E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > E46 Convertible

E46 Convertible
The E46 vert forum. Talk about dropping your E46 top here.

View Poll Results: What DREAM color vert combination would "I" want from dealer, price no object......
Triple BLACK.....that is any BLK ext, BLK interior, BLK top 15 14.29%
TiAg SILVER (Titanium Silver) BLACK interior 10 9.52%
TiAg SILVER (Titanium Silver), GREY interior 6 5.71%
ALPINE WHITE, RED/Black interior 20 19.05%
IMOLA RED, BLACK interior 11 10.48%
IMOLA RED, RED interior 1 0.95%
SONORA (gold), TAN/SAND interior 1 0.95%
OXFORD GREEN, TAN/SAND interior 7 6.67%
BLUE, TAN/SAND interior 2 1.90%
LAGUNA SECA BLUE, GREY interior 2 1.90%
LAGUNA SECA BLUE, BLACK interior 5 4.76%
DARK BLUE, BLACK interior 0 0%
DARK BLUE, TAN/SAND interior 15 14.29%
ELECTRIC RED, BLACK interior 0 0%
.....ANY....with ....CINNAMON INTERIOR...post w/EXT desire 17 16.19%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-26-2013, 05:46 PM   #1
beeemerdude

My Ride: Cabrio. Stick.
Cool What is YOUR ideal color combination for an E46 'vert? POLL...

As the title states...

POLL is for YOUR dream car, NOT what you own. For me, even though I love TiAg, I have to pick Alpine White/Red/Blk,...with a stick, & in M3 model denomination. But let's face it,..the odds of finding that are next to nil, especially w/ LOW mileage, & owned by a doctor or dentist, & been sitting mostly inside a garage most of its life. :dream:

So,...for now, lets's remove the model denomination (M3, 330ci, 325ci, etc) as well as drivetrain (Steptronic, SMG, stick) & stick to interior/exterior color combination. Note: Black exterior means all various black shades. I am not well versed w/ the various exterior Blacks or Silvers, so if you do not see the black or silver or dark charcoal or frozen gray, etc, exterior listed, simply post so Poll can be amended, before you post your poll response.

Few notes (some personal, so please excuse):

1. I love TiAg, only b/c it screams BMW, & I own a TiAg/Blk/5spd vert, but I wouldn't want another TiAg,..been there done that....need color next E46,per discussion w/ girlfirnd.
2. I would reeeally love to have an Alpine White/Red/Blk vert
3. All verts, to me, should be MANUAL, as I've had to put up with driving Chrysler gray interior auto minivans for years, but those days are now over
4. Dove Grey interiors remind me of my Chrysler minivans, so grey not a best interior choice for me at least, so poll likely skewed. Also, many members here have stated grey is dull & boring. I think Grey only looks good w/ TiAg, & possibly, in a stretch, LSB
5. Cinnamon interior is the best,....we ALL know that.....so com'on. But lets be fair to other members' interior choices. Not sure what best EXT color would be w/ cinnamon? Black? Alpine? ...others?....post comment
6. Most members, from posts, don't care for TAN/SAND interiors, so don't be upset if POLL doesn't have that interior color listed
7. Don't see a color combination in POLL? Post, & I will amend

2 things:

(a) SMUUUUV,...you are not allowed to post comments b/c your color combo is uncommon & awesome & your mods are also awesome....so you just get to vote if you were to start afresh, as if you could order a brand new vert from the dealer, price no object.
(2) DropTopKing,..u also, are not allowed to post comments, as your color combo is awesome, & I am jealous. But, as above w/ SMUUUUV, you "may vote", if you wish.

Let's have some FUN with this...what say?

EDIT: this is a MULTIPLE POLL,....so you may pick MORE than 1 (I hope I did that right when posting).
EDIT: this poll in anonymous, meaning you may choose, but your choice(s) is not public knowledge.
EDIT: AAAAAND.....most important, feel free to POST a PIC or 2 of a color combo of your choice....one that is listed in poll ..or not.......it'll make this thread more interesting, non?

