E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > Polls & Surveys - Please Participate!

Polls & Surveys - Please Participate!
This forum contains "official" polls and surveys

View Poll Results: Would you debadge a 330 if you own/ownd one?
Yes, I would go for the clean sleeper look... 29 29.00%
No, Im too proud/would be too proud to hide the fact that it's a 330... 36 36.00%
Neutral, couldn't care less/ wouldn't interest me... 35 35.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-08-2013, 06:33 AM   #121
DarkSyde330ci

My Ride: COUPE
Got any recent pics of your car? What lip you running?
Old 07-08-2013, 09:37 AM   #122
jayb328i

My Ride: E46 2000 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeMyWhip View Post
Everybody is going all over the place with this thread. All I asked was should I debage it or not. I guess the topic lends itself to various debate. Vote people, because in the end I will do whatever the final tally says. A little aside... when I first bought my car I was looking for an auto cause I really didn't know too much about the E46. I just loved the way it looked. Deriving attention from a car? man I hit that phase years ago when I owned Camaros and mustangs with loud throaty exhaust and such. Plus being a former competitive bodybuilder got me all the attention I needed lol. And my self esteem was statisfied through my intelletual and spiritual pursuits. So, no, I really couldn't care less. I mean we all want to own nice things, but I don't need others to oohhh and aaahhh over it. I just enjoy modding and taking something and making it suit my tastes/needs. Some don't, I do.
So since we're on the topic... what's on my wish list?
I think I wanna do a badge delete (pending the outcome of this vote lol)
A custom quad exhaust,
A M3 rear diff/subframe swap,
when the auto blows...
A 6 spd from an M3,
and finally, if I really treat myself,
An AA supercharger, ofcourse I realize I need to beef up the frame prior to this.
And those are just the major items, but I would be one happy camper!
Why? I would not do a debadge based on a vote. What do you like? A vote taken this week may be very different than a vote taken in a few months based on viewers. Again, what looks better for you..........not the voters?
jayb328i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:55 AM   #123
BMWsRkewl

My Ride: 1999 323i
Be cautious, i debadged my 323i (for obvious reasons) and now everybody assumes that it is something more. I constantly have people trying to race me everywhere i go.
BMWsRkewl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:37 PM   #124
Mango
A full five stars, son

My Ride: M54B30
This thread is retarded. Chromed out 4 lyfe, YO!

Also whats with these stupid phrases such as "eat up everything" SUBARU 4 LYFE, SUBARUS DA FASTEST, FUSION OWNZ etc. etc.? As a former Subaru owner, I can definitely say they aren't "DA BEST" or "DA FASTEST." Sounds like something a 9th grader with stolen copies of Import Tuner would say. Wait until you understeer into a wall, overheat your brakes, blow your transmission syncros, or blow a headgasket for no reason.

I'm pretty sure Porsche takes top honors for performance cars.

As far as debadging OP's 330 - doesn't make a damn difference. Chrome wheels, mustang hood, automatic trans, painted brake pads/anti-rattle clips, custom painted red/green engine covers, aforementioned interior trim, I think the overall theme is so flashy and bright that it distracts people and they won't really look at the badge in the first place.

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:23 PM   #125
mjpgolf1

My Ride: 00 328i ZSP,05 745LI
If you own/owed a 330, would you debadge it?

OP has a way of bringing up topics that stir up some serious @$&! On his threads. In truth I never bought any of my BMWs for speed. With the exception of the newer M cars within the last 5 years BMW does not have a car that is worthy of even being in the same sentence as fast. That's not what they were going for, especially with an e46. If they wanted them to be fast then they were more than capable of making them fast. My ford fusion comments were not made for anything other than to prove a point, and looking back now I should've kept my mouth shut and let all you guys argue about this topic as now I'm included in this stupidity.

And whoever thinks a Subaru is the best is crazy too. Might as well clear that up also. Good day to all you crazy people.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
mjpgolf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:29 PM   #126
BeMyWhip

My Ride: 01 BMW 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpgolf1 View Post
OP has a way of bringing up topics that stir up some serious @$&! On his threads. In truth I never bought any of my BMWs for speed. With the exception of the newer M cars within the last 5 years BMW does not have a car that is worthy of even being in the same sentence as fast. That's not what they were going for, especially with an e46. If they wanted them to be fast then they were more than capable of making them fast. My ford fusion comments were not made for anything other than to prove a point, and looking back now I should've kept my mouth shut and let all you guys argue about this topic as now I'm included in this stupidity.

And whoever thinks a Subaru is the best is crazy too. Might as well clear that up also. Good day to all you crazy people.

thank you.
lol. Everyone has the need to defeat the king of fhe hill.
so.... haters gonna hate. Then you this cooling system expert who is so anal retentive that everything needs to be factory precise. Bet he never heard of the resto mod category. Lol
I have family members who are so busy trying to impress others with their "properness" that I dont think they're enjoying life. Does everyone notice how much mangoo sweats me????
Lol poor guy.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:54 PM   #127
DarkSyde330ci

My Ride: COUPE
Well mango has 17000 posts of running his mouth and he is proud of that.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:59 PM   #128
tks

My Ride: slower than yours
I would do debadged if I changed my trunk to CSL or had the keyhole removed.

