E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-27-2013, 02:06 PM   #141
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
your pics make me really uncomfortable but I like the progress.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:29 PM   #142
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
You need to work on your "magnum" haha, but this forum is mainly for fitness progress and you've been killing it. Great job
Old 08-27-2013, 02:36 PM   #143
Trashcan

My Ride: 2002 330ci
Re: Am i a freak or am i just working harder than most?

Lol, why so uncomfortable?
Trashcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:05 PM   #144
Trashcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
You need to work on your "magnum" haha, but this forum is mainly for fitness progress and you've been killing it. Great job
I'm not sure what that first part means lol. Thanks for the progress compliments though!.

I could definitely tell from the earlier pictures from the day that i started out uncomfortable, not confident and not sure what i was doing. I definitely got better as we progressed. Now that i can see what i was doing wrong and i understand it more, i think i can definitely do better next time.

Last edited by Trashcan; 08-27-2013 at 03:08 PM.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:25 PM   #145
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trashcan View Post
I'm not sure what that first part means lol. Thanks for the progress compliments though!.

I could definitely tell from the earlier pictures from the day that i started out uncomfortable, not confident and not sure what i was doing. I definitely got better as we progressed. Now that i can see what i was doing wrong and i understand it more, i think i can definitely do better next time.
it's a zoolander reference lol
Old 09-08-2013, 01:41 AM   #146
Trashcan

Yet another weekend of just eating and lifting. I went out 2 weeks ago for some drinks one night, haven't drank anything since, and hadn't drank for 3+ weeks prior. I'm trying to keep it at about once a month max. Kind of feels like my life has become kind of lame though....

Anywho, the photographer from my shoot convinced me to start a twitter (instagram coming soon) to work on getting a following to help with getting my sponsorship. He's kind of mentoring me and helping me out. Next weekend we're going to get together and he's going to give me some pointers on managing my social image and discuss future work/practice.

Feel free to follow me @jamesl1578 (i think that's how it works?)
Old 09-13-2013, 08:24 PM   #147
Astheros

My Ride: 2005 330ci

I am photog. Play music you like during shoot. Have equipment around u actually use. Pretty sure u didnt get that way using resistance bands. Look at magazines for reference of poses

BimmerApp on Samsung Galaxy S4

Instagram: astherosphoto
Astheros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:34 PM   #148
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud

My Ride: a franken-e46 325i
Get a cooler and more memorable twitter handle

[bimmerapp]

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 01:51 AM   #149
DylloS

Am i a freak or am i just working harder than most?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
Get a cooler and more memorable twitter handle

[bimmerapp]
Agreed

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 09-15-2013, 08:03 PM   #150
Green_Shine

My Ride: Back seat riding
Am i a freak or am i just working harder than most?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
lol'd hard.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 09-16-2013, 05:12 PM   #151
sweetbro858

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
lool

fkn weird **** has been going on around here, even for me.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:28 PM   #152
dwass325

My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
A few thoughts/tips:

- you need to look for a new photographer. I'm sure this guy is good for family portraits and senior photos, but fitness is a specific niche. If you want the info of a Chicago company that specializes in this, I can give you some info.

Plan more/better in the following area:
- skin. Your skin is dry, you are not tan enough for a fitness shoot, and you don't seem to have any tanning product on.
- outfits. The casual photo looks like a random shot at a dinner party. If you're going to take shots like these, plan better, iron your shirt, etc.
- poses. Play around online and find some different poses. Look at other peoples' fitness shoots for some poses and try those out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:46 PM   #153
Trashcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astheros View Post
I am photog. Play music you like during shoot. Have equipment around u actually use. Pretty sure u didnt get that way using resistance bands. Look at magazines for reference of poses

BimmerApp on Samsung Galaxy S4
Great idea with the music! The equipment is also a great thought. We honestly never planned on having any equipment in the pictures, i just bought the bands before I left
to help pump up a little at the shoot. I have definitely been keeping an eye on poses much more lately also. I never realized what it actually took like until i tried it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post
A few thoughts/tips:

- you need to look for a new photographer. I'm sure this guy is good for family portraits and senior photos, but fitness is a specific niche. If you want the info of a Chicago company that specializes in this, I can give you some info.

Plan more/better in the following area:
- skin. Your skin is dry, you are not tan enough for a fitness shoot, and you don't seem to have any tanning product on.
- outfits. The casual photo looks like a random shot at a dinner party. If you're going to take shots like these, plan better, iron your shirt, etc.
- poses. Play around online and find some different poses. Look at other peoples' fitness shoots for some poses and try those out.
I am actually interested in knowing that company!

Great advice! All quality points.

I've decided that I'd like to try a physique competition next season, so I'll probably bulk a bit over winter and be ready for another shoot around the time of they comp (maybe about 9 months from now).
Old 09-17-2013, 07:48 PM   #154
Trashcan

My twitter has actually started to get going decently. I got about 15 more followers in the last 24 hours. I think I'm at around 70. Not to bad for starting from scratch with no friends on there a little over a week ago.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:53 PM   #155
Trashcan

I actually got a good amount of attention on this today for "transformation Tuesday". I posted something about how my tattoo used to cover almost my entire back. Some really popular fitness, bodybuilding and tattoo accounts retweeted it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1379465513647.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	527035  
Old 09-19-2013, 05:52 AM   #156
bAby norAA

My Ride: 01 BMW 330i
You look good, dont get me wrong

...but there are 10,000 other guys out there that look just like you and another 10,000 who look much better. Its the nature of the beast.