Last edited by beeemerdude; 06-26-2013 at 08:22 PM.
beeemerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:53 PM   #2
saxual328ci

My Ride: 2004 325ci
I've always like the color combination Black exterior and Cinnamon interior. I just think it looks sexy, sleek. I've only seen a few in my area. My last bimmer was black on black. I had a choice of getting that or a TIAG with silver interior. So I chose the Black on Black 328ci.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:07 PM   #3
HyeWarrior

My Ride: '03 325i --> '13 GTI
TL;DV

Imola on cinnamon

Wow
So Amaze
Much Torque Steer
Such FWDoge
HyeWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:34 PM   #4
MyNewRag

My Ride: 05 ///M Convertible
What is YOUR ideal color combination for an E46 'vert? POLL...

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeemerdude View Post
As the title states...

POLL is for YOUR dream car, NOT what you own. For me, even though I love TiAg, I have to pick Alpine White/Red/Blk,...with a stick, & in M3 model denomination. But let's face it,..the odds of finding that are next to nil, especially w/ LOW mileage, & owned by a doctor or dentist, & been sitting mostly inside a garage most of its life. :dream:
I know it says "not what you own" but...

....that is almost exactly what I found last September...and I love it. It was my number one choice and I waited about two years to find it. 2005 with 33k and yes 6sp. It was a garage queen, not sure about the doctor or lawyer though...
I was in a 325Ci vert, Blue with tan, saw this one, took the next day off of work, drove 200+ miles and came home with it. I told myself if I ever found this combo, I would have to jump on it...and jump is what I did...
So...my favorite is what I own. If I had to pick a second one, it would be Black and Cinnamon.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1372296515.299714.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	167.6 KB
ID:	513254   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1372296584.418239.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	165.2 KB
ID:	513255  

Last edited by MyNewRag; 06-27-2013 at 11:20 PM.
MyNewRag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:48 PM   #5
beeemerdude

^...THAT...is exactly what I want, per my original post.

Q's

1. If you ever wanna sell, may I be first in line? And,..you are in Vancouver, to boot?
2. Did you have to cross the border to get it? Where 200miles did u have to go?

EDIT: whoops,..Vancouver, USA, Wash State, per your license plate !!

Still wanna know A to my Q # 1........??? ....

Last edited by beeemerdude; 06-26-2013 at 08:51 PM.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:57 PM   #6
Marshmallow
Yacht Club Libertarian

My Ride: E46, E30, Quattro
I want estoril blue with coral red interior but its not in the poll!

2003 BMW 325xiT "Audrey"
1987 BMW 325i "Lydia"
1990 Audi 90 Quattro Sport 20v "Chloe"

Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:09 PM   #7
Gheybe

My Ride: C6 Z06
silver gray on cinn.
Gheybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:48 AM   #8
Lionelski

My Ride: 325CIc
Quote:
As the title states...
POLL is for YOUR dream car, NOT what you own.
I bought my car new 12 1/2 years ago so I picked the colors I always wanted.

Sport Package, Premium Package
Racing Dynamics Strut Tower Brace
Conforti Shark Injector, Conforti CAI
Interior: Leather, Euro Tray, M3 Dead Pedal

Last edited by Lionelski; 06-27-2013 at 01:49 PM.
Lionelski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:24 AM   #9
Brevik

My Ride: Tiag M3
Oxford green is my personal favorite, why that color was discontinued is beyond me.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:30 PM   #10
johnrando

My Ride: '06 330 CIC ZHP
I have triple black. I chose that as that's my favorite, and I wouldn't want too light an interior for a vert, showing dirt. However, a black over nat brown interior would be my #1 choice given a wide open field with anything as a choice, and not worrying about dirt. I love cinnamon interiors but not sure how that would look with black exterior. Would someone post a pic of that? BTW, Black/Nat Brown is not listed as a choice.

ZHP, Cold Weather Pkg., Leather, Jet Black/Black/Black Cube, NAV
AA Tune, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf. Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan STEP S/W & TB, TMS Pulleys, H&R Touring Cup Kit
DICE Ipod, Parrot/Connects2 Bluetooth, StealthOne Valentine Module, Hardwired V1
BMW Perf. Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan delete

Last edited by johnrando; 06-27-2013 at 12:38 PM.
johnrando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:26 PM   #11
beeemerdude

Couldn't add any more poll choices (max 15). sorry boys. (tell me which 1 or 2 to delete & change?)
Old 06-27-2013, 01:44 PM   #12
Dave

My Ride: 323,330,M3,M3,M3
I loved Alpine over Imola so much that I was willing to get SMG because there weren't any 6MTs for sale in the entire country at the time. (And there rarely are.)

