E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum

Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum
Post your positive or negative feedback about transactions with members here.

Old 07-10-2013, 05:59 PM   #1
Munz_91

My Ride: 04 320i
Beware rogue engineering!!

Hi guys just to make you aware of the bad experiance i had with rogue engineering. Im gonna make this short and sweet and again its only to advise you of what kinda of customer service you should expect if i havent convinced you enough to not deal with them.
I ordered a pair of rear spring perch reinforcement plate for my e46 sedan
After about a week or so of completeing the transaction, i noticed that i wasnt provided with a tracking number like most business do when ordering parts.
I gave it some more time and finnaly after two weeks ofnot knowing if my order was checked out i decided to give them a call. Turns out nothing was sent out and no one had a clue of what was going on..( but they sure didnt forgt to take my money) after talking to what they refer to as a manager, he assured me that he would sent out my order first thing in the morning on the folowing day. Again no tracking number was sent , i then emailed them inquiring about this tracking number and finnaly my email was answerd after some delay,(manager claimed he was on some sort of leave) . i know have a tracking number, which never gave me any information of the whereabouts of my order... In the mean time , summer is half way done and my car has yet been lowered.

Now exactly 28 days after they allegedly sent my item, i call them again and inquire about this nonsence.. Once again manager was away and one of the associates assured me that she would talk to this so called manager and get back at me. 2 business days go by and still have no news whatsoever. So i call again and mr. Manager answers and tells me i shouldnt be so lazy and that i should check my emails.( they Go directly to my phone, and i have not receive anything) i then told him i didnt get anything and asked if he could read this email to me.. ( if you want my opinion he hasnt sent anykind of email) and then tells me over the phone that he doesnt know where the item is and thathis item left his warehouse and so now its usps's reponsability and then tell me to wait another 8 business days.
The conversation started to aggravate and pretty much tells me to go ****myself- his words exactly where" **** you and **** canada" he then said to me he would pay a plane ticket so that he could fly me in the states to " take care of me" talk about greAt costomer service. One hour after this argument i was refunded through paypal, which let me tell you put a smile on my face.

So thats that, rogue doesnt give a f*** about its customers and its image..

Again take this advice or dont, up to you, juss felt like it was my duty as a member of the e46f community to alert all e46 owners.
Munz_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:09 PM   #2
peytonracer4
:D

My Ride: '00 328i

I was about to order about $5k worth of parts from them. I guess I'll take my business elsewhere.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:24 PM   #3
esberelias

My Ride: '03 325i
Holy Sh*t.... This guy (the manager) must of not seen how Justin Bieber almost killed a guy after saying **** Canada to him.... :rofl:

on a serious note... That's messed up! isn't there another number you could call or someone higher up you could talk to? not about the order but about that manager.... I mean I understand having a bad day and personal issues... but cursing a customer out isn't right... No matter what the situation. :thumbdwn:

Check out my ride

Last edited by esberelias; 07-10-2013 at 06:25 PM.
esberelias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:30 PM   #4
dgknight

My Ride: 02 325xi 5sp 120k
I have ordered with many of the vendors from this site and always had an exceptional experience from each. I have not used Rogue yet, and thank you for the warning.
dgknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:40 PM   #5
2003silver330i

My Ride: 03 BMW 330i
Dearly noted. Thanks OP...I will add them to my blackballed list.
2003silver330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:44 PM   #6
Munz_91

My Ride: 04 320i
Quote:
Originally Posted by esberelias View Post
Holy Sh*t.... This guy (the manager) must of not seen how Justin Bieber almost killed a guy after saying **** Canada to him.... :rofl:

on a serious note... That's messed up! isn't there another number you could call or someone higher up you could talk to? not about the order but about that manager.... I mean I understand having a bad day and personal issues... but cursing a customer out isn't right... No matter what the situation. :thumbdwn:
No i dont see any other number to call, should you come across anything let me know. But for now, im satisfied just by advising people. No one should ever be treated this way.
Munz_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:50 PM   #7
ac_2007

My Ride: 2004 M3, 2001 325i
Rogue Engineering has offered exceptional customer service for me, and I purchased their parts from a third party.
ac_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:52 PM   #8
ANREC330

My Ride: C6 Vette & M3

That's why I don't order my parts through rogue. Any and all rogue parts I order, I go through Modbargains. Jurrian (guy that helped me) is amazing when it comes to response time and giving answers. He responds literally within minutes. Longest wait time for a response with him was about 20mins.

It's better this way so you don't have to deal directly with rogue which never seems to be on time.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
ANREC330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:21 PM   #9
Mango
A full five stars, son

My Ride: M54B30
That sounds weird. Definitely messed up if it's a true story.

I like their shock mounts. In fact I don't know if there's other good choices out there for RSMs besides Rogue.

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:35 PM   #10
TC2

My Ride: E30, E36, E36/7
While I usually am hesitant with other's experiences, I believe this one.
I e-mailed the manager or owner of Rogue a few months ago regarding a strut bar.
He wasn't exactly willing to answer my questions, and was a bit rude.
Needless to say, I took my business elsewhere.
I won't run Rogue products, even if purchased through a third party.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:03 PM   #11
Zell

My Ride: '02 Dogemobile Shibe
This is like the millionth time I've heard someone say something bad about Rogue products.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:14 PM   #12
wasp9166
ima touching member

My Ride: 04 330i jet black
Send a message via Yahoo to wasp9166
rogue
n.
1. An unprincipled, deceitful, and unreliable person; a scoundrel or rascal.
2. One who is playfully mischievous; a scamp.
3. A wandering beggar; a vagrant.
4. A vicious and solitary animal, especially an elephant that has separated itself from its herd.
5. An organism, especially a plant, that shows an undesirable variation from a standard.

:shhh:

"if polarity comes from protons, does morality come from morons?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330 View Post
"Mommy and Daddy are getting a divorce now because wasp9166 had to piitb with Mom."
wasp9166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:16 PM   #13
ThatGuy_JZ

My Ride: '02 Steel Blue 325Ci
Send a message via AIM to ThatGuy_JZ
I've never had a problem with them in the past, but it's been a while. I'm running their rear spring perches on my car w/o issue. Sorry about your experience.

ThatGuy_JZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:32 PM   #14
Stinger9

My Ride: '04 330Ci
When in doubt just purchase thru a third party. Most of their stuff is sold that way.
Choose your third parties carefully and develop a relationship with them.
Stinger9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:43 PM   #15
Grande D

My Ride: E90 M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
This is like the millionth time I've heard someone say something bad about Rogue products.
You sure you aren't thinking of UUC? I hear them brought up a lot more in a negative light.

Guys, Rogue is not that big of a company so OP was probably talking to a higher up in the company. Somebody must have pissed in the guy's Wheaties.
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:02 AM   #16
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiggles View Post
Rogue Engineering has offered exceptional customer service for me
:dunno: same here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC2 View Post
While I usually am hesitant with other's experiences..
I've seen so many people here on this forum cry too often over very little and their stories just never jive. when you hear the company's version it ALWAYS shows the customer at fault for either not calling or being aggressive on the phone.
I do hope this was not the case with RE, but perhaps true.
What I find extremely odd and beyond belief is that the RE customer service agent just got upset and said f Canada and he wanted to kick someone's butt. Really??? Not provoked, I'm sure there was a lot more to the other side of the story.