Looking for sponsorships already after just a year of working out would be like getting an m3, putting wheels on it with a few bolt on's, some stickers and looking for companies to sponsor your car the following week. Just like you, there are 1000's of m3's with wheels and other bolt on's, so what sets your m3 (you) from others?

What will companies gain from sponsoring you? Are you going to compete? Do you have a name for yourself? a real following? (no, twitter doesn't count). Companies aren't going to sponsor someone just because they have 16" arms and abs. You are still relatively small and very inexperienced still. Its great to have dreams and you've done well for yourself so far, but work at it a little longer before trying to pick up sponsors etc.

Don't take this wrong, i'm not trying to burst your bubble with my post, rather just trying to keep you grounded. I've been in this for a long time and been around a lot of bodybuilders, powerlifters, fitness models, etc. For starters, you need to drop the photographer you are using, he has no idea how to use lighting for a body where trying to highlight shadows and highlights. You are either holding a ton of water in your shots or your bf% is simply too high. You may think you are lean but you don't have any real striations showing through and your abs don't show all that well. You need to learn about water manipulation among others.

Again, dont take this as a put down, i'm just trying to be realistic.

| VF Supercharged Stage 1.5| Southbend Stage 2 Clutch | ZHP Cams | Technik Headers |
bAby norAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:03 PM   #157
Trashcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bAby norAA View Post
You look good, dont get me wrong

...but there are 10,000 other guys out there that look just like you and another 10,000 who look much better. Its the nature of the beast.

Looking for sponsorships already after just a year of working out would be like getting an m3, putting wheels on it with a few bolt on's, some stickers and looking for companies to sponsor your car the following week. Just like you, there are 1000's of m3's with wheels and other bolt on's, so what sets your m3 (you) from others?

What will companies gain from sponsoring you? Are you going to compete? Do you have a name for yourself? a real following? (no, twitter doesn't count). Companies aren't going to sponsor someone just because they have 16" arms and abs. You are still relatively small and very inexperienced still. Its great to have dreams and you've done well for yourself so far, but work at it a little longer before trying to pick up sponsors etc.

Don't take this wrong, i'm not trying to burst your bubble with my post, rather just trying to keep you grounded. I've been in this for a long time and been around a lot of bodybuilders, powerlifters, fitness models, etc. For starters, you need to drop the photographer you are using, he has no idea how to use lighting for a body where trying to highlight shadows and highlights. You are either holding a ton of water in your shots or your bf% is simply too high. You may think you are lean but you don't have any real striations showing through and your abs don't show all that well. You need to learn about water manipulation among others.

Again, dont take this as a put down, i'm just trying to be realistic.
I know it's early to look for sponsorship, that's why i haven't put in my application yet and don't plan to for 1-2 years (whenever i feel comfortable that I'm ready).

I've been throwing the idea around and trying to figure out the basics of my "why me" part of the application. But being 1-2 years away, that's not top on my priorities for this yet. My plan is to try to get in for my first competition around spring to see if i like it, how i do and what it's like. Brock cunico's (ON sponsored athlete) following is basically only Facebook. Steve cook's (ON sponsored athlete) following is pretty big on twitter. Maybe twitter wouldn't be ideal, but going in with 5,000 people behind me on twitter is better than nothing.

I understand you're keeping me grounded and that's fine. I know my body wasn't perfect for that shoot. Honestly (not an excuse) i had about 2 weeks prep time for that shoot, coming off a bulk with no ab definition. Last time i tried to prep (magic mike for Halloween) i was much smaller and it was much easier. I didn't realize how difficult it was to cut properly now that I'd gotten bigger, and the 2 weeks that I'd thought would work, definitely weren't enough.

When i try the physique competition this spring I'll take longer to cut, and hopefully learn a lot more, so the time after that i should have a good grasp on it.

I understand my goal isn't "realistic" but it's great motivation to keep in the back of my mind. If you check the sponsored athlete section of their site, yeah there's a lot of 210+ pound guys, but there's also a decent handful of 180-190 pound athletes about my height. I figure, why not aim for the stars, and maybe I'll just land on the moon. It hasn't taken any of my money, I'd still be putting the time in at the gym, i haven't gone on Facebook about it so i haven't annoyed friends/family with it and it keeps me motivated and excited. It's not taking over my life, so i figure why not give it a try? Worst case scenario, i just gain some life experience along the way...
Old 09-19-2013, 12:11 PM   #158
Trashcan

This is one of the guys that i saw that made me think "i have a chance at that" (physically speaking).

I know he's definitely conditioned better, stronger and bigger than me, but i think i could hit that by the end of the year.

Here's also a couple pictures from the last couple weeks to show my clean bulk progress.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1379610408518.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	527247   Click image for larger version

Name:	1379610551396.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	527248   Click image for larger version

Name:	1379610649350.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	527249   Click image for larger version

Name:	1379610677350.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	527250  

Old 10-20-2013, 09:53 PM   #159
Trashcan

They call me trapasaurus rex Click image for larger version

Name:	1382323970936.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	531584

Yeah, I'm bored.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:56 PM   #160
Trashcan

Found out yesterday that basically everyone i went to high school with thinks I'm taking steroids and they enjoy talking about it (good friends with a guy that was known to have cycled. That was over a year ago though, he's clean) and basically has no respect for me. It's obviously people that aren't a part of my life in any way, but it gives me this mixed feeling of funny and annoyed.

Damn small Towns....