Having owned 4 stick E46s previously I think that says a lot!

I don't hate SMG most of the time, but if the pump ever goes, I probably won't complain about doing a swap back to the manual.

I think, though, that if I'm allowed to dream, I'd do a custom interior with blue and add blue BBK. Just to be a bit different. My previous cars were all blue and I always dreamed of having the disposable income to do a two-tone interior with blue alcantara. With the vert front seats lacking the U shape stitch I'm kind of thinking that full blue would be too much... as would be the navy top... but who knows.

Perhaps that'll just be my interior in my next M3 project. White over black/blue to compliment my white/red convertible...

Anyway, White/Red for me. For sure. This car design is 14 years old now and I still catch myself staring and drooling at my own car. Just now at a Starbucks I got the front space... and stared at it the whole time I was in there. It's filthy and the sun wasn't even out. Doesn't matter. It's perfect.

Edit: Might as well add some pics... last summer on my anthracite ARC-8s and this year after driving down to Miami on the fake LMs. Love it both ways. Just added white interior trim too to scratch another one of those itches I've had forever... waiting on my new shift knob and dome to complete the interior. Got my front bumper shaved into a Euro reflector-free look in January after the car got hit too. Aside from the dirt the exterior of this 130k old car is like brand new. (Through no fault of my own... I'm far from the most anal about cleanliness. My dog regularly gets rides in the back seat.)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1588.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	513336   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4401.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	513337   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3233.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	513338   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1166.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	513339  

Name:	IMG_1209.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	513340   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1208.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	513341  

Last edited by Dave; 06-27-2013 at 01:51 PM.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:15 PM   #13
MyNewRag

My Ride: 05 ///M Convertible
Quote:
^...THAT...is exactly what I want, per my original post.

Q's

1. If you ever wanna sell, may I be first in line? And,..you are in Vancouver, to boot?
2. Did you have to cross the border to get it? Where 200miles did u have to go?

EDIT: whoops,..Vancouver, USA, Wash State, per your license plate !!

Still wanna know A to my Q # 1........??? ....
Well, the answer to Q #1 is...No, sorry. You could be third in line though... But, as I told the first two...Don't hold your breath. I intend on keeping a hold of this one for a while...

Yeah, Vancouver USA...

I did not realize that post was formatted all funny, thats what I get for using the mobile app most of the time...(edit...hopefully fixed now)

Here's a better shot of the interior, and a rare glimpse of the Hardtop on...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2005c.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	513424   Click image for larger version

Name:	2005ca.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	513425  

Last edited by MyNewRag; 06-27-2013 at 11:20 PM.
MyNewRag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:33 PM   #14
PhenielG

My Ride: 02 M3 vert
Send a message via MSN to PhenielG Send a message via Yahoo to PhenielG Send a message via Skype™ to PhenielG
I would LOVE to see a Steel Grey with Cinnamon interior if that combo was ever offered.
PhenielG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:37 PM   #15
trailmower

My Ride: 330CIC
Quote:
Originally Posted by breiwa1 View Post
Oxford green is my personal favorite, why that color was discontinued is beyond me.
I have a 330 with dark green metallic exterior and black interior. It's a different color than the green oxford but I like mine because it's unique and appears to swing from green to almost black depending on the light.

With that said, the nicest I've seen is from another fanatic. It's Orient blue with natural brown interior. Sweet!
trailmower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 05:26 PM   #16
Charlescrs6

My Ride: E46 M3 Convertible
I've got steel grey on imola and besides estoril on imola, it's my favorite. Also not an option for that on the poll.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:19 PM   #17
Dave

My Ride: 323,330,M3,M3,M3
I would think Estoril on Imola would clash. Estoril should go over a black/blue two-tone.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:36 PM   #18
jclip

My Ride: 06 m3, 01 325
Interlagos blue on cinnamon, hands down sexiest combo I've seen thus far
jclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:03 PM   #19
beeemerdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclip View Post
pic ?
Old 07-02-2013, 11:18 PM   #20
Gheybe

My Ride: C6 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by jclip View Post
You've never seen it on a vert, because it was never made, unless it was ordered through BMW Individual, which I doubt.
Gheybe is offline   Reply With Quote