E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-01-2013, 02:55 PM   #61
RidinBimmerz

My Ride: Porsche 997 S
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsima325 View Post
congrats on the purchase interior looks crazy!
Thanks sima!
Quote:
Originally Posted by trizzuth View Post
nice score, cept for that hideous miami heat plate! HA
Hahaha. World Champs baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancakes View Post
again, beautiful interior... but....

1st order of business - reduce the length of that shifter knob
The car has the short shift kit from the factory. The throw is reduced by over 20 percent. As far as the knob goes.... it fits like a glove.

997S X-51 Pack, PCCB, Full Cocoa leather and MUCH more
RidinBimmerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:08 AM   #62
learthworml
mod-er-at-or-er

My Ride: 2011 Tundra Crewmax
Looks awesome! I would do a rear LED/bumper swap retrofit. Makes a world of difference in the looks dept imo.

SQ sound system
Seas Nextel Mids, Focal Utopia Mids, Focal BE tweeters, JL Audio 13tw5, Alpine PDX-4.150, Alpine PDX-1.600, Audison Bit One processor, Pioneer z150 hu
learthworml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:18 AM   #63
v8 5

My Ride: 6 speed BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidinBimmerz View Post
The car has the short shift kit from the factory. The throw is reduced by over 20 percent. As far as the knob goes.... it fits like a glove.
I'm sorry but you clearly don't know sports cars, the knob is supposed to be on the floor of the car. Real sports car status.

We have 4 websites within the family.
v8 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:29 AM   #64
Fergo

My Ride: still a gay 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 5 View Post
I'm sorry but you clearly don't know sports cars, the knob is supposed to be on the floor of the car. Real sports car status.
You mean real ricer status? So low you have to reach to shift? Lol yeah that's some fuckboi shit

2 easy 2 make hp turbos
Fergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:32 PM   #65
BruceWonder

My Ride: 2011.5 E92 M3
grats on the pick up. Love everything about it. Drop it asap with some LMs would be bomb diggity
Old 07-02-2013, 01:38 PM   #66
Adamo99

My Ride: e39 530i, e93 335i
Nice car, OP. Those wheels are my favourite wheels on the 997- I wouldn't change them unless you go to a centre-lock setup like the GT3RS or something.

I had looked at a black on cocoa brown convertible some time ago, in similar condition, and it sold within hours of posting. Nice find.
Adamo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:29 PM   #67
rohde88

My Ride: S2000
amazing car, that roof liner and leather everywhere in the interior!

(almost) worth the wait, jk nice ride!
Old 07-02-2013, 03:19 PM   #68
ThEnder

My Ride: has twin turbos
Nice pickup! Was that car originally sold by Santa Barbara Auto Group by chance?
Old 07-02-2013, 11:58 PM   #69
unionjack
Conceited Prick

My Ride: 997.2 C2S
Congrats again John. It's an absolutely beautiful car. You've just increased my desire to convert my interior to full leather by a lot.

If I may make a suggestion, rear 997.2 LEDs.

Last edited by unionjack; 07-03-2013 at 12:00 AM.
unionjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:02 AM   #70
bostonsc4

My Ride: BMW 323i
Quote:

Possibly back in the old days where that was the way it was... but in today's day and age that shift assembly is every bit sports car as they used to be.

JUST BE HAPPY ITS TRADITIONAL MANUAL
bostonsc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:46 AM   #71
RidinBimmerz

My Ride: Porsche 997 S
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonsc4 View Post

Possibly back in the old days where that was the way it was... but in today's day and age that shift assembly is every bit sports car as they used to be.

JUST BE HAPPY ITS TRADITIONAL MANUAL
He was probably just trolling as he always does
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEnder View Post
Nice pickup! Was that car originally sold by Santa Barbara Auto Group by chance?
The car was custom ordered by the first owner in Alabama. Then the second owner fell in love and had it shipped to Oxnard, California where I eventually found it and had it brought back to the East Coast! I am the third owner. We are all Rennlist and PCA members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohde88 View Post
amazing car, that roof liner and leather everywhere in the interior!

(almost) worth the wait, jk nice ride!
haha definitely worth the wait and I remind myself of that every day when I go back to the cars.com/autotrader etc and look for another car with an interior like this... or PCCB's.... to find both is damn near impossible on anything less than a Turbo S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamo99 View Post
Nice car, OP. Those wheels are my favourite wheels on the 997- I wouldn't change them unless you go to a centre-lock setup like the GT3RS or something.

I had looked at a black on cocoa brown convertible some time ago, in similar condition, and it sold within hours of posting. Nice find.
They are my favorite as well! These wheels happen to be in PERFECT condition, too. No curb, scratches, stains.... nothing. They look great! I plan on keeping them for a loooonnnnggg time
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWonder View Post
grats on the pick up. Love everything about it. Drop it asap with some LMs would be bomb diggity
Believe it or not (I am still surprised by this my damn self), I may keep the stock wheels on the car for good... Not only are they my favorite Porsche Design wheel, but they are hollow and extremely light weight.

If anything, down the road when I need new tires, I may put on some deep concave wheels with skinny spokes that show off the PCCB's more. Aside from that I am good at the moment! btw- thanks for the kind words

Quote:
Originally Posted by unionjack View Post
Congrats again John. It's an absolutely beautiful car. You've just increased my desire to convert my interior to full leather by a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by learthworml View Post
Looks awesome! I would do a rear LED/bumper swap retrofit. Makes a world of difference in the looks dept imo.
tbh, the LED retrofit just is not my style... I like to keep things time period correct and have therefore purchased the "All Red" tails from Suncoast.

