E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-01-2013, 10:41 AM   #61
v8 5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: New Jarzy, New Jarzy
Posts: 339
My Ride: 6 speed BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
Snowden would be a champ if he had uncovered illegal activity. He didn't.

Chump.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...s-8680249.html

Germany prepares to charge UK and US intelligence over fresh bugging allegations

Germany’s Federal Prosecutor’s office said it was preparing to bring charges against British and US intelligence today amid fresh allegations that the services spied far more extensively than thought on German phone and internet traffic and bugged European Union offices in America.


Is this not illegal?
__________________
Gutted with a Getrag



We have 4 websites within the family.
v8 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:46 AM   #62
Carskibum
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hoboken, NJ
Posts: 3,116
My Ride: E90
Send a message via AIM to Carskibum
They need to suicide him now before he lets more out. Seems like alot of the more liberal fan boys are changing their tune as the new stuff is released really impacting National Security.
__________________
Carskibum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:26 PM   #63
pakman3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: FL
Posts: 279
My Ride: piece
__________________
pakman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:20 PM   #64
Carskibum
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hoboken, NJ
Posts: 3,116
My Ride: E90
Send a message via AIM to Carskibum
Quote:
Originally Posted by pakman3 View Post
Um, you share information, you share it with the world. Did he send a private message to only US citizens?

What more does this pencil neck loser have to say?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...utm_medium=RSS
__________________

Last edited by Carskibum; 07-01-2013 at 02:21 PM.
Carskibum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 04:41 PM   #65
yousharenow
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ATL
Posts: 213
My Ride: E46 ZHP
Send a message via AIM to yousharenow
He's fine.

Internet is protecting him.

GOP loves this ****
yousharenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:01 PM   #66
NOVAbimmer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: VA
Posts: 12,061
My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Snowden (NSA Leaker): Champ or Chump?

He's apparently seeking asylum in Russia now.

"I love freedom and democracy and transparency. Russia help me!"


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
NOVAbimmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:16 PM   #67
Zell
Registered User
 
Zell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Such City
Posts: 5,399
My Ride: '02 Dogemobile Shibe
Quote:
Originally Posted by pakman3 View Post
I'm glad Ron Paul has the mental gift to look at a mere person and determine if they are an enemy or not. Either that, or he thinks everyone in America is all for America and wouldn't ever consider doing it harm, which is totally the case.

Someone should make this man president.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Carbon dioxide is not a "chemical"
Quote:
Originally Posted by l0e3o7 View Post
Just keep your lil boy zell on a leash; a proud self proclaimed TROLL

Last edited by Zell; 07-01-2013 at 06:17 PM.
Zell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:57 PM   #68
Rhumb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 98
My Ride: 2001 M3 Coupe
Re: Snowden (NSA Leaker): Champ or Chump?

I'm quite of a mixed mind on all this. On the one hand, Snow den is a self-important pencil-necked geek. On the other hand, he's by no means entirely wrong in his assertions. Both descriptions are very disquieting, especially the latter given its far greater and deeper ramifications.

In some ways, I wonder if this will become, in some sense, Obama's Iraq/ economy, ala Bush, where his own base ends up feeling dismayed, even betrayed in that this occurred on his watch. GOP'er Bush was supposed to be competent on the economy and defense, until the economy and Iraq/Afghanistan became d***233;b***226;cles.

Now Obama, champion of openness and individual justice may have been reigning over a supra-legal big brother state, basically spying on citizen and ally alike with a sense of righteous impunity.
Rhumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:24 PM   #69
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian
 
JonJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: One of the most evil states ever to exist
Posts: 3,462
My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhumb View Post

Now Obama, champion of openness and individual justice may have been reigning over a supra-legal big brother state, basically spying on citizen and ally alike with a sense of righteous impunity.
Champion of what? Hahaha
May have been? Hahaha
__________________
Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:37 PM   #70
Tom5933
<3s Euro-Spec
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 1,221
My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhumb View Post
I'm quite of a mixed mind on all this. On the one hand, Snow den is a self-important pencil-necked geek. On the other hand, he's by no means entirely wrong in his assertions. Both descriptions are very disquieting, especially the latter given its far greater and deeper ramifications.

In some ways, I wonder if this will become, in some sense, Obama's Iraq/ economy, ala Bush, where his own base ends up feeling dismayed, even betrayed in that this occurred on his watch. GOP'er Bush was supposed to be competent on the economy and defense, until the economy and Iraq/Afghanistan became débâcles.

Now Obama, champion of openness and individual justice may have been reigning over a supra-legal big brother state, basically spying on citizen and ally alike with a sense of righteous impunity.
Why does the messenger ("pencil-necked geek") have anything to do with the message that he released? He could be a 3 foot circus clown who released the info but the information he released remains the same. Don't really understand how the messenger can degrade the information unless you are looking for excuses to nullify the importance of the information he leaked.

