E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-13-2013, 01:32 PM   #61
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!

My Ride: A sexy ass ///M4!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DME46 View Post
Obrigado amigo... eu acho tambem... eu mandei uma mensagem privado
Ta bom!
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:17 AM   #62
Interlagos

My Ride: 2006 E46 M3
Probably an unpopular position but not sure why men or women have to play these games. I don't think you sound 'needy' at all-but what did strike me is that you have not made the relationship with her anything "official"-so I feel like you have no say, really, in anything else she does. If it's any consolation, OP, we women go through the same thing, promise. I just started dating a guy about 3 weeks ago-spent a lot of time together at first, lots of texting, talking, etc. You know, certain patterns are established. He would send me a "good morning" text every morning, never fail. This past weekend he went quiet-I reached out, said hello, asked how he was doing...... crickets. I just don't get it. Never will.
Interlagos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:39 AM   #63
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlagos View Post
Probably an unpopular position but not sure why men or women have to play these games. I don't think you sound 'needy' at all-but what did strike me is that you have not made the relationship with her anything "official"-so I feel like you have no say, really, in anything else she does. If it's any consolation, OP, we women go through the same thing, promise. I just started dating a guy about 3 weeks ago-spent a lot of time together at first, lots of texting, talking, etc. You know, certain patterns are established. He would send me a "good morning" text every morning, never fail. This past weekend he went quiet-I reached out, said hello, asked how he was doing...... crickets. I just don't get it. Never will.
People change their minds with now warning signs sometimes. It's really sh1tty.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:15 PM   #64
M3Inline6

Quote:

It's those patterns - or the deviations from those established patterns - that contributed to the way I was feeling. I did have the "exclusive" talk with her last week (..which, despite feeling better, still leaves me confused about whether or not I should be calling her "girlfriend" or not; most of my female friends suggested that I should just begin introducing her as such, so I will heed that advice.), so I feel like it has been established that we are "together". She spent this past weekend with me, so at least I was a happy camper Saturday and Sunday. She also left a toothbrush. Good sign I suppose!

Thank you for chiming in as a female. It's always great to have perspective from the opposite sex. Sorry to hear about what's going on with you and your guy. That would cause my alarm bells to ring as well. Has he responded this morning?

Last edited by M3Inline6; 07-15-2013 at 12:22 PM.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:07 PM   #65
Interlagos

Ah, I see. I didn't realize you guys had had the "DTR"-LOL (Define the Relationship).

No, no word- it seems rather than having a conversation, many (but not all) guys just prefer to do the slow fade away and assume we will eventually get the clue.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:22 PM   #66
M3Inline6

Quote:
Ah, I see. I didn't realize you guys had had the "DTR"-LOL (Define the Relationship).

No, no word- it seems rather than having a conversation, many (but not all) guys just prefer to do the slow fade away and assume we will eventually get the clue.

Yeah, it actually happened about a week after our minor disagreement. I figured that I'd lay it on the line (..as suggested by a few female friends/acquaintances) and see how she responded to my request for "exclusivity". I was the shocked that she had already considered us to be, but happy nonetheless.

I wish more men (..and women) would be forthright about their feelings. Avoiding a direct conversation just continues the cycle of communication issues between the genders.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 07-15-2013 at 03:27 PM.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:40 PM   #67
CollinsE90

My Ride: 330i
Everyone says they wish everyone was straight forward and honest. The only problem is no one actually does want honesty, because they can't handle it. People also don't want straightforwardness because we inherently enjoy a challenge and chase.

To the girl: what if this guy that faded away told you the reason he decided to leave was because you didn't physically attract him as much as he initially thought, or you have major insecurity issues that he didn't like. If he faded away, that means he's letting you off easy rather than pointing out something you may or may not enjoy hearing. I don't think you deserve an explanation after a couple weeks.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:48 PM   #68
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
Everyone says they wish everyone was straight forward and honest. The only problem is no one actually does want honesty, because they can't handle it. People also don't want straightforwardness because we inherently enjoy a challenge and chase.

