E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-02-2013, 01:58 AM   #61
Born Again

Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
I'm not upset.

Animal control might be a factor WHEN the dog is contained and an officer needs to gain entrance to a residence or a business. Animal control is NOT a suitable option with a free roaming animal in an arrest situation. I'm not going to argue about the premise that I presented. A dangerous dog CAN take a life and CAN seriously maul (..the latter is likely the more realistic outcome). I'm going home in one piece with all of my extremities intact. Thank you very much.

It wasn't that long ago that a local department had to deal with a series of dog maulings (..and loss of life did occur). These things happen all of the time.
Appreciate the response.

Sad situation.

I have a little 11 pound pappion chihuahua . If it barked at you and showed it teeth and growled - still justifiable deadly force?

I'm wondering where the line is drawn

best mod to date : OEM grocery bag holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:

Last edited by M3Inline6; 07-02-2013 at 01:59 AM.
Born Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:03 AM   #62
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!

My Ride: A sexy ass ///M4!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Again View Post
Appreciate the response.

Sad situation.

I have a little 11 pound pappion chihuahua . If it barked at you and showed it teeth and growled - still justifiable deadly force?

I'm wondering where the line is drawn
Of course not! I'd just punt the chihuahua. I keed, I keed! Seriously though, officers don't typically go around shooting animals, and in my line of work I don't deal with domestic issues, so I don't come across dogs very often at all. A municipal cop or deputy would deal with stuff like that far more often; probably daily/weekly. There is a stark difference between a 60-80 lb. Pit Bull or 100-150 lb. Rottweiler and a small terrier, chihuahua, etc. A Pit, Rott, Dobie, etc. will close the distance so fast that you won't have time to blink. You (..meaning an officer that encounters that) better be on your toes.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 07-02-2013 at 02:05 AM.
M3Inline6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:06 AM   #63
M3Inline6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBizzo88 View Post
Hopefully the dog made it. I know some dogs can take a a lot. My buddies German Shepard got shot 3 times in the side, with a shot gun, and still lived a full life.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Tough dog. I don't even know any humans that survived 3 shotgun rounds.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:07 AM   #64
CollinsE90

My Ride: 330i
I did a summer job doing GIS collection. I was mapping all the water meters in the city on GPS units via satellite. I was not prepared for what I was about to embark on. About day 2 I was trying to get a signal Simba style and I look to my left and a dog was full sprint running towards me. I booked it down the street while the owner was yelling he didn't bite.

Moral of the story. Unchained dogs are unpredictable, as are their owners. I was chased about 5 times in 3 months.

Last edited by CollinsE90; 07-02-2013 at 02:08 AM.
CollinsE90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:10 AM   #65
M3Inline6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
I did a summer job doing GIS collection. I was mapping all the water meters in the city on GPS units via satellite. I was not prepared for what I was about to embark on. About day 2 I was trying to get a signal Simba style and I look to my left and a dog was full sprint running towards me. I booked it down the street while the owner was yelling he didn't bite.

Moral of the story. Unchained dogs are unpredictable, as are their owners. I was chased about 5 times in 3 months.
IF I only had a dollar for every time I heard an owner say, "He doesn't bite. He's not aggressive" only for the dog to demonstrate otherwise.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:12 AM   #66
HBizzo88

My Ride: 2002 bmw 330ci
Quote:
Tough dog. I don't even know any humans that survived 3 shotgun rounds.
Their bodies are a lot different, its strange.

He was an awesome dog. A farmer shot him for attacking his cattle. he lived for several years after that.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:13 AM   #67
CollinsE90

Quote:
IF I only had a dollar for every time I heard an owner say, "He doesn't bite. He's not aggressive" only for the dog to demonstrate otherwise.
I was dead sprint yelling I didn't believe him

I finally just stopped and he stopped chasing me as well. Told the mailman about an hour later to watch out, and he said he's jumped through a window to chase him before.

I gained a new respect for dogs that weren't mine, and I don't take them lightly anymore. Dogs can be insanely protective in high-pressure situations involving their owner.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:15 AM   #68
kuksul08

My Ride: M3
I don't think it matters if I am sprinting or standing still, my dog still catches up to me in about 2 seconds.

Look at that subtle jet-black coloring. The tasteful thickness of it. Oh my God, it even has a 6mt.
S54 Valve Adjustment Spreadsheet & Info: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28231781/S54...ent%20info.zip
S54 VANOS DIY Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SkT2j3jsU0
kuksul08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:19 AM   #69
M3Inline6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
I was dead sprint yelling I didn't believe him

I finally just stopped and he stopped chasing me as well. Told the mailman about an hour later to watch out, and he said he's jumped through a window to chase him before.