And Obama, champion of openness and individual justice? Please tell me that was sarcasm.
__________________
Waiting to be installed: H&R Race Springs
Upcoming Mods: 1-Piece CSL Splitter
Tom5933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:37 PM   #71
Lair
Modded ///Member
 
Lair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Downtown
Posts: 320
My Ride: 330ciC
If this guy had been a leaker during the last administration, he would have died in a plane crash already.
__________________

Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:42 PM   #72
NOVAbimmer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: VA
Posts: 12,061
My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Snowden (NSA Leaker): Champ or Chump?

Didn't realize bush had leakers assassinated


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
NOVAbimmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:41 PM   #73
Rhumb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 98
My Ride: 2001 M3 Coupe
Re: Snowden (NSA Leaker): Champ or Chump?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom5933 View Post
Why does the messenger ("pencil-necked geek") have anything to do with the message that he released? He could be a 3 foot circus clown who released the info but the information he released remains the same. Don't really understand how the messenger can degrade the information unless you are looking for excuses to nullify the importance of the information he leaked.

And Obama, champion of openness and individual justice? Please tell me that was sarcasm.
Well, that's the rub, I think certainly some of his motive is a bit of self-serving grandiosity. However, that's not his full motive and not all of it is wrong and what he's revealed seems deeply troubling, not simply because it was revealed but rather, what it was that was revealed.

As for Obama's administration openness, yes, certainly far more so than the notoriously secretive previous administration which seemed to have a very paternalistic bent on what it deemed anyone else should know. That could be the irony for Obama who campaigned against just such opacity, and generally practiced it, to yet run afoul of being overly secretive on this.
Rhumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:44 PM   #74
Lair
Modded ///Member
 
Lair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Downtown
Posts: 320
My Ride: 330ciC
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
Didn't realize bush had leakers assassinated


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Quote:
Whistleblower dead in plane crash
December 20, 2008 6:59 PM

One of my sources died in a plane crash last night - Michael Connell, a high ranking Republican "IT Guru" who was supposedly about to come forward with damning info on Karl Rove, perished in a small-engine plane crash on Friday. He had sought protection after Rove allegedly threatened him.
http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=...t&fr=yfp-t-745
__________________

Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:35 AM   #75
v8 5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: New Jarzy, New Jarzy
Posts: 339
My Ride: 6 speed BMW
I'm just leaving this here to show you how moronic Lair is, something I was well aware of when I saw his fleet of vehicles

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
Snowden would be a champ if he had uncovered illegal activity. He didn't.

Chump.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...s-8680249.html

Germany prepares to charge UK and US intelligence over fresh bugging allegations

Germany’s Federal Prosecutor’s office said it was preparing to bring charges against British and US intelligence today amid fresh allegations that the services spied far more extensively than thought on German phone and internet traffic and bugged European Union offices in America.


Is this not illegal?
I don't know. Is it?
So you're saying he didn't uncover any illegal activity and now you're saying the activity he uncovered you're not sure if it's legal. LOL
__________________
Gutted with a Getrag



We have 4 websites within the family.
v8 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:22 AM   #76
mistrzmiasta
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,011
My Ride: GLK350,ML63
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:53 AM   #77
Carskibum
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hoboken, NJ
Posts: 3,116
My Ride: E90
Send a message via AIM to Carskibum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
If this guy had been a leaker during the last administration, he would have died in a plane crash already.
The punishment for treason is death right?
__________________
Carskibum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:18 AM   #78
Lair
Modded ///Member
 
Lair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Downtown
Posts: 320
My Ride: 330ciC
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 5 View Post
I'm just leaving this here to show you how moronic Lair is, something I was well aware of when I saw his fleet of vehicles
Moronic = a guy who thinks German law applies to a US citizen in the US.

Nice try, though. I'm proud of you. Get back to me when the republicans who are absolutely desperate to bring down your President find a way to make something stick.
__________________

Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:19 AM   #79
v8 5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: New Jarzy, New Jarzy
Posts: 339
My Ride: 6 speed BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
Moronic = a guy who thinks German law applies to a US citizen in the US.

Nice try, though. I'm proud of you. Get back to me when the republicans who are absolutely desperate to bring down your President find a way to make something stick.
It amazes me how retarded this guy is ^

So when Snowden goes to another country and leaks documents about the USA illegally spying on another country, it's a crime and we want to bring up charges.

... but when the NSA goes to another country and illegally spies on it, it's not a crime and no charges should be brought up...

LOL
__________________
Gutted with a Getrag



We have 4 websites within the family.
v8 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:23 AM   #80
Lair
Modded ///Member
 
Lair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Downtown
Posts: 320
My Ride: 330ciC
Prosecute, counsellor.
__________________

Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use