To the girl: what if this guy that faded away told you the reason he decided to leave was because you didn't physically attract him as much as he initially thought, or you have major insecurity issues that he didn't like. If he faded away, that means he's letting you off easy rather than pointing out something you may or may not enjoy hearing. I don't think you deserve an explanation after a couple weeks.
agreed. I never faded away because I liked everything about a person. If I was honest with people I would just be and assh0le.
Old 07-15-2013, 04:03 PM   #69
M3Inline6

Quote:

I agree with you regarding people being unable to handle honesty, but I don't think that being forthright necessarily removes the challenge and the chase. I've pursued women who were straight forward (..i.e..We can't date because we work together....I like you, but I'm not willing to give you the time of day until you prove to me that you're worth it (or that I'm worth it to you)....etc.), and that didn't kill the chase nor the challenge for me. What it DID do was rule out any superfluous assumptions that I would have added had I not known their reasoning. I'm a big boy; I can handle rejection. I deal best with direct individuals because I don't have time to play Sherlock Holmes with emotions, and in return I'm direct about how I feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
agreed. I never faded away because I liked everything about a person. If I was honest with people I would just be and assh0le.
I think you can be direct and honest without being crass or an assh0le. The former doesn't have to be synonymous with the latter.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 05-27-2014 at 06:06 PM.
Old 07-15-2013, 04:03 PM   #70
CollinsE90

Quote:
I've received angry Word documents, voicemails, friends of theirs to convince, damn near everything after fading away. Which is why I preach leave emotion out of it until you know both parties are equally invested. Leave emotion out makes it easy to walk away for both parties after attempting an adult "relationship" that failed.

As CRSmoak said, focus on making yourself happy and someone that the opposite sex would want. Don't assume you're not a catch and death grip the first person you meet.
Old 07-15-2013, 04:04 PM   #71
CollinsE90

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
I agree with you regarding people being unable to handle honesty, but I don't think that being forthright necessarily removes the challenge and the chase. I've pursued women who were straight forward (..i.e..we can't date because we work together......I like you, but I'm not willing to give you the time of day until you prove to me that you're worth it (or that I'm worth it to you)....etc.), and that didn't kill the chase nor the challenge for me.

I think you can be direct and honest without being crass or an assh0le. The former doesn't have to be synonymous with the latter.
The challenge was you worked together
Old 07-15-2013, 04:12 PM   #72
DylloS

Quote:
I agree with you regarding people being unable to handle honesty, but I don't think that being forthright necessarily removes the challenge and the chase. I've pursued women who were straight forward (..i.e..We can't date because we work together.....I like you, but I'm not willing to give you the time of day until you prove to me that you're worth it (or that I'm worth it to you)....etc.), and that didn't kill the chase nor the challenge for me. What it DID do was rule out any superfluous assumptions that I would have added had I not known their reasoning. I'm a big boy; I can handle rejection. I deal best with direct individuals because I don't have time to play Sherlock Holmes with emotions, and in return I'm direct about how I feel.

Tell someone you find them unattractive in the nicest way possible and you're still going to be and assh0le to all her friends lol.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 05-27-2014 at 06:08 PM.
Old 07-15-2013, 04:23 PM   #73
CollinsE90

Let me clarify. We inherently want a challenge, but a good portion of society settles. We don't NEED a challenge, we just prefer it.

Last edited by CollinsE90; 07-15-2013 at 04:24 PM.
CollinsE90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:33 PM   #74
M3Inline6

Quote:
Tell someone you find them unattractive in the nicest way possible and you're still going to be and assh0le to all her friends lol.
FWIW, I'm not going to get involved with somebody who is unable to rustle my jimmies. I have never had to have that kind of talk with a female. Granted, I have been involved with women whom I wasn't attracted enough to want to date them seriously, but they were attractive enough to hang with casually.