The LED's look AWESOME on the 997.2 but unless I change my rear bumper to a .2 rear, the LED's on a .1 just look cheap/cheesy, IMO... Not to mention they ARENT cheap at over a grand! haha. The only way I would do it is if I swapped the bumper as well but now we are talking about some big $$$... maybe down the road

The All Reds will give it that clean look that I have always wanted. As far as the front LED's go, I have the bulbs switched out to HID's so I think it looks great as is

Thanks again, UnionJack!! Like I stated above, no REAR LED's for me, but more power to you with your .2.... I LOVE the .2 lights. Great car you've got as well! Are you on 6speed or RL?

997S X-51 Pack, PCCB, Full Cocoa leather and MUCH more

Last edited by RidinBimmerz; 07-03-2013 at 12:55 AM.
RidinBimmerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:23 AM   #72
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!

My Ride: ...a stairclimber!
Photos of My New 997!!! It has Finally Arrived

Quote:

UJ, when did you get rid of the MZ4 and pick up the P-Car? Why am I the last to find out about this????

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:09 PM   #73
Green_Shine

My Ride: Back seat riding

Quote:

The Estuary at Grey Oaks is BIG $$$!!!!! I'd look broke there

That's cool though, do you ever come here anymore?
Yeah, his place was custom built, it was crazy nice. However, he is a real estate developer and during the whole bubble he had to sell iit a few years ago . I have not been back since. He had Z8 and SL55 we would take to SB.

Is Andre's steakhouse still there? I miss that place, steak was sooooo good.

Old 07-04-2013, 05:11 PM   #74
unionjack
Conceited Prick

Quote:
tbh, the LED retrofit just is not my style... I like to keep things time period correct and have therefore purchased the "All Red" tails from Suncoast.

The LED's look AWESOME on the 997.2 but unless I change my rear bumper to a .2 rear, the LED's on a .1 just look cheap/cheesy, IMO... Not to mention they ARENT cheap at over a grand! haha. The only way I would do it is if I swapped the bumper as well but now we are talking about some big $$$... maybe down the road

The All Reds will give it that clean look that I have always wanted. As far as the front LED's go, I have the bulbs switched out to HID's so I think it looks great as is

Thanks again, UnionJack!! Like I stated above, no REAR LED's for me, but more power to you with your .2.... I LOVE the .2 lights. Great car you've got as well! Are you on 6speed or RL?
That's cool man. Your aesthetic choices are solid. Gotta go with what you like and you did very well. I'm on 6speed along with YNOT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
UJ, when did you get rid of the MZ4 and pick up the P-Car? Why am I the last to find out about this????

I got rid of the M Coupe awhile back. I ran around in a VW R32 for a few years to get a some things in order. Once that was done, it was Porsche time. I suspect I'll have the C2S for 3-4 years then switch over to a Turbo.
Old 07-04-2013, 08:30 PM   #75
Zell

My Ride: Has no throttle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergo_the_mule View Post
You mean real ricer status? So low you have to reach to shift? Lol yeah that's some fuckboi shit
Dildo shifter is where it's at.

Old 07-04-2013, 08:40 PM   #76
Fergo

My Ride: still a gay 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
Dildo shifter is where it's at.

Now that's what you need for a shift knob, big and meaty!

2 easy 2 make hp turbos
Fergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:32 PM   #77
pancakes

My Ride: BMW M, VW GTI, BIKE
Quote:
1st order of business - reduce the length of that shifter knob
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergo_the_mule View Post
pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:33 PM   #78
pancakes

My Ride: BMW M, VW GTI, BIKE
Quote:
I got rid of the M Coupe awhile back. I ran around in a VW R32 for a few years to get a some things in order. Once that was done, it was Porsche time. I suspect I'll have the C2S for 3-4 years then switch over to a Turbo.
wait, which M Coupe did you have? z3 or z4? how does teh P-car compare?
pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:27 AM   #79
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!

My Ride: ...a stairclimber!

Quote:
That's cool man. Your aesthetic choices are solid. Gotta go with what you like and you did very well. I'm on 6speed along with YNOT.

The C2S will be my next car if I don't get the M4. Then it'll be a Turbo for me too! Any pics of your P-Car?

M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 12:50 PM   #80
unionjack
Conceited Prick

Quote:
wait, which M Coupe did you have? z3 or z4? how does teh P-car compare?
Z4 M Coupe. Z4M was an awesomely fun car and liked to be man-handled whereas the 911 is all precision. The 911 is much more stately and clearly higher-end. It'll run circles around the Z4M all day, but they're not really competitors. The Z4M Coupe competed with the Cayman S. While the Cayman S was slightly faster, the Z4M was way more fun. For me, I can honestly say that now owning an 911, I can't imagine owning a different car ever again.

Here's a few pics of my old Z4M Coupe. '07 Alpine White/Imola Red, Loaded to the gills

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
The C2S will be my next car if I don't get the M4. Then it'll be a Turbo for me too! Any pics of your P-Car?

Last edited by unionjack; 07-06-2013 at 12:52 PM.
unionjack is offline   Reply With Quote