E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-11-2013, 11:31 AM   #41
bgsmith
Registered User
 
bgsmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 1,165
My Ride: No longer an e46
Send a message via AIM to bgsmith
Just as a reference I am 5'8" and about 194-198 but I am carrying quite a bit more fat than Boston's brother.
__________________
2006 TRD Sport 4x4, Wheels - 17x8 Pro Comp Series 52 Rock Crawlers
bgsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:29 PM   #42
bostonsc4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: MA
Posts: 517
My Ride: BMW 323i
Am i a freak or am i just working harder than most?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1370968178.165311.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	510495

2 weeks ago. Left his caption on there for you guys. Ignore the farmers tan, he's deployed and that's unavoidable haha


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
bostonsc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:13 PM   #43
Leezy321
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Boston
Posts: 270
My Ride: 2001 bmw 325i
Am i a freak or am i just working harder than most?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonsc4 View Post
Attachment 510495

2 weeks ago. Left his caption on there for you guys. Ignore the farmers tan, he's deployed and that's unavoidable haha


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
He looks much thicker in this picture. Either way, I don't know why people doubt his weight? And to use a bodybuilder that walks 30-40lbs above his competition weight as a comparison to prove you wrong is literally one of the stupidest things I've seen on a forum... Haha!


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Leezy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:43 AM   #44
DILLA
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: San Antonio, Tx
Posts: 1,398
My Ride: 330i ZHP
I wouldn't consider that "lean" by any means. still a good bulk though. Strip down his fat to comp level he would be in the 160s-ish.
__________________
LRx
DILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:13 AM   #45
Trashcan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 668
My Ride: 2002 330ci
Re: Am i a freak or am i just working harder than most?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DILLA View Post
I wouldn't consider that "lean" by any means. still a good bulk though. Strip down his fat to comp level he would be in the 160s-ish.
You took the words right out of my mouth

Edit: i think he would be at least mid 160 though

Last edited by Trashcan; 06-12-2013 at 02:24 AM.
Trashcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:35 AM   #46
dwass325
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Peoples Republic of Chicago
Posts: 405
My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Am i a freak or am i just working harder than most?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leezy321 View Post
He looks much thicker in this picture. Either way, I don't know why people doubt his weight? And to use a bodybuilder that walks 30-40lbs above his competition weight as a comparison to prove you wrong is literally one of the stupidest things I've seen on a forum... Haha!


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
I'm well aware that it wasn't a 1:1 comparison. Point is, if you are smart enough to consider the obvious differences (and, as I know most of the guys in this thread, I know they're smart enough to consider those differences,) you'll be able to see that the guy in the picture is not flirting with 200lbs. The point being made was that both were 5'8 and had small midsections. Even considering the differences in composition, there's simply not enough meat on the non-competitor to make up the difference in weight.

Also, if you want to be a super smarty pants, there's a much better critique that you could've made on the comparison. I'm sure you know this already though, as you're obviously smarter than me.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:24 AM   #47
Astheros
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 492
My Ride: 2005 330ci
Re: Am i a freak or am i just working harder than most?

Wow I wish I could.look.like some of you guys. Great job.
In reference to the above posts...I am 5'7 and weigh 156 with only a small amount of belly flab and no work out routine at all. I am sure 190s at my height is doable with proper training. Don't see his weight at 196 being one inch taller than me unreasonable.
__________________
Style 67 / Red Carbon Fiber Wrapped Trim / UUC tse3 Catback / Tein Superstreet Coilovers / AeroTec Front Bumper

Instagram: astherosphoto
Astheros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:42 AM   #48
Leezy321
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Boston
Posts: 270
My Ride: 2001 bmw 325i
Am i a freak or am i just working harder than most?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post
I'm well aware that it wasn't a 1:1 comparison. Point is, if you are smart enough to consider the obvious differences (and, as I know most of the guys in this thread, I know they're smart enough to consider those differences,) you'll be able to see that the guy in the picture is not flirting with 200lbs. The point being made was that both were 5'8 and had small midsections. Even considering the differences in composition, there's simply not enough meat on the non-competitor to make up the difference in weight.

Also, if you want to be a super smarty pants, there's a much better critique that you could've made on the comparison. I'm sure you know this already though, as you're obviously smarter than me.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
I'm not claiming to be smarter than you. I don't know you. You could be an Astrophysicist for all I know. But it doesn't take a genius to figure out what a person weighs especially if they give you the weight. Just because you can't understand how he weighs 196 doesn't mean it's not true. Then you post a picture of a completely shredded competitive bodybuilder as "reference"? Post something a little more realistic if you're going to do that considering only .0001 % of the population will ever look like the picture you posted....


