E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW News from around the Web

BMW News from around the Web
Submit the latest BMW news from around the world for other E46Fanatics members to check out.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-15-2013, 09:44 PM   #41
MDydinanM

My Ride: is a ///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by phrozen06 View Post
The M4 will be pure bada$$.
we'll see
MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:48 PM   #42
06E46M3
Banned User

My Ride: L;KL;KL;KL;LKL;;KLL
yeah but its a ****en M4...and will **** up all these rap lines
"dare i squeeze 3 at yo cherry m3"
"no work release purple M3's and jet skis"
"my n!ggass roll in ten M3's. 20 Gods popping wheelies on Kawasaki's."

i love to listen to 93.5 or 90s hip hop while driving at night in dat beemer. it is the most fitting synchronicity when youre in the M3 and one of those lines comes on. makes me feel like im in the right place at the right time.

the 6 GT is my favorite sedan, the 6 is gorgeous, 7 is enviable, F10 5 is pretty damn good looking. It's just this lower echelon (which is my favorite model) that BMW really f*cked up on

Last edited by 06E46M3; 06-15-2013 at 09:56 PM.
06E46M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:53 PM   #43
bimmerfan08

My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
This forum has some of the worst grammar I have ever seen. I can only hope people are skimping on it because it's a forum.

Not even mentioning the efficiencies of larger countries.

As divided as this country is, at least we are one.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:04 PM   #44
06E46M3
Banned User

My Ride: L;KL;KL;KL;LKL;;KLL
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
This forum has some of the worst grammar I have ever seen. I can only hope people are skimping on it because it's a forum.
jus have no give a ****s
06E46M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:11 PM   #45
bimmerfan08

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06E46M3 View Post
jus have no give a ****s
My point proven.

Old 06-15-2013, 10:16 PM   #46
fayraree

My Ride: 04 M3 vert
Quote:
that's my excuse...

but i make up for it in n00dz

Edit:
saw the bmw vid and that head designer Karim should be shot. hate the stretched kidneys and over-inflated hood.

Last edited by fayraree; 06-15-2013 at 10:26 PM.
fayraree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:57 PM   #47
that_one_guy

My Ride: 3er Schaltgetriebe
The new 2er will be cool at least right?
Old 06-16-2013, 10:13 AM   #48
v8 5

My Ride: 6 speed BMW
They're showcasing a base or sports version

So it's not much different than seeing

in the background

We have 4 websites within the family.
v8 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 05:46 PM   #49
Stankia

My Ride: 4.2FSI S-Line
Quote:
Slapping M badges on every one of their models in some shape or form is ruining the brand image. BMW needs to take a look at their marketing scheme and maybe do some reconsidering.
They do just fine with the sales.
Old 06-16-2013, 06:20 PM   #50
evolved

My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Slapping M badges on every one of their models in some shape or form is ruining the brand image. BMW needs to take a look at their marketing scheme and maybe do some reconsidering.
If I'm not mistaking BMW has been growing revenue, sales and profit every year for quite some time with 2012 being their most successful year ever (if I remember right). I think they know what they're doing, lol.

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:02 PM   #51
v8 5

My Ride: 6 speed BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
If I'm not mistaking BMW has been growing revenue, sales and profit every year for quite some time with 2012 being their most successful year ever (if I remember right). I think they know what they're doing, lol.
Nah bro, need to appease all the people on the internet message boards not buying new cars.

We have 4 websites within the family.
v8 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:10 PM   #52
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!

My Ride: M4 and RRS (sold!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06E46M3 View Post
god its so fail
ugh
RIP M3

i remember looking at the E92 M3 like..wow..how are they ever gonna top this. i cant wait
and didnt realize that they weren't going to.
If you're being honest, you were one of the very few. MOST members on internet forums abhorred the E9X and the E46 ascended to higher levels of praise (...but many of those same people abhorred the E46 and praised the E36, and claimed that the E46 was an abomination). It happens every time BMW releases a new car. Mark my words, one day people will rant and rave about the F3X when BMW releases their next wave of new designs.

FWIW, I have always liked all of the 3-series iterations, but I will stand by my current feelings about the F3X. I hate the boomerang on the side, the "iPad Mini on the dash" nav screen, and a few other interior design cues, but I like the car overall. I give the exterior of the F3X the nod, but I love the E9X interior much better though.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 06-16-2013 at 07:12 PM.
M3Inline6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:16 PM   #53
fayraree

My Ride: 04 M3 vert
BMW 4 series coupe

I loved the e92 coupe when its images were first released. It's what pulled me into the BMW dealer and I ended up buying an e46 m3 vert back in '07. I liked the e92 coupe much more than the e46 coupe.

