E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > ///M3 Forum

///M3 Forum
The BMW E46 ///M3 is the M version E46 and puts out an amazing 333 HP and 262 lb-ft of torque at stock specs! There are an amazing amount of modifications for both the coupe and convertible models so read up and get started modifying your cars today!

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-26-2013, 10:18 PM   #61
braymond141

My Ride: 96 M3, 98 M3, 01 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by HallisterJ1 View Post
Appreciate the positive criticism, I've secured a couple potential buyers. I'm selling it soon after it looks pretty. You are right though in some of your arguments! I'm waiting on better offers, been getting low 20's. All the Dinan stuff stays.
If you're getting offers in the low 20's and they know the car is salvage title; take it and run. Like I said, you're looking for someone with coke bottle glasses... if you found that get out of the car now.

Retail KBB on that car is only 18,600 for a clear title in Excellent condition.
Enthusiast pristine condition and manual 6-spd, you'd be able to push 20-22, clear title... but black on black isn't exactly sought after.
Low 20's with salvage SMG is just absurd for anyone to pay.

Central California BMW Parts Swap
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1526941747526167/

Last edited by braymond141; 08-26-2013 at 10:25 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:20 PM   #62
braymond141

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAgXi View Post
WTF? That's not sunlight damage. That's fire damage. I wouldn't buy your car for any amount. Sorry.
That's not fire damage. If you can't be logical, don't post. The original roundels from his car (all E46) are a plastic base chromed with a glued on BMW logo. It's a common occurrence from 30k miles to 100k miles for the originals to just flake off in the wind or wash, or theft. The revised one piece emblems have resolved this issue. The same goes for the older roundel wheel caps which were also two parts glued together.

Last edited by braymond141; 08-26-2013 at 10:22 PM.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:05 AM   #63
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HallisterJ1 View Post
I'm waiting on better offers, been getting low 20's. All the Dinan stuff stays.
low 20s, meaning low stacks of $20.00 bills right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by helmutm3 View Post
For a low 20s offer you should also throw in your 3 series dd. If that was the case I should expect 40k for my car since its mint with same mileage and zero accidents.
haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by jclip View Post
I would be absolutely SHOCKED if someone were to pay anywhere near the $20k mark for a salvage title, SMG M3. Good luck with your sale, OP
let me guess, it was some prince in africa that was offering that much. but he only has a check for $30,000 and wants him to send him a check back for the difference and then he'll have it shipped.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAgXi View Post
WTF? That's not sunlight damage. That's fire damage.
never thought of that. could be some heat damage from engine bay, but more likely just the piss poor job of the replacement hood being painted along with the other stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by braymond141 View Post
If you're getting offers in the low 20's and they know the car is salvage title; take it and run. Like I said, you're looking for someone with coke bottle glasses...
Low 20's with salvage SMG is just absurd for anyone to pay.
low 20s, that really is funny. i don't think anyone believes that story.

Quote:
That's not fire damage. If you can't be logical, don't post. The original roundels from his car (all E46) are a plastic base chromed with a glued on BMW logo.
It's a common occurrence from 30k miles to 100k miles for the originals to just flake off in the wind or wash
who said anything about the Roundel badge?
he's talking about the paint
Old 08-27-2013, 09:00 AM   #64
TiAgXi

My Ride: e46xi, e46m
Sorry....I missed your post where you said it was a replacement/repainted hood. OE paint doesn't ever peel like that so I was thinking it had to be extreme conditions, e.g. a brush with fire. Even so, that roundel is toast, literally.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:00 AM   #65
TiAgXi

My Ride: e46xi, e46m
Quote:
If you can't be logical, don't post.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:44 PM   #66
jclip

My Ride: 06 m3, 01 325
Also, it appears that the repair shop that performed the repairs on this this did a piss poor job. As someone previously mentioned, the wrong headlights were used. This most likely means hat someone put used lamps out of a 330ci, no price inference in the M and 330ci xenon lamps, so why would one do this? Maybe used 330 lamps were available locally? Also, the delaminating finish is not limited to he hood, but also the fenders, front bumper cover, and also the windshield pillar. To correctly fix this would require chemically stripping these panels, along with blending the adjacent panels. Bottom line, for $8k this was an alright deal. But noway is this thing worth more than $12k-$13k, AFTER REPAIRS. All in all, if you purchased this to turn a profit, consider yourself lucky if you are able to break even...
Old 08-27-2013, 06:42 PM   #67
Hektik02

My Ride: e90 335i
Damn ya'll sound like some haters. It's quite funny reading everyone's posts. Just let him try to sell it for whatever price he wants to list it for and stop trying to assess the damages yourself. We all know what the realistic selling price is and that the OP is having some pipe dreams if he thinks of getting 20k~. We don't need person after person to bash this dude and tell him he's crazy to try and get a certain price out of his car. It's his car, he can do whatever he wants with it.

With all that being said, if you part out some Dinan parts let me know
Old 08-27-2013, 07:00 PM   #68
braymond141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex323Ci View Post

Go back and read the quoted text Tiagxi responded to. Regardless, paint condition or emblem condition, it was a ridiculous remark.

Old 08-27-2013, 09:41 PM   #69
Mango
Over 15,000 visitors

My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hektik02 View Post
Damn ya'll sound like some haters. It's quite funny reading everyone's posts. Just let him try to sell it for whatever price he wants to list it for and stop trying to assess the damages yourself. We all know what the realistic selling price is and that the OP is having some pipe dreams if he thinks of getting 20k~. We don't need person after person to bash this dude and tell him he's crazy to try and get a certain price out of his car. It's his car, he can do whatever he wants with it.