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Leezy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:53 AM   #49
bimmerchop
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: CT
Posts: 11,046
My Ride: spins 4
Send a message via AIM to bimmerchop


Dave's point is valid homie... arguing over semantics is pointless.
__________________
- Rich - Flickr - Stage 3+ TiAL B5 S4

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster." - Jeremy Clarkson

euro.techniks

EPL | TiAL | SDR | APR | Stratmosphere | 034 | ASP | SPEC | Fidanza | STaSIS | H-Sport | AWE | H&R | StopTech | BBS
bimmerchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:16 AM   #50
Leezy321
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Boston
Posts: 270
My Ride: 2001 bmw 325i
Am i a freak or am i just working harder than most?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerchop View Post


Dave's point is valid homie... arguing over semantics is pointless.
What exactly is his point, homie?


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Leezy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:39 AM   #51
pakman3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: FL
Posts: 279
My Ride: piece
am i baller?
__________________
pakman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:41 AM   #52
dabears
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Edmonton/Vernon
Posts: 223
My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerchop View Post


Dave's point is valid homie... arguing over semantics is pointless.
we had quite the discussion on the definition of a PR already
__________________
dabears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:50 AM   #53
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
we had quite the discussion on the definition of a PR already
yesterday I waited 32 seconds between warm up sets on my deadlift instead of 30 seconds.

PR!
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:14 AM   #54
Trashcan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 668
My Ride: 2002 330ci
Re: Am i a freak or am i just working harder than most?

Well this turned into a mess pretty quick...
Trashcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:20 AM   #55
Leezy321
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Boston
Posts: 270
My Ride: 2001 bmw 325i
Am i a freak or am i just working harder than most?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
yesterday I waited 32 seconds between warm up sets on my deadlift instead of 30 seconds.

PR!
Nice! Now lets all post pics of our physique and see who knows what they're talking about!


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Leezy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:35 AM   #56
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: In a squat rack!
Posts: 1,816
My Ride: A sexy ass ///M4!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leezy321 View Post
Nice! Now lets all post pics of our physique and see who knows what they're talking about!


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

IN!


Let's see yours Leezy. Us regulars already know what each other look like.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:36 AM   #57
dwass325
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Peoples Republic of Chicago
Posts: 405
My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Am i a freak or am i just working harder than most?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leezy321 View Post
I'm not claiming to be smarter than you. I don't know you. You could be an Astrophysicist for all I know. But it doesn't take a genius to figure out what a person weighs especially if they give you the weight. Just because you can't understand how he weighs 196 doesn't mean it's not true. Then you post a picture of a completely shredded competitive bodybuilder as "reference"? Post something a little more realistic if you're going to do that considering only .0001 % of the population will ever look like the picture you posted....


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
I was simply saying the amount of space he occupies is not in line with what I would expect of an athletic 5'8" and 196lbs. I'm not sure why you can't seem to comprehend that I'm not make any comment on level of conditioning.

All I'm saying is that such a height/weight combo is BIG and he doesn't appear BIG to me.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing

Last edited by dwass325; 06-12-2013 at 11:37 AM.
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:44 AM   #58
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: In a squat rack!
Posts: 1,816
My Ride: A sexy ass ///M4!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post
I was simply saying the amount of space he occupies is not in line with what I would expect of an athletic 5'8" and 196lbs. I'm not sure why you can't seem to comprehend that I'm not make any comment on level of conditioning.

All I'm saying is that such a height/weight combo is BIG and he doesn't appear BIG to me.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

I'm going to have to agree with Dave here. I'm 185 lbs., and with my level of conditioning, I'd be a monster at 196 lbs. (..@ 5'10").
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:56 AM   #59
Leezy321
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Boston
Posts: 270
My Ride: 2001 bmw 325i
Am i a freak or am i just working harder than most?

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
I'm going to have to agree with Dave here. I'm 185 lbs., and with my level of conditioning, I'd be a monster at 196 lbs. (..@ 5'10").
That's you... Everyone is different. Same goes for me. All I'm saying is the dude looks like he weighs what he says. He's not lean... Give him your level of conditioning or even mine and he weighs 160lbs tops.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Leezy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:56 AM   #60
Trashcan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 668
My Ride: 2002 330ci
Re: Am i a freak or am i just working harder than most?

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3inline6 View Post
in!


Let's see yours leezy. Us regulars already know what each other look like.
+1
Trashcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use