E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > Polls & Surveys - Please Participate!

Polls & Surveys - Please Participate!
This forum contains "official" polls and surveys

View Poll Results: Would you debadge a 330 if you own/ownd one?
Yes, I would go for the clean sleeper look... 29 29.00%
No, Im too proud/would be too proud to hide the fact that it's a 330... 36 36.00%
Neutral, couldn't care less/ wouldn't interest me... 35 35.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-06-2013, 03:19 PM   #61
mjpgolf1

My Ride: 00 328i ZSP,05 745LI
If you own/owed a 330, would you debadge it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger9 View Post
Hardly the largest surprise in the world when you come onto a lowly (by comparison) e46 board with a rarified automotive presence way way above what 99% of people here will ever possess. No matter what you write, it doesn't come off as anything approaching humility.

And excellent example of the effect of badge removal. Take the badge off of a 360 and the blue book would go down about $10K.
On a much more minor level, same effect on an e46.
This is a car forum and a BMW car forum at that. To be honest if you look at the prices of a 2002 360 you will find that you can purchase one for around the same price as a new loaded up F30 335. If it was an Enzo I wouldn't have posted it but I purchased the car for well under $100k so I don't feel that it is anything out of the ordinary to post a few pics of my new ride for all to check out. We are all car guys here so is it so different than someone letting us know that they went and purchased a new 335.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
mjpgolf1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 03:21 PM   #62
mjpgolf1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex323Ci View Post

wow congrats, that's one beautiful machine.

Thanks. I am having fun with it.

Old 07-06-2013, 03:33 PM   #63
beeemerdude

My Ride: Cabrio. Stick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arilliam View Post
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate my 330, but i don't see why its that different from debadging a slower model. That said, I debadged mine, i think it looks cleaner than the chrome.
PS. I realize the 330 is still visible slightly
So,....you take off your 330 badging, but add an E46fanatics sticker?
beeemerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 04:22 PM   #64
Stinger9

My Ride: '04 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpgolf1 View Post
This is a car forum and a BMW car forum at that.
Nice rationalization and attempt to reconfigure human nature. Seems the lowest common denominator didn't get the bulletin, eh?

Last edited by Stinger9; 07-06-2013 at 04:23 PM.
Stinger9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 04:27 PM   #65
TArse

My Ride: 03 330xi, 87 325is

I do and I did

Sent from an iToaster.
TArse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 04:45 PM   #66
mjpgolf1

Quote:
Nice rationalization and attempt to reconfigure human nature. Seems the lowest common denominator didn't get the bulletin, eh?
I understand your concern, however we can't be sensitive to everyone's feelings here. We come here to show off our cars and share our love of fine automobiles in general. I'm sorry but I've worked hard to have the things that I have and I come hear and other forums to share my passion. I've watched all my life while people around me acquired nice things and it only gave me hope and drive to work extremely hard to get to the point where I can enjoy those things as well. I'm not ashamed and shouldn't have to hide a car that Im excited about just because it may hurt someone's feelings. Instead maybe someone will get excited and work even harder in life to get to a place where they too can enjoy something so wonderful.

Old 07-06-2013, 06:04 PM   #67
Stinger9

Quote:
I understand your concern, however we can't be sensitive to everyone's feelings here. We come here to show off our cars
Not concerned. I was only ever making an observation. I have no horse in this race. I love 360's; I'd have one myself if I didn't live in the jungle.
Just don't ever think your post wasn't going to generate that comment. I maintain that the very goal of "showing off your car" when it's an unattainable Ferrari stands out for what it is.

Last edited by Stinger9; 07-06-2013 at 06:17 PM.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:08 PM   #68
HBizzo88

My Ride: 2002 bmw 330ci

Quote:
This is actually funny. I don't mean to be cruel but anything that a 330 is "eating up" is not that great. The new ford fusion is faster than an e46 330.

Don't get me wrong guys, I love my e46.

I have a technique turbo Installed. It eats up its fair share actually.

Last edited by HBizzo88; 07-06-2013 at 06:13 PM.
HBizzo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:24 PM   #69
cannockwolf

My Ride: 330Ci ESS TS2+
I kept the badge off when I put the csl trunk on, looks cleaner, but with the supercharger fitted it should suprise a few
Old 07-06-2013, 06:27 PM   #70
Barbaros

My Ride: 02 TIAG M5
there s nothing special about 330 that makes it a sleeper but yeah debadged is better
Old 07-06-2013, 06:39 PM   #71
beeemerdude

My Ride: Cabrio. Stick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBizzo88 View Post
I have a technique turbo Installed. It eats up its fair share actually.

one can sure tell all the little 22yr olds on the forum. "my car is faster than your car. 330 is faster than a Fusion" "No it's not". Sound like a bunch of little girls.

If you want a car to brag in that regard, buck up & buy an NSX. Done. I don't give a rat if my car gets "eaten" at a red light. That's soo juvenile. I have a BMW b/c of the comfort, the driveability, the "fun-ness", etc, etc. If I wanted a car to "eat up" others, I certainly wouldn't have a 325ci cabrio 5spd, nor a 330, & not even an M3. It's be an NSX. So, ... /thread if you guys are gonna keep this nonsense up. E46's are not meant for redlight road racing. Subaru beats ALL in that regard.
beeemerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:42 PM   #72
Teraxx

My Ride: 2002 330Ci
62% say "No de-badging" or "Neutral/wouldn't be interested" vs. 38% in favor of debadge.

So, that's 2/3 of all 330 owners on here so far who wouldn't debadge.

