E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Complete Cars

Complete Cars
List your BMW or other cars, trucks or vehicles for sale.

Don't forget to search for deals on craigslist and eBay Motors

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-08-2013, 11:05 AM   #1
Big Rick

My Ride: 325Xi
FS Perfect 1990 Porsche C2 (964)

After much thought I am offering my 1990 Porsche C2 for sale. I am (IIRC) the 4th owner. This was a CA car purchased by me in 2001. It has a clean carfax and autocheck...

A few of the particulars when I purchased it at 53k miles... (Currently at just under 68k miles)

RUNNING GEAR
Andial prepped engine at 50k miles;
- Heads machined for cylinder upgrade
- New valves, valve guides, valve springs, rings, cams, intake manifold
- Sport B&B muffler
- Bilstein sport shocks with H&R springs... Andial installed, aligned and corner balanced
- Shock tower brace
- New brakes at 50k miles Front has Big Reds and cross drilled rotors and the rear has RS calipers and cross drilled rotors
- New Club Sport lightweight flywheel and clutch, pilot bearing and throwout bearing

INTERIOR
- New leather throughout by Auto International, San Diego
- New radio - Blaupunkt Toronto & 10 disk CD changer

EXTERIOR
- Wheels - 17" club sport factory wheels
- Porsche Turbo Tail
- Flag mirrors replaced with teardrop style

So.. That was the way it came to me back in September of 2002. This is what I have added...

- Cylinder Head Temp Gauge (In place of the manual decklid switch) Looks factory and is a VDO gauge.
- Custom chip by Jason Andreas to solve the idle issue caused by the lightweight flywheel (Thanks Jason!)
- Stainless Steel cat bypass installed but original cat comes with it
- K&N air filter installed but complete OEM airbox is also included
- Front splitter
- Stock front corner lenses replaced with clear
- Chrome Halon Fire Extinguisher and mount, driver side front
- Stainless steel door sills with Porsche logos
- Customized interior door handles with logo
- Chrome gauge bezel rings
- Red Optima Battery (New, 4 months ago)
- Battery tender specifically designed for Gel Cell Optima Batteries
- Extra set of coils
- Complete shop manuals
- Code reader
- Enthusiast Companion
- Porsche Spec book
- Custom Mats (Originals are included)

When I bought it she had 53k miles and in 12 years I have put 14k miles on it. I have all the receipts from the PO totalling $25K+ in the 5+ years that he owned it. He spent A LOT of money on the engine and interior. (The stock interior was black, he switched it to camel leather.) This was a California car and has zero rust.

Ratings

- Engine - 10 - I really don't think that you will find a better running engine than this one. Engine was basically rebuilt 17k miles ago. This engine is set to go for 200k+ miles now!

- Exterior - 9 - Prior owner had driver side rear quarter painted as it was keyed. He also had the hood resprayed because of stone chips. Obviously the rear tail and front splitter has been sprayed. All paint matches perfectly and was done professionally. Exterior does have a few small stone chips and the bottom leading edge of the front splitter has stone chips. A few topical scratches that can be easily polished out. But overall... The paint shines like a mirror!

- Interior - 9.8 - The ONLY thing that takes away from this interior being 100% is a little slight wear on the driver's side seat bolster. I have a bunch of original and other new floormats. I had the custom ones made when I first got the car. There is also a rear shelf mat as I keep the rear seats folded down all the time. The 10 disk Blaupunkt CD changer is mounted in the passenger side rear.

This is obviously not a stock unit. But for those looking to make these upgrades you can save a ton by buying this with everything already done for you. I know that this isn't everyone's cup of tea but it will make someone a VERY happy camper!

Now... What it needs... A windshield. I was on the beltway when a large rock hit the windshield creating a big star crack. I doubt it can be repaired, it will need a new windshield. I wanted to fix it but never found a suitable place to have it done. I have heard there can be problems if there is an overzealous windshield repair. When they cut through the rubber trim they can gouge the metal around the windshield frame and, if not repaired then, can lead to rust. It also needs the rubber seal that goes from the fan housing to the blower. No big deal in either case but these do need to be fixed. It should probably have a valve adjustment done in the next 5k-7k miles as well.

This has only seen one light rain sprinkle while I have owned it. The tail of a pop-up thunderstorm while on the beltway. Other than that, it has never been driven in the rain or (God forbid) the snow! It has never been driven until the spring rains have washed off all the salt. (Yes... I have been extremely anal about this car.)

Asking $29k... OBO

Last edited by Big Rick; 06-10-2013 at 04:02 PM.
Big Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:08 PM   #2
EgoKLLR

My Ride: E46 M3
Very nice 964 you have here. If the price was a little more "on target" I would be interested.

GL with the sale.
EgoKLLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 05:09 PM   #3
Big Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgoKLLR View Post
Very nice 964 you have here. If the price was a little more "on target" I would be interested.

GL with the sale.
What is "on Target" for you? Seriously... I'm flexible but not stupid... This car has A LOT of extra stuff coming with it.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:28 PM   #4
EgoKLLR

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Rick View Post
What is "on Target" for you? Seriously... I'm flexible but not stupid... This car has A LOT of extra stuff coming with it.
Sorry, that came off the wrong way as I was referring to my personal target budget.

Ive been looking at 964's and 993's for years now and Im currently selling my 3rd M3 (e90) to finally move over the the P car world. I have a limit on what Id spend on a 964, anything more than 24k and I told myself I would just grab a 993.

Your car is a beauty and well sorted
EgoKLLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:24 PM   #5
Fergo

My Ride: S52 E30(dead)08 135i
Omg, it's absolutely beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven747 View Post
v10 was awesome new m5 is just fast dosent have a soul just 2 easy to make hp turbos
Fergo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:32 PM   #6
effay

My Ride: 323Ci
Oh my god..
effay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:39 PM   #7
Big Rick

It's for sale gents... I think it is safe to say it will handle better than you'd think!

I appreciate the kind words... It's my baby... But it's up for adoption.

I've had several and this one has been the best by far. But I have fallen in love with my E46 and have other bills to pay and things to get. I need the free cash.
Just make an offer.

More pics available from any angle you want. Just PM me for more info.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:54 PM   #8
illirep

My Ride: Zhp
Wow - that is fantastic
illirep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:46 PM   #9
Big Rick

Bump
Old 06-10-2013, 03:52 PM   #10
itscoo2pyopants

My Ride: e46, e53
Send a message via AIM to itscoo2pyopants
Old 06-12-2013, 01:31 PM   #11
GBX330ci

My Ride: 2011 Cayenne 6sp
Send a message via AIM to GBX330ci
emailed you. Very interested. Thanks.
GBX330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 09:17 AM   #12
Big Rick

SOLD! $28k... Now in Arizona!
Old 02-07-2014, 12:44 PM   #13
titan510

My Ride: zhp 6sp, 528iA sp
what a beautiful car!!
Old 02-07-2014, 01:37 PM   #14
Big Rick

Thanks! It sure was... Like the day it rolled off the showroom floor... literally! I'll look for an M3 in similar shape in the future...
Old 02-07-2014, 08:46 PM   #15
Act of God
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 3.5 Liters of fury
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
great looking car, but that interior design....yeesh lol