I gained a new respect for dogs that weren't mine, and I don't take them lightly anymore. Dogs can be insanely protective in high-pressure situations involving their owner.
See, that owner needs to contain that dog. He puts the dog and passer-bys in a bad situation. That dog is going to get it (..or seriously give it) one day!
Old 07-02-2013, 02:21 AM   #70
M3Inline6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuksul08 View Post
I don't think it matters if I am sprinting or standing still, my dog still catches up to me in about 2 seconds.
Mine too. My dog is so fast that it's not even funny. He is the fastest dog in any dog park that I've ever taken him too. Sometimes it's hilarious to watch the procession of 10-15 dogs trying to catch him. If I could have him race one of the K9's I would, but those department dogs don't really play nice with anything/anybody but the handling officer.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 07-02-2013 at 02:21 AM.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:26 AM   #71
CollinsE90

Quote:
See, that owner needs to contain that dog. He puts the dog and passer-bys in a bad situation. That dog is going to get it (..or seriously give it) one day!
Exactly. The owners of the dogs should be held accountable, too. I had a lady open her front door as I was standing in the yard to let out her Pit Bull with one of those thin metal wire yard chains that was dark enough in color I didn't initially see it. Took off for a second until he ran out of slack and I realized he was chained. People don't care about other people, and I saw it multiple times with owners and their dogs. I have to side with any officer with a loose dog big enough to do damage.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:35 AM   #72
HPFMTRE

My Ride: HPF stage 3 M3
Edit: Not even gonna get into it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeRzErKaS View Post
wat?? guys with turbo M3's don't have woman troubles...

try adjusting your wastegate
HPF Stage 3 #001

R35 GTR coming soon ;)

Last edited by HPFMTRE; 07-02-2013 at 04:19 AM.
HPFMTRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:33 AM   #73
mistrzmiasta

My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:19 AM   #74
Fergo

My Ride: still a gay 135i
My dog is an untamed force of nature. A true wild beast.

2 easy 2 make hp turbos
all cash
Fergo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:07 AM   #75
mistrzmiasta

My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
that looks like a baby kangaroo....
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:35 AM   #76
Breezy

My Ride: LSB M3, saab 900s
Cop shoots a dog while arresting owner

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1372779276.221663.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	168.0 KB
ID:	51416750lbs of fury..last time I checked

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 07-02-2013, 12:21 PM   #77
VaderDave
Invictus

My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
I suppose that the ultimate question here is: what level of aggressive behavior are we willing to accept from dogs that are in our communities? It seems like every time there's a dog shooting, there's always some dog apologist who says "the dog was just doing what dogs do! They are territorial and protect their masters!"

I think if we are going to allow dogs to be in our society we have the right to hold them to standards of behavior that allow the rest of society to travel in public without feeling threatened. I think the burden of behavior ultimately rests entirely with the owner of the dog--if the dog is aggressive or territorial, then the owner has the responsibility to either train that behavior out of the dog or keep the dog out of the public, with the understanding that failure to do so will lead to the dog either 1) getting shot or 2) hurting someone, leading to complete liability on the part of the owner.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:23 PM   #78
VaderDave
Invictus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergo_the_mule View Post
My dog is an untamed force of nature. A true wild beast.

Terrifying.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:59 PM   #79
morningisbad

My Ride: E46 M3 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post
I suppose that the ultimate question here is: what level of aggressive behavior are we willing to accept from dogs that are in our communities? It seems like every time there's a dog shooting, there's always some dog apologist who says "the dog was just doing what dogs do! They are territorial and protect their masters!"

I think if we are going to allow dogs to be in our society we have the right to hold them to standards of behavior that allow the rest of society to travel in public without feeling threatened. I think the burden of behavior ultimately rests entirely with the owner of the dog--if the dog is aggressive or territorial, then the owner has the responsibility to either train that behavior out of the dog or keep the dog out of the public, with the understanding that failure to do so will lead to the dog either 1) getting shot or 2) hurting someone, leading to complete liability on the part of the owner.
I agree, however, I feel like there are some things you can't train out of a dog. If a dog is always aggressive, he should either be very well restrained or kept out of public (agree 100%). But any dog would react with aggression if their master was being threatened. We had a cocker spaniel when I was younger. Dog never barked, never even jumped up on people, even when play fighting with him. But my dad would pretend to beat on us, and immediately he would bark and get aggressive. I think the only fault in the situation is the owner not rolling the windows up further. But I'm sure the police had told him, go put the dog in the car, you're under arrest (or something of the sort). So jumping into the drivers seat, putting the key in and rolling the windows up was probably a bad idea.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:02 PM   #80
VaderDave
Invictus

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningisbad View Post
I agree, however, I feel like there are some things you can't train out of a dog. If a dog is always aggressive, he should either be very well restrained or kept out of public (agree 100%). But any dog would react with aggression if their master was being threatened. We had a cocker spaniel when I was younger. Dog never barked, never even jumped up on people, even when play fighting with him. But my dad would pretend to beat on us, and immediately he would bark and get aggressive. I think the only fault in the situation is the owner not rolling the windows up further. But I'm sure the police had told him, go put the dog in the car, you're under arrest (or something of the sort). So jumping into the drivers seat, putting the key in and rolling the windows up was probably a bad idea.
I hadn't thought about it before, but putting the dog into the car on a June afternoon (especially if the windows were rolled up) would probably have resulted in the dog dying from overheating.