Rocking the badge for the meantime (forebber)
tks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:05 PM   #129
BeMyWhip

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSyde330ci View Post
Well mango has 17000 posts of running his mouth and he is proud of that.
I enjoy reading your posts. Really. Why? Because I can tell youre a car guy. You show true interest, not a hidden agenda of being a prick. Btw, im having trouble loading new pics. Just check out my albums.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:08 PM   #130
mjpgolf1

My Ride: 00 328i ZSP,05 745LI

Quote:
thank you.
so.... haters gonna hate. Then you this cooling system expert who is so anal retentive that everything needs to be factory precise. Bet he never heard of the resto mod category. Lol
I have family members who are so busy trying to impress others with their "properness" that I dont think they're enjoying life. Does everyone notice how much mangoo sweats me????
Lol poor guy.
I don't think mango sweats anyone to be cruel. He and others here including myself would rather spend the money refreshing what BMW made to be on these great cars instead of adding parts that would've never made it to the front door of the design facility. When a car becomes affordable to the masses then it becomes subject to extreme and very tacky modifications. Just as many people here think I'm crazy for spending thousands to refresh my car back to factory or close to factory condition, I think they are insane for throwing plastic in a can and fake trunk lids on theirs. We are never all going to agree on what these cars should look like or what we should all replace on them.

mjpgolf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:11 PM   #131
BeMyWhip

So, the polls close at 11:18... just minutes away, and, the vote stands:
Yes 29
no 36
unde 35
Wow, very close... get those votes in fast!

Old 07-08-2013, 10:14 PM   #132
Davconelectric

My Ride: 330
If you had an option to burn your pos I'd say that would've been 100%. Haha
Davconelectric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:23 PM   #133
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
thank you.
did you really just refer to yourself as "the king of the hill"
dude that's not a "hill", it's called a "pile" that you'd be the king of.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davconelectric View Post
If you had an option to burn your POS I'd say that would've been 100%. Haha
agreed.
Alex323Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:07 PM   #134
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger9 View Post
what about the one series?

three series is the best
it's even getting too heavy for me

seven series is a dog
Who would want to pilot that barge?
Even with the 1er (which didn't exist when the E46 was new, but thanks for splitting hairs), the 3er hasn't moved upmarket at all. It's still competing as an entry-level luxury car. Now there's just another BMW below it.

Old 07-09-2013, 12:43 AM   #135
Mango
A full five stars, son

My Ride: M54B30
I laughed hard.

Anyway on topic I vote no debadging. older cars especially of other makes have large ugly badges. like the E30. in those cases, the car would benefit from a debadge. in the case of the e46, it's best left on, IMO.

I think some people need to stop touching their cars thinking they're improving them. If BMW released the car without a badge, you'd have people modding it by installing a badge. Just because it's different doesn't necessarily mean it's improved.

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:41 AM   #136
jayb328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpgolf1 View Post
I don't think mango sweats anyone to be cruel. He and others here including myself would rather spend the money refreshing what BMW made to be on these great cars instead of adding parts that would've never made it to the front door of the design facility. When a car becomes affordable to the masses then it becomes subject to extreme and very tacky modifications. Just as many people here think I'm crazy for spending thousands to refresh my car back to factory or close to factory condition, I think they are insane for throwing plastic in a can and fake trunk lids on theirs. We are never all going to agree on what these cars should look like or what we should all replace on them.

I second that!
Old 07-09-2013, 02:42 AM   #137
jayb328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango View Post
I laughed hard.

Anyway on topic I vote no debadging. older cars especially of other makes have large ugly badges. like the E30. in those cases, the car would benefit from a debadge. in the case of the e46, it's best left on, IMO.

I think some people need to stop touching their cars thinking they're improving them. If BMW released the car without a badge, you'd have people modding it by installing a badge. Just because it's different doesn't necessarily mean it's improved.
As an owner of a E30, I disagree with you.

Last edited by jayb328i; 07-09-2013 at 02:42 AM. Reason: sp
Old 07-09-2013, 02:46 AM   #138
jayb328i

Quote:
So, the polls close at 11:18... just minutes away, and, the vote stands:
Yes 29
no 36
unde 35
Wow, very close... get those votes in fast!

wait, wait, wait, WAIT.............I am going to get a dozen of my friends to vote and that will decide YOUR future. Too bad you do not have the ability to decide on your own.
Lets have a vote NOW, on what color he should paint this car. Since it is not my car..........I vote PINK.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:18 AM   #139
BeMyWhip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango View Post
I laughed hard.

Wow! A sincere answer. And I agree with this. Wow!
Btw. The votes also concur. So for now. No debadging.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:51 AM   #140
Manny330

My Ride: 02 330i
Send a message via AIM to Manny330

I don't think any car should be debaged,unless it looks like a transformer.