E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-02-2013, 12:04 AM   #41
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post
I thought we had moved past that. I haven't seen anyone condone the cops' actions yet.
So does everyone feel a cop should be able to shoot a dog after he unlawfully kicks in a front door and enters a house?

That happens at least once a month

I see a man getting kidnapped by men in uniforms and his dog protecting him

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.

Last edited by JonJon; 07-02-2013 at 12:05 AM.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:05 AM   #42
morningisbad

My Ride: E46 M3 Vert
Re: Cop shoots a dog while arresting owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
Interesting how everyone ignores how this situation was created
I don't think anyone cares... There have been plenty of threads about cops attesting people for filming. That's not what this video was about.

But by all means, continue with your cop bashing...
Old 07-02-2013, 12:06 AM   #43
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningisbad View Post
I don't think anyone cares... There have been plenty of threads about cops attesting people for filming. That's not what this video was about.

But by all means, continue with your cop bashing...
Bashing? How about accountability?
That's exactly what this thread is about

Quote:
I agree with JonJon.

Last edited by JonJon; 07-02-2013 at 12:07 AM.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:06 AM   #44
VaderDave
Invictus

My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
Quote:
So does everyone feel a cop should be able to shoot a dog after he unlawfully kicks in a front door and enters a house?

That happens at least once a month

I see a man getting kidnapped by men in uniforms and his dog protecting him
Unfortunately, the dog's going to lose 10 times out of 10 in those situations.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:08 AM   #45
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

Quote:
Unfortunately, the dog's going to lose 10 times out of 10 in those situations.
Unless you put a badge on the dog... I shoot one of them and I go to jail for killing a cop

Quote:
I agree with JonJon.

Last edited by JonJon; 07-02-2013 at 12:08 AM.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:08 AM   #46
morningisbad

My Ride: E46 M3 Vert

Quote:
Wish the dog would've gotten to a throat or two
^^doesn't sound like "accountability" to me^^
Old 07-02-2013, 12:10 AM   #47
VaderDave
Invictus

Quote:
Unless you put a badge on the dog... I shoot one of them and I go to jail for killing a cop
I guess you'd better hope that never happens, then. I'm not sure what else to say.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:13 AM   #48
So Lowww

My Ride: E36M
Quote:
Thank you. Exactly this.

These ass-holes stirred everything up and ended murdering the poor good.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:27 AM   #49
Born Again

Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
Why do cops have guns out in this situation?

Seems very unwarranted.

Guy was recording them. I'm confused why a gun should be brandished when a few people can easily take this guy. Cops are wussy here. Use tasers, batons, etc.

Btw random question here if a cop killed your dog would you return the favor if you knew where he lived? Is that just a misdemeanor if this guy went vigilante on the cop's personal dog?

best mod to date : OEM grocery bag holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:

Last edited by Born Again; 07-02-2013 at 12:32 AM.
Born Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:29 AM   #50
VaderDave
Invictus

I'm headed off to bed, but I've got a few thoughts on this subject that I'll try to remember for tomorrow.

Interesting discussion.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:36 AM   #51
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!

My Ride: M4 and Range Rover S
Quote:
I hate to say it, because it's clearly an unpopular viewpoint around here, but if I were in a situation where a dog started behaving aggressively towards me and didn't back off following a sharp yell, I would seriously consider shooting the dog. If it were behaving aggressively towards one of my kids, I probably wouldn't even bother with the yell.
While unpopular, I would shoot a dog in a heart beat, especially any breed known to be aggressive (...and I have no problem with dogs and have one of my own; a pit mix). Listen, it's really easy to say, "Oh, the dog wasn't in attack mode.....it was just investigating", but the honest truth is that we have to make split decisions on the fly. Sometimes decisions like this have to be made and no one wins in the end. It's unfortunate for the dog because the owner should have done a better job of securing the animal.

As for the question about why the officers had their firearms drawn, well....that's the job. Depending on the situation (..and what is known about the individual), I will exit and draw my weapon. It really just depends. Take the emotion out of your responses and try to be just a tad bit more objective.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 07-02-2013 at 12:41 AM.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:39 AM   #52
E46Enthusiast20
Modded ///Member

My Ride: 2008 135i M-Sport

As a loving dog owner its just to hard to see this happen. I just huged my pup after I saw that video because its just so sad to watch. Justice needs to be served here. The police should have instructed the owner to close his windows so his dog wouldn't jump out. Its the instinct of dogs in general to protect their owners.

