E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-20-2013, 03:22 AM   #101
k2pilot

My Ride: Z4MC & B8 S4
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
My gf and I caught the last half of dexter from 2 weeks ago and she seemed interested and wants to watch it from the start now. I don't know if I want to invest that kind of time but I'd definitely watch season 1 again.

BTW, you sound exactly like me man. I was all about that tooth brush stuff too. She left hers after about a week though. A lot of talk about my roommate situation is happening now. I'll be honest it's a little weird for a 30 year old but I'm making out good. I have a 3 bedroom house and use the downstairs as my room which is very private. It's almost like another apartment. There's a total of 4 of us here now. 3 guys 1 girl. Rarely is there ever 2 people home at a time because of our schedules. There's a bathroom in my room but no shower so she feels kind of funny getting ready here in the mornings so we usually go to her house to sleep. The problem is I live for almost free with the 3 friends I have living here. I probably pay out a few hundred a month. Until we're ready to move in together there is no reason to change what I have going on and I explained that. I got kind of annoyed at her about a week ago thought because she said "everyone I talk to thinks it's weird". I wanted to say well whoever you told is a dumbbass because I'm not going to take money out of my pockets and live in a 2000sq ft house as a single 30 year old dude. Financially it doesn't make sense. I told her it kind of offended me and she apologized. I understand where she's coming from because a 30 year old dude shouldn't have 3 roommates but she needs to realize $1400 a month extra is worth having some friends around. Especially because at this point she is just a gf and although talks of future have happened, no moves are being made yet, and shouldn't imo.
Move in to her place, rent out your house completely... Profit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSmoak View Post
Collins, perhaps you're missing the bigger picture; yes he could've been blunt even to the point of cruelty, or he could've simply given a good justification, a lie, some truths, or both.

You've been dating a woman and you care for her very much, bad news she wants to break up. Would you prefer her to simply disappear, ignore your texts and calls, to leave you without any real explanation of what happened or why.

Or would you rather her express that she cares for you deeply, that she loves spending time with you and sharing experiences with you but would rather do so as a good friend. That she isn't ready for a relationship, work, stress, etc., and/or whatever.

In the end there really is no right or wrong way to go about these things, there are only better aways and worse ways, all them very dependent upon the circumstances of which there are too many to count.

There is nothing worse than that sh1t, lol. The friend zone is bad enough as it is, but to get banished there after a girl was sexually attracted to you? Practically the romantic equivalent of the death by a thousand cuts.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:26 AM   #102
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!

My Ride: A sexy ass ///M4!
So, this weekend proved to be another good one with the lady. Her behavior seemed to indicate that there was/is an added sense of closeness between us. She was attentive in the way that I needed her to be, so I figure that's a good sign. I introduced her as my "girlfriend" on two separate occasions this weekend (..which I feel set the stage for the aforementioned closeness; I could be imagining that though...lol! ), and I didn't get the feeling that she minded the title, so I'll just roll with it. I assume that she would have spoken up if it bothered her!!??!

Last edited by M3Inline6; 07-22-2013 at 09:42 AM.
M3Inline6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:56 AM   #103
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
So, this weekend proved to be another good one with the lady. Her behavior seemed to indicate that there was/is an added sense of closeness between us. She was attentive in the way that I needed her to be, so I figure that's a good sign. I introduced her as my "girlfriend" on two separate occasions this weekend (..which I feel set the stage for the aforementioned closeness; I could be imagining that though...lol! ), and I didn't get the feeling that she minded the title, so I'll just roll with it. I assume that she would have spoken up if it bothered her!!??!
thats good man. I think even if it did bother her, which it probably didn't, she would probably just let it slide.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:29 AM   #104
M3Inline6

Quote:
thats good man. I think even if it did bother her, which it probably didn't, she would probably just let it slide.
Well hopefully it didn't bother her. She was very physical this weekend, so that's a good sign. Like I mentioned before, she tends to be very touchy when she's happy (..and I really like/need physical touch).

P.S. Do you want a response to the post you deleted?
Old 07-22-2013, 11:38 AM   #105
DylloS

Quote:
Well hopefully it didn't bother her. She was very physical this weekend, so that's a good sign. Like I mentioned before, she tends to be very touchy when she's happy (..and I really like/need physical touch).

P.S. Do you want a response to the post you deleted?
yea dude. Posted in the other thread. I thought that was a better place for it.
Old 07-26-2013, 02:05 AM   #106
M3Inline6

I hate to admit this, but....

Well, it looks like we're officially bf/gf as of tonight.

I took a break to meet up with her and grab something to eat. I figured it was as good a time as any to seek clarification about how she felt when I introduced her as my girlfriend last weekend. I casually said to her, "BTW, I hope that I wasn't being too forward when I introduced you as my girlfriend last weekend." She replied, "No, you weren't!".....to which I replied, "So you're okay being the girlfriend of one of the most handsome guys in the Inland Empire (..making light of the situation obviously)?" She replied with a "Yes!", a smile, and a smart ass response to my handsome statement. So I guess we'll see how this goes. I'm eager to see how long it takes me to bypass her emotional barrier.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Last edited by M3Inline6; 05-27-2014 at 06:10 PM.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:52 AM   #107
DylloS

Quote:
Well, it looks like we're officially bf/gf as of tonight.

I took a break to meet up with her and grab something to eat. I figured it was as good a time as any to seek clarification about how she felt when I introduced her as my girlfriend last weekend. I casually said to her, "BTW, I hope that I wasn't being too forward when I introduced you as my girlfriend last weekend." She replied, "No, you weren't!".....to which I replied, "So you're okay being the girlfriend of one of the most handsome guys in the Inland Empire (..making light of the situation obviously)?" She replied with a "Yes!", a smile, and a smart ass response to my handsome statement. So I guess we'll see how this goes. I'm eager to see how long it takes me to bypass her emotional barrier.

Good luck man. I hope your situation goes smoother than mine. You seem to have the same warning signs I did though.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 05-27-2014 at 06:11 PM.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:11 AM   #108
M3Inline6

Quote:
Good luck man. I hope your situation goes smoother than mine. You seem to have the same warning signs I did though.
Yeah, I definitely have some corner workers waving red flags at me as I ride this emotional track. There's a crash on the track (...i.e...some emotional hang ups ), but I'm hoping that it gets cleaned up so the race can continue.

Old 07-26-2013, 10:17 AM   #109
DylloS

Quote:
Yeah, I definitely have some corner workers waving red flags at me as I ride this emotional track. There's a crash on the track (...i.e...some emotional hang ups ), but I'm hoping that it gets cleaned up so the race can continue.

I hope so too man. Not every good relationship starts off with people head over heels. These things should take some time.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:10 AM   #110
YOLO89

My Ride: Hooptie

Quote:
I hope so too man. Not every good relationship starts off with people head over heels. These things should take some time.
+1 on this.

YOLO89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:57 AM   #111
M3Inline6

Quote:
Very good point bro. I suppose that it'll take time for her to learn me and vice versa. We're still feeling each other out; learning more every day (...and she's talking more; she was much more reserved and quiet in the beginning. Now she talks more and seems to be getting more comfortable, hence her occasional tendency to be a smart ass.....not disrespectfully however!).

Last edited by M3Inline6; 07-26-2013 at 11:59 AM.
Old 07-27-2013, 01:41 AM   #112
mcr_driver

My Ride: my favorite two feet
Congrats man it's a crazy ride we get on. Sorry to hear about your situation Solly I haven't read the whole story yet been so busy in my personal life right now.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:40 PM   #113
M3Inline6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcr_driver View Post
Congrats man it's a crazy ride we get on. Sorry to hear about your situation Solly I haven't read the whole story yet been so busy in my personal life right now.
Yeah it is. This relationship with her isn't perfect, but I'm going to give it a shot and try to work through the things that bother me. If we can work to improve her communication (..minor things, but they bug me), I'll be satisfied and willing to take this relationship the distance. I expect a lot from her, but I also have to remember that the same issues that I have with her, my ex used to have with me. It took me a minute to "get it" and fully understand where I was deficient (..although I was too little, too late to repair the relationship), so I'm going to give her a chance to grow with me in this relationship. Now, I won't put in 5 1/2 years of work like my ex did (..damn good and patient woman; I can't even fault her....I was a project that she didn't have to take on), but I'll give it some time.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:59 AM   #114
DME46

My Ride: has free candy.
Best of luck M3! I'm making moves with my ex... but first I have to learn to deal with my own issues. Its not fair to be with someone when I can't be more than happy on my own.

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
all this pain is an illusion
DME46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 12:23 PM   #115
M3Inline6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DME46 View Post
Best of luck M3! I'm making moves with my ex... but first I have to learn to deal with my own issues. Its not fair to be with someone when I can't be more than happy on my own.

Thanks man, and that's a good approach to repairing yourself. One thing that my ex helped me realize was that I had emotional/trust issues that needed to be addressed. I went into that relationship thinking that I was emotionally stable and buttoned down; I was wrong! We spent time in counseling together, and I also spent time in counseling alone. Even still, it took me awhile to get to a stable place. The person that I am today isn't the person that I was 1 1/2 years ago when my ex and I broke up for the first time while in Hawaii (..Who does that? What a shitty way to ruin a vacation). It wasn't fair to her that I came into that relationship as a project, but to my defense........I didn't know. I was emotionally oblivious! Now that I'm in this new relationship, I FULLY understand and appreciate what my ex went through with me. Quite a learning experience.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 07-29-2013 at 12:24 PM.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:36 PM   #116
Breezy

My Ride: LSB M3, saab 900s
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2pilot View Post
Move in to her place, rent out your house completely... Profit!

There is nothing worse than that sh1t, lol. The friend zone is bad enough as it is, but to get banished there after a girl was sexually attracted to you? Practically the romantic equivalent of the death by a thousand cuts.

going to have to agree.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:05 AM   #117
z00

My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
I know now why you have not posted my BB bench video, you have been busy thinking and chasing this girl . Good luck bro!
z00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 02:52 PM   #118
Tom5933
<3s Euro-Spec

My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
I was and still am at times the exact same way. I read into sh1t wayyy to much.
Same here
Old 07-30-2013, 03:45 PM   #119
M3Inline6

Sometimes is sucks feeling like the option rather than the priority. That is all!
Old 07-30-2013, 04:02 PM   #120
DylloS

Quote:
Sometimes is sucks feeling like the option rather than the priority. That is all!
I thought like that too sometimes but when I think about it if my gf is not working she is with me 85% of the time