E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-13-2013, 01:36 PM   #81
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckDaddy View Post
No sir. If you go to bestbuy.com and click Order Status on the top right, a list of your orders will show up. Click on the order number and on the left side under the quantity number there's a cancel item box. Check it and you can cancel your order.

I think I might cancel my order of XBone. Been looking at the ones they have for sale on ebay. There are hundreds of XBone's up for bid but VERY few bids on them. Also, they XBone Launch Edition is back up on Amazon. Don't know if they got more Launch editions or if people are canceling their orders. My guess is the latter.
Correct in that you can cancel the order for a full refund. I meant that you just have to spend the cash NOW on it. They immediately bill your CC whereas Amazon won't charge you until they ship the item.

I have one xbone preordered at Gamestop which they guaranteed launch day delivery... but I have less and less confidence that it will be a solid investment
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachRc View Post
The pre-order is still open, but it tought to drop 4 bills plus tax, now and have to wait five months to see returns. Especially if its going to be only 100-200 dollars.
Which preorder through who? GameStop? If so, they only ask for 100 to reserve it.

BestBuy charges your CC now
Amazon doesn't charge you till they ship.

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:38 PM   #82
Amoeba

My Ride: his: zhp hers: 325ci
Send a message via Yahoo to Amoeba
It's weird we say bestbuy charges you now. Because it won't accept a credit card that will expire around launch date... Why would it do that if it wasn't planning to hold off charging until launch?
Old 06-13-2013, 01:49 PM   #83
TnT817

My Ride: 01 330ci
Preorder PS4/X1 now and sell for double at Xmas

If it expires then they have no where to bill it to and that's wasting a pre order slot for them. It will probably stay pending till then. They can't technically take your money without you getting a product. That's why it will more than likely stay pending.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Last edited by TnT817; 06-13-2013 at 01:51 PM.
TnT817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:50 PM   #84
TruckDaddy

My Ride: 1991 Kenworth T600
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Correct in that you can cancel the order for a full refund. I meant that you just have to spend the cash NOW on it. They immediately bill your CC whereas Amazon won't charge you until they ship the item.

I have one xbone preordered at Gamestop which they guaranteed launch day delivery... but I have less and less confidence that it will be a solid investment

Which preorder through who? GameStop? If so, they only ask for 100 to reserve it.

BestBuy charges your CC now
Amazon doesn't charge you till they ship.
Hmmm, weird. I had an online chat with a best buy rep and asked that very thing. He said they don't charge your card. They just place a hold on the money until it ships. Once it ships, then you get billed. Did you pay with the best buy credit card or with another card?

EDIT: You're right. Just checked my credit card balance and while there's no transaction under recent activity, the amount owed has been charged.

Say what again. Say What AGAIN! I DARE YA, I DOUBLE DARE YA MOTHAFCUKA! SAY WHAT ONE MORE GOD DAMN TIME!
Quote:
Originally Posted by enter
It's a social thing guys get over it. My mom said in Chinese culture the longer your hair down there is the higher class you are, and my mom is one of the classiest ladies i know.

Last edited by TruckDaddy; 06-13-2013 at 01:55 PM.
TruckDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:55 PM   #85
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckDaddy View Post
Hmmm, weird. I had an online chat with a best buy rep and asked that very thing. He said they don't charge your card. They just place a hold on the money until it ships. Once it ships, then you get billed. Did you pay with the best buy credit card or with another card?

EDIT: You're right. Just checked my credit card balance and while there's no transaction under recent activity, the amount owed has been charged.
Ah perhaps this is the case. A "hold". Not sure how that works but I have Amex set to send me an email any time I get an electronic charge (set up after someone tried to use my card to buy concert tickets in Canada)....

I got a notification that Best Buy had charged my card... perhaps the "hold" and "charge" are treated the same by this system

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Old 06-13-2013, 02:41 PM   #86
BreakfastBurrito

My Ride: stock
you can still buy the PS4 launch edition from BB?
Old 06-13-2013, 02:48 PM   #87
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325max View Post
you can still buy the PS4 launch edition from BB?
They don't specify.. but you can order the PS4 through BB online : http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Video-Ga...at295700050012

Old 06-13-2013, 02:52 PM   #88
MachRc
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 2003 Technik S1 M3
http://www.1up.com/news/buy-blames-p...-orders-glitch

I do remember though last time and many other times when BB did not honor pre-orders..take for instance the last ps3..

Quote:
Best Buy's website specifically states they have every right to cancel your order and have no obligation to keep up the agreement, even if this all seems unfair.

