E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-02-2013, 12:59 PM   #81
ThEnder

My Ride: has twin turbos
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
I'm not upset.

Animal control might be a factor WHEN the dog is contained and an officer needs to gain entrance to a residence or a business. Animal control is NOT a suitable option with a free roaming animal in an arrest situation. I'm not going to argue about the premise that I presented. A dangerous dog CAN take a life and CAN seriously maul (..the latter is likely the more realistic outcome). I'm going home in one piece with all of my extremities intact. Thank you very much.

It wasn't that long ago that a local department had to deal with a series of dog maulings (..and loss of life did occur). These things happen all of the time.
The dog was contained in the car. If you re-watch the video you might notice that the dog didn't jump out of the car until an officer hit his owner (who was already handcuffed and complying).

I recognize that you are a cop so you are inclined to side with the officers but everything in the video points to a situation manufactured by the police. This is not the first time that the cops have killed because they went too far, and it isn't always a dog that they shoot.

I'm curious how you justify such a quick resort to deadly force here in American when law enforcement in other parts of the world do not even carry guns.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:03 PM   #82
morningisbad

My Ride: E46 M3 Vert
Re: Cop shoots a dog while arresting owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post
I hadn't thought about it before, but putting the dog into the car on a June afternoon (especially if the windows were rolled up) would probably have resulted in the dog dying from overheating.
Exactly! So many reasons why blame shouldn't be placed on an individual.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:03 PM   #83
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningisbad View Post
I agree, however, I feel like there are some things you can't train out of a dog. If a dog is always aggressive, he should either be very well restrained or kept out of public (agree 100%). But any dog would react with aggression if their master was being threatened. We had a cocker spaniel when I was younger. Dog never barked, never even jumped up on people, even when play fighting with him. But my dad would pretend to beat on us, and immediately he would bark and get aggressive. I think the only fault in the situation is the owner not rolling the windows up further. But I'm sure the police had told him, go put the dog in the car, you're under arrest (or something of the sort). So jumping into the drivers seat, putting the key in and rolling the windows up was probably a bad idea.
The police caused and forced the situation and outcome
FACT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:09 PM   #84
morningisbad

My Ride: E46 M3 Vert
Re: Cop shoots a dog while arresting owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
The police caused and forced the situation and outcome
FACT
Oooh JonJon...you still haven't explained how you're not "bashing" and rather holding them accountable.

I feel like if I argue my point with you, it will be just like arguing with a catholic about the existence of god...trying to introduce common sense and logic will just fall of deaf ears.

(please no one say anything about god...don't need a bigger argument, haha)
Old 07-02-2013, 01:46 PM   #85
bostonsc4

My Ride: BMW 323i
I've owned rotties before and I can't bring myself to watch the video because I'll probably be sad for the rest of the day. That being said, the emotion running through a dogs head when it sees their owner in trouble is truly unbelievable.

Again I can't watch the video, but I do remember my Rottie's being VERY intimidating to other people who didn't know them, and mine were extremely well trainied and would never hurt anybody unless I was in trouble. They used to sleep at the foot of my bed on the floor every night in sort of a "protector" position.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:54 PM   #86
learthworml
mod-er-at-or-er

My Ride: 2011 Tundra Crewmax
Quote:
And people wonder why when cops get killed people rejoice..

Wish the dog would've gotten to a throat or two
Albeit the cops should not have shot the dog, but wishing the dog could have gotten a throat or two? Human life is much more valuable than an animal. People that rejoice when cops get killed are ignorant scum. Not all police officers are bad, the majority are good people that protect us. Would you want to live in a society without any law enforcement? I don't think so. In general you are a smart guy and have great posts, I am not sure why you have such contempt for cops.

SQ sound system
Seas Nextel Mids, Focal Utopia Mids, Focal BE tweeters, JL Audio 13tw5, Alpine PDX-4.150, Alpine PDX-1.600, Audison Bit One processor, Pioneer z150 hu
learthworml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:36 PM   #87
Adamo99

My Ride: 330Ci vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonsc4 View Post
I've owned rotties before and I can't bring myself to watch the video because I'll probably be sad for the rest of the day. That being said, the emotion running through a dogs head when it sees their owner in trouble is truly unbelievable.

