E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-12-2013, 10:00 AM   #21
evolved

My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Just pre-ordered one of each on Amazon.......no charge until it ships so I've got a while to decide, lol.

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:06 AM   #22
IdahoToyo

My Ride: 4WD Tundra / GS500F
For all you ordering on Amazon I hope you have noticed that the systems are not being released until December 31st. Not to say it still will not fetch a return, however they will be in retail stores prior to this as both companies are going for a "holiday" release....meaning they will be out before gift giving season so parents can have them purchased already.

The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson.
IdahoToyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:06 AM   #23
Green_Shine

My Ride: Back seat riding
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasKing View Post
Democrat.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Far from it. More than likely it's broke Democrats you see hustling for a measly $100
Old 06-12-2013, 10:07 AM   #24
TruckDaddy

My Ride: 1991 Kenworth T600
Ordered 3 PS4's (Best Buy, Amazon, Gamestop) and an Xbox One.

Say what again. Say What AGAIN! I DARE YA, I DOUBLE DARE YA MOTHAFCUKA! SAY WHAT ONE MORE GOD DAMN TIME!
Quote:
Originally Posted by enter
It's a social thing guys get over it. My mom said in Chinese culture the longer your hair down there is the higher class you are, and my mom is one of the classiest ladies i know.
TruckDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:12 AM   #25
TruckDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoToyo View Post
For all you ordering on Amazon I hope you have noticed that the systems are not being released until December 31st. Not to say it still will not fetch a return, however they will be in retail stores prior to this as both companies are going for a "holiday" release....meaning they will be out before gift giving season so parents can have them purchased already.
That's a date holder until the official release date is announced. If you pre-ordered a launch edition one, you'll receive it on release day.

Say what again. Say What AGAIN! I DARE YA, I DOUBLE DARE YA MOTHAFCUKA! SAY WHAT ONE MORE GOD DAMN TIME!
Quote:
It's a social thing guys get over it. My mom said in Chinese culture the longer your hair down there is the higher class you are, and my mom is one of the classiest ladies i know.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:14 AM   #26
GasKing

My Ride: 14 Jeep Wrangler
Preorder PS4/X1 now and sell for double at Xmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Shine View Post
Far from it. More than likely it's broke Democrats you see hustling for a measly $100
It's not the amount that matters it's the fact that your against the concept of flipping something at a profit that gets me. What's the difference in buying a house and selling it for more than you bought it for and this? Hippy.

Old 06-12-2013, 10:15 AM   #27
evolved

Quote:

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
Old 06-12-2013, 10:16 AM   #28
evolved

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoToyo View Post
I would guess they'll still be selling at a premium (albeit a slightly decreased one) by that time. In any event, Prime gives me free shipping and free returns, so it would be nothing more than 10 minutes time out of pocket if I decide against the whole thing.

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past

E46Sig
Old 06-12-2013, 10:17 AM   #29
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:
Conservative over here who is playing this game. Was the first in line at my local gamestop for the PS4 and, for the heck of it, put down a deposit to be the 5th in line for a XB1. Then ordered on Amazon as well

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
2000_328CI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:23 AM   #30
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
Quote:

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:28 AM   #31
MachRc
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 2003 Technik S1 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckDaddy View Post
That's a date holder until the official release date is announced. If you pre-ordered a launch edition one, you'll receive it on release day.
yes, if you order the standard release, you will probably have to wait a few weeks until it is readily available, at which there will be no reason for people to pay a premium(dollars to you) when they can just waltz into any store and pick one up.

I might get in line and see if I can pick one up.

for the ps3, at the beverly center, my friend got paid 200$ for his spot in line.

then he drove down to best buys, and some one paid him 120$ for his place in line.

he just went home and got his system about a week later..for free..

"We've come a long long way together. Through the hard times and the good.
I have to celebrate you baby,.. I have to priase you like I should.."
MachRc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:14 AM   #32
TruckDaddy

^LOL! That's awesome.

Quote:
Old 06-12-2013, 11:38 AM   #33
FadeToblack

My Ride: 2003 accord coupe
Send a message via Yahoo to FadeToblack
ps4 launch edition sold out on Amazon?
Old 06-12-2013, 11:48 AM   #34
farmdog

My Ride: Acura TL
Yep.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:11 PM   #35
MachRc
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 2003 Technik S1 M3
even the xbone launch edition was sold out by last night, DAMN!

"We've come a long long way together. Through the hard times and the good.
I have to celebrate you baby,.. I have to priase you like I should.."
MachRc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:15 PM   #36
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachRc View Post
even the xbone launch edition was sold out by last night, DAMN!
I read that as X-Bone and laft

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:01 PM   #37
Green_Shine

My Ride: Back seat riding
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasKing View Post
It's not the amount that matters it's the fact that your against the concept of flipping something at a profit that gets me. What's the difference in buying a house and selling it for more than you bought it for and this? Hippy.
Dear Turktard,

That is a neat story but nothing like flipping a house as a flip requires sweat equity, what you would be doing is similar to that of scalping tickets and reselling for a higher price than face value..Providing nothing to the economy.

But hey, if you want to bottom feed for a profit equivalent to that of a hot meal from Bob Evans by all means ball on until they find you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Conservative over here who is playing this game. Was the first in line at my local gamestop for the PS4 and, for the heck of it, put down a deposit to be the 5th in line for a XB1. Then ordered on Amazon as well
Should have went far far right like me and went Amazon with no sales tax bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
Old 06-12-2013, 03:58 PM   #38
Zell

My Ride: '02 Dogemobile Shibe
Quote:
Originally Posted by coco savage View Post
Preordering, ebay auction sell for profit, ship out is really not that much work.

Especially now that eBay has shopping labels you can print and you just are dropping off a package
They're going to do a retail release before the preorders ship out. That's where the money will be. It's asinine to wake up at the buttcrack of dawn 3 days ahead of time to get a system and then sell on eBay. Unless you're a die hard gottahaveitnowNOWNOW kind of person. But I think we've all learned from the initial 360 release. Somehow my launch 360 is still alive.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:11 PM   #39
GasKing

My Ride: 14 Jeep Wrangler

Quote:
Dear Turktard,

That is a neat story but nothing like flipping a house as a flip requires sweat equity, what you would be doing is similar to that of scalping tickets and reselling for a higher price than face value..Providing nothing to the economy.

But hey, if you want to bottom feed for a profit equivalent to that of a hot meal from Bob Evans by all means ball on until they find you.

I understand its not flipping houses. It's the same concept. You said you hate people who buy consoles and sell them at a higher price. It's the same thing not everyone can flip a house so they'll go flip some electronics. Better than robbing someone, hate people who commit crime not flip something.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:20 PM   #40
fayraree

My Ride: 04 M3 vert

Quote:
Dear Turktard,

Hey greentard, what do u call the effort to make an online purchase, receive shipment, list for sale, pay auction fees, and ship the unit out? Ball sweat equity? Same with standing in line for hrs for tickets or dropping all ur priorities to be waiting for event tickets to go on sale and fighting the high web traffic (sometimes takes several attempts to get through) and not to mention the cost of funds to tie up ur resources (no matter how small) in the product u want to flip?

Probably didnt do too well on ur SATs, did ya?