E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-13-2013, 09:32 AM   #21
Lair
Modded ///Member
 
Lair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sea level
Posts: 321
My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
The hypocrites that bent over for this when it mattered but whine about it now are the biggest hypocrites.
__________________

Quote:
Are you following him?

Yes.
Congratulations.
Lair is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:00 AM   #22
BB BMW
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Right Here
Posts: 499
My Ride: 04 330ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
Obviously that was just another republican lie.
Geez..do you liasten to the news?

The Patriot Act was due to expire under Obama, but was voted on to extend it. O and the demos approved the extension with amendments.

Under Bushco, the Patriot Act was "ONLY" to monitor incoming and outgoing calls to countries that we deemed a threat or those non-citizens here on visas, etc. But was never to monitor every American citizen.

and no I was not OK with it then either, but now they have gone overboard with the Big Brother intrusions. ie - IRS, NSA, DOJ, etc., etc.
__________________

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson
BB BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:03 AM   #23
evolved
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 818
My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB BMW View Post
Geez..do you liasten to the news?

The Patriot Act was due to expire under Obama, but was voted on to extend it. O and the demos approved the extension with amendments.

Under Bushco, the Patriot Act was "ONLY" to monitor incoming and outgoing calls to countries that we deemed a threat or those non-citizens here on visas, etc. But was never to monitor every American citizen.

and no I was not OK with it then either, but now they have gone overboard with the Big Brother intrusions. ie - IRS, NSA, DOJ, etc., etc.
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.co...re-transparent

Jus'sayin'
__________________

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:17 AM   #24
BB BMW
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Right Here
Posts: 499
My Ride: 04 330ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
Probably only because there was a Whistle-Blower.
I can't really believe that this admin has been transparent on ANYTHING.
I know all admins have to keep certain things from the public, but we don't really know much at all about the guy in the whitehouse. Hell, he doesn't even want us to know his scholl grades. Maybe the NSA or IRS know what they were.
__________________

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson
BB BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:21 AM   #25
evolved
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 818
My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i


People still in a twist over his grades.

We wouldn't have known Dubya's grades if it weren't for someone stealing them and leaking them.
__________________

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:28 AM   #26
BB BMW
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Right Here
Posts: 499
My Ride: 04 330ci ZHP
All hypocrites
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	970726_488657144541595_2120581189_n.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	510849  
__________________

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson
BB BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:48 AM   #27
jeffro3000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 2,812
My Ride: 2000 328i
Re: IRS, NSA, DNA, Benghazi, Fast and Furious, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB BMW View Post
Obama Promises
"No More Ignoring The Law"
By Spying On & Tracking Citizens
In 2007 Election Speech


http://www.mrconservative.com/2013/0...ection-speech/

Exactly what I was talking about.
Obama raised hell about the patriot act when Bush was pres, along with the deficit, the debt ceiling being raised, etc. They are cut from the same cloth only one is Red and one is Blue.
From the 2007 speech:

"I will provide our intelligence and law enforcement agencies with the tools they need to track and take out the terrorists, without undermining our Constitution and our freedom."

"That means no more illegal wiretapping of American citizens. No more national security letters to spy on citizens who are not suspected of a crime. No more tracking citizens who do no more than protest a misguided war. No more ignoring the law when it is inconvenient. That is not who we are. It is not what is necessary to defeat the terrorist. The FISA Court works, the separation of powers works, our Constitution works. We will again set an example for the world that the law is not subject to the whims of subject rules and that justice is not arbitrary. This administration acts like violating civil liberties is the way to enhance our security. It is not. There are no shortcuts to protecting America."



Yet another load of hot air from a smooth talking politician. Bush would be proud of how well Obama has continued the patriot act, and has generally done the opposite of what he said above.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
jeffro3000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:02 AM   #28
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: 3.5 Liters of fury
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post


People still in a twist over his grades.

We wouldn't have known Dubya's grades if it weren't for someone stealing them and leaking them.
funny how so many things that get leaked, presumably benefit democrats.
__________________
Gold Medal Recipient: Jimmy Rustling (2014)

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:05 AM   #29
evolved
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 818
My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
funny how so many things that get leaked, presumably benefit democrats.
I'm not sure if it's equal or not, but plenty of things are leaked that damage both sides.
__________________

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:09 PM   #30
Rhumb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 103
My Ride: 2001 M3 Coupe
Re: IRS, NSA, DNA, Benghazi, Fast and Furious, etc.

I don't think those on the left are quite so fine with the NSA stuff as you posit them to be. Generally I tend to find the right, or at least the GOPers, to be more apt to toe new the party line (Vaunted GOP party discipline; cue Reagan's admonishon never to speak badly of fellow Republicans). The left tend to be a bit more contemptuous of hierarchical/party discipline for better or worse ("I don't belong to an organized political party, I'm a democrat.").

As for the far more inflated/ manufactured other, umm, "scandals," then yes, not much manufactured outrage.

Last edited by Rhumb; 06-17-2013 at 11:13 AM.
Rhumb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:53 PM   #31
Lair
Modded ///Member
 
Lair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sea level
Posts: 321
My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro3000 View Post
From the 2007 speech:

“I will provide our intelligence and law enforcement agencies with the tools they need to track and take out the terrorists, without undermining our Constitution and our freedom.”