Again I can't watch the video, but I do remember my Rottie's being VERY intimidating to other people who didn't know them, and mine were extremely well trainied and would never hurt anybody unless I was in trouble. They used to sleep at the foot of my bed on the floor every night in sort of a "protector" position.
I went over and hugged my Rottie immediately after watching this video. If you watch, you'll see that he wasn't even running toward the officers- he was doing the typical Rottie playful bouncing towards them, and stopped before actually reaching them.
Adamo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:36 PM   #88
DME46

My Ride: has free candy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by learthworml View Post
Albeit the cops should not have shot the dog, but wishing the dog could have gotten a throat or two? Human life is much more valuable than an animal. People that rejoice when cops get killed are ignorant scum. Not all police officers are bad, the majority are good people that protect us. Would you want to live in a society without any law enforcement? I don't think so. In general you are a smart guy and have great posts, I am not sure why you have such contempt for cops.
There are plenty of seeing-eye dogs who have contributed more in their short lives to society, than a plethora of human-beings.

These cops took advantage of their authority and handled the situation poorly, escalating it to the incident that occurred. Police officers are law enforcement... not judge, jury, and executioner.

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
all this pain is an illusion
DME46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:45 PM   #89
Act of God
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 3.5 Liters of fury
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by learthworml View Post
Human life is much more valuable than an animal.
1. Says who
2. Is a human ego more valuable than a dog's life?

There needs to be an official decree, made HIGHLY public that it isn't illegal to film the police doing their public job. I can't believe cops still go around bullying people like this.
Old 07-02-2013, 03:02 PM   #90
M3Inline6
I'm now boosting! Funnnn!

My Ride: 335/X5/M3/848/128i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEnder View Post

I recognize that you are a cop so you are inclined to side with the officers but everything in the video points to a situation manufactured by the police. This is not the first time that the cops have killed because they went too far, and it isn't always a dog that they shoot.

I'm curious how you justify such a quick resort to deadly force here in American when law enforcement in other parts of the world do not even carry guns.

I'm really not concerned with how other parts of the world deal with law enforcement related issues, and I don't concern myself with their decision to not carry firearms (..or carry firearms, but not allow citizens to be armed). I'm a supporter of an armed culture. I wouldn't care if every responsible American was able to carry a concealed weapon.

As for my position, I'm not inclined to side with law enforcement 100% of the time, BUT I do have a professional perspective that most people on this forum do not. Sometimes the actions committed by someone in law enforcement can be so egregious that I can not, in good faith, agree with what took place (..nor disagree with public vilification). In the situation involving the dog, I wouldn't have behaved any differently where choosing to shoot an advancing dog is concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unionjack View Post
Dude, you are massively gay for Capoeira. Yes I know this has been well established for quite some time.
Quote:
While not big, I bet it's firm and can grind the sh1t out of a crank.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 07-02-2013 at 03:16 PM.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:04 PM   #91
bostonsc4

My Ride: BMW 323i
Cop shoots a dog while arresting owner

This police officers contact information has been released to the web with his name, cell, desk phone, and email....

He is fuct.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 07-02-2013, 03:19 PM   #92
Carskibum

My Ride: E90
Send a message via AIM to Carskibum
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonsc4 View Post
This police officers contact information has been released to the web with his name, cell, desk phone, and email....

He is fuct.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Disgusting. Guy was doing his job, really sad state of social media.
Old 07-02-2013, 03:30 PM   #93
M3Inline6
I'm now boosting! Funnnn!

My Ride: 335/X5/M3/848/128i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carskibum View Post
It is tough to police in today's world. EVERYTHING is scrutinized just because.

Quote:
Dude, you are massively gay for Capoeira. Yes I know this has been well established for quite some time.
Quote:
While not big, I bet it's firm and can grind the sh1t out of a crank.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:56 PM   #94
pwr2panda

My Ride: Prefacelift E46 4dr
Quote:
I would too. There would be no hesitation to shoot a dog that took an aggressive stance to me. I had to draw on a dog once before but thankfully it turned away.

