E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Photography

Photography

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-09-2013, 03:07 PM   #1
bmwti
yuppie racing

My Ride: 2008 335i coupe
Question anyone with a D600 and running on Mac OS X?

quick question-

I'm currently still using snow leopard and can not see d600 NEF files using preview. It can become a real pain when quickly opening a folder and wanting to see what photos are in there.

I have to basically open each image in photoshop CS6 individually to view the file.

for those running the latest version of OS X (mountain lion) are you able to see your D600 files using preview?
Old 06-09-2013, 05:00 PM   #2
neil1138

It's a known issue. Apple hasn't released support as far as I know. My solution is to just view the files in ViewNX 2 and then open into PS for editing.
neil1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:16 PM   #3
bmwti
yuppie racing

My Ride: 2008 335i coupe
right but are you running the latest OS X? and still having the issue too?

apples support page leads me to believe that if I get the latest operating system- I might be ok- but I dont really want to upgrade, considering my desktop is on the older side.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5371

ive been using the viewNX2 software to view the files too, but its still annoying having to have multiple programs up and running just to view and work on a file. it would be a lot simpler just to click on a folder and see a thumbnail of what the NEF file is, rather than have to go through all that.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:27 PM   #4
saxual328ci

My Ride: 2004 325ci
I'm using OS X 10.7 (Lion) and I can't see any D600 RAW images. I tried once just to see if it would work with my set up. Lightroom 4 and CS 4.

I'm sure .. but can you view them in Bridge? If you have Bridge? I have Adobe CS4 Suite which comes with Bridge. idk if it comes with just the PS copy..

or....

I think I'm reading this right )) In order for you to see it D600 RAW images on your Mac you must be in compliance with this (taken from Apple website)

Quote:
* Aperture version 3.4 or later, or iPhoto version 9.4 or later, is required to install this update.
Camera RAW will only download if you have either of these.
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4757

I peeped the Snow Leopard page and D600 is not listed. When you look at the previous link, you notice an asterisk beside some of the DSLRs. Below it states that you have to have a current version of Aperture or iPhoto. idk how this is effected by Image capture or Preview. So maybe try updating your iPhoto? Or get Lightroom 5. I'm going to pick up a copy of LR5. With my teacher discount, it's $79. You could buy a copy of Lion and update your iPhoto which is cheaper than buying LR5.

Buying OS X ?? info here
http://store.apple.com/us/help/downl...oftware#MacOSX
Old 06-11-2013, 11:26 PM   #5
neil1138

I'm on snow leopard (10.6).
neil1138 is offline   Reply With Quote