E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-10-2013, 09:31 AM   #1
bimer21

My Ride: stick 325i
So i decided go boost

I currently drive a 325i with 153k on it, head gasket was replaced and head machine at 145k due to vent valves, car has all maintenance done at 130k.

Now i got siting at home some small turbonetics t3/t4 turbine with treadstone oil feed line and return with all couplings, and also a treadstone intercooler!

And i was thinking to have a little of fun with my eurogirl(bmw).
What you guys this about this? Can the m54b25 be boosted, low boost around 5psi because is my daily driver and i don't want to push it to much.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
bimer21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:28 AM   #2
daemonicus

My Ride: batmobile
install all the hardware, then since you're so close, send it to nick g and have him tune it.
daemonicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:55 AM   #3
bimer21

So i decided go boost

I still need a couple more parts like piping, downpipe, bov and coupling for this, and have question too!
I never boost a bimmer before so can i use my stock injectors for 5psi or should i get bigger ones? Also what should i do with the piping to the intake? I just leave stock from maf to im and connect hard piping direct to maf ?

Old 06-10-2013, 04:57 PM   #4
mike@maximumpsi
boost junky

My Ride: 02M3T, 97M3T
Sell current hardware. Buy Technique Tuning kit. Have a qualified installer put it on. Enjoy your turbo bmw.

If you choose the diy route it will be more expensive in the long run.
Click here for E46Fanatics 1/4 mile standings
Like us on facebook to follow our latest builds and upcoming events!
mike@maximumpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:08 PM   #5
SK330ci

My Ride: 02 330ci w/ 3 Pedals
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@maximumpsi View Post
Sell current hardware. Buy Technique Tuning kit. Have a qualified installer put it on. Enjoy your turbo bmw.

A BIG YES!

Listen to this man, he really knows what he's talking about.

BIMMERS FOR EVER !
SK330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:42 AM   #6
bimmerguy055

My Ride: quick 325
Send a message via AIM to bimmerguy055
it really depends if you can fabricate (weld, problem solve), have tools, motivated, and worth time vs money to do a custom setup. I went that route, and actually spent LESS than "nick G"s kit. plus my car makes more power, has safety features (that DME tuning does not) and I can go in and tweak settings..

If your not a tweaker, or have the time; buy a turbo "kit"

Last edited by bimmerguy055; 06-11-2013 at 01:42 AM.
bimmerguy055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:10 AM   #7
bimer21

So i decided go boost

I have the time and experience, i have boost around 5 car before 3 hondas 1 240sx and 1 2jz on a 300is.
And i really was looking for this technique tuning and i dont see any differences from a turbo kit.

My questions are do i have to remove the MAF? And what about vacuum lines on the F located on intake boots and the intake boots? Also the IACV stay open? If i can solve this i will boost it because piping is not a problem for me, i got a friend who can make then for me under 150$.
So how the car will work without parts mention before? And what kind of tuning i need to get for this?

Thansk

Last edited by bimer21; 06-11-2013 at 05:11 AM.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:46 AM   #8
mike@maximumpsi
boost junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerguy055 View Post
it really depends if you can fabricate (weld, problem solve), have tools, motivated, and worth time vs money to do a custom setup. I went that route, and actually spent LESS than "nick G"s kit. plus my car makes more power, has safety features (that DME tuning does not) and I can go in and tweak settings..

If your not a tweaker, or have the time; buy a turbo "kit"
Yes, you can build a quality turbo kit and run the car on a full standalone. The problem is, no matter how good of a tweaker you are, you will not have an OBD2 compliant car that will pass all of the readiness tests and most state inspections.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:47 AM   #9
mike@maximumpsi
boost junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimer21 View Post
I have the time and experience, i have boost around 5 car before 3 hondas 1 240sx and 1 2jz on a 300is.
And i really was looking for this technique tuning and i dont see any differences from a turbo kit.

My questions are do i have to remove the MAF? And what about vacuum lines on the F located on intake boots and the intake boots? Also the IACV stay open? If i can solve this i will boost it because piping is not a problem for me, i got a friend who can make then for me under 150$.
So how the car will work without parts mention before? And what kind of tuning i need to get for this?

Thansk

You will have an easier time trying to get it to run right with a draw through carburetor setup.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:01 AM   #10
bimer21

So i decided go boost

Im planing to leave stock tb, i dont want to make a huge hp just to hear the bov and a little more of push thats all, and not planing other force induction or other car because i love my eurogirl and dont want to over spend money on other stuff, since i got the most expensive parts already.

