E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-03-2013, 02:28 PM   #61
YOLO89
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 138
My Ride: Hooptie
Anyone in here do Men's Physique shows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinwu57 View Post
Good stuff man. I have about 6.5 weeks or so. What are your plans for the last two weeks as far as carbs, protein, fat, sodium, and water manipulation? I still gotta do more research about posing, last few weeks, and tanning too.
Final two weeks ill just be cutting back slightly on my carb intake and begin water depleting that final week. Protein intake will still stay the same and as for sodium I try to avoid having any throughout the whole dieting process as that is what retains water.

Yeah with posing if you got friends that do it have them help you or if you know anyone just ask for advice. Posing is a big part when you're on stage.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
YOLO89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:37 PM   #62
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOLO89 View Post
Final two weeks ill just be cutting back slightly on my carb intake and begin water depleting that final week. Protein intake will still stay the same and as for sodium I try to avoid having any throughout the whole dieting process as that is what retains water.

Yeah with posing if you got friends that do it have them help you or if you know anyone just ask for advice. Posing is a big part when you're on stage.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
how much do you guys drink when doing the water depletion?
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:19 PM   #63
YOLO89
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 138
My Ride: Hooptie
Anyone in here do Men's Physique shows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
how much do you guys drink when doing the water depletion?
Depends how you look the week of. Past shows I started on....
Monday- Gallon
Tuesday- Half gallon
Wednesday- Liter
Thursday- Half liter
Friday- None (ice cubes)
Saturday- None (Let diet soda touch lips or smalllllllll sips)


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
YOLO89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:36 PM   #64
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOLO89 View Post
Depends how you look the week of. Past shows I started on....
Monday- Gallon
Tuesday- Half gallon
Wednesday- Liter
Thursday- Half liter
Friday- None (ice cubes)
Saturday- None (Let diet soda touch lips or smalllllllll sips)


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
jesus I would not be happy
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:48 PM   #65
YOLO89
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 138
My Ride: Hooptie
Anyone in here do Men's Physique shows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
jesus I would not be happy
Yeah it's def tough to deplete but it's amazing to see your body change day to day from just getting rid of water.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
YOLO89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:54 AM   #66
jinwu57
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NJ
Posts: 173
My Ride: bmw325 ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOLO89 View Post
Yeah it's def tough to deplete but it's amazing to see your body change day to day from just getting rid of water.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Been doing research and Layne Norton is against depleting sodium and water. I guess I'm going to see where I'm at 2 weeks out and then decide from there. Last thing I want to do is come in flat considering 140lbs flat is going to look just silly skinny.
jinwu57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:30 PM   #67
YOLO89
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 138
My Ride: Hooptie
Anyone in here do Men's Physique shows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinwu57 View Post
Been doing research and Layne Norton is against depleting sodium and water. I guess I'm going to see where I'm at 2 weeks out and then decide from there. Last thing I want to do is come in flat considering 140lbs flat is going to look just silly skinny.
Everybody is different. I've always depleted water the week of show and avoided sodium, but this is cause my coach gives me a plan to follow. However though I've seen people drinking water even day of the show.

I'm not sure if you ever heard of macro diet, but if you haven't basically you have a macro guideline to follow on a day to day basis. As long as you're within the guidelines and numbers its pretty much eat whatever you want. I'm probably going to do this for my next show and see how it works out for me.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
YOLO89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:45 PM   #68
jinwu57
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NJ
Posts: 173
My Ride: bmw325 ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOLO89 View Post
Everybody is different. I've always depleted water the week of show and avoided sodium, but this is cause my coach gives me a plan to follow. However though I've seen people drinking water even day of the show.

I'm not sure if you ever heard of macro diet, but if you haven't basically you have a macro guideline to follow on a day to day basis. As long as you're within the guidelines and numbers its pretty much eat whatever you want. I'm probably going to do this for my next show and see how it works out for me.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Yes, I've read that too. I haven't paying too much attention to my Macros...yet. Maybe in the next three weeks I'll get down to it. As for now, just eating very lean and consistent. I guess we'll see what I look like 2 weeks out to determine how to enter the final week.
jinwu57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 04:03 PM   #69
jinwu57
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NJ
Posts: 173
My Ride: bmw325 ci
I really need to study posing. 45 days out:




jinwu57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 04:32 PM   #70
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,052
My Ride: a franken-e46 325i

Looking great, jinwu


[bimmerapp]
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:51 AM   #71
jinwu57
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NJ
Posts: 173
My Ride: bmw325 ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post

Looking great, jinwu


[bimmerapp]
Thanks...i actually lost too much weight so gonna re-feed today. cant wait for them carbs!!!
jinwu57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:50 AM   #72
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
looking good man
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:53 AM   #73
YOLO89
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 138
My Ride: Hooptie
Anyone in here do Men's Physique shows?

Good work man keep it up!


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
YOLO89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:09 AM   #74
jinwu57
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NJ
Posts: 173
My Ride: bmw325 ci
thanks guys...just had 3 bags of Popped chips, banana, orange, and pringles. Man, this is going to be an awesome eating day!
jinwu57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:13 AM   #75
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
If I could give one piece of advice and I don't even know if this is what is good for those shows and it may be the angle but if your traps were a little larger you'd look like a beast.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:39 AM   #76
jinwu57
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NJ
Posts: 173
My Ride: bmw325 ci
Thanks. I wish I could put on some size, but it's going to have to wait until after this show. my main concern is to spare as much muscle as possible while gradually cutting fat. If all goes well, I may not even deplete water or manipulate sodium during peak week.
jinwu57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:34 PM   #77
YOLO89
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 138
My Ride: Hooptie
Anyone in here do Men's Physique shows?

Having big traps doing physique show is a no go.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
YOLO89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:50 PM   #78
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOLO89 View Post
Having big traps doing physique show is a no go.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Figured
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:03 PM   #79
jinwu57
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NJ
Posts: 173
My Ride: bmw325 ci
so when someone asks me what I'm dieting and training for, I say "A male version of a bikini contest."
jinwu57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:28 PM   #80
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinwu57 View Post
so when someone asks me what I'm dieting and training for, I say "A male version of a bikini contest."
lol that works.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use