meaning to take away from your hard work, no doubt you've worked hard for your gains! I was just saying I hear too often people gaining 40 pounds quickly and saying its all muscle.

Really? Without gear? Ok..

I'm not trying to disappoint or disrespect you would be suprised how much fat you can gain and how easily your body gains fat. I went down the same path thinking I was gaining "all muscle" until I finally stopped with the bro science and noticed my abs disappearing and turning into a fat POS, not saying you are there at all, luckily I stopped myself before I got there. For average men, 1 inch gain in the waist is about 5 pounds of fat gained, my waist size went up 3 inches, doesn't seem like much but 10-15 pounds of fat is a lot, so much for those 40pounds of lean muscle.. Again I'm not doubting your gains, keep up the good work, just remember to not focus so much on the scale, it can really mess with your head. it's all about how you want to look and feel!
My waistline has gone up about an inch. I can believe that would equate to about 5 pounds.

Thanks man! best of luck to you achieving your goals too!
Trashcan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:55 AM   #23
Trashcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushy View Post
lesson of this thread

eat bear meat and tren hard
Old 06-08-2013, 11:58 AM   #24
DILLA

My Ride: 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trashcan View Post
My waistline has gone up about an inch. I can believe that would equate to about 5 pounds.

Thanks man! best of luck to you achieving your goals too!
That's really good then! Good work man. And thanks!
Old 06-09-2013, 03:18 PM   #25
Trashcan

No time to rest...

The best thing about Sundays, the weight room is pretty dead.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1370809117962.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	510104  

Last edited by Trashcan; 06-09-2013 at 03:20 PM.
Old 06-10-2013, 01:09 PM   #26
dwass325

My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Is gaining 40lbs in one year being common? No, absolutely not.

Let's consider the things you have in your corner:
- You started at basically a child's weight - a little bit of essential tissue wrapped over a skeleton and organs. Most of the time you hear about someone's first-year gains, they're not starting 138lbs. This isn't to criticize you, but to lead into the next point...
- Or, if they are, they are not diving right into a legitimate lifting and nutrition routine. You seem to have dived right in with a good understanding of how to lift and what to eat - kudos for that. Most people flop around in ignorance for a few years before getting serious.

Personally, I started at about 155lbs before my senior year of HS and ended senior year at a very lean 145lbs. I also had no earthly idea what I was doing. Had I started with any meaningful understanding of nutrition or lifting, I'm sure I would've gained a lot more muscle (not 40lbs of it, but more than I actually gained.)

And then there's the immeasurable aspect of genetics. Perhaps you have genes that are well suited to carrying lean mass. If you're able to do this without being miserable, give thought to competition (natural or untested, whichever is appropriate.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:21 PM   #27
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post

- You started at basically a child's weight - a little bit of essential tissue wrapped over a skeleton and organs. Most of the time you hear about someone's first-year gains, they're not starting 138lbs. This isn't to criticize you, but to lead into the next point...
- Or, if they are, they are not diving right into a legitimate lifting and nutrition routine. You seem to have dived right in with a good understanding of how to lift and what to eat - kudos for that. Most people flop around in ignorance for a few years before getting serious.

Personally, I started at about 155lbs before my senior year of HS and ended senior year at a very lean 145lbs. I also had no earthly idea what I was doing. Had I started with any meaningful understanding of nutrition or lifting, I'm sure I would've gained a lot more muscle (not 40lbs of it, but more than I actually gained.)

And then there's the immeasurable aspect of genetics. Perhaps you have genes that are well suited to carrying lean mass. If you're able to do this without being miserable, give thought to competition (natural or untested, whichever is appropriate.)
Well said.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:06 PM   #28
bostonsc4

My Ride: BMW 323i
My little brother has experienced gains like yours. He graduated basic training at 146lb, an he's active duty so all he does it his job for the Air Force and lift. It's about a year and a half later and he just broke 196lb, lean as hell. Its amazing what you can be capable if you just put your entire mind set towards it.

The only problem is if you see gains like that and you're natural, most people will just assume you've done steroids.
bostonsc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:35 PM   #29
Trashcan

Quote:

Very well put. Thanks for the insight. I've been starting to consider competing but i can't see the point. I'm not going to become mr olympia, and i doubt it would be financially rewarding on an amateur level. I really just enjoy getting stronger, looking good naked and motivating/helping others.

And all natural
Old 06-10-2013, 06:41 PM   #30
Trashcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonsc4 View Post
My little brother has experienced gains like yours. He graduated basic training at 146lb, an he's active duty so all he does it his job for the Air Force and lift. It's about a year and a half later and he just broke 196lb, lean as hell. Its amazing what you can be capable if you just put your entire mind set towards it.

The only problem is if you see gains like that and you're natural, most people will just assume you've done steroids.
Really I'd be happy at like 180-190ish very lean, but even with what I'm at now I've already been getting some steroid accusations. I can't imagine what it'll be like if i get to my goal.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:28 PM   #31
bostonsc4

Am i a freak or am i just working harder than most?

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1370910403.279370.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	510405

Here is a very crappy picture but its of my brother's 196 clean bulk. It is do-able and naturally too!

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 06-10-2013, 07:40 PM   #32
Leezy321

My Ride: 2001 bmw 325i

Quote:

Love those people! Been dealing with them ever since I changed my physique rapidly. They talk down on you bcuz you've achieved something that they could not... Problem is, if they were educated and had some real world experience it's pretty easy to tell a steroid physique apart from a natural one.

I won't lie, I did dabble with a 4 week cycle of "pro hormones" back when I was only concerned with size. If you're not familiar with the term they're basically over the counter steroids. And very dangerous to the liver. I did put on 20lbs in that month! But lost 15 of it when I stopped. Lmao. Such a waste.

Leezy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:40 PM   #33
Trashcan

I'm guessing he's around 6' 1"?
Old 06-10-2013, 08:49 PM   #34
bostonsc4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trashcan View Post
I'm guessing he's around 6' 1"?
He's 5'8
Old 06-10-2013, 08:56 PM   #35
Trashcan

Quote:
He's 5'8
That picture must not show it off well or he just have some crazy legs...

Still looks to be in great shape though
Old 06-10-2013, 09:10 PM   #36
bostonsc4

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1370916618.646659.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	510421

He really hasn't taken a good picture of himself in forever but yeah I see what you mean. I'm just takin a few pictures from his Instagram, but when you posted the thread all I could think of was him. He's definitely my inspiration

Old 06-11-2013, 07:12 AM   #37
dwass325

If he's 5'8 there's no way he weighs 196.

Quote:
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

Old 06-11-2013, 09:32 AM   #38
bostonsc4

Quote:
If he's 5'8 there's no way he weighs 196.
Lol damn I'm going to have to cite his whole Instagram for this. He's got a picture of the scale from last week a hair over 196. I apologize for the crappy ass pictures but I assure you I nor he are stretching any truth. I'm on my way to crush back day right now so when I'm back ill see what I can do

Last edited by bostonsc4; 06-11-2013 at 09:44 AM.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:52 AM   #39
dwass325

For reference, this guy is 5'8 and weighs no more than 198lbs.

Quote:

Old 06-11-2013, 10:29 AM   #40
Leezy321

My Ride: 2001 bmw 325i

Quote:
For reference, this guy is 5'8 and weighs no more than 198lbs.

Umm, he probably cut down from 230+ lbs, is below 5% body fat, and oh ya, completely dehydrated. Terrible reference lmao :facepalm

Last edited by Leezy321; 06-11-2013 at 11:02 AM.
Leezy321 is offline   Reply With Quote