Quote:
Let me clarify. We inherently want a challenge, but a good portion of society settles. We don't NEED a challenge, we just prefer it.
Let's build on this. What are the challenges that we (..men) look for/prefer? I'm asking out of sheer curiosity. A reasonable amount of chase (..subjective I know) is okay, but I refuse to bend over backwards just to land a date.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 05-27-2014 at 06:08 PM.
Old 07-15-2013, 04:44 PM   #75
DylloS

Quote:
FWIW, I'm not going to get involved with somebody who is unable to rustle my jimmies. I have never had to have that kind of talk with a female. Granted, I have been involved with women whom I wasn't attracted enough to want to date them seriously, but they were attractive enough to hang with casually.

Let's build on this. What are the challenges that we (..men) look for/prefer? I'm asking out of sheer curiosity. A reasonable amount of chase (..subjective I know) is okay, but I refuse to bend over backwards just to land a date.
So when you didn't want to talk to them what did you do?

I don't know how I feel about a challenge. I look at a challenge a lot of times as playing games and just bounce. If my current gf made it a challenge to hang out with her I wouldn't be where I am with her now.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 05-27-2014 at 06:09 PM.
Old 07-15-2013, 04:51 PM   #76
CollinsE90

According to Freud, the challenge is finding someone like our mother . We all want someone to be a quality mother, quality father, quality spouse, honest, good looking, sexually arousing, and whatever relative qualities your life experiences has caused you to want or enjoy (e.g. A feisty girl if that's your cup of tea). Now, if you're a good looking girl that has everyone of those qualities, would you be easy? That's the challenge, landing all of them in one. At the end of the day, we want to know we landed the "one." Most start eliminating certain requirements because of difficulty or loneliness, and that curbs the want of a challenge.

Same goes for star fvckers, cleat chasers, gold diggers, band groupies. They love the challenge.

It's my theory that divorce is prominent now because of this very issue. Back in the day before women's rights, they realized they needed to get married to survive (calm down; this is true stuff). Women only had rights through their husband. They realized landing a good man was hard because every woman was out for the same. Now with equality, women and men are getting to a point in the marriage that they realized they settled and never had a challenge, and walk away for something else.

Last edited by CollinsE90; 07-15-2013 at 04:55 PM.
CollinsE90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:55 PM   #77
CollinsE90

Quote:

I don't know how I feel about a challenge. I look at a challenge a lot of times as playing games and just bounce. If my current gf made it a challenge to hang out with her I wouldn't be where I am with her now.
People are misconstruing challenge for games. It's not even remotely like playing games. It's not being emotional, not rushing things, focusing on yourself, and staying true to your wants. A vast majority of men completely throw themselves under a bus to get a good looking girl, and they don't even realize they're doing it. I never said ignore texts, or stand her up to show her who's boss or anything of the likes.

Show interest, not emotion, and don't put the pvssy on a pedastal.
Old 07-15-2013, 04:58 PM   #78
DylloS

It makes sense. I guess the challenge for me was getting the girl I thought had all the qualities I wanted. Awesome personality, beautiful, good body, into similar things as me, not superficial at all etc.

Last edited by DylloS; 07-15-2013 at 04:59 PM.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:14 PM   #79
M3Inline6

Quote:

Well, I went into those situations by first having a conversation outlining what I was/wasn't looking for, and with the understanding that it'll be short term (..be it a few weeks or a few months).
Old 07-16-2013, 09:16 AM   #80
Interlagos

Thank you, M3Inline6 - you absolutely read my mind-and very well stated.

CollinsE90, I hear you, and respect your opinion, but I'd like to agree to disagree.

I would much rather hear from the guy "you know, I'm just not that into you" than just all of a sudden, after spending a lot of time together, lots of calls, texting, etc. over the course of a few weeks into just nothing.

I don't have any expectations whatsoever that any guy I go out with is going to be that into me. It happens. I am sometimes not into them, anyway. But if it's me that's not into them I do the courtesy of telling them in an appropriate way that I'm not feeling the right connection to move forward.