I was also attacked by a rottie before. Almost took my arm off and still have the hole in my wrist as a reminder. VERY fast and powerful dogs

The cops in this situation CREATED the situation.
There is no cause for them to approach, detain or arrest the man.
They are responsible for the outcome and should be held accountable
I still don't understand how a guy filming them from half a block away is obstruction of justice or whatever they were gonna push on him. They should have just told him to get going/nothing to see.

Btw everything should be scrutinized when LEOs have the power to arrest and can use force to make those arrests. If you want to blame anyone, you should blame the bad apples who have gave law enforcement a bad rap.
pwr2panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:02 PM   #95
BreakMyWallet

My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post
I hate to say it, because it's clearly an unpopular viewpoint around here, but if I were in a situation where a dog started behaving aggressively towards me and didn't back off following a sharp yell, I would seriously consider shooting the dog. If it were behaving aggressively towards one of my kids, I probably wouldn't even bother with the yell.
You obviously don't have a dog. Dude, it was barking... Thats it. If a dog is going to attack, you pretty much know off the bat. Officer was just an idiot and a pvssy. He was being a dog and protecting his owner. The owner wasn't aggressive or resisting, they could've easily just said to tie the dog up or something. All he was doing was filming cops, who are known for getting away with too much already. I may be wrong, but I don't see what law he is breaking. Cops take on the role of being an upstanding figure, they shouldn't be scared of people filming if they didn't think they were doing something wrong.

Last edited by BreakMyWallet; 07-02-2013 at 04:04 PM.
BreakMyWallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:12 PM   #96
PH03NIX46

My Ride: '03 M3
I don't understand why the guy was filming anyway...is his life really that uneventful?

Also, the dog lunged twice at the officer. If he didn't step back immediately the second time, he would have been bit and that dog wouldn't have let go. The officer was defending himself and his partners because he believed that dog was putting them in danger. I don't understand what this uproar is all about, society is full of ****ing idiots. We should start paying attention to how our government is screwing us over, not trying to find some officer's information so we can harass him via telephone/internet.

I'm sad to see the dog die too. Seeing it kick its legs in the air after it was shot was extremely painful. I'm just trying to think logically about the entire situation, I'm not primarily focused on how sad it was to see the animal get shot at. I suggest the majority of you do the same.

Last edited by PH03NIX46; 07-02-2013 at 04:13 PM.
PH03NIX46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:14 PM   #97
Fergo

My Ride: S52 E30(dead)08 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakMyWallet View Post
Officer was just an idiot and a pvssy.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven747 View Post
v10 was awesome new m5 is just fast dosent have a soul just 2 easy to make hp turbos
Fergo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:20 PM   #98
MorganFreeman

My Ride: bacon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Again View Post
Chill out dude!!!

Look not every country shoots dogs . They call for animal control to get the dog.

USA is culturally different but it doesn't mean we can't change.

Your choice on killing those dogs. Obviously you're life isn't at risk but your pride sure is.
Hehe you are cute. I'll make sure to just stand there and call animal control when I see an unleashed dog barking viciously at me. And, while I wait for them to come to my rescue I will calmly reason with the dog to back down. Because I would rather let that sucker bite me than harm it, dogs are more precious than my own safety.

Sent from Heaven.
MorganFreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:20 PM   #99
Act of God
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 3.5 Liters of fury
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carskibum View Post
He wasn't doing his job. It is not his job to arrest citizens that are filming him well within their rights. In fact, he was acting 100% outside of his job at the time and performing an illegal arrest.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:21 PM   #100
Xcelratr

My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
I'm really not concerned with how other parts of the world deal with law enforcement related issues, and I don't concern myself with their decision to not carry firearms (..or carry firearms, but not allow citizens to be armed). I'm a supporter of an armed culture. I wouldn't care if every responsible American was able to carry a concealed weapon.

As for my position, I'm not inclined to side with law enforcement 100% of the time, BUT I do have a professional perspective that most people on this forum do not. Sometimes the actions committed by someone in law enforcement can be so egregious that I can not, in good faith, agree with what took place (..nor disagree with public vilification). In the situation involving the dog, I wouldn't have behaved any differently where choosing to shoot an advancing dog is concerned.
Do you carry mace or pepper spray?
Xcelratr is online now   Reply With Quote