With all that being said, if you part out some Dinan parts let me know
There's more than meets the eye here... That entire car basically has no paint on it, god knows what the interior looks like. Not sure how 20k is realistic for a salvage car.

OP's own e46 sedan is salvaged as well so this could be a serious thing if OP is trying to sell this M3 as clean (based on the 20k offers he says he's getting)

Quote:
low 20s, meaning low stacks of $20.00 bills right.

haha

let me guess, it was some prince in africa that was offering that much. but he only has a check for $30,000 and wants him to send him a check back for the difference and then he'll have it shipped.

never thought of that. could be some heat damage from engine bay, but more likely just the piss poor job of the replacement hood being painted along with the other stuff.

low 20s, that really is funny. i don't think anyone believes that story.

word.

Quote:
That's not fire damage. If you can't be logical, don't post. The original roundels from his car (all E46) are a plastic base chromed with a glued on BMW logo. It's a common occurrence from 30k miles to 100k miles for the originals to just flake off in the wind or wash, or theft. The revised one piece emblems have resolved this issue. The same goes for the older roundel wheel caps which were also two parts glued together.
I just ordered a Genuine set of updated wheel caps (used from an 09) they have the roundel and "Italy" on the back but they also appear to be a glued on sticker though much better looking and seemingly better construction (there's tabs on the back where the sticker folds over)

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Old 08-28-2013, 02:38 AM   #70
Alex323Ci

Quote:
Go back and read the quoted text Tiagxi responded to. Regardless, paint condition or emblem condition, it was a ridiculous remark.
again i don't see anyone saying anything about fire doing that to a Roundel badge.
Old 08-28-2013, 03:07 AM   #71
braymond141

Quote:
again i don't see anyone saying anything about fire doing that to a Roundel badge.
sigh...

It doesn't matter if he commented on the roundel (he did), or the paint; his reaction was baseless to either.

Last edited by braymond141; 08-28-2013 at 03:07 AM.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:49 AM   #72
Shooters04M3

My Ride: 04 BMW M3
Just bought my second BMW, a Dinan M3!

In the google image. That's not a z06 across the street

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 08-29-2013, 03:54 AM   #73
Alex323Ci

Quote:
sigh...

It doesn't matter if he commented on the roundel (he did), or the paint; his reaction was baseless to either.
HEAT does not mean "fire". we all know that being out in the heat will pop the Roundel crest off many bmw hood badges. again, heat does not mean from a fire. One guy is talking about the Sunlight and heat causing the Roundel. The other guy is saying he thinks the PAINT damage is from a fire.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:02 AM   #74
Alex323Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooters04M3 View Post
In the google image. That's not a z06 across the street
i didn't even notice that. nope, that's like a 1984 Corvette. wow so much of the original story just keeps coming up
Old 08-29-2013, 04:51 AM   #75
omairkhanzada

My Ride: 330ci
Hey man enjoy the car! Don't worry about what anyone here says, the more you reveal, the more critics you'll have. Just make sure when you do flip it that you're honest with the next owner. Don't be THAT guy.
Old 08-29-2013, 05:17 AM   #76
Hamsocne

My Ride: 2002 330Ci
Isn't this the should have banged the mom to buy this car thread?
Old 08-29-2013, 09:49 AM   #77
braymond141

Quote:
HEAT does not mean "fire". we all know that being out in the heat will pop the Roundel crest off many bmw hood badges. again, heat does not mean from a fire. One guy is talking about the Sunlight and heat causing the Roundel. The other guy is saying he thinks the PAINT damage is from a fire.
Um, why are you continuing to comment on this. The guy QUOTED the OP talking about the roundel flaking off due to heat (sun exposure) and said guy (tiagxi) clearly said it was fire damage. What are you having trouble understanding? How many times do I need to tell you regardless of paint or roundel being in question, TiAgXI's comment was asinine.

I think you're seriously confused at this point.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:03 AM   #78
HallisterJ1

My Ride: 2001 325i, 2003 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by omairkhanzada View Post
Hey man enjoy the car! Don't worry about what anyone here says, the more you reveal, the more critics you'll have. Just make sure when you do flip it that you're honest with the next owner. Don't be THAT guy.
I love critics, I actually had a critic on here that went so far as to visit the previous owners house at midnight (Let me know if that's stalkerish) simply because he thought I was "blowing smoke" (He thought I didn't have the available funds I guess?), well two weeks later I paid for the car in cash and did a full inspection II within the week and tires/maint in general

It's funny because that critic on this forum crashed his car couple weeks after, if karma exists...well ya know.

Okay here's the deal on the Dinan parts on the car, I can't part it out...simply because I don't have the stock replacements - I don't want to go through that trouble.

So all the Dinan stuff is sold on the car as is.

So far I'm loving the car, I haven't driven my DD since I bought it. I get a lot of compliments from the rear, and funny stories ensue about the hood's **** ass condition when it's a parked conversation or at a light. No one can believe my low mileage, I'm beating some of my friends newer cars mileage!

Things I don't like, a 4.10 Dinan Diff, it makes my car very, very thirsty for gas. Getting better and better everyday with the SMG, thanks for the posts regarding replacing the Salmon Relay!
Old 08-29-2013, 10:03 AM   #79
HallisterJ1

My Ride: 2001 325i, 2003 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamsocne View Post
Isn't this the should have banged the mom to buy this car thread?
, pretty mom that is for sure!
Old 08-29-2013, 10:51 AM   #80
Mr.Miller

My Ride: Bmw m3
jjust enjoy the car who cares what these people think
Closed Thread