E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-28-2013, 08:13 PM   #81
kcult

My Ride: 99 323i, 04 ZHP
Caught, apparently.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/28...-on-nanny-cam/

I forgot how liberal this place is, so here's another source.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/a...2#.Uc4nAOjD-t8

Last edited by kcult; 06-28-2013 at 08:15 PM.
kcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:14 PM   #82
Fergo

My Ride: still a gay 135i
good.

2 easy 2 make hp turbos
all cash
Fergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:39 PM   #83
VaderDave
Invictus

My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
Dude was almost as old as I am.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:44 PM   #84
HBizzo88

My Ride: 2002 bmw 330ci
dang, imagine all the other ill sh1t hes done in the 42 years of his life
Old 06-28-2013, 10:13 PM   #85
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Great. Hope he catches a shank in prison. Looks like a winner.

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 06-28-2013 at 10:15 PM.
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:54 PM   #86
budman
-not a mod-

My Ride: is your mom
Send a message via AIM to budman Send a message via Yahoo to budman
Re: Vicious attack/home invasion in my town....

Good to see this low life was caught so quick..
Old 06-29-2013, 11:15 AM   #87
learthworml
mod-er-at-or-er

My Ride: 2011 Tundra Crewmax
Another piece of scum off the streets. I wish we had stricter laws in the US.

SQ sound system
Seas Nextel Mids, Focal Utopia Mids, Focal BE tweeters, JL Audio 13tw5, Alpine PDX-4.150, Alpine PDX-1.600, Audison Bit One processor, Pioneer z150 hu
learthworml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:19 AM   #88
Fergo

My Ride: still a gay 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by learthworml View Post
Another piece of scum off the streets. I wish we had stricter laws in the US.
pray tell how more strict laws would have kept this man from entering the house and throwing the woman around like a rag doll.

2 easy 2 make hp turbos
all cash
Fergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:15 PM   #89
Sentaruu

My Ride: Xterra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergo_the_mule View Post
pray tell how more strict laws would have kept this man from entering the house and throwing the woman around like a rag doll.
the dude had like 12 felony convictions for doing **** like this before. obviously the penal system wasn't effective enough to prevent him from doing it again. "more laws" wouldnt have stopped something like this, stricter penalties on his previously committed crimes might have.

always lock your doors, always be ready to defend yourself, because there is no telling when you may have to.

Last edited by Sentaruu; 06-29-2013 at 12:17 PM.
Sentaruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:59 AM   #90
hi its me alec

My Ride: BMWs + 1988 Pathy
Send a message via AIM to hi its me alec Send a message via MSN to hi its me alec
We need stricter penalties for violent crime, and more leniency for non-violent crime.

I'm pretty sure if the lady had a gun, it's almost a 100% guarantee that it wouldn't have done her any good at all in this situation. Anyone who thinks otherwise is in denial... the first thing she'll do when she hears the noise is go check on it, she's not going to immediately sprint upstairs like a navy seal and grab her loaded glock, just in time to shoot the perp in the chest as he enters the door. I don't see that happening unless she has military training and about a 30 second head start on the guy somehow. Guns are not the answer to our problems, they're only one solution out of many, and the majority of the time it's NOT the best solution.

Last edited by hi its me alec; 06-30-2013 at 11:02 AM.
hi its me alec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:15 AM   #91
Sentaruu

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi its me alec View Post
We need stricter penalties for violent crime, and more leniency for non-violent crime.

I'm pretty sure if the lady had a gun, it's almost a 100% guarantee that it wouldn't have done her any good at all in this situation. Anyone who thinks otherwise is in denial... the first thing she'll do when she hears the noise is go check on it, she's not going to immediately sprint upstairs like a navy seal and grab her loaded glock, just in time to shoot the perp in the chest as he enters the door. I don't see that happening unless she has military training and about a 30 second head start on the guy somehow. Guns are not the answer to our problems, they're only one solution out of many, and the majority of the time it's NOT the best solution.
in this particular situation a gun in the safe wouldn't have helped at all. thats why it is a good idea for those to do carry to continue to carry when inside their home. what good is a gun for self defense if it isn't readily available?

guns are not the answer to all of our problems, but when it comes to self preservation/defense they are among the best/most practical.

Last edited by Sentaruu; 06-30-2013 at 11:16 AM.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:07 PM   #92
badfast

My Ride: A Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentaruu View Post
the dude had like 12 felony convictions for doing **** like this before. obviously the penal system wasn't effective enough to prevent him from doing it again. "more laws" wouldnt have stopped something like this, stricter penalties on his previously committed crimes might have.

always lock your doors, always be ready to defend yourself, because there is no telling when you may have to.
That comes off as very paranoid. I am certainly glad I don't have to live in such a state of constant fear.

Quote:
in this particular situation a gun in the safe wouldn't have helped at all. thats why it is a good idea for those to do carry to continue to carry when inside their home. what good is a gun for self defense if it isn't readily available?

guns are not the answer to all of our problems, but when it comes to self preservation/defense they are among the best/most practical.
You seriously carry in your home? Now that is paranoid.

