E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-19-2013, 07:07 PM   #1
tmr931

My Ride: 330ci
help with DICE system

I recently installed an audiovox DICE system in my 2001 330ci and I cant get it to work. I acquired this second hand, so I can not confirm that it is in working order, but I dont see why it wouldnt be. Everything is hooked up properly. I have the business single disc cd player. I do not have a cd changer, but the appropriate wiring harness was still found inside the driver side trunk panel. I put the radio on AUX, plug in my ipod and press play, and nothing plays, nor displays on the radio. Am I doing something wrong? From what Ive found online, it is a straight forward process which leads me to believe that the unit is bad. Any help would be great. Thanks

also, is this made to work with iTunes as well as Pandora, youtube, etc? I have tried all of the above
tmr931 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:43 PM   #2
sk8ersublime

My Ride: 2001 330Xi
I have been reading a little about these as I am about to pickup a 2001 330xi w/ factory Nav, and I will absolutely need my iPhone to dock to the radio. Do you have NAV in your car? They have a version that works with NAV and one that doesn't apparently. Maybe that is the problem?
sk8ersublime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:03 PM   #3
Mau330i

My Ride: '02 330i
I'm no sure about your radio, but in mine (the cassette player one) mode have to be set to CD CHANGER.

The AUX mode you have will let you connect your phone or ipod directly.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf bmw_dice_gs.pdf (3.71 MB, 5 views)
Old 06-19-2013, 10:42 PM   #4
tmr931

yea youre right, i dont actually have an aux button, i press the CD button a time or 2 and AUX comes up on the screen.

I dont have a cd changer in my car but neither did the car that it came out of.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:59 PM   #5
Hovs13

My Ride: E46 325ci
help with DICE system

Have u tried hooking up an audio source to the dice aux input? When you press the cd button and it changes to aux, it means the dice is now in aux mode. Double click on the track advance/back buttons < or > within 3 seconds of the screen displaying aux and the dice should switch over to another input such as USB, or BT ( Bluetooth). If you don't switch sources within this short time, you will have to switch back to radio and then back to the cd changer to be reset the timer. Double clicking is required for changing various options so if nothing happens try double clicking the buttons. You should search for the user manual from the dice website. The user interface has a pretty significant learning curve that's not intuitive so the manual is key.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Hovs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:15 PM   #6
tmr931

nice. got it... thanks
Old 06-20-2013, 05:51 PM   #7
jlgone

My Ride: 2002 330 CiC
Make sure the ipod is fully charged and turned on and playing music before you onnect it. Connect it first, the go from FM to CD. If that doesn't work, leave it playing and connected, turn off the car, disconnect the battery, wait 5 mins to make sure the power discharges, reconnnect battery, then turn on car. The dice should start streaming text and play music after a minute or so.

The Dice is great when it works but it can be tempermental. I have to do this once every six months or so. There is a Dice thread in the audio forum here with much more detailed step by step instructions for trouble shooting it.
jlgone is offline   Reply With Quote