Food for thought!

Last edited by Teraxx; 07-06-2013 at 07:04 PM.
Teraxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:43 PM   #73
HBizzo88

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeemerdude View Post
one can sure tell all the little 22yr olds on the forum. "my car is faster than your car. 330 is faster than a Fusion" "No it's not". Sound like a bunch of little girls.

If you want a car to brag in that regard, buck up & buy an NSX. Done. I don't give a rat if my car gets "eaten" at a red light. That's soo juvenile. I have a BMW b/c of the comfort, the driveability, the "fun-ness", etc, etc. If I wanted a car to "eat up" others, I certainly wouldn't have a 325ci cabrio 5spd, nor a 330, & not even an M3. It's be an NSX. So, ... /thread if you guys are gonna keep this nonsense up. E46's are not meant for redlight road racing. Subaru beats ALL in that regard.
I wasnt bragging, nor am i 22. :Lmao: Did you seriously get rustled by my comment?

Old 07-06-2013, 06:47 PM   #74
mjpgolf1

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeemerdude View Post

That was what I was trying to say, however I wasn't going to be that blunt about it. Lol. Truth is that really an e46 M3 isn't even that fast in comparison to other sports cars. My brother just bought the new jaguar XF sport sedan (not the supercharged one) and even that car will eat an E46 M3 up and the jaguar is a family sedan. I'm sorry to burst all of the kids bubbles on here but if you guys think a 330 or even an e46 M3 is fast then you don't know what fast is.

Old 07-06-2013, 06:51 PM   #75
HBizzo88

Quote:
That was what I was trying to say, however I wasn't going to be that blunt about it. Lol. Truth is that really an e46 M3 isn't even that fast in comparison to other sports cars. My brother just bought the new jaguar XF sport sedan (not the supercharged one) and even that car will eat an E46 M3 up and the jaguar is a family sedan. I'm sorry to burst all of the kids bubbles on here but if you guys think a 330 or even an e46 M3 is fast then you don't know what fast is.

I agree totally. Honestly, my 330 is sadly, one the fastest car I've driven/been in. I don't care though. It's fast for me and I love driving it.

That's all that matters, really.

Old 07-06-2013, 06:56 PM   #76
mjpgolf1

Quote:
Not concerned. I was only ever making an observation. I have no horse in this race. I love 360's; I'd have one myself if I didn't live in the jungle.
Just don't ever think your post wasn't going to generate that comment. I maintain that the very goal of "showing off your car" when it's an unattainable Ferrari stands out for what it is.
I hear what you are saying. I will admit that I was itching to not so much show off but to at least show my new ride that I'm very excited about and worked hard for. It wasn't ever intended to rub in anyone's face though. I know that there will be people that will make negative comments but I get the same comments pulling into the local Starbucks with it. There are still going to be some people on here that will enjoy the pics and I'm still smiling from ear to ear and am as excited as a 12 year old at Christmas. Any car enthusiast loves to show off their cars.

Old 07-06-2013, 07:30 PM   #77
theOCHO

My Ride: 330i ZHP 6MT
Quote:
You are incorrect. If you want to get technical the 2012 ford fusion v6 sport has 40 more hp than your 10+ year old 330. The new style fusion with an Eco boost 4cyl has 20 more hp than the 330. My point was not to get that specific but to let you know that your car is not fast. Next time you try to challenge someone when it comes to cars you shouldn't go after the 20+ year car dealer that does this for a living.

Lulz
Never said my car was fast. Learn how to read. Said it was faster than all fusions. And I don't care if you work at a dealer if you're wrong ...
From MotorTrend. Not saying my 330 is fast, but when you drop down ridiculous phrases like Ford Fusions are faster than 330s you should probably back it up.

Last edited by theOCHO; 07-06-2013 at 07:33 PM.
theOCHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:46 PM   #78
mjpgolf1

Quote:
Originally Posted by theOCHO View Post
Lulz
Never said my car was fast. Learn how to read. Said it was faster than all fusions. And I don't care if you work at a dealer if you're wrong ...
From MotorTrend. Not saying my 330 is fast, but when you drop down ridiculous phrases like Ford Fusions are faster than 330s you should probably back it up.
2012 fusion sport. 270hp and 250lb ft torque. That's more power than a stock 330. The argument doesn't matter. There are different models and engines, some are slower and some are faster. I didn't even look at the 1/4 mile times. I was looking at hp. It's not important and the last thing I want to do is argue about a ford fusion. We both had valid points and we were both being equally ridiculous for even arguing about a ford fusion. I'll step up and be the one to say that I should've left the poor ford fusion out of this argument, as it already has a tough life being a ford. Lol. These are the things that keeps the forum interesting to read. All in good fun my friend and have a good evening.

Old 07-06-2013, 08:31 PM   #79
Stinger9

Pleese? Quoting Motor Trend? Have you ever tried to read a copy of this pathetic magazine? Def the worst one in creation for the last forty years at least.
And the point here is that they are notoriously inaccurate in their 0-60 times.
If you want to view the very definition of pathetic, click on a few years to see what they select as their cars of the year: http://www.motortrend.com/oftheyear/03/car/
I believe they come very close to picking cars that are either dead duds, or guaranteed to end their production runs within a few years of being picked by Motor Trend.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:39 PM   #80
saace7

My Ride: 04' 330i ZHP
Horsepower doesn't mean crap if the power isn't getting delivered to the wheels adequately . . . bmw is very well rounded in every aspect.
saace7 is offline   Reply With Quote