Last edited by badfast; 06-30-2013 at 12:08 PM.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:14 PM   #93
Sentaruu

who said anything about being afraid? just be aware. bad **** happens, everyone can agree on that. people shouldnt be niave enough to think that it cant happen to them. being paranoid and being conscious of the world around you are two different things.

and no. i don't carry at all. but isn't it quite obvious that given the nature of this thread that it isn't all that crazy of an idea? i'm willing to be that never in a million years did this poor woman think she would have someone bust through her door and beat the living **** out of her for no reason.

Last edited by Sentaruu; 06-30-2013 at 12:21 PM.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:24 PM   #94
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:

this...

A gun in a safe is a useful as a phone without a battery (for those that rely on 911)

Gun owners that understand the reality of threats have it on their hip as close to 24/7 as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
That comes off as very paranoid. I am certainly glad I don't have to live in such a state of constant fear.

You seriously carry in your home? Now that is paranoid.
Ahhh yes, again with the "paranoid" and "living in fear"...
Bro, I live an extremely happy, calm and carefree life.
I'm at the other spectrum of paranoid or scared. Sure I pay attention to the world around me me partake in a conspiracy or two for fun but it makes up 5% of my life.

As far as carrying in our homes... The fact that you posted that shows how out of touch you are with reality. I mean..... You're posting INSIDE OF A THREAD, where a woman was attacked by way of a ..... HOME INVASION

You are glad you don't live in such a state of paranoia? I'm glad I don't live in such a state if ignorant bliss

If her door was locked and secured she would have had advance warning and time to react. If she was armed, she could've put him down the second he entered the door.

FACT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.

Last edited by JonJon; 06-30-2013 at 12:27 PM.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:41 PM   #95
hi its me alec

Send a message via AIM to hi its me alec Send a message via MSN to hi its me alec
Yeah, I do agree with you guys that carrying all the time is pretty much the only way to defend yourself against bad stuff like this. However I would say that neighborhood is a little more 'prone' to home invasions because of the surrounding area, although I've never been there, just judging from what everyone's been saying about it. That's a way different story than all the neighborhoods I've ever lived in, which is why I never see myself carrying a gun. I might buy one just for the sport of it, but it's not like I want to see it on the daily and protect myself from absent crime with it. I do realize that I'm vulnerable to random acts by not carrying, but I would much rather have the peace of mind of not owning a gun rather than having the peace of mind that i might be able to save myself from the 0.01% chance I have of being attacked and needing to use it.

But then it's like... what about drive-bys? What if your back is turned? It's just not plausible to me that carrying all the time will yield a positive result, it's more likely that having a gun on you every day will yield a negative result at some point. Maybe you shoot yourself in the leg on accident, plenty of cops have done it, who knows. I just don't want to mess with the chance of human error on my part or someone else's, I'd rather risk the chance of other humans being malicious. Again, part of that does have to do with my area. But, namsayin?

Old 06-30-2013, 12:42 PM   #96
badfast

My Ride: A Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
this...

A gun in a safe is a useful as a phone without a battery (for those that rely on 911)

Gun owners that understand the reality of threats have it on their hip as close to 24/7 as possible.
What is the reality of the threat?

Quote:
Ahhh yes, again with the "paranoid" and "living in fear"...
Bro, I live an extremely happy, calm and carefree life.
I'm at the other spectrum of paranoid or scared. Sure I pay attention to the world around me me partake in a conspiracy or two for fun but it makes up 5% of my life.

As far as carrying in our homes... The fact that you posted that shows how out of touch you are with reality. I mean..... You're posting INSIDE OF A THREAD, where a woman was attacked by way of a ..... HOME INVASION

You are glad you don't live in such a state of paranoia? I'm glad I don't live in such a state if ignorant bliss

If her door was locked and secured she would have had advance warning and time to react. If she was armed, she could've put him down the second he entered the door.

FACT
A tragic situation, of course. But, because this happened to this lady, how does it increase the odds that it will happen to me? It is not ignorant bliss...it is just highly unlikely.

Ahh, yes, again with the "if she was armed she could have taken him down". I suppose her being armed would have prevented the initial shock and inability to quickly process what was going on? He would have rushed in and instantly and instinctively she would have put two into his body?

Last edited by badfast; 06-30-2013 at 12:43 PM.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:44 PM   #97
Big Rick

My Ride: 325Xi
I hope the cops gave him a little wood shampoo before hauling him in!

NWS and Advertising Removed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choxor View Post
You don't outgrow stupid.
Big Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:48 PM   #98
Gheybe

My Ride: F80 M3
Why not kill him?
Gheybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:04 PM   #99
hi its me alec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheybe View Post
Why not kill him?
"badass.jpg"

Old 06-30-2013, 01:17 PM   #100
joeski3d

My Ride: 2000 323i
So far as I know, nighties and jammies for toddlers don't come equipped with gun holsters. Perhaps there is a niche market for this.

Ballbusters Inc.

DISCLAIMER: No balls were physically hurt during the reading of this post. Should redness and/or swelling occur consult your gynecologist immediately.
joeski3d is offline   Reply With Quote