E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-27-2013, 10:52 AM   #81
mcr_driver

My Ride: my favorite two feet
Budget retraints? I actually think that when they did the rewrites they probably took the originaly ending and extended the whole series to make it a three parter. Part two will be the original ended along with a 2 hour set up and part three will be brad's return home to get his family back. Got to hand it to Hollywood no one milks a franchise better then them.

Last edited by mcr_driver; 06-27-2013 at 10:53 AM.
mcr_driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:27 AM   #82
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Pretty sure it had nothing to do with budget as they already filmed this and had to go back and redo the entire 40 minutes we all saw.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:07 PM   #83
k2pilot

My Ride: Z4MC & B8 S4
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
I don't remember seeing an AC-130 in the movie
Wut?

Quote:
I was really amazed, though, that they got a C-130 to take off from an aircraft carrier, and to fly the 5000 miles from Korea to Israel without stopping.

That said it wasn't actually an AC-130, it was too small. Not sure what it was though.

Funny you guys are talking about there being some lost characters in the show, I counted 3 Battlestar Galactica actors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
why can't I remember this?
It was near the scenes of the doctor slipping and killing himself (which was one of the funnier scenes in the movie, character was annoying anyways)... And the other scene of them on the bicycles. Also damn funny.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:30 PM   #84
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2pilot View Post
Wut?

That said it wasn't actually an AC-130, it was too small. Not sure what it was though.

Funny you guys are talking about there being some lost characters in the show, I counted 3 Battlestar Galactica actors.

It was near the scenes of the doctor slipping and killing himself (which was one of the funnier scenes in the movie, character was annoying anyways)... And the other scene of them on the bicycles. Also damn funny.
Which ones from BSG? I saw that one dude that was always controlling the ship. Forgot his name.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:32 PM   #85
k2pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Which ones from BSG? I saw that one dude that was always controlling the ship. Forgot his name.
Yeah that was Felix Gaeta (Alessandro Juliani), the guy with the curly hair. Then there was the guy who played Helo (Tahmoh Penikett), the pilot who was dating the asian girl pilot. The third I think was Chief Tyrol, not certain on that though.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:41 PM   #86
M3Inline6
F82 ///M4 coming soon!

My Ride: 335/X5/M3/848/128i
It was cool, but that's about it. It wasn't a game changer, but I also didn't feel like I wasted my money either...........

....sooooooooo, that's a plus!
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:48 PM   #87
VaderDave
Invictus

My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
I'm just pleased to read that it didn't totally suck, as many had predicted. I haven't seen it yet (my wife is out of town) but plan to check it out this weekend.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:57 PM   #88
IdahoToyo

My Ride: 4WD Tundra / GS500F
My bad guys, read the article wrong. Said that the film was already over budget, and the addition of the new re-write added on to that.

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-...201759237.html

The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson.
IdahoToyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:34 PM   #89
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Official: World War Z Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2pilot View Post
Wut?

It was a C-130. The AC is the support gunship with a howitzer and 40mm auto cannon sticking out the left side

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 06-27-2013, 04:25 PM   #90
k2pilot

Quote:
It was a C-130. The AC is the support gunship with a howitzer and 40mm auto cannon sticking out the left side

Sorry I use the term interchangeably, I've heard "enemy AC-130 airborne!" just a few too many times from my COD days.

and c-130's are really that small in the back? (referencing posted photo). I thought they were bigger than that. You being the military man I defer to your expertise.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:34 PM   #91
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796

Yes, c-130s are very cramped. I flew in one from Kuwait to Bagram, wedged on a jump seat between a side door and a pallet full of ruck sacks. I would have killed to be in a coach seat between a fat guy and a screaming baby with a child kicking my seat.

They are solid, hard-working planes, though. They even have a little latrine in the back.

Old 06-27-2013, 05:40 PM   #92
ghorn

My Ride: 330ci
World War G

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/d182501dfe/world-war-g

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Doing drugs and having sex... oh wow big deal. Well it is actually a HUGE deal.
ghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:09 AM   #93
Gatorsurgeon

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
Finally saw this movie last night. Lots of fun; more thoughtful than the average summer blockbuster. But my favorite thing in the movie was a reference I haven't seen mentioned anywhere (even with a couple google searches):

If you ever played the original "Half-Life" -- which is on the short list of greatest computer games ever -- then the scene near the end with Brad Pitt making his way through the lab facility crawling with zombie scientists, while armed only with a crowbar, was RICH.
JL Audio ZR-650 CSi's, JL Audio 300/2 in front
JLAudio Stealthboxes, JL Audio 250/1 in back
Avin Avant-2 android headunit, Audiocontrol 3XS crossover, Audiocontrol EQS
My other car is a Fisker Karma

Gatorsurgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:46 AM   #94
Steven747

My Ride: 05 330ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorsurgeon View Post
Finally saw this movie last night. Lots of fun; more thoughtful than the average summer blockbuster. But my favorite thing in the movie was a reference I haven't seen mentioned anywhere (even with a couple google searches):

If you ever played the original "Half-Life" -- which is on the short list of greatest computer games ever -- then the scene near the end with Brad Pitt making his way through the lab facility crawling with zombie scientists, while armed only with a crowbar, was RICH.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:11 AM   #95
Mike Larry

My Ride: 575 nello
i liked it as a summer blockbuster/action movie, but i didnt think it was a great movie by any means. several things that bothered me (SPOILERS):

1. i get that the zombies were "fresh" (i.e. they'd only been dead for a couple minutes/hours before being reanimated), but i wish they'd toned down their strength and speed just a little bit. there were some scenes where the zombies seemed like they took on almost superhuman abilities. the scene where the dude slams his face right through a car windshield in about two tries and the scene in israel where the stampede of zombies (past that sick kid who wasnt touched) sounded like a stampede of bulls are two that just stood out to me as over-exaggerated.

2. apparently, when the movie starts, the zombie outbreak had already started in other parts of the world. brad pitt's daughter is even watching a newscast in the morning and asks her dad what martial law is. brad pitt's character apparently even used to have a dangerous job and should probably be a relatively cautious person. how is it that they're just chilling; completely oblivious to what's going on in the world and going about their day like nothing bad's gonna happen?

3. i thought the whole finding a cure thing was dumb, but even if you liked that story angle: how is it possible that the disease ran its course so quickly that brad pitt could just hang out in that incubator for a couple of minutes and then be good to go? plus it was just stupid that he could walk right through an entire hallway of zombies without a care in the world. at the very least, they could've made it a little realistic and shown the "cure" to be only about 80% effective.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:08 PM   #96
VaderDave
Invictus

My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
I finally saw it today. Like others have said, there were some sort of glaring plot holes, but it was a fun summer movie.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote