E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-06-2013, 08:35 PM   #81
Fergo

My Ride: still a gay 135i
F*cking jonjon you make me

2 easy 2 make hp turbos
all cash
Fergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:55 PM   #82
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:09 PM   #83
badfast

My Ride: A Car
Just watched the video. Didn't bother reading through the thread. Talk about corrupt cops, when he made the statement that the kid was innocent and was aware of his rights and the BS with the dog. Talk about corrupt, those guys need to be reeled in. IMO they are abusing their power and should be let go.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:28 PM   #84
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
Just watched the video. Didn't bother reading through the thread. Talk about corrupt cops, when he made the statement that the kid was innocent and was aware of his rights and the BS with the dog. Talk about corrupt, those guys need to be reeled in. IMO they are abusing their power and should be let go.
Replace "let go" with "thrown in prison"
And we're good!

Quote:
I agree with JonJon.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:37 PM   #85
Sentaruu

My Ride: Xterra
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
Replace "let go" with "thrown in prison"
And we're good!
I can agree with that.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:59 PM   #86
Dinan e36

My Ride: LEXUS IS350
Send a message via AIM to Dinan e36
white trash cops
Old 07-07-2013, 12:03 AM   #87
Brevik

My Ride: Tiag M3
Scum.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:04 AM   #88
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

PS: common knowledge to some of us...

But if asked to step out of your car, ALWAYS rollup the windows, lock/arm the car and put keys in your pocket. Verbally state repeatedly over and over you don't consent to any search or seizures of your person or vehicle

Quote:
I agree with JonJon.

Last edited by JonJon; 07-07-2013 at 12:04 AM.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:03 AM   #89
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
What the driver did was entirely okay, and is perfectly legal to do; however, the officer should not have stepped above the law like that.

Rolling down the window only half-way is totally legal - but it's suspicious. The officer, if feeling suspicious, should have done what he could within the realm of the law to be more alert and try and verify his suspicions, but should never have crossed the line.

Was it a smart thing for the driver to do? No, because let's be honest, if you're rolling down the window a tiny bit, you're one of two people:

1. You're trying to prove a point
2. You've got illegal stuff

You're going to be less likely to be caught with illegal stuff if you just act like you don't have anything illegal. If an officer starts bullying you, then it's time to bang out the constitutional rights.

The officer more than likely would not have bullied him if he just rolled the window all the way down. Not legally necessary to do, but that's the reality that we live in. People are going to be corrupt. If you happen to be involved with a corrupt cop, the cop is going to be corrupt no matter what you do, so be nice, roll your window all the way down, and if he starts bullying you, flex your rights. Simple as that.
I like my version better. Do everything in the video. Get it on film. Sue the police department. Drive home in a brand new M3.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:14 AM   #90
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
PS: common knowledge to some of us...

But if asked to step out of your car, ALWAYS rollup the windows, lock/arm the car and put keys in your pocket. Verbally state repeatedly over and over you don't consent to any search or seizures of your person or vehicle
Its amazing to me that people don't get this. It amazes me that people don't realize (and thank) guys like the one in the video that exposes all this police corruption. Wife and her friends almost had a heart attack the last time I went through a DUI checkpoint in NJ, but at least there the cops were nothing more than annoyed and let me keep on going.

I personally know someone who got proper f***ed by being nice to the police and answering an innocent question. Anyone who talks to police is an idiot, plain and simple, and sooner or later, they are going to be in a world of hurt.

Oh, and yet ANOTHER reason to have a dashcam.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:15 AM   #91
GasKing

My Ride: 14 Jeep Wrangler
Quote:
What's impolite is being stopped on the road for no reason to me.
If the officer can hear you and see you, what's the issue?

You have to understand, the officer is using every millisecond to determine if law is being broken. You're literally being analyzed up and down for a reason to be arrested. It's NOT a polite encounter or a chance to make friends. It's a 100% CYA situation and you should be on your toes.

Is it considered "impolite" to refuse a search of your car? Answer questions, disclose your destination?

Be polite, be nice, but CYA

Comment from a cop: Heres an officers mentality
But its for the children!
GasKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:16 AM   #92
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasKing View Post
But its for the children!
Everything is for the children these days. We have the most spoiled and protected children on the planet it would seem.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:52 PM   #93
MrAdventure

My Ride: '99 Z3, '00 328Ci
I do agree that the police were very much out of line, but the kid definitely egged 'em on.

In some ways, he reminds me of this guy I used to know who hated (perceived) tailgaiters. I rode with him a couple times, and when he believed someone was following too closely, he'd jam on his brakes, repeatedly along the same stretch of road. After a while, I asked why he kept doing it, and his justification was that eventually someone would hit him, and it would be their fault that both cars would be wrecked. At least his point would be proved. Oh yeah, and he worked as an EMT. I never rode with him behind the wheel again.

I wonder how many times the video poster had to tape before he finally got one worth posting. He seemed quite practiced and ready for what happened.
MrAdventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:37 AM   #94
Black Widow

My Ride: BMW 325XI
Re: Another DUI checkpoint video (4 July 2013).

You people are crazy, clearly liberals! Last time I checked we still had soldiers in foreign countries to protect our freedoms. Although the window not being rolled all the way down is childish, it is legal. We have rights that are being infringed on each and every day from simple policeman like this to Mr. Obama. If we keep giving up rights for "the good of everybody" where does it stop. Driver was never in the wrong. Never raised his voice. Never talked back. What did he do wrong? Ironically this happened on independence day!

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Black Widow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:39 AM   #95
djmangee816

My Ride: ///m
Does anyone know what the alcohol level you can have while driving?

djmangee816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:20 AM   #96
MrAdventure

My Ride: '99 Z3, '00 328Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmangee816 View Post
Does anyone know what the alcohol level you can have while driving?
It varies from state to state. Feel free to look it up in your own license edumacation book.
MrAdventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:34 AM   #97
GreekLSBm3

My Ride: drops panties
From a former LEO perspective... So many uninformed people on here its amazing... ANYWAYYYYYY If I made that stop and interacted with that individual, I would have "maybe" slightly been annoyed with the window comment. However, kid was respectful at least and I would have asked the standard 2-3 more questions and sent him on his way. Being respectful was the most important thing to me when I dealt with individuals. Kudos to the driver for knowing the laws, I would have been impressed more so than anything. This is why I resigned too many power hungry brute force LEO's. Makes you feel out of place when you actually do your job correctly and have to deal with coworkers like the LEO in the vid.

Last edited by GreekLSBm3; 07-08-2013 at 01:35 AM.
GreekLSBm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:14 AM   #98
djmangee816

My Ride: ///m
If the kid had comply to rolling down the window, would everything pan out the way it did? Or would everything that happened happen anyways regardless.

djmangee816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:57 AM   #99
GreekLSBm3

My Ride: drops panties
Quote:
If the kid had comply to rolling down the window, would everything pan out the way it did? Or would everything that happened happen anyways regardless.
Thats not the point, the point is the LEO went overboard and was unlawful in his actions. End of story.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:52 AM   #100
Sentaruu

My Ride: Xterra
Quote:
chances are if he had chose to roll the window down he wouldn't have been pulled out of the car that night.