The M is another story (and I'm not biased cuz I bought one lol). The e46 M is far more dramatic visually than the e92. It is literally bulging out of its panels. The flared fenders combined with the straight (not curvy) lines and hard angles, it is more visually striking and appealing to me. I did like the e36 but the e46 M blew it out of the water.

I was pretty disappointed with the design of the e92 M exterior. Yes, the bumpers are cool and the performance is not comparable (at another level, although in stock form, the e92 M is a bit mushy and not as stiff-feeling as the suspension, steering response, and 6sp of the e46 M--modded is another story). However the curvy style BMW went with was not my cup of tea.

They've totally missed the mark with this 4 series imo. I hope they change the hood design (not just bulges etc) but the whole thing as well as the kidney grill. Then it might have a chance for me as a potential buyer.

Otherwise I'll be bailing on this generation and maybe look at the M2.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Last edited by fayraree; 06-16-2013 at 08:17 PM.
fayraree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:33 PM   #54
bimmerfan08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stankia View Post
They do just fine with the sales.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
Perhaps. Time will tell though. Maybe actual M models will see a dip in sales, if you can get M performance on all the regular models. Not saying this will happen to BMW, but pick up some decent marketing books and read through case studies over the years of companies going over the top (automotive included) and losing their differentiating attributes. Also, read up on some of the new performance reviews on some of the new generational vehicles.

2012 was indeed the best year for them yet overall. Let's sit and watch over the next few years which way the profits go for M models.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/03/08/b...dis-is-better/

Last edited by bimmerfan08; 06-16-2013 at 08:40 PM.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:44 PM   #55
5speed5er

My Ride: TreTreFive
Absolutely beautiful, minus the sport bs on the side. Stunning.
5speed5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:08 AM   #56
Mike Larry

My Ride: 575 nello
BMW 4 series coupe

Is it possible I spotted a spy shot of the new 4 series this morning? Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1371474483.426381.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	183.7 KB
ID:	511467Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1371474495.121000.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	216.1 KB
ID:	511468

Old 06-17-2013, 08:16 AM   #57
bmwti
yuppie racing

My Ride: 2008 335i coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
If you're being honest, you were one of the very few. MOST members on internet forums abhorred the E9X and the E46 ascended to higher levels of praise (...but many of those same people abhorred the E46 and praised the E36, and claimed that the E46 was an abomination). It happens every time BMW releases a new car. Mark my words, one day people will rant and rave about the F3X when BMW releases their next wave of new designs.

FWIW, I have always liked all of the 3-series iterations, but I will stand by my current feelings about the F3X. I hate the boomerang on the side, the "iPad Mini on the dash" nav screen, and a few other interior design cues, but I like the car overall. I give the exterior of the F3X the nod, but I love the E9X interior much better though.
agreed-

I remember when the E46 first came out, and there were a ton of people on the dtmpower forums, complaining that it was too big and too heavy. Same thing when the facelifts came out, and people were annoyed at the designs of the headlights. Same thing with the E90 and E92, E46fanatics complained about the size, or the interior. I actually didnt like the e92 at first, and now when I see it parked next to my old e46- I actually like the newer car design much more.

Now the new F30X is coming out, and its the same crap all over again.

oh and

vida guerra has a fat @ss.

Last edited by bmwti; 06-17-2013 at 08:23 AM.
bmwti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:46 AM   #58
5speed5er

My Ride: TreTreFive
BMW 4 series coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Larry View Post
Is it possible I spotted a spy shot of the new 4 series this morning? Attachment 511467Attachment 511468

Looks to be so

Old 06-17-2013, 09:17 AM   #59
Grande D

My Ride: E90 M-Sport
Uh oh. That mule has a large, independent M badge plopped on the fender. BMW's tact is long gone.

Last edited by Grande D; 06-17-2013 at 09:17 AM.
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:26 AM   #60
SamDoe1

My Ride: Clubs baby seals
Quote:
Their marketing is bang on for the general public. Most people who buy these cars don't give two sh!ts about the performance or handling, they buy them for the name and the prestige that comes with it. Enthusiasts make up maybe 5-10% of the market hence why BMW doesn't care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergo_the_mule View Post
Lol no matter what you guys think, they will sell like hot cakes.
^ This.

Car is fugly though.
SamDoe1 is online now   Reply With Quote