Do someone here who have boost its non M before can help?
I still dont know what to do.
I hear that you may disconnect the MAF and ride your car like that but never try it, and with the IACV just put a little ar filter in there and leave it like that, and F vacuum connector run it somewhere on the IM, but i want to know how people who boost it before did it and whats pro and cont! Thanks again
And thanks for reply mike

Last edited by bimer21; 06-11-2013 at 09:02 AM.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:33 AM   #11
mike@maximumpsi
boost junky

Not trying to be a dick, but you will not get it to run correctly on the stock ecu without codes/issues. Just trying to save you the headache.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:11 AM   #12
Commanderwiggin

My Ride: 900rwhp Turbo M3
Quote:
Im planing to leave stock tb, i dont want to make a huge hp just to hear the bov and a little more of push thats all, and not planing other force induction or other car because i love my eurogirl and dont want to over spend money on other stuff, since i got the most expensive parts already.

Do someone here who have boost its non M before can help?
I still dont know what to do.
I hear that you may disconnect the MAF and ride your car like that but never try it, and with the IACV just put a little ar filter in there and leave it like that, and F vacuum connector run it somewhere on the IM, but i want to know how people who boost it before did it and whats pro and cont! Thanks again
And thanks for reply mike

You don't know what to do...it's already been said to you several times...sell the pieces and buy a technique tuning kit.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:11 AM   #13
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@maximumpsi View Post

This.

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:26 AM   #14
bimer21

So i decided go boost

If i have to flash or change computer to run right i will do it, but i wont spend 6k+ on a technique tuning kit when it almost the same thing as a regular boost kit but they figure out what to do with thing im asking for thats all!
Before i pay 6k+ for that crap i sell my car buy an M3 and maybe i got some left over and no problems!
Thanks again for proposing it but for me the technique tuning is not an option and wont pay that much for it, i will prefer to buy AA sc kit will cost less and be more secure for my ride!
The only thing i don't know what to do is what i said before with MAF, IACV & F vacuum lines thats all, and I'm asking here because this is one on the few forum were people really help as a bmw community.
Thanks

Old 06-11-2013, 10:31 AM   #15
Commanderwiggin

Quote:
If i have to flash or change computer to run right i will do it, but i wont spend 6k+ on a technique tuning kit when it almost the same thing as a regular boost kit but they figure out what to do with thing im asking for thats all!
Before i pay 6k+ for that crap i sell my car buy an M3 and maybe i got some left over and no problems!
Thanks again for proposing it but for me the technique tuning is not an option and wont pay that much for it, i will prefer to buy AA sc kit will cost less and be more secure for my ride!
The only thing i don't know what to do is what i said before with MAF, IACV & F vacuum lines thats all, and I'm asking here because this is one on the few forum were people really help as a bmw community.
Thanks

Start listening...the only reliable way to tune the DME on this car for a turbo is Nick G...secondly the supercharger will net you very little in regards to power. Nick G sells a VERY awesome TT kit for this car and at the end of the day will be cheaper than the setup you're attempting to piece together.

Or you can go the full custom route and require a piggyback engine management setup...have fun spending less than 6k on the total kit now.

Seriously dude...pull your head out of your ass and listen.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:34 AM   #16
stevenluczynski

My Ride: Is Steel Blue<3
With the questions you are asking it show that you do not know what you are doing. That is why everyone is suggesting the TT kit
Old 06-11-2013, 10:55 AM   #17
bimer21

So i decided go boost

I got you point but you dont get mines.
What the differences on that g tt kit to other turbo kit?
How they solve this issue?
A turbo kit doesn't have nothing to do with a ECM, unless they sell they own, which i will buy if i need to!
Why would i sell my turbo, intercooler bov and wastegate, that nobody will pay more that 1000$ to buy a turbo, intercooler, bov and wastegate from then at 6k thats ridiculous
I understand you and i dont want you to get mad and start calling me thing but this is common sense, why? What is different on then? How they solve this issue

Old 06-11-2013, 10:58 AM   #18
stevenluczynski

My Ride: Is Steel Blue<3
Quote:
A turbo kit doesn't have nothing to do with a ECM, unless they sell they own, which i will buy if i need to!
Why would i sell my turbo, intercooler bov and wastegate, that nobody will pay more that 1000$ to buy a turbo, intercooler, bov and wastegate from then at 6k thats ridiculous
I understand you and i dont want you to get mad and start calling me thing but this is common sense, why? What is different on then? How they solve this issue

The difference is the countless hours of R&D and the engine management. You can not have the turbo kit run on your car without Tuning or piggyback/ standalone ECU.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:05 AM   #19
Commanderwiggin

Quote:

You don't get the point...and you don't get forced induction.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:05 AM   #20
bimer21

So i decided go boost

Thats what you should tell me at the beginning and not just focus on my to buy it! When i have my set up complete i will go and tune with then if necessary or will find the way to doit, i know i cant put boost with out tune.

Have you boost your ride before?
Have any here boost before a non M?