"That means no more illegal wiretapping of American citizens. No more national security letters to spy on citizens who are not suspected of a crime. No more tracking citizens who do no more than protest a misguided war. No more ignoring the law when it is inconvenient. That is not who we are. It is not what is necessary to defeat the terrorist. The FISA Court works, the separation of powers works, our Constitution works. We will again set an example for the world that the law is not subject to the whims of subject rules and that justice is not arbitrary. This administration acts like violating civil liberties is the way to enhance our security. It is not. There are no shortcuts to protecting America.”



Yet another load of hot air from a smooth talking politician. Bush would be proud of how well Obama has continued the patriot act, and has generally done the opposite of what he said above.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
What laws have been broken?
__________________

Quote:
Are you following him?

Yes.
Congratulations.
Lair is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:37 PM   #32
Raymond42262
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: The South
Posts: 453
My Ride: Is German
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB BMW View Post
Probably only because there was a Whistle-Blower.
I can't really believe that this admin has been transparent on ANYTHING.
I know all admins have to keep certain things from the public, but we don't really know much at all about the guy in the whitehouse. Hell, he doesn't even want us to know his scholl grades. Maybe the NSA or IRS know what they were.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post


People still in a twist over his grades.

We wouldn't have known Dubya's grades if it weren't for someone stealing them and leaking them.
I don't give a damn about a man's college gpa. Anyone who has ever gone to college knows that your gpa only means something for your first job. It does not replace ambition, motivation or success.

What bothers me is that Obama has been so reluctant to release them and I don't think it is his gpa, I think it is something else on them like his religious affiliation or his record of birth or that fact that he might have a green card ISN number instead of a ss number.
__________________
"The grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, someone to love, and something to hope for."....Joseph Addison
--------------------
Raymond42262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:58 PM   #33
evolved
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 818
My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond42262 View Post
I don't give a damn about a man's college gpa. Anyone who has ever gone to college knows that your gpa only means something for your first job. It does not replace ambition, motivation or success.

What bothers me is that Obama has been so reluctant to release them and I don't think it is his gpa, I think it is something else on them like his religious affiliation or his record of birth or that fact that he might have a green card ISN number instead of a ss number.
So, what must Bush have been hiding? Why didn't he release his?
__________________

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:14 PM   #34
badfast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Northern Korea
Posts: 526
My Ride: A Car
In light of the NSA Prism program the sale of Orwell's 1984 has increased. Great, let the stupid arguments and comparisons begin!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/b...mber_249269659
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:53 PM   #35
phrozen06
NA V8
 
phrozen06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 39°27'33"N 77°58'04"W
Posts: 7,513
My Ride: E46, E92 M3, R32 VW
Send a message via Yahoo to phrozen06
Is the GOP/Tea Party ready to impeach yet because I'm waiting for that shoe to drop. Seems like they have a good case to impeach right? Or.........do they realize that impeachment proceedings could spell political suicide with their constituents who are looking for jobs and/or trying to make ends meet and couldn't give a **** about a scandal whether real or manufactured? I do recall the GOP/Tea Party running on Job Creation during the midterms but the only thing they've created is 1000 ways to use a filibuster.
__________________

S65: 4.0 Liter, V8, 414 hp @8,300 rpm, 295 lb/ft @3900 rpm, 445 lb, DOHC, 12:1 C/R, crankshaft 44 lb, wet sump.
2 oil pumps,double vanos variable valve timing, EMS: MSS60, 8 electronically controlled individual throttle butterflies.
4 valves per cylinder, cracked trapezoidal connecting rods, brake energy regeneration. Ion-flow combustion monitoring.


Last edited by phrozen06; 06-14-2013 at 04:00 PM.
phrozen06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:19 PM   #36
Lair
Modded ///Member
 
Lair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sea level
Posts: 321
My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
What laws have been broken?
Nobody's going to tackle this?
__________________

Quote:
Are you following him?

Yes.
Congratulations.
Lair is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:15 AM   #37
Rhumb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 103
My Ride: 2001 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
Nobody's going to tackle this?
Well, many GOP/TPers have and have so far failed to come up with anything of real substance. Lot's of smoke, little flame.
Rhumb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:32 PM   #38
bagher
Registered User
 
bagher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Vienna, VA
Posts: 17,852
My Ride: Neocon outrage
Send a message via AIM to bagher Send a message via Skype™ to bagher
__________________
** Removed **
bagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:41 PM   #39
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: 3.5 Liters of fury
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
how many threads are you going to post that in? Program has been expanded exponentially since the PA (not that it excuses anything). You're not really comparing apples to apples, go back to media matters (tax exempt lol) and get a better gif
__________________
Gold Medal Recipient: Jimmy Rustling (2014)

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin

Last edited by Act of God; 06-17-2013 at 12:41 PM.
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:11 PM   #40
BB BMW
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Right Here
Posts: 499
My Ride: 04 330ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagher View Post
When the PA was first passed under Bush, they were monitoring calls from outside the US from countries deemed a threat to national security and non-cirizens calling these same countries.

NOW

They are monitoring YOU and all American citizens.

See the difference.

(I guess you're OK with it either way.)

Since they can't keep up with many of the people here illegally, I guess they just decided to monitor everyone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8584_10151511407543717_521341521_n.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	511497  
__________________

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by BB BMW; 06-17-2013 at 01:13 PM.
BB BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use