"Your receipt of an electronic or other form of order confirmation does not signify our acceptance of your order, nor does it constitute confirmation of our offer to sell. The Best Buy Web site reserves the right at any time after receipt of your order to accept or decline your order for any reason."

"We've come a long long way together. Through the hard times and the good.
I have to celebrate you baby,.. I have to priase you like I should.."

Last edited by MachRc; 06-13-2013 at 02:53 PM.
MachRc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:39 PM   #89
titanium330

My Ride: E39 540i/6
titanium330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:46 PM   #90
IdahoToyo

My Ride: 4WD Tundra / GS500F
Chase, you seem to be hustlin' as hard for these new systems as you were for 30rd mags.

The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson.
IdahoToyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:40 PM   #91
ThE GrEAt OnE

My Ride: has a 3 pointed star
i went to gamestop today and preordered a launch edition ps4, only 3 spots left after he took my order (this is a low volume gamestop in small strip mall.) dont go to high traffic gamestops, go to a low volume store and you have a chance at a launch edition.

ThE GrEAt OnE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:23 PM   #92
GasKing

My Ride: 14 Jeep Wrangler
Preorder PS4/X1 now and sell for double at Xmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThE GrEAt OnE View Post
i went to gamestop today and preordered a launch edition ps4, only 3 spots left after he took my order (this is a low volume gamestop in small strip mall.) dont go to high traffic gamestops, go to a low volume store and you have a chance at a launch edition.
My little brother got a launch edition preorder at the GameStop in bay shore. The one in the ballys shopping center by south shore mall. The guy told him there was many spots still available.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Last edited by GasKing; 06-13-2013 at 07:24 PM.
GasKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:25 PM   #93
VaderDave
Invictus

My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by titanium330 View Post
This is what I keep thinking to myself. Our local BestBuy has always had plenty of Xbox and PS3 and Wii consoles, even right after they came out, even at Christmas.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:26 PM   #94
325inthe510

My Ride: 152ci of madness
I don't think I'm going to bother trying to flip one, especially considering BB charges on the spot

I'll just enjoy my personal ps4

325inthe510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:16 PM   #95
BreakfastBurrito

My Ride: stock
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post
This is what I keep thinking to myself. Our local BestBuy has always had plenty of Xbox and PS3 and Wii consoles, even right after they came out, even at Christmas.
You also have to realize some people don't live near highly populated areas with plenty of stores. And some people have plenty of $$$ and don't want to bother with trying to find one so they'll (even if there are plenty) and just order it ebay.

How about Radio Shack, do they do launch editions?
Old 06-13-2013, 09:56 PM   #96
VaderDave
Invictus

My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
Re: Preorder PS4/X1 now and sell for double at Xmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325max View Post
You also have to realize some people don't live near highly populated areas with plenty of stores. And some people have plenty of $$$ and don't want to bother with trying to find one so they'll (even if there are plenty) and just order it ebay.

How about Radio Shack, do they do launch editions?
So the target market is rich people who live in the boonies? Got it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using BimmerApp mobile app
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:33 AM   #97
coco savage

My Ride: 325i
Re: Preorder PS4/X1 now and sell for double at Xmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post
Ya but even if they do eBay will have tons of auctions. And there will be those who still pay. I suffer if they're auctions up already

Random Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black107 View Post
he's just the resident off-topic ball breaker. Dont take it personally.
coco savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:19 AM   #98
Green_Shine

My Ride: Back seat riding
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Ah perhaps this is the case. A "hold". Not sure how that works but I have Amex set to send me an email any time I get an electronic charge (set up after someone tried to use my card to buy concert tickets in Canada)....

I got a notification that Best Buy had charged my card... perhaps the "hold" and "charge" are treated the same by this system
Best Buy charging full price sucks.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:24 AM   #99
boostedisbetter

My Ride: 03 S2000
Went to pick up "The last of Us" last night, which is awesome btw, and they JUST got 20 more Launch-day pre-orders, snagged one of those up. I'm number 37 for that store I also randomly met a guy with a E46 that's on the forum lol.... Forget his username though...
Old 06-14-2013, 11:22 AM   #100
FadeToblack

My Ride: 2003 accord coupe
Send a message via Yahoo to FadeToblack
Got a launch edition PS4 pre order at Gamestop today.

All the gamer kids in there were hatin hard on the new xbox.

Last edited by FadeToblack; 06-14-2013 at 11:22 AM.
FadeToblack is offline   Reply With Quote