E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-22-2013, 08:34 PM   #1
Steven747

My Ride: 05 330ci
Official: World War Z Thread

wow saw it last night and in my opinion it is the best movie i have seen this far this year just topping zero dark thirty and argo by a tad. thought they did a fantastic job with the zombies and an even better job getting pitt around the world to Korea then Israel.

very realistic. looking forward to hearing other opinions on it.

sorry if this was a re post couldn't find anything on world war z using the search function

Old 06-22-2013, 08:41 PM   #2
MDydinanM

My Ride: is a ///M
http://www.e46fanatics.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=955047

MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:52 PM   #3
Fergo

My Ride: still a gay 135i
I see it's pg-13, disappointing, was hoping it would be quite gory

2 easy 2 make hp turbos
Fergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:11 PM   #4
guitarhead429

My Ride: is not an M3
I saw it last night with my friends, and none of us were really that impressed. It was a nice way to spend the a few hours, but ultimately forgettable. I can't even remember Brad Pitt's character's name anymore haha. If I could list one thing I liked, it was how international the plot is. That's it, really. Granted, I have not read the book, so I feel that if I had read the book beforehand, my opinion might be different.

On a side note, the implementation of 3D seems to be getting a bit better - this is the first 3D movie I've watched where I didn't exit the theater with sore eyes.

|Nikon D90|35mm f/1.8|SB-700|
Flickr
guitarhead429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:18 PM   #5
Steven747

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarhead429 View Post
I saw it last night with my friends, and none of us were really that impressed. It was a nice way to spend the a few hours, but ultimately forgettable. I can't even remember Brad Pitt's character's name anymore haha. If I could list one thing I liked, it was how international the plot is. That's it, really. Granted, I have not read the book, so I feel that if I had read the book beforehand, my opinion might be different.

On a side note, the implementation of 3D seems to be getting a bit better - this is the first 3D movie I've watched where I didn't exit the theater with sore eyes.
international plot was indeed a good if not the best part of it. interesting you find it not that good. guess your not a zombie movie guy?? do you like vampires or what?

weird that other thread was from last year. didn't come up in my search i went through first page figured there wasent a thread yet oh well.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:46 PM   #6
Elvin123

My Ride: 328i
this movie was fvcking insane, it kept me on my toes throughout the whole movie
Old 06-22-2013, 10:04 PM   #7
customisbetter

My Ride: 02 325xi
Another lame zombie but with good acting this time. Very forgettable
Old 06-22-2013, 10:36 PM   #8
guitarhead429

My Ride: is not an M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven747 View Post
guess your not a zombie movie guy?? do you like vampires or what?
Entirely not the case, I absolutely loved 28 Days/Weeks Later and Shaun of the Dead for example. I also spent quite a bit of time on Left 4 Dead 2 back when I had the time for such things. World War Z just didn't float my boat, I guess. To each his own, yeah?

|Nikon D90|35mm f/1.8|SB-700|
Flickr
guitarhead429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:42 PM   #9
rapier7

My Ride: Subaru BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarhead429 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by customisbetter View Post
Another lame zombie but with good acting this time. Very forgettable
Are you guys kidding me? This movie was incredible. A lot of action. Incredibly tense. The globe hopping really facilitated the plot development as well. This was a hell of a movie.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:53 PM   #10
Manny330

My Ride: 02 330i
Send a message via AIM to Manny330

Loved it

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 06-23-2013, 12:18 AM   #11
clk500

My Ride: 2010 Acura TSX
Ok saw it and while there were some cool scenes, many which were shown on the trailer. I was not blown away by this movie. It was ok, saw it in 3D as well and while 3D is cool for the first 5 minutes, after that I forgot I was watching a 3D movie. I guess that is sorta the case for most 3D movies. Personally rather save the $ and watch the non-3D.
I give it a 3.5 stars out of 5. I was looking forward to this movie since last year and I guess I had higher expections. Perhaps I am getting bored of the Zombie genre, I pretty much seen all zombie movies and am left to wonder what more can be done in this genre. Every zombie scenerio has been done to death.
Also for a scary movie, I heard more laughs than people being scared. The zombies can sometimes seem overacted out.
Old 06-23-2013, 12:40 AM   #12
Steven747

i find it weird how so many people love it and then a bunch of people think its just another zombie movie. it contains more quality sets and is just a higher budget movie i think 200 million.. i am extremely impressed might see it again which i never see movies twice
Old 06-23-2013, 01:03 AM   #13
r2d2

My Ride: 330i
awesome movie
Old 06-23-2013, 03:45 AM   #14
nardog

My Ride: e34, totaled e46
I read the book.

Will comment when I see the movie. I'm expecting that I'll be disappointed..
Old 06-23-2013, 05:21 AM   #15
dualbob103

My Ride: Mums
Re: Official: World War Z Thread

I actually dig the movie. Kept me thinking what I would have done in most of those situations.

To the comment above somewhere... I actually cant remember his name also, isn't it jerry perhaps? Lol
dualbob103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:39 AM   #16
Steven747

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genius View Post
I actually dig the movie. Kept me thinking what I would have done in most of those situations.

To the comment above somewhere... I actually cant remember his name also, isn't it jerry perhaps? Lol
gerry lane i think
Old 06-23-2013, 06:43 AM   #17
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Read the book and found it cool but hard to follow

Might read it again before seeing the movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 06:58 AM   #18
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796

Book was really entertaining. The movie and book happen to share a "zombie apocalypse" plot line, but that's about it.

The movie wasn't bad. It's certainly not going to bring home any oscars, but it was good mindless summer eye candy. Which is what I walked expecting.

I was really amazed, though, that they got a C-130 to take off from an aircraft carrier, and to fly the 5000 miles from Korea to Israel without stopping.

Old 06-23-2013, 12:08 PM   #19
Steven747

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
Book was really entertaining. The movie and book happen to share a "zombie apocalypse" plot line, but that's about it.

The movie wasn't bad. It's certainly not going to bring home any oscars, but it was good mindless summer eye candy. Which is what I walked expecting.

I was really amazed, though, that they got a C-130 to take off from an aircraft carrier, and to fly the 5000 miles from Korea to Israel without stopping.

it dosent have that sort of range? i dont know anything about those planes. they do have that rope/spring launcher that can get anything off the deck i think
Old 06-23-2013, 12:31 PM   #20
Krizzy TanG

My Ride: E90 and F30 diesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post

C-130J

And carrier take-offs and landings are also possible, they experimented with it in the 60's

Last edited by Krizzy TanG; 06-23-2013 at 12:58 PM.
Krizzy TanG is offline   Reply With Quote