My hellrot sedan thread.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...382&highlight=

Last edited by E46Enthusiast20; 07-02-2013 at 12:42 AM.
E46Enthusiast20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:40 AM   #53
Born Again

Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
While unpopular, I would shoot a dog in a heart beat, especially any breed known to be aggressive (...and I have no problem with dogs and have one of my own; a pit mix). Listen, it's really easy to say, "Oh, the dog wasn't in attack mode.....it was just investigating", but the honest truth is that we have to make split decisions on the fly. Sometimes decisions like this have to be made and no one wins in the end. It's unfortunate for the dog because the owner should have done a better job of securing the animal.

As for the question about why the officers had their firearms drawn, well....that's the job. Depending on the situation (..and what is known about the individual), I will exit and draw my weapon. It really just depends. Take the emotion out of your responses and try to be just wee bit objective.
What happened to tasers and batons ? Or is that just euro countries ?

Quote:
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Old 07-02-2013, 12:42 AM   #54
M3Inline6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Again View Post
What happened to tasers and batons ? Or is that just euro countries ?
Really? Use a taser or baton on a dog???? It is just plain stupid to allow an animal capable of royally f*cking me up to close the distance. Again, it's all situational. Am I going to shoot a small dog or a dog likely to cause me very little damage? The likely answer is no. I'll shoot a Pit, Rott, Dobie, Akita, etc. without hesitation IF I feel like there is a chance that I'm about to be attacked. Sorry if that's an unpopular view, but it is mine alone.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 07-02-2013 at 12:46 AM.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:45 AM   #55
Breezy

My Ride: LSB M3, saab 900s
fvck that pig../thread
Old 07-02-2013, 12:45 AM   #56
M3Inline6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
fvck that pig../thread
That's real mature!
Old 07-02-2013, 12:47 AM   #57
Breezy

My Ride: LSB M3, saab 900s
Does anyone remember the story from a few years ago involving some high level city or political figure who had a case of mistaken identity..basically swat broke in and shot BOTH black labs..which were running away. Think about it..BLACK LABS...some people in that position and level of control are just douchebags, waiting to use their guns and play big boy.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:49 AM   #58
Born Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
Really? Use a taser or baton on a dog???? It is just plain stupid to allow an animal capable of royally f*cking me up to close the distance. Again, it's all situational. Am I going to shoot a small dog or a dog likely to cause me very little damage? The likely answer is no. I'll shoot a Pit, Rott, Dobie, Akita, etc. without hesitation IF I feel like there is a chance that I'm about to be attacked. Sorry if that's an unpopular view, but it is mine alone.
Chill out dude!!!

Look not every country shoots dogs . They call for animal control to get the dog.

USA is culturally different but it doesn't mean we can't change.

Your choice on killing those dogs. Obviously you're life isn't at risk but your pride sure is.

Quote:
Old 07-02-2013, 12:53 AM   #59
M3Inline6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Again View Post
Chill out dude!!!

Look not every country shoots dogs . They call for animal control to get the dog.

USA is culturally different but it doesn't mean we can't change.

Your choice on killing those dogs. Obviously you're life isn't at risk but your pride sure is.
I'm not upset.

Animal control might be a factor WHEN the dog is contained and an officer needs to gain entrance to a residence or a business. Animal control is NOT a suitable option with a free roaming animal in an arrest situation. I'm not going to argue about the premise that I presented. A dangerous dog CAN take a life and CAN seriously maul (..the latter is likely the more realistic outcome). I'm going home in one piece with all of my extremities intact. Thank you very much.

It wasn't that long ago that a local department had to deal with a series of dog maulings (..and loss of life did occur). These things happen all of the time.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 07-02-2013 at 01:05 AM.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:56 AM   #60
HBizzo88

My Ride: 2002 bmw 330ci
Cop shoots a dog while arresting owner

Hopefully the dog made it. I know some dogs can take a a lot. My buddies German Shepard got shot 3 times in the side, with a shot gun, and still lived a full life.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app